#1 Edited by SlimJ87D (9258 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the Captain America film. It was freaking awesome. I can't explain how good it is. I urge everyone to stay after the credits!

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.Although he shows great H2H skills it is never shown who trained him or how he knows how to fight...

Outside Gordon's Home - The Dark Knight (2008)

Bruce was shown to be trained in H2H. It's experience vs super soldier.

Round 1: On their motorcycles in an empty New York. Cap has his Shield mounted to Motorcycle.

Round 2: H2H in boxing shorts

Round 3: With standard gear in movies.

EDIT: Adding round 4

Round 4: Dark warehouse with dim lighting. There is a light switch that will kill all the lights but it is about 200 feet away from their location. They start 50 feet away. Batman knows Steve is a SSS. Steve doesn't know Batman's technology but doesn't know the way Batman fights.

Round 5: Do rounds 1-4 with any current versions

#2 Posted by AFuzzyMuffin (147 posts) - - Show Bio

How did you watch the film when it comes out on the 22nd? 
#3 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio
@AFuzzyMuffin
Alot of answers actually.  

As for the thread, Cap easily. I've seen him do stuff that completely outclasses bats. He's easily stronger and faster. As for skill, I haven't seen anything that impressive from Bale Batman. He's pretty slow and kept grounded to reality whereas Cap is leaning towards his comicbook version self.
#4 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@AFuzzyMuffin said:

maybe he meant this guy? Nyehehehehe! Kidding of course.
#5 Posted by AFuzzyMuffin (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@AFuzzyMuffin said:

maybe he meant this guy? Nyehehehehe! Kidding of course.

Lol
#6 Posted by SlimJ87D (9258 posts) - - Show Bio
@AFuzzyMuffin said:
Red Carpet Premier at the El Capitan last night :D.  
#7 Posted by RisingBean (3548 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:  you do realize that most of us have to wait to the movie comes out normally to see it, right?   Common sense, man. 
#8 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. While the fighting from either of the characters in the movies is as impressive as they are in comics. Cap is shown knocking people around and sending them flying backwards. Physically he's superior than anything we see from movie Bats.

#9 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers

I don't know about this one Andy... In my opinion... this could trun out a draw. Both of them are trained fighters. Cap from a military standpoint, Batman by the League of Shadows. Cap might have a strength and endurance advantage, Bats an edge in gadgetry. Could really go either way.
#10 Posted by Labyrinth (162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers said:
Cap is shown knocking people around and sending them flying backwards. Physically he's superior than anything we see from movie Bats.

I agree.
#11 Edited by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:

Just watched the Captain America film. It was freaking awesome. I can't explain how good it is. I urge everyone to stay after the credits!

Could've sworn that it didn't come out til tomorrow. U watched a bootleg copy?

Anyways I'll go with CA on this one, he's way stronger and has that indestructible sheild to protect him. Batman is limited in what he can do because he's not as strong as his comicbook version.
#12 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
Could've sworn that it didn't come out til tomorrow. U watched a bootleg copy?
@SlimJ87D said:
@AFuzzyMuffin said:
Red Carpet Premier at the El Capitan last night :D.  
#13 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers: I see.
#14 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

its out here in Jamaica since yesterday... 
@SlimJ87D
How strong was cap? able to lift 3 tons like ultimates? How fast? 
Watching it on tuesday with my brother. 
Also that picture of batman in gordon's house makes him look very ridiculous. 

#15 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to see Captain America tomorrow, but from I've seen in the trailers I'd say that film Cap could beat Nolan's Batman. 

#16 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said before, in terms of brute strength, Cap could probably do it. I don't think he was able to lift that much, but he IS a superior human specimen, thanks to the Super Soldier formula. But in terms of cunning and gadgerty, I think the bat could turn things around to his advantage. I still say that it's a draw, but all it'd take is one slip-up.
#17 Edited by SlimJ87D (9258 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

@SlimJ87D: How strong was cap? able to lift 3 tons like ultimates? How fast? Watching it on tuesday with my brother. Also that picture of batman in gordon's house makes him look very ridiculous. 

He is an Olympic Athelete in any catagory (Agility, sprint, swim, etc...) + %25. 

So he is 1.25X the peak of man. So I guess he is technically %25 more stronger than comic book Cap if we put it that way.  This is taken from an interview from Joe Johnston.  

@ChrisAngel

said: 

Like I said before, in terms of brute strength, Cap could probably do it. I don't think he was able to lift that much, but he IS a superior human specimen, thanks to the Super Soldier formula. But in terms of cunning and gadgerty, I think the bat could turn things around to his advantage. I still say that it's a draw, but all it'd take is one slip-up.

This Cap is not afraid to use his handgun and he uses it regularly throughout the movie along with the shield. So he could shoot bats if he wants, and he has the actual skill to do it IMO. 

@RisingBean said: 

@SlimJ87D:  you do realize that most of us have to wait to the movie comes out normally to see it, right?   Common sense, man. 

