#1 Edited by Thanofleeze (2395 posts) - - Show Bio

So let's look at some scenarios where the Professor is able to defeat Victor Von Doom.

Scenario A: They both meet for the first time. Morals off for both.

Scenario B: Xavier has 24 hours prep time. Doom has none. Morals on.

Scenario C: Xavier has Cerebro and detects Doom entering the mansion. No prep for either.

Scenario D: Xavier as Juggernaut from the What If series. Doom knows about Cyttorak and its powers.

Scenario E: Doom raids the mansion and is confronted by Xavier, Jean Grey (no PF) and Emma Frost

Scenario F: Xavier has 1 week prep. Doom has Magneto's helmet on.

#2 Posted by DarkRaiden (6383 posts) - - Show Bio

No he can't. Doom has far too much willpower and mental defenses.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

no

#4 Posted by MisterWhisper (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario A: Xavier is kind of useless against Doom. Doom has his suits ridiculous shields on top of his fanatical willpower.

Scenario B: Same thing. Charles is not really a prep expert, nor does he have great resources to prep with.

Scenario C: If Doom is walking into the X-Mansion, he has already prepped. On the random chance that his arrogance has gotten the better of him, like it has in the past, and he just walked in he would still have very little to worry about.

Scenario D: Doom might get dented a little but I am sure he can pull of something in the magical department to break the connection, to shut him down.

Scenario E: Jean's TK might be an issue but again Doom does not walk into that kind of situation without the right gear and plan.

Scenario F: Same as most of the other situations.

Read up on people before you make a fight.

Also if you actually read comic books with Magneto in it you would know that Magneto's helmet has nothing to do with mental defense, that is just in the movies.

#5 Posted by Dratini1331 (6902 posts) - - Show Bio

No he can't. Doom has far too much willpower and mental defenses.

#6 Edited by Thanofleeze (2395 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: And the cartoons =P

Ok thanks for the lesson on Doom's badassery guys =)

#7 Posted by Bones309 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Also if you actually read comic books with Magneto in it you would know that Magneto's helmet has nothing to do with mental defense, that is just in the movies.

I don't think you're 100% right on this. While Magneto does have very high mental defenses, his helmet did still protect him from Professor X's very high end mental powers.

#8 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: And the cartoons =P

Ok thanks for the lesson on Doom's badassery guys =)

Eh, don't be so sure. Charlie is a lot more powerful than people seem to give him credit for. He'll fail if Doom comes prepped, but I can see him taking a few wins - I mean, willpower =/= telepathic immunity.

#9 Posted by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: He specifically made the scenario without prep. Don't say "that wouldn't happen without this happening". Doom doesn't have prep. Period. Saying that was seriously just...dumb.

#10 Posted by Dextersinister (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@misterwhisper said:

I don't think you're 100% right on this. While Magneto does have very high mental defenses, his helmet did still protect him from Professor X's very high end mental powers.

That was added because of the movies or at the very least was originally the case. Magneto's helmet doesn't always grant protection, he did simply resist with his willpower, even resisting mental attacks that Xavier could not.

Charles could possibly beat him, Doom has mental problems that can be exploited, depends on how the writer feels.

#11 Posted by xlab3000 (3114 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by MisterWhisper (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: He specifically made the scenario without prep. Don't say "that wouldn't happen without this happening". Doom doesn't have prep. Period. Saying that was seriously just...dumb.

Which is why if you actually read the next sentence I pointed out what would happen without prep.

I was more pointing out the flaws in the fight itself.

#13 Posted by Darkbiscuit (689 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: "Jean's TK might be an issue but again Doom does not walk into that kind of situation without the right gear and plan."

Nothing there. Also no need for it in the first place. There is no "flaws" here. It is a hypothetical battle. That's like going to a Supes vs Thor thread and saying "DC and Marvel would have to cross over for this to happen and that is a very rare occasion/unlikely to happen."

