#1 Edited by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

SCENARIO
Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, has been sent on a mission by S.H.I.E.L.D to the moon LV-223. His main objective is to venture into one of the moon's alien temples and bring back the skull of an Engineer/Space Jockey, for analysis.
Steve is provided with a spaceship to enable him to fly to LV-223. Upon landing, Steve exits the ship and walks into the temple entrance, where a weakened Engineer takes him by surprise and injects him with a sample of the Black Liquid, with a small egg inside the liquid.
Steve immediately kills the Engineer with a shield strike to the face, but it is too late: he knows that he is now a walking host to a Trilobite, and he knows he does not have long before it fully hatches inside him and bursts from his stomach.

RULES
-Steve's main objective is to make it to the end of the temple (which is 3 miles from his starting point), retrieve the Engineer skull, run back to his ship, and fly back to Earth.
-Because Steve is infected with the Black Liquid, a Trilobite is gradually growing inside him. Steve has 90 minutes (an hour and a half) to complete his mission before the Trilobite bursts out of him. If he can get back to his ship in time, he will be able to use equipment on-board to safely remove the Trilobite from his body (he must kill it afterwards). In the last ten minutes of the time limit, Steve will start to experience intense pain from the Trilobite's movements.
-The following enemies are spread throughout the temple: 10 Hammerpedes, 2 fully grown Trilobites, and 5 Engineers (each armed with a sword).
-Steve has wiki-knowledge on all of his enemies (they have no knowledge on Steve), and he is aware of how many enemies are inside the temple. He does not have to kill any enemy he comes across; he is allowed to simply run from them. However, every enemy will attempt to chase him down and fight him, so if he simply runs from them, it will become much more difficult for him to make it back outside.
-Morals are off for Steve; he is fighting for his life and is willing to kill.
-Steve does not have any problems breathing on LV-223; the Super Soldier Serum allows him to breathe comfortably, the same as if he was on Earth.
-When Steve is escaping the temple and comes within 50 yards of his ship, one last Engineer will appear and try to fight him. This particular Engineer is enhanced with the Venom symbiote.
-Steve has the following equipment: his vibranium shield, an adamantium combat knife, a Desert Eagle with 4 shots, two incendiary grenades, a backpack to carry the Engineer skull in, and his usual costume (lightly armored to protect from blunt force). His ship has a special device inside of it, to safely remove the Trilobite from his body.
-Steve is not allowed to remove the Trilobite from his body until after he has retrieved the Engineer skull.

Time is working against Captain America, but he has overcome seemingly impossible odds in his long life.
Can he complete his mission?
#2 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.
Anyone?

#3 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm......... Has the movie even been released?

#4 Posted by nick_hero22 (6733 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

Umm......... Has the movie even been released?

Yep

#5 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.
Would anyone like to comment on the outcome?

#6 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

when u said wiki knowledge i was dead. but the only way he gets past the fully grown trilobites is if he uses 2 of his 4 shots for each.but idk if thats enough @TheBatman586:

#7 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

One more bump for luck.

#8 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586:

Being injected with the black liquid would not infest him with a trilobite. The black liquid alters the victim's DNA. Besides that, I think Captain America's healing factor could potentially beat the disease.

To get the trilobite inside him, he would have had to have sex with an infected human.

#9 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@TheBatman586:

Being injected with the black liquid would not infest him with a trilobite. The black liquid alters the victim's DNA. Besides that, I think Captain America's healing factor could potentially beat the disease.

To get the trilobite inside him, he would have had to have sex with an infected human.

Cap has a healing factor? I thought he had accelerated healing.

#10 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

@Erik said:

@TheBatman586:

Same thing.

#11 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@TheBatman586:

My bad, thanks for pointing that out.  I slightly edited the OP: the vial containing the Black Liquid already contains a small Trilobite egg, which is how it moves into Cap's body.
#12 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBatman586 said:

@Erik said:

@TheBatman586:

My bad, thanks for pointing that out. I slightly edited the OP: the vial containing the Black Liquid already contains a small Trilobite egg, which is how it moves into Cap's body.

Fair enough.

#13 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can 

#14 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@daak1212 said:

@Erik said:

@TheBatman586:

Same thing.

Not really, one is healing at a faster rate the other is completely regrowing limbs and stuff

#15 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

Not really, one is healing at a faster rate the other is completely regrowing limbs and stuff

Oh really? And where is your evidence of this? Perhaps a definition I could look over that definitively separates the two?

