Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Chaos War: Ares #1
Chaos War: Ares #1

Fight  is to the death. Takes place in Venice Beach and they start 30 feet apart.
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Cannonball's blasting field gives him a real edge in this fight sine he's invulnerable while blasting; the real challenge for him is keeping up the punishment long enough to incapacitate Ares. He's rarely used his blast field at a high enough level to kill, but I think he could do it.

That's where the tricky part comes in - Sam is an Eternal/mutant version of an immortal (or was, not sure if they got rid of it) and Ares is immortal for all intents and purposes, so killing each other is very difficult for either to do.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Yes that's true. So fight to KO than?
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
@Edgeworth_11: If it was a fight to KO, I think Sam could take it. His invulnerability and speed would enable him to ignore most of Ares' attacks while most of Ares' weapons would break against Sam's blasting field.
Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Fresh0133

To the death?  I think Ares durability would hold out against Sam's blast field, Ares h2h  skills and durabiltiy have allowed him to go toe to toe with some folks he really should have had no business being able to go up against and hold his own.  I honestly don't think Sam could hit him hard enough to put him down before he slipped up and made a mistake that Ares could take advantage of.

People really seem to be down playing what a bad ass Ares is these days on here, the guy could give anyone below Hulk/Thor level power a run for their money and come out on top in most cases.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By The_Martian

Ares

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By HellionVulcan

What weapons does ares get as his weapons can use magic so i think he could cut through Sam's blast field & get him as maybe by BFR sam wins way faster no point brawling or trying to make a long fight with Ares .

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Green Skin

Ares.  He's got the durability to take a pounding, the strength to give a pounding, and the strategic mind to use it effectively.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Cannonball shouldnt be underestimated either.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By karrob
@Edgeworth_11 said:
" Cannonball shouldnt be underestimated either. "
True
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne

I'm leaning towards Cannonball. Ares isn't the sharpest sword in the armory.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Kallarkz
cannonball should not be underestimated no this is true. But i fail to see exactly how cannonball would harm Ares other than BFR. Although in recent times it is hard to view Ares as a heavy hitter due to the fact that he was torn in half by Sentry....but even taking into account that Sentry was a ridicuously powerful character it is hard to get that scene of his organs but thrown across the pages....(/palm)

I think in the end Ares' military knoweldge and ruthlessness is what will be the deciding factor in this fight but it would not be a very quick fight for him and there could be times in which Cannonball could be seen to have the upperhand.    
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By madrid_san

Sam wins. He doesn't even need to get close to Ares. He has a powerful concussive blast and like someone else said. he is WAY faster and he is a lot tougher as well.

Sam has shown a more ruthless side recently in limbo. He has the right attitude to win against the tough SOB.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@madrid_san said:
"

Sam wins. He doesn't even need to get close to Ares. He has a powerful concussive blast and like someone else said. he is WAY faster and he is a lot tougher as well.

Sam has shown a more ruthless side recently in limbo. He has the right attitude to win against the tough SOB.

"
How powerful is his blast though? Has he ever taken out someone of Ares' durability?
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HellionVulcan
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
How powerful is his blast though? Has he ever taken out someone of Ares' durability? "
didn't stop death gambit death northstar & death dazzler ,so i doubt it'd hurt Ares in any way ,he'd have to BFR him .
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@HellionVulcan: Interesting, thanks
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By madrid_san
@HellionVulcan said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
How powerful is his blast though? Has he ever taken out someone of Ares' durability? "
didn't stop death gambit death northstar & death dazzler ,so i doubt it'd hurt Ares in any way ,he'd have to BFR him . "

It's worth noting he did not want to hurt his teammates so his morals were WAY on. His concussive blast gives him an option such as to destroy Ares equipment probably do damage over time. Ares is not tough enough to withstand tackle after tackle from Sam either.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By madrid_san

damn thing doesn't want to edit. I wish I can get a scan of one panel which shows Sam CRASHING into the ground and sends atleast a couple of dozen creatures from Limbo hurling high up through the air knocking the unconcious. That is the kind of power Ares has to deal with. he won't be able to contain Sam.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HellionVulcan
@madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
didn't stop death gambit death northstar & death dazzler ,so i doubt it'd hurt Ares in any way ,he'd have to BFR him . "
It's worth noting he did not want to hurt his teammates so his morals were WAY on. His concussive blast gives him an option such as to destroy Ares equipment probably do damage over time. Ares is not tough enough to withstand tackle after tackle from Sam either. "
His Morals were on & off during the Hellbound three issue mini but until i see his blasts effect some one with Ares Durability i don't see him doing much damage wise as during dark reign when Ares stood outside Utopia why didn't they send Cannonball to deal with him ? because even cyclops was worried they'd suffer heavy loses to Ares alone to quote cyclops we have to find a way to take that Monster down .

