Captain America (Film) vs Batman (Film)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard: Waiting for the Dark Knight Rises is the same as waiting for Cap going up against guys that give Thor, Hulk and Iron Man trouble in the upcoming avengers. 

I don't think his gadgets really matter. This Cap also carries guns and grenades so I don't think Batman's technology in this film is that advanced to counter all that. 

Captain America is much faster and stronger by far. We saw him holding a harley with 3 women on it. We saw him throw a guy about 10 to 15 feet in the air effortlessly. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By progenitorigin

Captain America and his mighty shield ftw.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Picard
@SlimJ87D: This Cap also carries guns and grenades so I don't think Batman's technology in this film is that advanced to counter all that. 

Guns from II world war period. I don't think that weapons from that period could hurt someone wearing newest nomax survival suit. 

Captain America is much faster and stronger by far. We saw him holding a harley with 3 women on it. We saw him throw a guy about 10 to 15 feet in the air effortlessly

Yes, I know. I saw the movie. Still... I don't know how raw strength would fair against modern day martial arts.  And don't forget how stealthy Batman could be. 

Cap going up against guys that give Thor, Hulk and Iron Man trouble in the upcoming avengers. 

They will be on the same team, so  they wouldn't fight each other. :)
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By GTG12

I say cap on this one He's just too strong. I think he wins rounds 1 and 3
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By cascadeking09

I saw Captain America yesterday, he definitely wins.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard said:

@SlimJ87D: This Cap also carries guns and grenades so I don't think Batman's technology in this film is that advanced to counter all that. 

Guns from II world war period. I don't think that weapons from that period could hurt someone wearing newest nomax survival suit. 

Captain America is much faster and stronger by far. We saw him holding a harley with 3 women on it. We saw him throw a guy about 10 to 15 feet in the air effortlessly

Yes, I know. I saw the movie. Still... I don't know how raw strength would fair against modern day martial arts.  And don't forget how stealthy Batman could be. 

Cap going up against guys that give Thor, Hulk and Iron Man trouble in the upcoming avengers. 

They will be on the same team, so  they wouldn't fight each other. :)

I'm sorry but I don't think you understood what I am saying. 

1. A gun hasn't changed much. Also they have Howard Stark who did something Batman hasn't even done. He is already started his repulsor like (maybe not exactly) technology to hover that car. I'm already sure Howard Stark's technology is above anything in Batman Begins and onward. Batman's suits also got bit by a dog and Morgan Freeman's character even told him that his new suit couldn't protect him too well from a knife thrust if memory serves me correct. 

2. Again, Bruce maybe the superior martial artist but Cap is far stronger and faster than Bruce. Steve was a decent fighter in his own right, and Bruce didn't show any complete domination in any of his fights like his comic book self. His comic book self on screen would be like a chinese movie protagonist dominating 15 to 20 guys. Reread through this thread and everyone has agreed and said the same.

3. I didn't say he was going to fight Thor, Hulk and Iron Man (don't misinterpret) but that he will be dealing with threats that even give them a bit trouble which by speculation will be superior to Bane. 

@cascadeking09 said: 
How did you like it? I really wish they did Bucky better but Joe Johnston said he wants to do a Winter Soldier movie. No complaints there :)
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By GTG12

I take back my original post batman only beats cap in the motorcyle department 

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By slimj87d
@GTG12 said:
 I take back my original post batman only beats cap in the motorcyle department 
I don't know, Steve still has that shield with him, and he can still potentially throw it on his motorcycle.

But Batman's motorcycle is pretty legit also. It can't really tumble on its side. I think it's really close. It's more of a battle of luck, who shoots their missiles and blows the other one up first. I'd say 6/10 Cap only because he can throw his shield and knock batman off.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RisingBean
@Picard  

So you're going with the guy who had problems fighting dogs, and whose utility belt showings consisted of batrangs, grapple gun and mini mines* (for offense anyway. Feel free to remind me if he had more.  *though these would only be used directly without morals) against the guy who had an unbreakable shield, higher stats and a pistol? Wow. Remind me not to take any betting advice in Vegas from you.  

Some flaws in your logic. You're calling a fight based on feats not yet shown. As it stands, odds are Bane won't be Captain America level anyhow. As SlimJ87D said, guns have not changed much. The 45. is basically the same as it was when it was built way back when. And while the rounds (and due to Cap being in the army, I assume he uses rounds approved by the Geneva convention, so he probably uses standard ball ammo.) may not cut through Batman's armor, the impact is likely to break ribs and hurt, should he be hit.  

