Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleMage

Captain America & Black Panther vs Deathstroke & Batman     
Steve Rogers^ 

Both teams get briefings on the opponents.
They also get one week of prep.     

Second scenario is a random encounter.     

How would it go down? And please try to be 
detailed with you're imagination. Thanks    

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lagoon_boy
Team Two should already be a tough opponent and i believe they could even defeat them. But with the added prep time, I can surely say that Team Two can win.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By progenitorigin

Rogers & Panther have worked well together before against Baron Zemo & co.  Captain America & Batman are basically equal in skill, although Cap has the advantage of Erskine's serum which eliminates the fatigue factor in his body, so he wouldn't tire for quite a while.  While it might not have been canon, in the JLA/Avengers crossover, Cap and Batman fought to a stalemate and Batman basically said that Cap could beat him, but it would take some time.  It's hard to call Deathstroke vs. Black Panther.  I'll go with team 1.

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sirealkillz

Well, this goes to team 1.

Black Panther has better prep than Batgod, and Captain I think can take Deathstroke.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Team 1
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By jumpstart55

Could go either way.

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sirealkillz
@jumpstart55 said:
"

Team Two neither on Team one could take Slade alone but combined they could be a problem luckily Slade has the assistance batman.

"

They know who slade is, they have one week prep.
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By jumpstart55
@Sirealkillz said:

" @jumpstart55 said:

"

Team Two neither on Team one could take Slade alone but combined they could be a problem luckily Slade has the assistance batman.

"
 They know who slade is, they have one week prep. "

Could go either way

Shadey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadey
@jumpstart55 said:
"

"
Umm Black Panther can take on Slade alone and beat him.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Toss-up.

Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sirealkillz
@Static Shock said:
" Toss-up. "
what?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
@Sirealkillz: Meaning both teams have what takes to win.
Sirealkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sirealkillz
@Static Shock said:

" Toss-up. "

I feel weird asking this, but why aren't you a mod?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock said:
" Toss-up. "
I actually agree with this. I have made the case that Panther would defeat Deathstroke outright, but (and please do not think I am simply a Slade fanboy for this) I have actually reconsidered that. I believe that between the two, it could go either way. Although, I am surprised to see you are not making a case for Team 1, Static. I had thought you believed that Panther would defeat Deathstroke, and Cap would defeat BatMan. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock
@Sirealkillz:  I'm not exactly sure. LOL.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467:  I'd normally make a case if the battle was a random encounter. But, since both teams have prep, anything can happen. However, because Team 2 has two masters of prep, I think that they are more likely to win.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: The second battle is a random encounter though. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Oh snap...

Well, Team 2 wins the first and Team 1 wins the second.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: Honestly, I could see it going either way on the second. But whatever. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: It's a possibility.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FinalStar86

Team 2, although Black Panther is probably = to Bats in prep, Cap is not, and I consider Slade above all 3 of them in this aspect

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86 said:
" Team 2, although Black Panther is probably = to Bats in prep, Cap is not, and I consider Slade above all 3 of them in this aspect "
I could make the case that BatMan and Panther are superior to Deathstroke in prep, if only by a little.  
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock
@FinalStar86: If it's because of his superhuman brain capacity, I can buy that.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FinalStar86
@Static Shock said:

" @FinalStar86: If it's because of his superhuman brain capacity, I can buy that. "

Well, everything that is great and formidable about Slade can be because of his powers
Except his attitude and personality, those are 100% legit lol
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock said:

" @FinalStar86: If it's because of his superhuman brain capacity, I can buy that. "

Same. He is a brilliant inventor, is very resourceful, and has a great tactical mind, but I have seen BatMan and Panther invent more impressive equipment than Slade has, both have at least as many resources as he does, and both should be on par with him strategically. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: I think that's because Panther and Batman are actually geniuses in scientific fields. Slade just has them beat as far as tactics go.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By saiyan_earthling

