Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blood_guts

my inspiration of course is: 
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/04/jesus-vs-batman.jpg

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/29/batman-vs-jesus/

reading this not only made me laugh but also realize that a lot of heroes can in fact be compared to the Christian Jesus and not just in the case of morals.

I have made a set of challenges for your favorite character or characters (feel free to play more than once) in classic king Namor style (hats off to your doom fortress thread ( the one with 500 hundred lions? i would link but i cant remember the name anymore( more parenthesis)

no restrictions on where you take your character from. remember even though Jesus is a character in all those bible story comics you are not actually fighting him so you can pick anime/manga characters. try not to do a character someone else has already done however.

PLEASE SPECIFY HOW :D they would face each challenge. see   Jedi Wolverine 's post for example 

1. Can your character teach a monastery of monks anything important or interesting?

2. your character must kill or stop a man with 2,000 souls in him. his only feats are breaking the largest chains the nearby townspeople can produce and throwing boulders. your extra materials consist of 2,000 pigs.

3. Can your character cross a desert in 40 days or less with no water?

4. there is a lake in your characters path. can he or she cross it quicker than Jesus walking over the surface?

5. Jesus withered a fig tree. your character vs a tree.

6. your character is at a party. does he or she have any party tricks that can top turning water into wine?

7. you are in the garden of Gethsemane. can your man/woman fight off 10 roman soldiers? 5 start the fight holding onto him or her

8. Can your dude carry a huge wooden cross lets say.... 3 miles without dying of exhaustion?

9. Can your character survive being crucified and/or resurrect by any means faster than 3 days?

10. Your character is trapped in a tomb with the entrance blocked off by a two ton rock with two guards outside sleeping. what do?

11. what sacrifice has your character made that can compare to martyrdom?

remember your character doesn't have to beat every category.

anyone feel free to rate each others character's performance with a 1-5 on each challenge. i look forward to seeing what characters have the highest scores :D

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren
This guy laughs at you and then does all that with ease. 
This guy laughs at you and then does all that with ease. 
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Bugs Bunny.

Jedi Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jedi Wolverine

Was going to go for Zoom but he walks it all ..........

Bruce Lee then;

1. Can your character teach a monastery of monks anything important or interesting?

Bruce studied philosophy and will pass on his wisdoms.

2. your character must kill or stop a man with 2,000 souls in him. his only feats are breaking the largest chains the nearby townspeople can produce and throwing boulders. your extra materials consist of 2,000 pigs.

Bruce whips out his nun chucks and stomps the man.

Bruce had awesome endurance and willpower but this is a 50/50

4. there is a lake in your characters path. can he or she cross it quicker than Jesus walking over the surface?

Bruce fails here

Even with awesome conditioning Bruce would give it a good battering but the tree still stands lol

6. your character is at a party. does he or she have any party tricks that can top turning water into wine?

Bruce performs 1 finger and thumb push ups

7. you are in the garden of Gethsemane. can your man/woman fight off 10 roman soldiers? 5 start the fight holding onto him or her

If he manages to get some initial leverage then he has a small chance

8. Can your dude carry a huge wooden cross lets say.... 3 miles without dying of exhaustion?

Yes - Bruce ran for miles everyday and his endurance/stamina was incredible

9. Can your character survive being crucified and/or resurrect by any means faster than 3 days?

Nope

10. Your character is trapped in a tomb with the entrance blocked off by a two ton rock with two guards outside sleeping. what do?

Bruce couldnt do much here

Spent his life trying to perfect a style of martial art that would benefit all its practitioners and being a massive icon to many.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TifaLockhart

Ummm..... what?

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood_guts
@CitizenBane@TheCerealKillz:  cmon make it fun. specify how your hero could surpase each obstacle not just name someone. 

@Jedi Wolverine: nice job lol
Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Westlife

You know, this was funny, until they said batman was a MARVEL comic character, then I lost respect for the Jesusers. I still love Jesus more than batman though.

Ronald is pretty funny.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

Fine then: 

Lucifer's knowledge is greater than all the minds of Earth combined. 

Pffft. 

He'd just teleport across in an instant. 

Read above. 

Easiest thing in the world. Snaps his fingers and the tree is erased from existence.

How about turning the host into cocktails?

Destroys them with a thought.

He could hold it for 3 million miles without exhaustion.

This is where immortality proves to be useful.

Blasts it into space with a gesture. Or teleports out.