While Cap may not have ninja training, he has a reasonable amount of training and experience. Batman's one and only hope is to use that ninja training and blindside Cap with an attack that puts him down. Give Cap any chance at retaliation and Batman's odds shrink drastically.  

In a head to head fight Cap 9/10.   One where Batman fights with morals and stealth, Cap 7/10. Give Batman some KO gas and that number flips. Sadly that isn't part of his standard equipment.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By cascadeking09
@SlimJ87D said:

@cascadeking09 said: 

How did you like it? I really wish they did Bucky better but Joe Johnston said he wants to do a Winter Soldier movie. No complaints there :)

I loved it. I was blown away by it.  The ending was really sad though. What do u mean by did Bucky better? Like not letting him die (ambiguously) or choosing a better actor for the role?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By slimj87d
@cascadeking09 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@cascadeking09 said: 

I loved it. I was blown away by it.  The ending was really sad though. What do u mean by did Bucky better? Like not letting him die (ambiguously) or choosing a better actor for the role?
Yeah, I meant his demise wasn't done right. They had a drone plane in the movie! They had tons of them lol. That's where it should have happened! It should have happened something like this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npcANA1WuI8&feature=youtu.be&t=3m30s 

If Bucky went out with those words then it would ahve made everyone tear I think. He could have kicked him back into the Red Skulls plane when he said that in the movie and BOOM!
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By entropy_aegis
@RisingBean:  
The dogs were BS,he destroyed ninjas and SWAT officials but struggled against dogs? FAIL.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By progenitorigin

I really hope Joe Johnston does do a Winter Soldier movie, that would be absolutely wicked, seeing Bucky training with a biomechanical arm and kicking around Russians.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By slimj87d
@entropy_aegis said:
@RisingBean:  The dogs were BS,he destroyed ninjas and SWAT officials but struggled against dogs? FAIL.
No, we are talking about the dogs being able to pierce his armor. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By slimj87d
@progenitor said:
I really hope Joe Johnston does do a Winter Soldier movie, that would be absolutely wicked, seeing Bucky training with a biomechanical arm and kicking around Russians.
Well I'm hoping they sneak in a younger black widow or scarlette in there. He trains her, he's a menace and very very evil but slowly starts getting his memory back as he spends time with her. Then suddenly he becomes bucky again and tries to escape and take Natasha with him but in the process he gets captured, they get separated and he gets reprogrammed. 

That's how I would write it :D
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By entropy_aegis
@SlimJ87D said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@RisingBean:  The dogs were BS,he destroyed ninjas and SWAT officials but struggled against dogs? FAIL.
I don't deny Cap beating Bats here,the trailer alone convinced me a while ago.Nolan's Batman is too limited,but having said that Bat's could win the motorcycle round and that dogs part was stupid if you ask me.You don't go from destroying ninjas to struggling against dogs.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By cascadeking09
@SlimJ87D said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@cascadeking09 said: 

Yeah, I meant his demise wasn't done right. They had a drone plane in the movie! They had tons of them lol. That's where it should have happened! It should have happened something like this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npcANA1WuI8&feature=youtu.be&t=3m30s 

If Bucky went out with those words then it would ahve made everyone tear I think. He could have kicked him back into the Red Skulls plane when he said that in the movie and BOOM!
O, ok. I get what you mean now.
CraftyArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By CraftyArrow
@SlimJ87D: When I saw that he didn't die like that I was so disappointed.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By slimj87d
@entropy_aegis said:
@SlimJ87D said:
@entropy_aegis said:
I don't deny Cap beating Bats here,the trailer alone convinced me a while ago.Nolan's Batman is too limited,but having said that Bat's could win the motorcycle round and that dogs part was stupid if you ask me.You don't go from destroying ninjas to struggling against dogs.
You never know, Batman at that time probably didn't want to hurt them, but later kills one to stop the joker. 