50/50

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: Really? You think Slade is strategically more effective than they are? Is that only because of his accelerated thought processes, or do you simply believe he is more tactically minded? As far as Panther and BatMan being more efficient scientifically, I agree. Both have invented ridiculous machinery. It almost makes you wonder why both do not often don an armored suit, like Iron Man or Steel. Based on what they have developed, they could if they wanted to. I assume they are simply meant to remain street levelers. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Yes. His superhuman brain capacity and accelerated thought processes grant him the ability to be more tactically minded than they are. T'Challa has actually donned armor several times in his last volume. He's worn his Vibranium light armor twice, and his Thrice Blessed Armor thrice. I don't think I've seen Batman wear armor before.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Silver2467 said:
" @Static Shock: Honestly, I could see it going either way on the second. But whatever.  "
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467
@Static Shock: I see. His brain processes have proven to give him a serious edge, even against opponents who have superhuman speed, even in thought and reactions also. Panther's Vibranium armor is more for protection than anything else though. It is not exactly comparable to the Iron Man armors except in defensive capabilities. Of course, he does have anti-metal claws and energy daggers, but it is not exactly the same as the armor used by Iron Man, War Machine, or Steel. His Thrice Blessed Armor has been used but not very often. As far as BatMan, I know he has used powered armored suits in Elseworlds and parallel universes, but I am not sure if he has in the mainstream or not either. My point is that given what both are capable of inventing, it is surprising that they do not use an armor similar to Iron Man. BatMan has invented teleporters, android bodies, his supercomputer, Batmobiles, and several different types of weaponry. Panther has invented some of his country's various military defense systems, as only one of many examples.  

@Static Shock said:
his Thrice Blessed Armor thrice
Hahaha. Good word usage. 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Wyldsong
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
@Silver2467: Thanks.
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Lvenger

Team 2. Deathstroke has the strength of 10 men and it took Batman, Nightwing and Robin to take him down in Infinite Crisis. He'd be able to handle Cap no problem, especially if he uses lethal force. As for Batman vs Black Panther, Black Panther has the advantage in terms of strength but Batman has the martial arts skill and tactics edge to take down BP.

Dirty Mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dirty Mouth

black panther dies.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467: Yes. His superhuman brain capacity and accelerated thought processes grant him the ability to be more tactically minded than they are. T'Challa has actually donned armor several times in his last volume. He's worn his Vibranium light armor twice, and his Thrice Blessed Armor thrice. I don't think I've seen Batman wear armor before. "

Agreed.
ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArdennesKorps

Team 2

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@Dirty Mouth said:

" black panther dies. "

It would only take a guy with KKK figurine in his avatar to attack the only black character in this battle. LOL.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wins both.  
With prep, your not beating Batman and DS, two of the best in the business at that. 
With the random encounter, Deathstroke can take out Black Panther(though it be tough) and I think Batman can at the very least 
hold off against Cap long enough for DS to come and help. I don't put it past team 1 to win in the second round, but I think it goes to team 2 in both.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@Lvenger said:

" Team 2. Deathstroke has the strength of 10 men and it took Batman, Nightwing and Robin to take him down in Infinite Crisis. He'd be able to handle Cap no problem, especially if he uses lethal force.

Captain America has the strength of ten men too, and it's been confirmed several times. No reason to think that Cap can't physically contend with Deathstroke, on his own.

@Lvenger

said:

As for Batman vs Black Panther, Black Panther has the advantage in terms of strength but Batman has the martial arts skill and tactics edge to take down BP. "

Black Panther possesses martial arts skills on Batman's level. There's not enough evidence to prove that Batman is a better fighter than T'Challa, and vice versa. The same is said for tactics, not to mention that the Wakandans are a warrior race and excel in military and tactical strategy. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 651

team 1

Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Captain America vs. Slade = Physically about equal (edge to Cap in strength, edge to Slade in reflexes), Captain America is notably more skilled while Slade has a better healing factor (and the edge isn't as sever as some people might think, Captain America has survived and healed from a gunshot wound to the head in short order after all). In terms of weaponry Slade has a greater variety but I'd say Cap's shield is overall more effective... at least in the hands of Captain America. Edge to Captain America in a straight up confrontation, clean sweep to Slade in a prep match.