Ares weapons are magical well some are as he kept Open eden's Portal open with his Axe which even he said was Impossible ,so i doubt sam could break Ares magical weapons & i believe they'll break through sam's blast field also since his weapon feats speak for themselves also didn't lady deathstrike once penetrate his blast field ? ...
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kallarkz
@HellionVulcan said:
" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
It's worth noting he did not want to hurt his teammates so his morals were WAY on. His concussive blast gives him an option such as to destroy Ares equipment probably do damage over time. Ares is not tough enough to withstand tackle after tackle from Sam either. "
His Morals were on & off during the Hellbound three issue mini but until i see his blasts effect some one with Ares Durability i don't see him doing much damage wise as during dark reign when Ares stood outside Utopia why didn't they send Cannonball to deal with him ? because even cyclops was worried they'd suffer heavy loses to Ares alone to quote cyclops we have to find a way to take that Monster down .Ares weapons are magical well some are as he kept Open eden's Portal open with his Axe which even he said was Impossible ,so i doubt sam could break Ares magical weapons & i believe they'll break through sam's blast field also since his weapon feats speak for themselves also didn't lady deathstrike once penetrate his blast field ? ... "
If a punch from Gladiator himself could not penetrate Sams field i doubt a weapon from Ares could who is much lower on the big boy list.
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By termiteone4ever

Now i could see cannon ball taking this

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By madrid_san
@HellionVulcan said:
" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
His Morals were on & off during the Hellbound three issue mini but until i see his blasts effect some one with Ares Durability i don't see him doing much damage wise as during dark reign when Ares stood outside Utopia why didn't they send Cannonball to deal with him ? because even cyclops was worried they'd suffer heavy loses to Ares alone to quote cyclops we have to find a way to take that Monster down .Ares weapons are magical well some are as he kept Open eden's Portal open with his Axe which even he said was Impossible ,so i doubt sam could break Ares magical weapons & i believe they'll break through sam's blast field also since his weapon feats speak for themselves also didn't lady deathstrike once penetrate his blast field ? ... "

that was stupid writing. Gambit and Danger themselves beat Ares.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BarelyAverage

In the Avengers the Ultron Initiative Iron Man even said it would take multiple heavy hitting avengers to take him down, stating wonder man, she hulk, the sentry and himself I believe. Cannonball is outta his league. He might be able to hurt Ares in a battle where he is distracted and hits him from behind. But 1 vs 1 Its a man against a boy. Ares takes this with ease...

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ramtha07

Ares cleaves Canonball in two.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HellionVulcan
@Kallarkz said:
" @HellionVulcan said:
" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
If a punch from Gladiator himself could not penetrate Sams field i doubt a weapon from Ares could who is much lower on the big boy list. "
A one time Pis move against Gladiator is all that was & are Gladiator punches Magical ? no its all 100% physical Ares magic gives him a better shot at getting through Sam's blast shield then gladiator punches will ever  .
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HellionVulcan
@BarelyAverage said:

" In the Avengers the Ultron Initiative Iron Man even said it would take multiple heavy hitting avengers to take him down, stating wonder man, she hulk, the sentry and himself I believe. Cannonball is outta his league. He might be able to hurt Ares in a battle where he is distracted and hits him from behind. But 1 vs 1 Its a man against a boy. Ares takes this with ease... "

It was She hulk wonder man Iron man Vision & the sentry & ironman also said he'd bring 6 more avengers for safe measure @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
that was stupid writing. Gambit and Danger themselves beat Ares. "

They did that while rogue was gonna die trying to absorb Ares god like powers ,so it wasn't straight up as Gambits cards had no effect on Ares when the fight first started as Ares would murder Gambit Danger & rogue 3 on 1 . .
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kallarkz
@HellionVulcan said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @HellionVulcan said:
" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
If a punch from Gladiator himself could not penetrate Sams field i doubt a weapon from Ares could who is much lower on the big boy list. "
A one time Pis move against Gladiator is all that was & are Gladiator punches Magical ? no its all 100% physical Ares magic gives him a better shot at getting through Sam's blast shield then gladiator punches will ever  . "
If you have some scans to show that Ares' magical weapons have the ability to penetrate any kind of force field whatsoever i would be more than glad to entertain the idea.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Edgeworth_11

@BarelyAverage:
Wasn't it Sentry who ripped Ares in half?

Cannonball takes this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Ares takes Sam down.

At 30 feet apart, Sam isn't going to be able to gain sufficient momentum to BFR him. Ares can easily physically restrain him (no movement=no blasting field) or use his axe.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Cannonball can fly away to pick up momentum, enough that could give Ares problems.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HellionVulcan
@Kallarkz said:
" @HellionVulcan said:
" @Kallarkz said:
" @HellionVulcan said:
" @madrid_san said:

" @HellionVulcan said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @madrid_san said:
"

"
A one time Pis move against Gladiator is all that was & are Gladiator punches Magical ? no its all 100% physical Ares magic gives him a better shot at getting through Sam's blast shield then gladiator punches will ever  . "
If you have some scans to show that Ares' magical weapons have the ability to penetrate any kind of force field whatsoever i would be more than glad to entertain the idea. "
Here is Ares Axe keeping open a Portal Eden says is Impossible as it would seems plausible Ares weapons could hurt Sam in Blast mode .

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kallarkz
@HellionVulcan said:
"
Here is Ares Axe keeping open a Portal Eden says is Impossible as it would seems plausible Ares weapons could hurt Sam in Blast mode .

"
Exactly what i was looking for. With this yes it would seem plausible that he could harm Sam. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Edgeworth_11 said:
"Cannonball can fly away to pick up momentum, enough that could give Ares problems. "

That'd also give Ares additional time to react to Sam's attacks.
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GhostRider29

I believe in Ares in this fight.