#14 Edited by Schmalzel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

While it can go Dooms way with prep isn't a "no morals" Xavier pretty much Onslaught and I don't think that Doom is taking on Onslaught without prep and winning.

#15 Edited by MisterWhisper (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkbiscuit said:

@darkbiscuit said:

@misterwhisper:

"Jean's TK might be an issue but again Doom does not walk into that kind of situation without the right gear and plan."

Nothing there. Also no need for it in the first place. There is no "flaws" here. It is a hypothetical battle. That's like going to a Supes vs Thor thread and saying "DC and Marvel would have to cross over for this to happen and that is a very rare occasion/unlikely to happen."

Your first comment was on the scenario with no prep, which I mentioned what would happen without prep.

Your second comment was based on Scenario E.

Scenario E: Doom raids the mansion and is confronted by Xavier, Jean Grey (no PF) and Emma Frost

It says Doom "raids" the mansion, raids are planned. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together here...

Also your comment about DC and Marvel crossover has absolutely nothing to do with the current fight or any comments in it.

#16 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (37956 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM ENDURES!

#18 Posted by Schmalzel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM ENDURES!

That doesn't show he can take a nor morals (Onslaught most likely level) Xavier with no prep. Xaviers morals are what keeps him, well Xavier and not Onslaught.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (37956 posts) - - Show Bio

@schmalzel: You think Doom be fazed by the likes of Xavier?

The worst of men know better than to cross DOOM. Gods know better!

#20 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Xavier at his prime could put Doom down.

#21 Posted by Schmalzel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@schmalzel: You think Doom be fazed by the likes of Xavier?

The worst of men know better than to cross DOOM. Gods know better!

If a no morals Xavier meant Onslaught and Doom had no prep (even with prep it wouldn't be a Doom Victory I feel)

#22 Edited by Bones309 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309 said:

@misterwhisper said:

That was added because of the movies or at the very least was originally the case. Magneto's helmet doesn't always grant protection, he did simply resist with his willpower, even resisting mental attacks that Xavier could not.

Charles could possibly beat him, Doom has mental problems that can be exploited, depends on how the writer feels.

As I said, Magneto does have very high mental defenses…but there have been issues that stated his helmet wasn't just a fashion statement.

As for Doom, between his personal will power and his mystical training…it would seem out of character to have Charles mess with his mind.

#23 Posted by sophia89 (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr doom in every scenario.

tp wont help Charles at all.

#24 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...what would @sc say....

These are fictional characters, so the writers could take whatever liberties they want to establish a win for either of these characters. What matters to writers is the story they are trying to establish, not necessarily who would actually win between these characters. If it served the plot for Charles to win, then so be it. If it served the plot for Doom to win, then so be it.

#amidoinitrite?

#25 Posted by kgb725 (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

Very few beings can give Doom trouble in any scenario the professor isnt one

#26 Posted by loplopool (495 posts) - - Show Bio

That's true but onslaught is a being which doom would find it very hard to live against

#27 Posted by RogueShadow (9750 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think X wins any of these, maybe B, as long as Doom is literally wiped clean of any info on Xavier, otherwise Doom will have pre-prepped for it, he's prepped for pretty much everybody on Earth.

#28 Posted by SC (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: Heh heh, that does sound like something I would say. ^_^. As a general comparison in combat effectiveness against each other I would probably give Doom the edge though as well. As much for writer attitude and intent, characterization of both characters and respective roles in respective stories. I'd love to see a public debate between the two though.

#29 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@hart7668: Heh heh, that does sound like something I would say. ^_^. As a general comparison in combat effectiveness against each other I would probably give Doom the edge though as well. As much for writer attitude and intent, characterization of both characters and respective roles in respective stories. I'd love to see a public debate between the two though.

I would probably give Doom the edge in these as well.

#30 Posted by Jmarshmallow (3266 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight really depends on who's writing it. Xavier at his prime could handle Doom IMO. Dooms a little messed up in the head, he could definitely be taken advantage of.

Jmarshmallow