Also, it's not like Batman trained to fight animals, he trained to fight humans. I think defending against predator like animals is actually much harder to defend froma  punch because first you don't know the animals intentions and second we know how a human moves because we are human. But we don't understand how animals move when they attack and they have the key element of surprise. Getting bit by a dog is really hard to counter.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By progenitorigin
@SlimJ87D said:
@progenitor said:
Well I'm hoping they sneak in a younger black widow or scarlette in there. He trains her, he's a menace and very very evil but slowly starts getting his memory back as he spends time with her. Then suddenly he becomes bucky again and tries to escape and take Natasha with him but in the process he gets captured, they get separated and he gets reprogrammed.  That's how I would write it :D

Lol, if that's how it was written, I would pay to see it.  Personally, I would add in some touches to allow a Wolverine cameo as well as a Cap cameo, and i'd add in little twists and such, but overall, that formula would be perfect for a Winter Soldier movie.  Sebastion and Scarlett could carry that movie.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By slimj87d
@CraftyArrow said:
@SlimJ87D: When I saw that he didn't die like that I was so disappointed.
Yeah man, that scene from the video I posted in the Avengers Earth's mightiest heroes made me see such a strong connection between Steve and Bucky in that scene alone than the whole Captain America movie ever did. 

Bucky: Sorry Cap.. 
Cap: It's okay Bucky we'll get you out- 
Bucky: No, I meant sorry... the world needs Captain America more than they need a Bucky 
*Kick* 

That was so emotional man... But check out episode 24 I believe. Bucky will be coming back as the Winter Soldier in Season 2!
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Picard
@SlimJ87D: A gun hasn't changed much. Also they have Howard Stark who did something Batman hasn't even done. He is already started his repulsor like (maybe not exactly) technology to hover that car. I'm already sure Howard Stark's technology is above anything in Batman Begins and onward. Batman's suits also got bit by a dog and Morgan Freeman's character even told him that his new suit couldn't protect him too well from a knife thrust if memory serves me correct. 

No, guns changed a lot since second world war. Thats why military use modern day guns, not antiquities from II world war. :) Stark designed Cap's shield, possibly he designed Cap's motorbike but what evidence do you have that Stark designed Stave's gun? It look like, and fire like normal gun from the from the period. Cap don't have knives, and don't have dogs so what you seeing is irrelevant.  Can ypu prove that Stave's bullets can penetrate nomex survival suit?

Again, Bruce maybe the superior martial artist but Cap is far stronger and faster than Bruce. Steve was a decent fighter in his own right, and Bruce didn't show any complete domination in any of his fights like his comic book self. His comic book self on screen would be like a chinese movie protagonist dominating 15 to 20 guys. Reread through this thread and everyone has agreed and said the same.

Wow, did you saw Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight? Bruce take down six guys at once, and this was even before his trening with league of shadows... How many gangsters at once he take down in Gotham docks? How many fully  trained, armed and armored SWAT officers he take down, while protecting hostages and fighting with Jokers goons? Bruce is far superior h2h figheter. Yes, Cap is far stronger, but is he really faster in combat? Look how fast he take down all this gangsters and show me similar feat for movie Cap: 

I didn't say he was going to fight Thor, Hulk and Iron Man (don't misinterpret) but that he will be dealing with threats that even give them a bit trouble which by speculation will be superior to Bane. 

When we see Avangers, we can say what role Cap have in the team, until then this is pure speculation. And I was only talking about Bane in  the context of his superstrenght. Nolan's Batman never fought with someone so strong before, so honestly I don't know how he would fair against people like Bane or movie Steve Rogers. Thats why I think we should wait for The Dark Knight Rises and see is Batman able to fight 
far strong opponents? 

@RisingBean: So you're going with the guy who had problems fighting dogs

Well can you show me how Cap is dealing with three Rottweilers at once? If not, then what you seeing is irrelevant.  

While Cap may not have ninja training, he has a reasonable amount of training and experience. Batman's one and only hope is to use that ninja training and blindside Cap with an attack that puts him down

Well, Cap receive standard military trening, typical for II war world period. And Bruce know more than just Ninjutsu, he was well familiarized with varius fighting styles even before he starts his trening with League:  Tiger Crane... Ju Jitsu...

As it stands, odds are Bane won't be Captain America level anyhow

Did you already saw The Dark Knight Rises? Lucky guy... ;)
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard: Okay.. I just read the first thing you wrote. 