Black Panther vs. Batman. Physical advantage to Black Panther (even before his Doomwar amp), he is on par with Captain America physically thanks to the Heart Shaped Herb, which places him above Batman physically. Batman has a slight skill advantage, but in my mind not sizable enough to completely compensate for Panther's enhanced attributes. In terms of weaponry and equipment Panther's standard gear seems to vary far more than Batman's. Some times he is wearing his thrice blessed armor for no rhyme or reason, sometimes he has his vibranium armor but sometimes he is just wearing his standard ceremonial Panther costume... which makes it difficult to judge. I'd say default equipment Panther's  is potentially above Batman's but also potentially below... it just depends on what he is packing because unlike Batman, Panther's default equipment changes. Prep is close but Batman gets the edge, especially now that most of Wakanada's vibranium is depleted. Slight edge to Panther in a straight up confrontation (maybe 6-6.5/10), edge to Batman in a prep match.

Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mighty Max

I'll go with team 2 in the first scenario, as for the second scenario it can go either way depending on what equipment everyone has brought, too close to call imo.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Lvenger
@Static Shock:  Captain America has the strength of a human at their physical peak not the strength of 10 men. Therefire he can only lift 800 pounds. Deathstroke can lift up to 1,200 pounds which is in the low superhuman strength category but this is more than any normal human even one at physical peak could lift. As for fighting skills, I'm not sure which one is better but Deathstroke has been trained by top assasins in martial arts and I'm not sure Cap has been trained by assasins. It'd be a close fight but Deathstroke would win.

As for Batman vs BP, I know BP is very skilled in martial arts and is an excellent strategist. I'm just saying I think Batman is slightly better than Black Panther in those respects and would just about beat him.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FinalStar86

I'd give it to Slade over Cap in a random encounter and BP over Bats

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By skaarason

slade and batman are unbeatable in both  scenarios !

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@Lvenger said:
" @Static Shock:  Captain America has the strength of a human at their physical peak not the strength of 10 men.
When I said that it was stated on panel, I wasn't joking. He's just as strong as Deathstroke is, and has actually shown better feats of strength than Deathstoke (who barely has any). Captain America's countless strength feats prove that lifting 800 lbs. isn't his limit. There was even a scan of Cap stating that he had the strength of a platoon of men and it was also stated that his strength was preternatural. Like I said, it's been stated several times. 

Read the second panel.
 Read the second panel.

@Lvenger said:
" Deathstroke can lift up to 1,200 pounds which is in the low superhuman strength category but this is more than any normal human even one at physical peak could lift
I look at that as enhanced human strength. It was never officially stated that Deathstroke has superhuman strength. Only that he has the strength of ten men, like Cap (and it was recently stated in Action Comics 892), and another official source stated that his physical abilities were heightened to his physical acumen (which is the human peak). The only thing superhuman about him is reflexes, coordination, healing factor and superhuman brain capacity. 

@Lvenger said:
"As for fighting skills, I'm not sure which one is better but Deathstroke has been trained by top assasins in martial arts and I'm not sure Cap has been trained by assasins. It'd be a close fight but Deathstroke would win.
It's not about who trains you. It's about how you train. Hell, Richard Dragon trained Huntress, but she's not even considered a top fighter. Just because Deathstroke was trained by assassins doesn't mean that he's a better fighter than Captain America, who literally has what it takes to win.

@Lvenger said:
" As for Batman vs BP, I know BP is very skilled in martial arts and is an excellent strategist. I'm just saying I think Batman is slightly better than Black Panther in those respects and would just about beat him. "
OK, but how would he just about beat him? You make it sound easy. How is he slightly better than Black Panther in martial arts? How is he slightly better than Black Panther in tactical strategy? If you think this, I'm assuming you can support it with something, right?
thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lvenger said:

" @Static Shock:  Captain America has the strength of a human at their physical peak not the strength of 10 men. Therefire he can only lift 800 pounds. Deathstroke can lift up to 1,200 pounds which is in the low superhuman strength category but this is more than any normal human even one at physical peak could lift. As for fighting skills, I'm not sure which one is better but Deathstroke has been trained by top assasins in martial arts and I'm not sure Cap has been trained by assasins. It'd be a close fight but Deathstroke would win.   As for Batman vs BP, I know BP is very skilled in martial arts and is an excellent strategist. I'm just saying I think Batman is slightly better than Black Panther in those respects and would just about beat him. "

Captain America has been said to have the strength of ten men several times throughout his career (and I believe twenty men once, and another time the strength of "half a platoon" which is 8-25 men) and has actually been displayed bench pressing 1100lbs before... soooooooooooooooooo yeah.