Oh yeah? I really don't care. 
#18 Edited by Erik (31473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh you can bet I will be making a post for one of these characters once I see Captain America tomorrow. Based on the trailer, it looks like Rogers' has the clear physical advantage but it does not highlight his fighting ability in the trailers...

#19 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Won't spoil anything for you. But even before this week we've gotten to see him take on at least half a dozen Hydra Agents armed with flamethrowers, electro-staff like weapons, and other things. There's not really much technical stuff as far as skill goes. But we don't really see that much from movie Bats either.
#20 Posted by Erik (31473 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers
Sounds awesome.
#21 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Looking forward to seeing your analysis after you've seen the film.
#22 Posted by Erik (31473 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: Looking forward to seeing your analysis after you've seen the film.
One of the trailers shows him punching through a submarine window with his bare fist.... While under water. If that scene is in the film, I might just have a complete fanboy moment. The strength that would be needed for that is incredible by human standards.
#23 Posted by HDGuy (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the Super-Soldier formula give Cap infinite endurance? Besides the augmented strength, for that reason alone Cap would probably win.

#24 Edited by SlimJ87D (9258 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:  
@Andy Steven Summers:  
@HDGuy:  

This is taken from an interview with Joe Johnston and a website does an analysis of Captain America also. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=41831 

" How Super is Captain America Really? Director Joe Johnston has said that  Captain   is “the best Olympic athlete plus 25%”. I was curious to find out what that actually meant so I found some  data online and did the math. Do the numbers match what has happened in the trailers? 

Discus (5lbs): 243 feet 
25% greater: 303 feet 9 inches 

Mile run: 3 minutes 43 seconds
25% greater: 2 minutes 47 sec 

High Jump: 8 feet 
25% greater: 10 feet 

1500 m (4921 ft): 14 min 34 sec 
25% greater: 10 min 55 sec 

Underwater swimming: 351 feet 
25% greater: 438 feet 8 inches 

Free diving: 406 feet 10 inches 
25% greater: 508 feet 6 inches 

Snatch (dead lift to above head): 466.4 lbs 
25% greater: 583 lbs 

Bench Press: 1075 lbs 
25% greater: 1343.75 lbs 

Human punch (Rampage Jackson): 1800 PSI 
25% greater: 2250 PSI 

Long Jump: 29 feet 3 inches 
25% greater: 36 feet 6 inches" 

And surprisingly enough this is very close to what I saw in the movie and to comic book Cap. Since we have seen Comic book Cap bench press about 1400 to 1500 lbs. I would say he is about equal to comic book Cap in stats. 

I can't wait to watch the movie a second time!
#25 Posted by RisingBean (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Best Marvel flick yet. I think Cap takes it based on how movie Batman fights. He doesn't focus on his gadgets enough. If he went in trying to outfight Cap it ends with him getting KO'ed in about two seconds. If Batman made Cap fight his way, based on the equipment he has used, and his skills in stealth and misdirection he could win.
#26 Edited by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:

@difficlus said:

@SlimJ87D: How strong was cap? able to lift 3 tons like ultimates? How fast? Watching it on tuesday with my brother. Also that picture of batman in gordon's house makes him look very ridiculous. 

He is an Olympic Athelete in any catagory (Agility, sprint, swim, etc...) + %25. 

So he is 1.25X the peak of man. So I guess he is technically %25 more stronger than comic book Cap if we put it that way.  This is taken from an interview from Joe Johnston.  

Well that sucks! No 500 kg strength and speed of 60 miles an hour? 
Why didn't they just get an boy who they trained from birth to be a solider like Master Chief or something if all they get from 1 serum is olympic everything. or does Johnston mean the best an athlete could achieve in all categories? 
EDIT: Just saw your new post, 1350 bench press is very impressive (though those guys wear special tech to assist) since the comic cap can bench 1100 pounds. 600 pounds dead-lift isn't what i hoped for though... 
btw for freediving the record is 265 meters or 870 feet. So cap is about 1000 feet. 
#27 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (506 posts) - - Show Bio

this goes to cap.  he was straight destroying people in the movie.

#28 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShiZZmAhh said:
this goes to cap.  he was straight destroying people in the movie.
Yeah, just saw it earlier this evening.  
Cap takes this, to strong. Was throwing people around like ragdolls. That and his sheild would deflect any gadgets that this Batman has used. 
#29 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the set up of Cap here, he is basically what an athlete in every event is if they train they entire life (from birth) to be the best in the department chosen. Plus he doesn't sacrifice anything in the process so he is the best in all departments. 25% because he doesn't fatigue and has a heightened metabolism. 

#30 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain America. While the fighting from either of the characters in the movies is as impressive as they are in comics. Cap is shown knocking people around and sending them flying backwards. Physically he's superior than anything we see from movie Bats.

Agreed.
#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37180 posts) - - Show Bio

Cappy Cap.

#32 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping to see this movie soon.