The Navy Seals still use revolvers because if they get wet they are easier to clean and are ready to use. 
The Colt 1911 has not changed much. We don't call it a Colt 2011 for that sake.  
Muzzle velocities of bullets haven't changed that much. Accuracy from barrel's tolerances maybe have improved in mass production.
 A gun from any age is still going to kill you if you are shot by it. I think you miss that point. 

I really don't want to bother with the rest.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jojjimbo

Captain America.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Picard
@SlimJ87D: he Navy Seals still use revolvers because if they get wet they are easier to clean and are ready to use. 
The Colt 1911 has not changed much. We don't call it a Colt 2011 for that sake.  

OK, but guns and revolvers are not this same. Cap uses a gun. Besides show me when any kind of firearm was effective against nomax survival suit? But, I just remembered scene from Cap's movie when he fought against Red Scull for the first time, and herr Schmidt dent Cap's metal shield with single punch. In other scene, when Cap gets captured and dragged before Red Scull, Schmidt punch Cap, and Steve say, that he can keep this up all day. If Cap possess endurance and durability to withstand punches that can dent steel... well, then Batman simply can't hurt Cap in physical combat.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By cascadeking09

Gangsters and swat do not at all compare to super soldiers. His superior strength and speed and other things more than make up for his h2h skills which are nothing to laugh at either. Martial Arts training does not prepare you for advanced super soldiers with military training.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By slimj87d
@cascadeking09: LMAO, but remember the scans you have of weak Steve fighting those military guys juiced on SSS? Haha.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cascadeking09
@Picard: His cape is made of nomex, nomex is flame resistent not bullet proof. His body armor is made of kevlar, which is bullet proof but he still feels the impact. We saw this in TDK when he got shot by Harvey it put him down momentarily. That's plenty long enough for Cap to hit him over the head with his vibranium sheild. And only his torso is made of kevlar not the entire suit, so he can be shot in the head or in the leg.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By cascadeking09
@SlimJ87D said:
@cascadeking09: LMAO, but remember the scans you have of weak Steve fighting those military guys juiced on SSS? Haha.
Lol, that's comic stuff though and Steve had experience dealing with those super soldiers who underestimated him and lacked experience with those powers.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Picard
@cascadeking09: Gangsters and swat do not at all compare to super soldiers

Right, but I just wrote this as an answer to this: His comic book self on screen would be like a chinese movie protagonist dominating 15 to 20 guys. 
Nolan's Batman is fully capable of taking on 15-20 guys at once, we saw this in both BB and TDK, we saw him beating up six guys at once even before he took his trening. But I agree with you than straight-up fight Cap would probably win because Batman can't physically hurt Rogers. Red Scull dent Cap's metal shield with single punch, yet he is unable to KO Cap, so...
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard said:

Right, but I just wrote this as an answer to this: His comic book self on screen would be like a chinese movie protagonist dominating 15 to 20 guys.  Nolan's Batman is fully capable of taking on 15-20 guys at once, we saw this in both BB and TDK, we saw him beating up six guys at once even before he took his trening. But I agree with you than straight-up fight Cap would probably win because Batman can't physically hurt Rogers. Red Scull dent Cap's metal shield with single punch, yet he is unable to KO Cap, so...
Um heads up I never saw him do that. He has had to use gadgets or stealth. 

Movie Captain AMerica had almost all 1 hit KOes.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By EpitomeofCool

dark knight was the better film...captain america was ok...slightly boring and the captain america musical scenes were to long/cheezy..like the spiderman 3 emo pete dance scene...

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By cascadeking09
@Picard said:

Right, but I just wrote this as an answer to this: His comic book self on screen would be like a chinese movie protagonist dominating 15 to 20 guys.  Nolan's Batman is fully capable of taking on 15-20 guys at once, we saw this in both BB and TDK, we saw him beating up six guys at once even before he took his trening. But I agree with you than straight-up fight Cap would probably win because Batman can't physically hurt Rogers. Red Scull dent Cap's metal shield with single punch, yet he is unable to KO Cap, so...
Alright then.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Picard
@SlimJ87D: Um heads up I never saw him do that. He has had to use gadgets or stealth. 

Did you saw scene in the docks? He landed in the midst of gangsters and he KO all of them with ease. But Cap wins because of his endurence and durability.

Movie Captain AMerica had almost all 1 hit KOes

Right because movie Batman naver did this same?