Helped Elaine Belloc become the new Presence and restored all of Creation to stability; gave away his powers and exiled himself within the void.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
Is this Jesus before or after he was crucified ?  
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

Can I use God?
BB

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By PikminMania
@Blood_guts: Samurai Jack FTW!

- He has years of experience and has trained with monks before

- Jack already killed something with way more souls in it

- Already has I'm pretty sure

- He can just jump over the water

- Cuts it in half

- Turns invisible

- Has fought off more than just 10

- Carried an extremely heavy boulder farther

- I think he could by meditating

Push the rock out of the tomb, and then throw the rock at the guards

- Jack spent his entire life training to stop a devil-like being

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to be honest there are a large number of characters that could beat him and do most if not all those things just to name a few Ghost Rider Sentry Superman Mephisto Galactus Blackheart Silver Surfer many others too Jesus is like Aquaman hes not as strong especially when hes the son of god.

So as a fictional Jesus is lame especially when you compare him with other characters.Jesus is more of a magician.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TifaLockhart

Seriously. This could turn ugly.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Only if you make it ugly. :p

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TifaLockhart

@InnerVenom123: You misunderstand. That wasn't a threat. There are 3 things that get ugly on messageboards and they are sex, politics, and religion.

I'm trying to nip any potential disasters in the bud.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: All three of those topics are discussed regularly in the Off-Topic forum*. I don't see how it could erupt here in the Battle forum unless someone deliberately started something.

*Okay, well, sex not so much, but politics and religion-- hell yes.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blood_guts
@Westlife said:

You know, this was funny, until they said batman was a MARVEL comic character, then I lost respect for the Jesusers. I still love Jesus more than batman though.

Ronald is pretty funny.

ronald was good at it too. i dont think i could pull that much stuff out of my @ss about any comic character. my fav might just be wolverine but his origin is poo in my eyes and i couldnt think of such a good sacrifice for anyone but maybe iron man. at least amoung my top favorites 

@InnerVenom123 said:

Only if you make it ugly. :p

yeah lets keep it as pretty as we can :) 

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Well to be honest there are a large number of characters that could kick his ass and do most if not all those things just to name a few Ghost Rider Sentry Superman Mephisto Galactus Blackheart Silver Surfer many others too Jesus is like Aquaman hes pretty lame especially when hes the son of god.

So as a fictional Jesus is lame especially when you compare him with other characters.Jesus is more of a carnival sideshow or magician.

the question is not so much "can they" but how interesting and funny your alternate jesus's solutions can be. :P 

@King Saturn said:
Is this Jesus before or after he was crucified ?  
not fighting him lol 

@Billy Batson said:

Can I use God?
BB

i give that a good -_- but go ahead if it will make you happy. although a learned man could argue that because of the holy trinity god (christian) is jesus.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TifaLockhart

There are those who would find it very offensive, and would be far more confrontational than I am being. I'm not justifying their reactions, but this is a touchy subject.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Doctor Who.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Billy Batson

@Blood_guts said:

i give that a good -_- but go ahead if it will make you happy. although a learned man could argue that because of the holy trinity god (christian) is jesus.

Usually see them as separate beings.
BB

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kadeem

@Billy Batson said:

@Blood_guts said:

BB

Jesus is part of God, but not God in his entirety. If God and Jesus were perfectly interchangeable Jesus could have not died on the cross.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TifaLockhart

I disagree. I view Jesus as God, hence, the Christ in Christian.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kadeem

He is God but only in a portion. Think of Jesus as being an avatar of Yaweh, that's his place in the trinity. If God came to Earth as his regular all powerful self he would not have been able be among humanity and die for our sins as the bible depicts.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree to disagree.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Void_Paladin

I'm surprised the site allows things like this...I'm honestly quite offended.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Void_Paladin: Sorry, man. I agree that it's not cool to disrespect someone's God for the sake of a cheap laugh.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@kadeem said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Blood_guts said:

BB

Jesus is part of God, but not God in his entirety. If God and Jesus were perfectly interchangeable Jesus could have not died on the cross.

Jesus died on the cross for a reason, he did not have to, he did it for mankind, and he had the power to resurrect to prove that his death was something he just went along with
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MutenRoshi

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TifaLockhart

Bad form.

AquaDCman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By AquaDCman

This tread is spite. Talking about the Christian Jesus. He is god and can do anything. There's nothing you would be able to do.

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By supermandefender
@kadeem said:

He is God but only in a portion. Think of Jesus as being an avatar of Yaweh, that's his place in the trinity. If God came to Earth as his regular all powerful self he would not have been able be among humanity and die for our sins as the bible depicts.