#16 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik You do understand that even if i could regrow my flesh at 100 times faster rate i could not grow back an organ? The diference its HUGE. Same with fighting off some viruses, diseases etc. Logan could defenetly ignore this virus (or whatever the black crep is) as he can heal from those stuff but just an acelarated healing thing... Not so much. Even if i could heal 100x the normal speed i could not fight off cancer or AIDS or whatever, i would probably survive longer but i would have a limit (of course depending on where the Cancer is for instance and if it can be operated out).

#17 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84 said:

@Erik You do understand that even if i could regrow my flesh at 100 times faster rate i could not grow back an organ? The diference its HUGE. Same with fighting off some viruses, diseases etc. Logan could defenetly ignore this virus (or whatever the black crep is) as he can heal from those stuff but just an acelarated healing thing... Not so much. Even if i could heal 100x the normal speed i could not fight off cancer or AIDS or whatever, i would probably survive longer but i would have a limit (of course depending on where the Cancer is for instance and if it can be operated out).

Are you just making up garbage? Wolverine had a healing factor for decades and never grew anything. In fact, to this day he has not grown new limbs and up until recently, the assumption was that he could NOT grow something like that. Curiously, he still had a "healing factor". And how do you know that Steve cannot? We did not know Wolverine could until X-23 did it for him about a year ago.

You are fabricating a definition to suit your argument rather than fashioning an argument to suit a definition. FYI, Steve is immune to any terrestrial disease anyway.

#18 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik Of course he did. He was burned down to his skeleton... Now what i like is you asking for evidence from US when you are stating Steve can do that.. Do you have him growing organs? No? Well to bad then he can't... My definition applies to the point you provide evidence of him doing it like Logan. Accelerated healing just means you are healing faster. We have some ways to achive an "accelerated healing" in real life but of course not on his level. Also the virus and what not was an explame for real life things. See what you can find in real life under accelerated healing. To the point Steve showes that he can regrow organs and has his healing like Logan he is not growing any organs, he just healing faster. So my definition applies to the point he showes diferently.

#19 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84 said:

@Erik Of course he did. He was burned down to his skeleton... Now what i like is you asking for evidence from US when you are stating Steve can do that.. Do you have him growing organs? No? Well to bad then he can't... My definition applies to the point you provide evidence of him doing it like Logan. Accelerated healing just means you are healing faster. We have some ways to achive an "accelerated healing" in real life but of course not on his level. Also the virus and what not was an explame for real life things. See what you can find in real life under accelerated healing. To the point Steve showes that he can regrow organs and has his healing like Logan he is not growing any organs, he just healing faster. So my definition applies to the point he showes diferently.

Yeah... Like I said, recent. Got anything older? Like perhaps the first 2 decades he had a healing factor? Otherwise what you are doing right now is just spinning bullsh!t.

#20 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik First off aparently you are a little agresive don't you think so? No idea why to. Also i don't care what he used to do.. What does it matter? He showed eventualy that he can, Steve has not. To the point he showes, he can't. My definition applies to the point he showes it. Perhaps i am wrong perhaps i am not but curently i am as he never showed it, in the future things could change but i am not debating the future.

#21 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

Characters with healing factors that have not grown new body parts:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

And the list goes on and on. There is no proof that healing factor means "CAN GROA NU URGANZ!" while accelerated healing does not. Each character has its own limits to whatever healing ability they have. I have seen no comic reference to there being a specific difference between accelerated healing and a healing factor.

#22 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84 said:

@Erik First off aparently you are a little agresive don't you think so? No idea why to. Also i don't care what he used to do.. What does it matter? He showed eventualy that he can, Steve has not. To the point he showes he can't. My definition applies to the point he showes it. Perhaps i am wrong perhaps i am not but curently i am as he never showed it, in the future things could change but i am not debating the future.

Steve never showed that he cannot.

Your definition is just that, yours. There is no canon reference to this definition unless you are willing to provide one.

#23 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik A caracter has no need to show that he can't, he needs to show that he can. Its not like i can claim Superman has the power cosmic because he never showed not to have it no? We can base a hypotesis (like that definition) on that fact.

#24 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84 said:

@Erik A caracter has no need to show that he can't, he needs to show that he can. Its not like i can claim Superman has the power cosmic because he never showed not to have it no? We can base a hypotesis (like that definition) on that fact.

Wrong! Up until Wolverine recently started making ridiculous feats, Marvel flat out said he could not do those things. Yet, he still had a healing factor. In fact, the term healing factor was coined specifically for him. Why do you think AoA Wolverine had a missing hand eh?

Wolverine's healing factor has risen to new levels recently but he has always had the healing factor. And unlike you, I am not trying to make baseless claims like Captain America can grow entire limbs. I never said he could. I am saying that you are making up a definition for a term that has never been used in Marvel or even comics for that matter. Show me the proof of your claim.