@EpitomeofCool said:

dark knight was the better film...captain america was ok...slightly boring and the captain america musical scenes were to long/cheezy..like the spiderman 3 emo pete dance scene...

TDK was far better movie. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard: You're not getting the point again. Move Batman had to use stealth and gadgets. Some of his enemies he did have to hit multiple times. 

Movie Cap smacked and swatted his enemies around like flies and tossed them like rocks.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RisingBean

@SlimJ87D:  Those one hit KO's you speak of? I'm guessing alot of those are one hit kills. Cap didn't seem to hold back and while the movie (rated PG) wouldn't focus on that aspect, you can assume headshots with an unbreakable metal shield wielded by a man as strong as Captain America killed those bad guys. The ones who survived all likely had broken ribs, and limbs and such.  

@Picard:   
While Cap didn't fight dogs the point is probably wouldn't have had as much trouble as Batman did because 1. Nolan Batman is set at a much more realistic level, and 2. Superhuman stats 

Batman does have more in the way of fighting styles known. Cap's fallback is that any of his hits is a fight ender. Imagine if in the Avengers Cap fights Hulk. That is sorta the case here. the stats are so far apart, Batman is at a disadvantage. One that the odds say he does not overcome.  

As per Bane. I'm speculating based on the Nolan verse thus far that Bane is not going to be superpowered. If he is on the Venom, he won't be Cap level. If he is, I'll eat my comments. But I wouldn't count on it.  

And for Entropy_Aegis Slim explains it up a few posts, but animals can be hard to fight off. Dogs like Pit Bulls and Rotts kill or maim people quite often.  In the realistic world Nolan created having trained attack animals is a viable threat.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Picard
@cascadeking09 said:

@Picard: His cape is made of nomex, nomex is flame resistent not bullet proof. His body armor is made of kevlar, which is bullet proof but he still feels the impact. We saw this in TDK when he got shot by Harvey it put him down momentarily. That's plenty long enough for Cap to hit him over the head with his vibranium sheild. And only his torso is made of kevlar not the entire suit, so he can be shot in the head or in the leg.

Well, I only quote the movie: "Nomax survival suit for advanced infantry". And this suite is quite impressive: it helped Bruce to survive being set on fire and survive a fall from great heights. So it is safe to say that this suite will provide protection from majority of Captain blows to the body.

@SlimJ87D said:

@Picard: You're not getting the point again. Move Batman had to use stealth and gadgets. Some of his enemies he did have to hit multiple times.  Movie Cap smacked and swatted his enemies around like flies and tossed them like rocks.

No, not always. He didn't  use stealth when he fought Joker's goons in the penthouse, when he fought SWAT officers or when he fought ninjas in Batman Begins finale. There was also few instances when he KO enemy with one hit - for example he did this with Ducard/Ras Al Gul in scene of burning league of shadows hideout . Besides is this so bad that movie Batman use stealth and gagates, that he can strategize? This work to his advantage. Yes, Batman never fought before with superhuman like Cap, but Cap never fought before with someone so stealthy, well equipped and sneaky like Batman. This is why I think it is an interesting match: this is skills vs. raw strength, who would win? Sure, Cap will win in a boxing mach, but  fight in the street, with standard equipment? Not so sure about that. On top of that, Cap is surly stronger, but Bruce is not a pushover either: he can lift an adult man with one arm.  Also, if you are convinced who whou would win, why you even bother with this treat?

@RisingBean said:

@SlimJ87D:  Those one hit KO's you speak of? I'm guessing alot of those are one hit kills. Cap didn't seem to hold back and while the movie (rated PG) wouldn't focus on that aspect, you can assume headshots with an unbreakable metal shield wielded by a man as strong as Captain America killed those bad guys. The ones who survived all likely had broken ribs, and limbs and such.  

@Picard:   
While Cap didn't fight dogs the point is probably wouldn't have had as much trouble as Batman did because 1. Nolan Batman is set at a much more realistic level, and 2. Superhuman stats 

Batman does have more in the way of fighting styles known. Cap's fallback is that any of his hits is a fight ender. Imagine if in the Avengers Cap fights Hulk. That is sorta the case here. the stats are so far apart, Batman is at a disadvantage. One that the odds say he does not overcome.  

As per Bane. I'm speculating based on the Nolan verse thus far that Bane is not going to be superpowered. If he is on the Venom, he won't be Cap level. If he is, I'll eat my comments. But I wouldn't count on it.  

