• 66 results
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Dex_Starr

Both Cap and Bucky have shields and Cap costumes, Bucky has mechanical arm but no shock.

Fight takes place in a dojo.

Ken and Ryu at normal levels

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rpgr

Cap and bucky in a stomp. Need marvel Vs series Ryu and Ken to match comic characters.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Ryu and Ken would dominate Cap and Cap Jr. for sure.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I agree, Ryu and Ken are better fighters I mean they can defy gravity by spinning O.o and blast blue fire out their hands

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@rpgr said:

Cap and bucky in a stomp. Need marvel Vs series Ryu and Ken to match comic characters.

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rpgr

@RyuHayabusa: Problem is, we don't know how heavy the boulder is and i don't see how Ryu and Ken are going to get passed the shields.

This is coming from a guy that has no particular like for Cap and bucky but love Ryu and Ken.

Without shields it's much more even but i still give it to Cap and bucky slightly. With shields, definitely need Vs. series power levels.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Blood1991 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I agree, Ryu and Ken are better fighters I mean they can defy gravity by spinning O.o and blast blue fire out their hands

And let's not forget that this battle takes place in a dojo. THEY ARE IN THEIR ZONE!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Lol I figured their zone was more in the middle of traffic or under a bridge. I don't think the Street Fighter Cast has ever battled in a dojo come to think of it

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@rpgr said:

@RyuHayabusa: Problem is, we don't know how heavy the boulder is and i don't see how Ryu and Ken are going to get passed the shields.

This is coming from a guy that has no particular like for Cap and bucky but love Ryu and Ken.

Without shields it's much more even but i still give it to Cap and bucky slightly. With shields, definitely need Vs. series power levels.

Just look at the size. It will give you an idea about its weight.

This is going to be h2h fight. Ryu and Ken both are fast enough to dodge shield throw.

Both can teams can win. No one is going to stomp.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Blood1991 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Lol I figured their zone was more in the middle of traffic or under a bridge. I don't think the Street Fighter Cast has ever battled in a dojo come to think of it

Ryu spent most of his life in Dojo.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@RyuHayabusa: He trained there he didn't fight there well at least no one other than Ken unless you count the SF animes then He fought Akuma "outside still on grounds" and Sakura in one.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Blood1991 said:

@RyuHayabusa: He trained there he didn't fight there well at least no one other than Ken unless you count the SF animes then He fought Akuma "outside still on grounds" and Sakura in one.

Some animes are not canon. Ryu trained with Gouken and Ken.

When Akuma killed Gouken, After few days Ryu and Ken fought Akuma outside of Dojo in forest.

Ryu sparred with Sagat when he came to tell Ryu about 2nd World Tournament.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@RyuHayabusa: Huh I learned something new today XD

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Blood1991 said:

Wow. You are right... what the hell?

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Blood1991 said:

Is this why he avoids them? He almost seems scared to fight in one.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Blood1991 said:

Wow. You are right... what the hell?

@RyuHayabusa said:

@Blood1991 said:

Is this why he avoids them? He almost seems scared to fight in one.

Because his master died in dojo. Maybe :D

Gouken wasn't actually dead. He came back after 2nd tournament.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@Blood1991 said:

@RyuHayabusa: Huh I learned something new today XD

My knowledge is bit foggy. You should ask Vance Astro if you want to learn more.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

@rpgr said:

@RyuHayabusa: Problem is, we don't know how heavy the boulder is

We may not know how heavy it is, but at the same time, it does give us a clear idea of how strong Ryu is. I'd say he's stronger than Bucky at least.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThexX
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By renamed040924

Bucky with his arm will certainly give them a challenge, but the Street Fighter duo will prevail eventually. They're both stronger then 3/4 of the opposing team, equally if not more skilled, and have some pretty bada$$ attacks.

Cap, buddy, sorry, you know I love ya but... you're going down.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d

@RyuHayabusa said:

@rpgr said:

The problem with street fighter and "ending feats" is that we don't know which ending is canon as there is only one true ending which will carry over to the other street fighters.

So what if we assumed that some jokester such as Dan had the true ending and he defeated Ryu at some point?

Judging from the anime, I would want to say Ryu and Ken, but Anime versions are not allowed. Manga versions are not allowed either. Videogame feats lack consistency.

The dilemma holds off any reasonable answer.

I would have to say that any team as an opportunity of winning here. Bucky and Steve could easily one shot Ken or Ryu if they throw their shields with enough force or momentum (Shield throws that cut helicopters, trucks, guns and giant mech robots apart). Ryu and Ken could perform one shot hadoukens (level sides of buildings in the animes) as well as Dragonfist.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@SlimJ87D said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

@rpgr said:

The problem with street fighter and "ending feats" is that we don't know which ending is canon as there is only one true ending which will carry over to the other street fighters.

