No Caption Provided
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zoom

Aaaaand then Gladiator got right back up. 

I mean, I'm all for laughing at how Gladiator jobs to everybody but don't pretend Cannonball did anything to Glads except give him one good hit.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik
@Zoom said:
" Aaaaand then Gladiator got right back up.  I mean, I'm all for laughing at how Gladiator jobs to everybody but don't pretend Cannonball did anything to Glads except give him one good hit. "
How did the fight end? Was either one of them able to hurt the other?
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zoom
@erik said:
" @Zoom said:
" Aaaaand then Gladiator got right back up.  I mean, I'm all for laughing at how Gladiator jobs to everybody but don't pretend Cannonball did anything to Glads except give him one good hit. "
How did the fight end? Was either one of them able to hurt the other? "

On the next page, the X-Men show up.  That's Beast saying Bravo. 

Gladiator rises dramatically out of the wreckage that Sam through him into. 

Then Gladiator remembers he isn't here to kill Cannonball, he was here to find the X-Men and he sends all of them (save Cannonball and plus Trish Tilby for some reason) into space to save the Shiar from the Phallanx and stuff which as it turned out, was a pretty enjoyable story arc. 

Neither character was much closer to going down than they were at the start of the fight.  A poor performance by Gladiator, a really good effort by Cannonball but in the end a stalemate at best with both characters aknowledging that Gladiator would have likely taken it in the end.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By weaponxx

Gladiator

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Freefa11

Yeah, I always wondered what the hell was going through Gladiator's head there. 

"Oh, I'm not here to fight you guys, I'm here to beg for your help!" 

"Uh, and you think trying to murder one of our teammates is the way the do that?"

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik
@Zoom said: 
On the next page, the X-Men show up.  That's Beast saying Bravo.  Gladiator rises dramatically out of the wreckage that Sam through him into.  Then Gladiator remembers he isn't here to kill Cannonball, he was here to find the X-Men and he sends all of them (save Cannonball and plus Trish Tilby for some reason) into space to save the Shiar from the Phallanx and stuff which as it turned out, was a pretty enjoyable story arc.  Neither character was much closer to going down than they were at the start of the fight.  A poor performance by Gladiator, a really good effort by Cannonball but in the end a stalemate at best with both characters aknowledging that Gladiator would have likely taken it in the end. "
Ah I see. Thank you.  

Based on that I would say a stalemate or Gladiator wins. 
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zoom
@Freefa11 said:
"Yeah, I always wondered what the hell was going through Gladiator's head there.  "Oh, I'm not here to fight you guys, I'm here to beg for your help!"  "Uh, and you think trying to murder one of our teammates is the way the do that?" "

I always thought it was "Gah, my lame excuse to have a hero vs hero fight sure took a turn for the worse."
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By texasdeathmatch

cool scans of the fight, nonetheless

Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dex

Honestly I know in the long wrong gladiator would win. I made this thread simply because there are characters (like Wolverine) that are far less powerful than Gladiator that I find win more fights in the "battle forum" than they should. 3 cheers for the underdogs!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By termiteone4ever

Gladiator for sure would have taken that. Cannon ball moment to shine was pretty impressive to survive that blow. Still Gladiator would have won.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Greendevil

ftw
Vermillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Vermillo

Hmm...ok now the question should be is cannonball at his prime or not? Because yeah he got a surpise attack on Gladiator but if we take into account of him asborbing kinetic impacts like Sebastian Shaw does then he could rechannel every physical attack from Gladiator and then them back amp up. Also Gladiator power is all rooted in his belief so if Sam make in doubt himself then he could win. But in a battle of endurances then Gladiator would win because rechannel kinetic impacts would tax Sam out over time.  

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordraiden
@Dex said:
" @mavfan626: nope

cannonball.

"

Yes, know of it, got the issue, one of showing.  Gladiator would shit over Guthrie, in my personal honest opinion.  It's nice when a writer is generous to certain characters for the sake of the story, but I don't think anyone believed from that point on that Sam was in Glads league.  Just as i'm sure that SS isn't roaming 616 MU in fear of running into the Black Panther and that dreaded armlock again ;-)  Gladiator for an easy win.