#33 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
@erik:  
@Andy Steven Summers:  
@HDGuy:  

T Human punch (Rampage Jackson): 1800 PSI 25% greater: 2250 PSI
Rampage is an animal.
#34 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
I'm hoping to see this movie soon.
It's great. 
Although, I got the very bottom seats cause the theater was full. 
#35 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty: That sucks. I know I hate being too close to the screen because it makes it hard to see.
#36 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
@OmegaDynasty: That sucks. I know I hate being too close to the screen because it makes it hard to see.
Why would any one even make seats so close? Sheez. lol 
#37 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty: I know. That's exactly what happened to me when I went to see the first x-men movie.
#38 Posted by war of light_2814 (801 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:
@erik:  
@Andy Steven Summers:  
@HDGuy:  

This is taken from an interview with Joe Johnston and a website does an analysis of Captain America also. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=41831 

" How Super is Captain America Really? Director Joe Johnston has said that  Captain   is “the best Olympic athlete plus 25%”. I was curious to find out what that actually meant so I found some  data online and did the math. Do the numbers match what has happened in the trailers? Discus (5lbs): 243 feet 25% greater: 303 feet 9 inches Mile run: 3 minutes 43 seconds 25% greater: 2 minutes 47 sec High Jump: 8 feet 25% greater: 10 feet 1500 m (4921 ft): 14 min 34 sec 25% greater: 10 min 55 sec Underwater swimming: 351 feet 25% greater: 438 feet 8 inches Free diving: 406 feet 10 inches 25% greater: 508 feet 6 inches Snatch (dead lift to above head): 466.4 lbs 25% greater: 583 lbs Bench Press: 1075 lbs 25% greater: 1343.75 lbs Human punch (Rampage Jackson): 1800 PSI 25% greater: 2250 PSI Long Jump: 29 feet 3 inches 25% greater: 36 feet 6 inches"  And surprisingly enough this is very close to what I saw in the movie and to comic book Cap. Since we have seen Comic book Cap bench press about 1400 to 1500 lbs. I would say he is about equal to comic book Cap in stats.  I can't wait to watch the movie a second time!
nice job as usaul :)but I have a question :How do you calculate The time he use to run?x The olympic record(time) with 0.75? i don't thinks that's The right method.If  v(cap)=running speed of cap. and v(athelete)=running speed of the best olympic runner  then v(cap)=1.25v(athelete) as he's 25% better so the equation would be
 t(cap)/t(athelete)={s/v(cap)}/{s/v(athelete)}={s/1.25v(athelete)} /{s/v(athelete)}=1/1.25= 0.8.so I thinks the constant You need to use it 0.8 not 0.75 which would make Cap 33.33% better than the olympic athelete. 
Note:v=s/t so t=s/v.
#39 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: I'll give this to Cap's bike. It has a number of goodies mounted in it.

Round 2: Movie cap easily, as for reasons already stated.

Round 3: Movie Cap for reasons already stated.

#40 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap easily.
#41 Edited by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America ftw. They made his stamina & strength frickin' sick, and I believe his reaction time was much faster than what they show for Batman.  H2H, they would probably be equal, just as they're basically equal in the comics (IMHO), but Captain America has much greater strength, he could easily toss Batman around like a ragdoll, if given the chance.  In the films, Captain America showed limitless stamina during his fight against HYDRA and the stunts he pulled, so in that sense, I think he could outlast Batman.
#42 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Cap rides a Harley. A HARLEY, with gadgets. Round one goes to Cap. 

Round2: Cap is stronger faster more durable and waaaaaayyyyyy more endurance. Round 2 goes to Cap. 

Round 3: Bats has alot of gadgets but really didn't seem to use them in the movies all that much. Meanwhile Cap used his shield pretty much to perfection in the movie not overly dependant on throwing it or keeping it. Round 3 goes to Cap 

Cap wins them all
#43 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap. Because he's cooler and his movie is better . Also batman doesn't seem as fast or agile as his comic counterpart is made out to be.

#44 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why who trained them or if we saw them being trained is important at all. It's not about who trained them it's about how they actually fight and there doesn't seem to be an edge for either of them since they don't come off as very skilled fighters. They both appear to be better than your average goon, but that's not saying much. Cap takes this on physicality without question.

#45 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: I agree that Cap wins, but the people Bruce fought in Batman Begins were also trained fighters, not just average goons.
#46 Posted by Jezer (3016 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that Batman isn't a skilled fighter; he's just a practical one. 
The fact that he got trained is pretty important. Sure, he wasn't shown doing flips and roundhouse kicks, but disabling multiple enemies fighting at the same time takes skill. 

#47 Posted by The Stegman (22765 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one- Batman 

Round two- Captain America 

Round three- Batman

#48 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@Buckshot: I agree that Cap wins, but the people Bruce fought in Batman Begins were also trained fighters, not just average goons.

Not all of them. Not by a long shot.

#49 Posted by Erik (31473 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America every round.

#50 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik: So I take it you've seen it now?