#25 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik Look its not realy relevant what he used to not be able to do. He showed to be able to do now. Also you asked for a definition on what accelerated healing means and what i told you is true. You can look for the terms on the net. Perhaps Marvel are going to decide to expand on the term but curently i don't think they are. Steve was not showed to regenerate organs or grow limbs, perhaps that is why its classified diferently? Logan has complete regeneration of any body mass, even the brain. Also i don't even know if it was used or not in the comics (don't read to many of them, especialy Cap). You 2 used it and i addresed that term. He stated that term and then you validated it. So i asumed that it was what it was. If the term itself is wrong and it was not used in the comics that is entirely a diferent matter. Accelerated healing in no way means the regrow of human organs or limbs.

#26 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84:

Actually, it is pretty relevant. So I suppose this means you have no proof. Just what I thought. What other silly things are you going to make up next I wonder.

#27 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

And the list goes on and on. There is no proof that healing factor means "CAN GROA NU URGANZ!" while accelerated healing does not. Each character has its own limits to whatever healing ability they have. I have seen no comic reference to there being a specific difference between accelerated healing and a healing factor.

I'm curious. 

The definition of growing a limb would be to lose the entirety of that limb in the first place, then form a new one, a la Piccolo style? If so, does it count when Logan was hit by a nuke explosion (Uncanny X-Force, can't remember the issue, all I remember is Genocide blowing the bollocks out of him and nearly killing him) and had to grow his arm back? I mean, his skeleton was still intact, so I s'pose its not growing back per se.
#28 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Augment said:

I'm curious.

The definition of growing a limb would be to lose the entirety of that limb in the first place, then form a new one, a la Piccolo style? If so, does it count when Logan was hit by a nuke explosion (Uncanny X-Force, can't remember the issue, all I remember is Genocide blowing the bollocks out of him and nearly killing him) and had to grow his arm back? I mean, his skeleton was still intact, so I s'pose its not growing back per se.

Lol. I have no answer for you on that because I do not agree to the definition these two users are trying to state as fact in the first place.

#29 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik You are using a term from real life (if you wish) and apply it here but you include another factor to it that was not showed to be so from real life or the comics. Accelerated healing means to speed up your natural healing. You can NOT regrow organs or grow new limbs because the human body can't do that no matter how fast you can heal. Now if you use accelerated healing in contrast to a lizard it would be diferent, same for Logan that has a diferent DNA. Steve to the point he showes it his body does not have the ability to regrow organs and in contrast to his human like body accelerated healing does not mean the regrow of organs or limbs.

#30 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

The flaw in this argument is that these characters have not lost any body parts, so how could they have regrow them? It renders this list useless.

Accelerated healing and a Healing factor are not the same thing, that's why they are not called the same thing. Lower level healing factors are virtually identical to accelerated healing, but when you get to the higher tiers of the ability the difference really shows. Deadpool has a fantastic healing factor and regrows limbs all the time, Deathstroke's isn't nearly as good hence the missing eye. Either way, there is a difference.

#31 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra said:

@Erik said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

The flaw in this argument is that these characters have not lost any body parts, so how could they have regrow them? It renders this list useless.

Accelerated healing and a Healing factor are not the same thing, that's why they are not called the same thing. Lower level healing factors are virtually identical to accelerated healing, but when you get to the higher tiers of the ability the difference really shows. Deadpool has a fantastic healing factor and regrows limbs all the time, Deathstroke's isn't nearly as good hence the missing eye. Either way, there is a difference.

Where is your proof of this definition? Do you have one shred of factual evidence or just conjecture?

#32 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@FinnVarra said:

@Erik said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

Where is your proof of this definition? Do you have one shred of factual evidence or just conjecture?

What exactly do I need proof of? You're the one saying accelerated healing and a healing factor are the same thing, the burden of proof is on you. So the real question is Do YOU have any actual evidence or are we all suppose to treat it as the same thing because Erik says so? Accelerate healing is still bound by the limits of normal healing, a healing factor is not. They are different, thats why they have different names. If you want us all to believe they are the same, then prove it.

#33 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra said:

What exactly do I need proof of? You're the one saying accelerated healing and a healing factor are the same thing, the burden of proof is on you. So the real question is Do YOU have any actual evidence or are we all suppose to treat it as the same thing because Erik says so? Accelerate healing is still bound by the limits of normal healing, a healing factor is not. They are different, thats why they have different names. If you want us all to believe they are the same, then prove it.