So what if we assumed that some jokester such as Dan had the true ending and he defeated Ryu at some point?

Judging from the anime, I would want to say Ryu and Ken, but Anime versions are not allowed. Manga versions are not allowed either. Videogame feats lack consistency.

The dilemma holds off any reasonable answer.

Unlike Mortal Kombat or Tekken SF endings don't contradict with each other. In Mortal Kombat everyone defeats final boss with SF that is not the case.

All the endings don't take place at same time. If you are thinking of SFIV where many fighters defeat Seth then that is because of there are clones of Seth. One who fought Ryu was 16 or 23.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slimj87d

@RyuHayabusa: I don't know about that, because you'll have Street Fighter 5 probably retcon it. It's happened before. My point is that it's still unreliable. Street Fighter 4 took place before Street Fighter 3rd strike also right?

Anyways, I'll show a scan that is just as impressive as Ryu holding that boulder up for Steve.

No Caption Provided

Concrete composite of that size weighs about 150 to 200 lbs, he throws it 25 to 30 feet high, as high as a power line, demolishes a building wall and sends the snipers flying out of it.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@SlimJ87D: Yes, SFIV takes place before 3rd tournament(SF III series). You are generally good with calculations. How much do you think that boulder weighs?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tg1982

I need to see more feats from Ken and Ryu, before I can really decide, as it stands now, I'm leaning towards Cap and Cap 7/10

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

@SlimJ87D said:

@RyuHayabusa: I don't know about that, because you'll have Street Fighter 5 probably retcon it. It's happened before. My point is that it's still unreliable. Street Fighter 4 took place before Street Fighter 3rd strike also right?

Anyways, I'll show a scan that is just as impressive as Ryu holding that boulder up for Steve.

No Caption Provided

Concrete composite of that size weighs about 150 to 200 lbs, he throws it 25 to 30 feet high, as high as a power line, demolishes a building wall and sends the snipers flying out of it.

That slab of rock couldn't of been more then 50 lbs.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tg1982

@nickzambuto: That slab weighed well over 50lbs, I would hazard a guess and say atleast 300lbs

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: No. It's greater than his shoulder widths, has metal reinforcements as well and is as thick or thicker than the height of his head. Even if it was 50 lbs, he threw it 30 feet high and it would have gone higher if it didn't have to go through the walls of a building and knocked two adults out of the opposite wall.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

@RyuHayabusa said:

@SlimJ87D: Yes, SFIV takes place before 3rd tournament(SF III series). You are generally good with calculations. How much do you think that boulder weighs?

Ryu is 5'9, from scaling that is close to the diameter of the rock since he is squatting and he's about half the size, which is the radius.

Therefore volume in cm^3 is 2806162.1879721326

Common density of rocks in g/cm^3: http://geology.about.com/cs/rock_types/a/aarockspecgrav.htm

Average those to about 2.5

The rock is 7015405 Grams, converting that to pounds is grams to pounds 1 gram = 0.00220462262 pounds

Roughly 14,000 lbs, 7 tons

This was made with a huge assumption that the whole boulder is a giant solid work. Most likely that is not the case as it can have a density much lower if it is made up of a collection of many rocks, soil, water molecules, etc.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@SlimJ87D said:

@RyuHayabusa said:

Ryu is 5'9, from scaling that is close to the diameter of the rock since he is squatting and he's about half the size, which is the radius.

Common density of rocks in g/cm^3: http://geology.about.com/cs/rock_types/a/aarockspecgrav.htm

The rock is 7015405 Grams, converting that to pounds is grams to pounds 1 gram = 0.00220462262 pounds

This was made with a huge assumption that the whole boulder is a giant solid work. Most likely that is not the case as it can have a density much lower if it is made up of a collection of many rocks, soil, water molecules, etc.

wat

_Heart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By _Heart_

Ryu and Ken

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Boneawl

Cap and Bucky in a stomp. Show me better strength, speed, skill, reaction time, and strategy and tactics feats and I'll reconsider. Til than, SF characters barely have any feats to hold an argument.

For those who try to use SF animes, don't waste your time. SF animes are not considered canon, and thus can not be used unless stated that this Ryu and Ken from the anime. The only credible anime of SF, would be the one's directly connected to the SF4 game it self and there isn't any feat in there that would put them on par with Bucky and Caps' laundry list of feats.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

Cap and Bucky in a stomp. Show me better strength, speed, skill, reaction time, and strategy and tactics feats and I'll reconsider. Til than, SF characters barely have any feats to hold an argument.