And for Entropy_Aegis Slim explains it up a few posts, but animals can be hard to fight off. Dogs like Pit Bulls and Rotts kill or maim people quite often.  In the realistic world Nolan created having trained attack animals is a viable threat.

Dogs... well, we never saw Cap fighting off three Rottweilers at once, so what you are seeing is pure speculation. Also if you think that attack dog is harmless, then you should enrage one, and then you see how fast you can run, knowing that pised off Rottweilers is right behind you, ready to bite off your buttocks... ;) 

Every hit is fight ender? Well, nomax survival suit allows Bruce survive fall from a skyscraper, so his boody is well protected. Of course if Cap hit him over the head with vibranium shield, then it is game over for Mr. Wayn, but I don't know why every one supposed that Batman will fight fair? He was trained by ninjas, and ninja are sneaky little bastard. Stealth... cunning... gagates, all this can work in Batman favor. 

Nolan verse... well we have microwave emitter that can vaporize the entire water supply in the city, or sonar phones. Pure science fiction. So it is so hard to imagine that venom will greatly increase Bane strength, making him partly superhuman?
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By RisingBean
@Picard: I don't think attack dogs are harmless. Note my comment for Aegis above. Rott's and other dogs kill or maim people quite often.  

Yes, I believe everybody except for Red Skull and possibly the big armored guy on the train (need to rewatch that fight. ) were one hit deals. Most of the time people got hit and were sent flying back. As per the suit allowing Batman to survive a fall from a skyscraper, I believe Rachel fell as well and she wasn't wearing her Nomex survival suit. She survived. The cab they landed on had more give then concrete and combined with Batman's glider cape slowing the fall to manageable levels is what allowed the duo to survive.  I'm glad we agree that a shield impact is a game ender. Watch the fight with Joker and his goons at the party again. Batman lacked the element of surprise and he had a bit of trouble with them. I think we can agree without the element of surprise Cap can get a hit in.  

I am totally on board with you concerning Batman's stealth and cunning. That is what he needs to win this fight. The problem is that even if he blindsides Cap, can he do enough damage to put him down without Cap being able to retaliate. Over the Batman movies I recall seeing lil' batarangs, used to disable lights, some surveillance equipment and his grapple gun. He had the goo bombs and the mines he blew out a wall with as well. That is all he used to my recall. Most of that either won't cut it or probably falls outside of Batman's morals. If Batman had access to gases or was bloodlusted and willing to kill, his probability to win goes up.  

As per the sonar phones, and microwave emitters, sure Nolan introduces some elements that fall outside the realm of total realism. We can still agree that Nolan's Batman is probably the closest to a real superhero you can find in cinema. With that said, I don't see Bane being amped to a point where Batman can't have a fight with the guy. Will Bane have some enhancement? That wouldn't surprise me. Will he be doing feats like Cap did? I doubt it. Like I said, if I am wrong, reopen this in a year, call me out and I will admit my mistake.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By slimj87d
@Picard: Batman doesn't have what it takes to win. You're arguments have been addressed in this topic so many times and a very small majority (I think it might only be you not sure) believe Batman can win. 

Cap takes it. End of argument. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By cascadeking09
@Picard said:
@cascadeking09 said:

Well, I only quote the movie: "Nomax survival suit for advanced infantry". And this suite is quite impressive: it helped Bruce to survive being set on fire and survive a fall from great heights. So it is safe to say that this suite will provide protection from majority of Captain blows to the body.
I'm sorry but a suit that's flame resistant and bullet proof won't protect his entire body from being injured by punches and kicks from someone with enhanced strength I'm sure his sheild is much tougher than the graphite around his head. It won't be enough.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By slimj87d

I added a round 4 to make it a bit more fair. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By difficlus
@SlimJ87D said:
I added a round 4 to make it a bit more fair. 

Cap still wins that IMO. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By cascadeking09

Round 4 Bruce can win if he sticks to the shadows and uses sonar vision to keep an eye out for those attacks like the shield rebounding.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By RisingBean

Seeing as how I have only spoken in general on this matchup, I'll finally get to it round by round.  

Round 1 is up in the air. Both had good vehicles and gadgets. Batman has more up to date tech and if he trained with it offscene likely has more training then Cap likely got with his bike. Advantage for Batman.  