As quoted from the bible. Jesus is the son of god, the son of man. Jesus has stated many times that God is the father. As well as he has stated that he is the way to the Lord. That he is the Lord. When he describes himself as the lord himself he is saying that he is the way to the lord but not meaning he is the father himself. Jesus also had a choice because he was tempted by the devil. I think where ppl think he is god is a common misconception. He is the way to the Lord. His believes are the way. Follow him in love and you will have eternal life. Learn to forgive as he forgives you. Dont judge or you shal be judged.  ect ect.  

Alot of the misconception could be because after his death he becomes one with god in heaven. Jesus is our God. Because he is our way to the lord. I hope i cleared it up. :)
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm not going to argue, but I still stand firm in my belief that Jesus wasn't lying when he said he is the alpha and the omega.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kadeem

@AquaDCman said:

This tread is spite. Talking about the Christian Jesus. He is god and can do anything. There's nothing you would be able to do.

There are a number of Christian theologians such as Soren Kierkegaard and Thomas Aquinas that believe that Jesus wasn't as powerful as his father God. Its not Christ's ability to kick ass that gives him value to his believers, but his teachings and offering a path to salvation that gives him value to his believers. Saying "X" character can beat Jesus in a fight is no more disrespectful to Christians than saying that Galactus can beat Martin Luther King in a fight is disrespectful to people who agree with Martin Luther King. Galactus being able to defeat MLK in a hypothetical battle doesn't devalue MLK's accomplishments in any way.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TifaLockhart

It may not feel like a big deal to you personally, but to have the guy I worship as God Himself called "pretty lame" and "fictional" and "a carnival sideshow or magician" and said to not be omnipotent is very offensive to me. Imagine if someone said smack about your God.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By InnerVenom123

It may not feel like a big deal to you personally, but to have the guy I worship as God Himself called "pretty lame" and "fictional" and "a carnival sideshow or magician" and said to not be omnipotent is very offensive to me. Imagine if someone said smack about your God.

Thor's got a hammer. He can take care of himself.

No Caption Provided

No but really. If the thread offends you so, just flag it and move on. You're only making more people view it by staying and posting.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

oo Zombie Jesus Raptor Jesus God Satan Basement Cat The Serpent an Worthy Friedrich Nietche

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kadeem

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Part of life is there will always be people with very different views then your own. Even by practicing your own faith you may be offending people that belong to a contradicting faith tradition. Some Jews and Muslims for instance may be offended because they see Christians worshiping Jesus and they perceive it as idolatry. You certainly should have the right to practice you religion and express its views, but you probably wouldn't like it if someone told you to stop doing so because they said it was offensive to them. If people are intentionally being malicious that not acceptable, but if they are just sharing some views I say live and let live.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By progenitorigin

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@progenitor said:

Huh, never saw that coming.  

@ this thread   lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TifaLockhart

I wish there was a "like" button so I could like Progenitor's post.

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Andras

Killer Croc 

Dare I say more people, dare I say more :p

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus

Umm Silver Surfer yep

:P

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Phylos

Avatar image for chapulincolorado
chapulincolorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By chapulincolorado

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHAPULIN COLORADO IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS IN THE UNIVERSE AND NOBODY TALKS ABOUT HIM I WISH YOU ALL GO TO HELL CHAPULIN MAKE ME YOURS!!!!!!!!!!

CodeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By CodeSaint
Vishnu.
Vishnu.
Rama
Rama
Krishna
Krishna
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blood_guts

STOP IT! IM NOT EVEN DONE READING THE SECOND PAGE AND PEOPLE ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT IS GOING ON! 

*ahem* pick a character and say how he can rival or fail or whatever he would do in the place of jesus. also i would like to emphasize 

NO ONE IS FIGHTING JESUS SO STOP SAYING SPITE.  

please read the op :D 

also not really in the op but could people explain how their character could solve the problems @progenitor: especially wesker lol this shd be good

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By jhazzroucher

Sounds like Storm can do it too.

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordStoop

Krishna is indeed a good one.

For all you Christians take a little look at his story. You might be surprised.

And then know that Krishna was born before Jesus.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Saren
@LordStoop: I believe they're talking about the comic version of Krishna. 

Though as an Indian, I can say Krishna has some absolutely ridiculous feats that put Jesus to shame. Containing the universe inside himself, killing demons as a baby and so on.