Captain America is much more skilled fighter than Deathstroke. Without his enhanced attributes Deathstroke - while extraordinarily skilled, especially by real world standards - isn't even in the same ball park as Marvel or DC's martial arts "big dogs." Nightwing has shown himself superior to Deathstroke several times, and seeing as Slade is better physically in every conceivable way, that really on leads Dick being more skilled as the only explanation. Deathstroke's is strong enough that even hitting Dick once will all but end the fight (or at least insures Slade's victory), but if he doesn't get hit blinded sided initially or if Slade gives him time to recover instead of pressing his advantage, Nightwing has sown the ability to walk all over Slade, land blow after blow unanswered and avoid is every attack on two separate occasions (one of which Dick was weakened from radiation poisoning).  Before it gets brought up, I am well aware that Deathstroke has soundly beaten Nightwing many times, but that has little to nothing to do with his skill as a fighter.  

Also, David Cain has beaten Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger had a sizable advantage when they fought, and he has said himself he can't beat Batgirl without playing mind games (which I don't necessarily agree with... but it was said). He is a good fighter but he isn't Captain America good.
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

I have to agree with Static Shock here. 

he is making some good points.

thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Lvenger said:
" @Static Shock:  Captain America has the strength of a human at their physical peak not the strength of 10 men.
When I said that it was stated on panel, I wasn't joking. He's just as strong as Deathstroke is, and has actually shown better feats of strength than Deathstoke (who barely has any). Captain America's countless strength feats prove that lifting 800 lbs. isn't his limit. There was even a scan of Cap stating that he had the strength of a platoon of men and it was also stated that his strength was preternatural. Like I said, it's been stated several times. 

Read the second panel.
 Read the second panel.

@Lvenger said:
" Deathstroke can lift up to 1,200 pounds which is in the low superhuman strength category but this is more than any normal human even one at physical peak could lift
I look at that as enhanced human strength. It was never officially stated that Deathstroke has superhuman strength. Only that he has the strength of ten men, like Cap (and it was recently stated in Action Comics 892), and another official source stated that his physical abilities were heightened to his physical acumen (which is the human peak). The only thing superhuman about him is reflexes, coordination, healing factor and superhuman brain capacity. 

@Lvenger said:
"As for fighting skills, I'm not sure which one is better but Deathstroke has been trained by top assasins in martial arts and I'm not sure Cap has been trained by assasins. It'd be a close fight but Deathstroke would win.
It's not about who trains you. It's about how you train. Hell, Richard Dragon trained Huntress, but she's not even considered a top fighter. Just because Deathstroke was trained by assassins doesn't mean that he's a better fighter than Captain America, who literally has what it takes to win.

@Lvenger said:
" As for Batman vs BP, I know BP is very skilled in martial arts and is an excellent strategist. I'm just saying I think Batman is slightly better than Black Panther in those respects and would just about beat him. "
OK, but how would he just about beat him? You make it sound easy. How is he slightly better than Black Panther in martial arts? How is he slightly better than Black Panther in tactical strategy? If you think this, I'm assuming you can support it with something, right? "
Well said. I mean, the operative word in Super Soldier, is super after all.

Panther has stalemated Daredevil twice, despite the fact that T'Challa is much closer to Captain America physically than he is Daredevil. To me this means that Daredevil's fighting skill is enough to compensate for Panther's enhanced attributes and level the playing field. I'm of the oppinion that Daredevil = Batman in skill, so if DD has a skill edge over Panther, I'd transfer the same edge to Batman.