Round 2 is a stomp for Cap.  

Round 3 is more fair for Batman, though I give Cap advantage. Heavy advantage.  

Round 4 is dependant on if Batman can kill the lights totally. If he can he has Cap blind. That doesn't promise a victory, but it greatly amplifies the chances. The clinch is can Bruce send a Bat-shuriken-arang 200 feet to cut the power (accurate at that distance? Able to generate enough force to throw switch or kill power to it?) before Cap can rush him. Personally I'd say no. So this probably turns back into Round 3.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Picard
@cascadeking09 said:
@Picard said:
@cascadeking09 said: I'm sorry but a suit that's flame resistant and bullet proof won't protect his entire body from being injured by punches and kicks from someone with enhanced strength I'm sure his sheild is much tougher than the graphite around his head. It won't be enough.
Just to clarify it - his suite give him good protection from blunt force trauma. He survied two jumps from great heights, without broken bones or any, serious injuries. He also was  slammed against the concrete pillar, by speeding van and he was fine.  So, yes batsuite will protect him pretty well from Cap's punches and kicks - look: 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@SlimJ87D said:
@Picard: Batman doesn't have what it takes to win. You're arguments have been addressed in this topic so many times and a very small majority (I think it might only be you not sure) believe Batman can win.  Cap takes it. End of argument. 

So, why you even bother to make this treat, if you allready know who would win? And why you insist that Batman would fight fair? What use of stealth and gadgets?
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Cap for 1, 2 and 3. Bats for 4.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147  Edited By Superskrull86
@SlimJ87D said:
Just watched the Captain America film. It was freaking awesome. I can't explain how good it is. I urge everyone to stay after the credits!

Although he shows great H2H skills it is never shown who trained him or how he knows how to fight...       

Outside Gordon's Home - The Dark Knight (2008)
Outside Gordon's Home - The Dark Knight (2008)

Bruce was shown to be trained in H2H. It's experience vs super soldier.   

Round 1: On their motorcycles in an empty New York. Cap has his Shield mounted to Motorcycle. 

Round 2: H2H in boxing shorts 

Round 3: With standard gear in movies. 

EDIT: Adding round 4 

Round 4: Dark warehouse with dim . There is a light switch that will kill all the lights but it is about 200 feet away from their location. They 50 feet away. Batman knows Steve is a SSS. Steve doesn't know Batman's technology but doesn't know the way Batman fights.

I saw the movie last week, it was pretty good. I wouldn't urge you to stay after the credits, It's nothing exciting, to me at least.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By cascadeking09
@Picard said:
@cascadeking09 said:
@Picard said:
@cascadeking09 said: I'm sorry but a suit that's flame resistant and bullet proof won't protect his entire body from being injured by punches and kicks from someone with enhanced strength I'm sure his sheild is much tougher than the graphite around his head. It won't be enough.
Just to clarify it - his suite give him good protection from blunt force trauma. He survied two jumps from great heights, without broken bones or any, serious injuries. He also was  slammed against the concrete pillar, by speeding van and he was fine.  So, yes batsuite will protect him pretty well from Cap's punches and kicks - look: 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His cape slows his fall also so that isn't 100% of the armor's durability protecting him. And the head his made of graphite that was shown cracking when Alfred hit it with a crowbar I don't think he would be able to take a direct hit to the head from his shield.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They went out of their way in that scene to explain there was a fault with that shipment. 

The next shipment was supposed to be better. 

Just picking nits, there i guess. I don;t see how bale-man can beat cap in fisticuffs. stats are too lopsided.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Picard
@cascadeking09: His cape slows his fall also so that isn't 100% of the armor's durability protecting him. And the head his made of graphite that was shown cracking when Alfred hit it with a crowbar I don't think he would be able to take a direct hit to the head from his shield. 

I don't think that this is the case - I didn't saw him spreading his cape when he jumped, also force of impact was still powerful enough to crush car rooftop. Also in BB, Bruce was set on fire and jumped from window, so for sure his cape didn't save him. In TDK he falled from considerable height after he saved Grodon's son, and of course he saved Rachel when this happened - sure cape could somewhat slow his descent, but still... he survived jump from skyscraper with adult woman, in his arms:  
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Yes, I already agree that one shoot in the head will be a fight ender, but knowing that Bat's is a better fighet he can dodge and avoid being hit over the head.