Except for Ryu holding up that 7 ton boulder as early morning workout and dodging bullets casually.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Boneawl

@nickzambuto:

I'm not sure if you're actually being serious or joking. Like I said.... Cap and Bucky's long laundry lists top Ryu and Ken. But if you're being serious, care to compare feats with Ryu and Ken against Cap and Bucky?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

@nickzambuto:

I'm not sure if you're actually being serious or joking. Like I said.... Cap and Bucky's long laundry lists top Ryu and Ken. But if you're being serious, care to compare feats with Ryu and Ken against Cap and Bucky?

Sure.

Ryu lifts 14,000 pounds.

Cap lifts 300.

We've already went through this not even 5 posts ago.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Boneawl

@nickzambuto:

Lmao. So the boulder went from 7 tons to 14,000 tons? Which is it? Either or... There's no estimated weight. The only close calculation we have is a rough guess by Slim.

Try again.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Emperorb777

Ryu and Ken win

SF characters are superhuman also Ryu and Ken reg display better MA skill and they fight just as skilled oppenents on a reg basis

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lady_liberty

Captain America and Bucky both have long histories of amazing feats that dwarf anything Ken and Ryu have.

So I would say Captain America and Bucky will win.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

@nickzambuto:

Lmao. So the boulder went from 7 tons to 14,000 tons? Which is it? Either or... There's no estimated weight. The only close calculation we have is a rough guess by Slim.

Try again.

You seem to lack basic knowledge about the definition of a "ton".

1 ton is 2,000 pounds. 2,000 x 7 = 14,000 pounds. Please graduate Elementary School before trying to act cool.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Boneawl

@nickzambuto:

Someone's sour. Don't be mad cause you can't stay consistent and have a failing argument.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

@nickzambuto:

Someone's sour. Don't be mad cause you can't stay consistent and have a failing argument.

...No.

1 ton equals 2,000 pounds. This is not debatable. If you graduated elementary school, you would know that.

I have provided proof of Ryu lifting more then Captain America.

All you have done is show your own ineptitude and lack of common knowledge.

I don't expect you to reply to this post, as I can't see what you could possibly say to justify not knowing 1 ton is 2,000 pounds, but I figured I might as well of pointed out how wrong you were anyway.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Boneawl

@nickzambuto:

I know what 1 ton equals. No one made a debate about this. You're trying to turn it into a debate, which is ridiculous in it's own right. I clearly said 7 tons and 14,000 tons, when I said you were making the change of the weight calculated for the boulder lifted I clearly said 7 tons to 14,000 tons due to the idea you said 7 tons than saying 14,000 pounds. Not once did I even say pounds. You trying to turn this into a uneducated insult only falls back on you, cause if you read. I said 7 tons and 14,000 tons. That would fall upon your shoulders that you can't differentiate the word from pounds and tons. We both made mistakes. But you trying to follow up on it as if you're trying to educate me? Laughable sense you your self made the mistake of not clearly reading what I said in the first place and considering the option that I may have misread. Regardless of misreading or not, being from pounds and tons. I still have a point, there's no estimated weight. To say Ryu is lifting more than Cap, simply based on an opinion isn't a solid argument to say one or the other is lifting more, especially with what kind of force Cap demonstrates behind the throw of his own boulder/rubble

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

@nickzambuto:

I know what 1 ton equals. No one made a debate about this. You're trying to turn it into a debate, which is ridiculous in it's own right. I clearly said 7 tons and 14,000 tons, when I said you were making the change of the weight calculated for the boulder lifted I clearly said 7 tons to 14,000 tons due to the idea you said 7 tons than saying 14,000 pounds. Not once did I even say pounds. You trying to turn this into a uneducated insult only falls back on you, cause if you read. I said 7 tons and 14,000 tons. That would fall upon your shoulders that you can't differentiate the word from pounds and tons. We both made mistakes. But you trying to follow up on it as if you're trying to educate me? Laughable sense you your self made the mistake of not clearly reading what I said in the first place and considering the option that I may have misread. Regardless of misreading or not, being from pounds and tons. I still have a point, there's no estimated weight. To say Ryu is lifting more than Cap, simply based on an opinion isn't a solid argument to say one or the other is lifting more, especially with what kind of force Cap demonstrates behind the throw of his own boulder/rubble

Then that's just another mistake on your part, reading "pounds" as "tons".

Common density of rocks in g/cm^3:http://geology.about.com/cs/rock_types/a/aarockspecgrav.htm

And this is not a guess, or an opinion. This is simple math. Math that scientifically proves the boulder to be at least 7 tons, or 14,000 pounds, which is the same thing.