Just what I thought, no proof. Accelerated healing and healing factor have never been stated or implied to be two separate things. Every character with a healing ability has their own limitations to said ability. You and your comrades foolishly believe that just because one character has a healing factor and also happens to be able to grow new limbs, organs, etc, all with healing factors must be able to. Rather convenient that we can only know who can grow new limbs and who cannot until such an event occurs. Or I should say it is rather convenient for those that have no proof to back up their fallacies.

You are trying to make a statement. This statement is that those with healing factors can all grow lost limbs, organs etc while those with "accelerated healing" cannot and the two are different abilities. I would like you to prove this statement or admit that you cannot and you are trying to pass off conjecture as fact.

#34 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@FinnVarra said:

Just what I thought, no proof. Accelerated healing and healing factor have never been stated or implied to be two separate things. Every character with a healing ability has their own limitations to said ability. You and your comrades foolishly believe that just because one character has a healing factor and also happens to be able to grow new limbs, organs, etc, all with healing factors must be able to. Rather convenient that we can only know who can grow new limbs and who cannot until such an event occurs. Or I should say it is rather convenient for those that have no proof to back up their fallacies.

You are trying to make a statement. This statement is that those with healing factors can all grow lost limbs, organs etc while those with "accelerated healing" cannot and the two are different abilities. I would like you to prove this statement or admit that you cannot and you are trying to pass off conjecture as fact.

First off, you're the one that needs the proof that accelerated healing is the same as a healing factor. You're the one making the claim that it's the same thing. YOU'RE claiming that 2 separate abilities are the same, so YOU must back it up with evidence. You are the only trying to pass of conjecture as fact. You say accelerated healing is the same as a healing factor, yet you have not provided ANY evidence to back up your claim. It's not up to us to disprove your claim, it's up to you to prove it. No one with accelerated healing has every regrown a limb or organ, that only happens with a powerful healing factor. Like I said, the burden of proof is on YOU.

As for the underlined part, I did not say that. If your going to argue at least read things properly.@FinnVarra said:

@Erik said:

• Ms. Marvel
  • Daken
  • Hercules
  • Juggernaut
  • Wonder Woman
  • Thor
  • Odin (dat eye)

#35 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Until you can provide evidence supporting your claim that accelerated healing and a healing factor are the same thing, don't bother replying. You accuse me of trying to pass off conjecture as fact when it's what you yourself are doing. Back up you're claim. Making a claim like that and saying we need to disprove it is just juvenile. We don't need to disprove it because you haven't proven anything. Accelerated healing is not and has never been the same thing as a healing factor powerful enough to regrow organs and limbs. It's obvious. Unless you can prove otherwise, we're done here.

#36 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra:

My proof that they are the same is that characters with healing factors and so-called accelerated healing both heal from wounds at an accelerated pace. There is no evidence that can be provided that healing factor means to be able to grow entirely new organs where accelerated healing cannot. None at all.

I find it hilarious that you can sit there and say, "AH M NOT GONNA LSTEN TO YA PEOPLE TALK CUZ YA GOT NO FAX DAT AXELERATED HEELIN DONE GROWED BACK A BODAY PART!" yet you will absolutely insist that everyone accept your baseless theory without a single shred of factual proof. There is absolutely no facts provided by Marvel, DC or any other publisher that accelerated healing and healing factors are different abilities. This is your own made up definition that you are trying to impose on everyone as fact because you think it makes you sound smart... or something.

#37 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Erik when you say that a healing factor and accelerated healing are the same its true but not more then a human and a female being the same thing. 1 is a more general term then the other but that first general term can contain the other. Now when answering the other guy that stated that accelerated healing is not the same with the ability to regrow organs especialy when the discussion was with Steve is defenetly wrong. You see Steve and Logan have a healing factor BUT Logan has a regeneration factor (that is healing and falls under a healing factor(general term)) but his ability is much better as he can the ability to recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs, limbs and survive even when cut in half(if we use the ultimate U feat, the legs with no hearth pumping blood would get damaged fast, tisue necrosis, nerves ending up dead and so on, he has he ability to sustain his body when diferent elements are not present). Accelerated healing as it would apply to a human or Steve does not encompases regeneration as it described it above. So in essence how you used the term is wrong. Steve does have a healing facor, he does have an accelerated healing factor but a healing factor is not the same thing with the ability to regrow organs when applied to Steve or a human. I don't think i can explain it better then this. Of course you are free to look at it as you whant. To each his own, perhaps we are arguing over semantics but...

#38 Posted by Erik (31602 posts) - - Show Bio

@xan84:

Back up your garbage with facts. Since you like to use Wolverine as your foundation, give me factual proof from Marvel stating this. Would be interesting to see that considering Wolverine has been stated to have accelerated healing and a healing factor.