Comparing Ryu's own confirmed height to the size of the boulder, and knowing the commen density of a rock, allows us to infer the weight. So, unless you can disprove this, it is 7 tons.

I am still waiting for you to post a single scan of Captain America doing anything.

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Boneawl

@nickzambuto:

You say that as if I'm the only one who read things wrong. You clearly read wrong your self.

"This was made with a huge assumption". That opening statement makes the whole calculation an opinion, a really good educated opinion, but we can't be sure. But that's besides the point... We have no idea how much force Cap is putting behind the scan that is shown, so how can you say Ryu is stronger? You can't, unless from the scan at the distance Cap is shown with the boulder, you can estimate how much the boulder weighs and how much force he is putting behind it. That's my point.

Be patient. I'll show some scans. It'll probably have to be in a couple of hours due entertaining some guests, but this site isn't disappearing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By renamed040924

@Boneawl said:

@nickzambuto:

You say that as if I'm the only one who read things wrong. You clearly read wrong your self.

"This was made with a huge assumption". That opening statement makes the whole calculation an opinion, a really good educated opinion, but we can't be sure. But that's besides the point... We have no idea how much force Cap is putting behind the scan that is shown, so how can you say Ryu is stronger? You can't, unless from the scan at the distance Cap is shown with the boulder, you can estimate how much the boulder weighs and how much force he is putting behind it. That's my point.

Be patient. I'll show some scans. It'll probably have to be in a couple of hours due entertaining some guests, but this site isn't disappearing.

He made a huge assumption that the boulder was a huge solid work, AKA completely dense with nothing but solid rock on the inside. I doubt a boulder in the middle of wherever was hallow; the weight will not be far off from his guess.

I will wait for your scans.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThexX

@nickzambuto: I don't want to argue but you do know in a fight strength is not every thing. While Ryu is a Master Martial Arts. So is Cap he has master every America Martial Arts form and more then combine them into to his own style and Bucky is Arguably a better fighter then Cap. Just because Ryu is lifting a 14,000 lbs boulder really doesn't mean crap when Cap has faced the likes of The Hulk.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: Remember I made that calculation assuming that it was one giant solid work where a lot of boulders, specially in the dessert areas, are made up of rock, soil and water. There's a good chance it could be about half that weight, but no more than 2.5 times less because water is 1 g/cm^3 and there's very little water in that rock. There may be a lot more invisible air space.

I would estimate it to be 3.5 to 7 tons.

I still think what Cap did is more impressive with the concrete slab as he threw it hard enough to go through 2 walls of equal thickness and knocking 2 people out of the building. And I still stand by not being able to believe this street fighter ending totally yet due to the multiple ending clause and usually a direct sequel street fighter selecting a true ending or even retconing an ending.

Lastly, I still think this is 50/50.

@ThexX: Scans say he knows every martial art known to man. So I think he mastered the 7 that the handbook said he mastered and knows the basics of all the other ones or mastered them as well. I've seen him perform Russian, French, Asian and American forms of arts before.

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By ThePRez

so Capt and Bucky won?

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tg1982

Cap was adept at every form of H2H combat known to man, since WW2, it's only natural to believe he has since improved, also he instinctively adapts to every situation and every fighting style, so on the off chance that there is a style that Cap isn't familiar with he will adapt to it and counter it. His reflexes are fast enough dodge bullets from guns at point blank range AFTER they've been fired

Adept a every form of H2H
Adept a every form of H2H
Instinctively adapts to every fighting style
Instinctively adapts to every fighting style
Dodges bullet AFTER it's been fired
Dodges bullet AFTER it's been fired

And Cap stopping a falling elevator,

No Caption Provided
FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By FourthDeity

This would turn into a friendly sparring match once both parties realize how formidable one another is xD

ryu and ken take this though...

evil ryu stomps.

and yes im a tad bias here. but someone inform me

can his shield go atleast faster than bullets? if so hw much?

if it cant dont even bother saying cap can win

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By slimj87d
No Caption Provided

@FourthDeity said:

This would turn into a friendly sparring match once both parties realize how formidable one another is xD

ryu and ken take this though...

evil ryu stomps.

and yes im a tad bias here. but someone inform me

can his shield go atleast faster than bullets? if so hw much?

if it cant dont even bother saying cap can win

Scientifically, yes his shield should go faster than a bullet otherwise this feat would also be impossible.

Lastly, there is no Anime vs Comic books allowed, so the fight in Street Fighter Alpha you are most likely referring to doesn't count. Second, the problem isn't the shield going at you, it's the shield coming back at you again and again.