Can wolverine beat spiderman?

• 51 results
jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spiderman's main way of beating logan is via web incap. However, if spiderman has no webbing in a no prep fight to the death or KO, could logan take the win?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Noone301994

Nope.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_red_viper  Moderator

I think Logan is fast and skilled enough to tag Peter eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he can.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

their on the same page one can beat the other

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible? Sure. But Spider-Man would win more often than not.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say he can, but not the majority. Peter's just too fast, too strong, too agile, and that spider-sense on top of it makes Spiderman ridiculous. Fast and strong is all well and good, but combine it with near pre-cog and Parker's brutal. If it's jokester Spidey and bloodlusted Wolverine, than it's perhaps a different story. I don't want to low-ball Logan, he can take some fights... but on the average Spidey should win the majority. Wolverine's been knocked out plenty of times and Parker has the skillset to do it. Make it a bloodlusted Spiderman though and it stops even being a contest. He's fast and strong enough to grab Wolverine's arms and force Logan to stab himself.

SenseiGrimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mohammed417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan can just stab Spider-Man, and he's dead. Wolverine took on sabre tooth, lady deathstrike, fing fang foom, and others. Wolverine wins

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Without webs, Spider-Man is toast.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mohammed417: You make it sound like just stabbing Spiderman is a simple thing. If it is, I call PIS. That's not how Spiderman rolls sir.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope

mohammed417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is nothing without his webs. I believe wolverine could win this.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGrayGhost

Not really ,based on feats

Definitely , based on popularity, as we are about to see in this thread

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mohammed417: you forgot he has super srength, speed, and agility..

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine isnt getting any type of majority over spidey

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman could probably just KO him. He's faster, stronger, and has pre cog. A non jobbing Spidey just stomps him into the ground until he stops moving. If he moved again, stomp some more.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done a billion times already.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way spider-man can win is suffocating Logan for a 10 KO.

He has the agility and strength to pin and choke Logan. His precog and speed advantage.

This of course is easier said than done.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He definitely can

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's quite close spiderman is just a bit to fast its like 54% Wolverine wins 56% spiderman wins.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85: A battle so awesome it's 110%?!

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can he? Yes. However, Spidey has manhandled Wolverine before. There's too much of a speed/strength gap for Wolverine to overcome with skill and raw aggression on any sort of consisrent basis.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batbro15: yes i mean't to do that my maths is not awfull!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is it possible? Sure. But Spider-Man would win more often than not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really ,based on feats

Definitely , based on popularity, as we are about to see in this thread

Your first line doesn't make much sense, wolverine has gotten close to/tagged spidey quite a lot (without his claws out)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Can he? Yes

Will he take a majority in any fight? I'd wager no.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By christianrapper

spiderman usually beats wolive kind of easy. even in the graveyard fight, spidey had the edge. he just couldn't snap logan's neck.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94 said:

Spiderman's main way of beating logan is via web incap. However, if spiderman has no webbing in a no prep fight to the death or KO, could logan take the win?

when you have to nerf a character to make it a fair fact, you know that character is out classed. spidey is much faster and stronger than wolvie. those web powers make him SPIDERman. what if they fought without wolvie's healing claws? i like both of these characters. however, spidey has too many advantages for wolvie to overcome.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: And Spiderman has one shotted Logan as an afterthought when not reaaly trying... otherwise left him in an alley with his claws webbed to his head if you want to go into " performances against each other" here

Lots of people have been able to "tag" Spiderman , who shouldn't otherwise be able to. How fast do you think the likes of hmm...Tombstone are do you think?

This doesnt really prove anything other than the age old trope of faster characters being jobbed out. Which brings me to the " first part" of my argument. Spiderman has otherwise reacted to bullets fired behind him and gotten out of the way , well after they are airborne, he has done the bullet timing thing multiple times , heck he has even blitzed people who otherwise do this even more consistently than himself ( Daredevil) . Yet when he ends up facing say...the Punisher , dude forgets that he can and has reacted to bullets after they are fired because its Frank Goddamn Castle. Should we treat these kind of feats as valid then?

Logan's signature move is to...end up getting shot by bullets as far as that goes. Even when he actually remembers his speed , dude's best feats are eh peak human-ish with " reacts faster than mooks can see" stuff. His performances against a variety of peak humans consistently over the years, Black Panther , Cap, Barnes etc show the same. His perfomances against bullet timers, when they are not getting jobbed out ( Danny, Shang, Matt, Elektra) involve being treated as something akin to a joke

The main argument though, is that Logan hasnt shown anywhere close to Peters speed on a consistent basis by feats not involving jobbing faster people and as such would get a hole punched through him in a fight to the death,

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman can't heal from getting pierced in the heart

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazymadman90: Actually Pete does have a fairly decent healing factor, not that he needs it here though, given Logan isnt going to tag him, ever

More specifically? If you wanna go there? since its a fight to the death

Fight begins. Spidey punches a hole through him. Depending on where writer of the day wants Logans healing factor operating at , that might be that or not.

No matter. He does what Cap did and crushes the tendons. Thats the claws useless right there. After that he just strangles him to get past the HF

Actually the fight' s reaally unlikely to go on that long. A pissed off spidey punches people *through* tarmac. Its probably one , two shots max for Logan

CRAZYMADMAN90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: If he can tag Thor why can't he tag Spiderman .Spiderman may win 9/10 out of times but he can't permanently kill Wolverine . If wolverine stabs him once Spiderman dies

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazymadman90: Thor....isnt exactly the fastest dude around

He cant tag Spiderman because he hasnt got the feats to tag Spiderman. If we are going by that logic Spidey has tagged the Silver Surfer who has on panel feats of *fighting* at FTL speeds. How many times FTL do you think Spiderman is then?

Also, no , I don't even think *one* stab is enough to kill him

caburnette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine had a century of battle harden skills. That Peter just doesn't have. Peter would have to rely heavily on his agility and spidy sense. Which would mean that it would come down to stamina, because eventually Peter is going to run out of web fluid because he can only carry so much with him. Plus It coasts a ton to make it. So because of his healing factor assuming he's not berserk it would take time but I am giving this one to wolverine, I mean James, or is it Logan.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jay_z94

@jay_z94: And Spiderman has one shotted Logan as an afterthought when not reaaly trying... otherwise left him in an alley with his claws webbed to his head if you want to go into " performances against each other" here

Lots of people have been able to "tag" Spiderman , who shouldn't otherwise be able to. How fast do you think the likes of hmm...Tombstone are do you think?

This doesnt really prove anything other than the age old trope of faster characters being jobbed out. Which brings me to the " first part" of my argument. Spiderman has otherwise reacted to bullets fired behind him and gotten out of the way , well after they are airborne, he has done the bullet timing thing multiple times , heck he has even blitzed people who otherwise do this even more consistently than himself ( Daredevil) . Yet when he ends up facing say...the Punisher , dude forgets that he can and has reacted to bullets after they are fired because its Frank Goddamn Castle. Should we treat these kind of feats as valid then?

Logan's signature move is to...end up getting shot by bullets as far as that goes. Even when he actually remembers his speed , dude's best feats are eh peak human-ish with " reacts faster than mooks can see" stuff. His performances against a variety of peak humans consistently over the years, Black Panther , Cap, Barnes etc show the same. His perfomances against bullet timers, when they are not getting jobbed out ( Danny, Shang, Matt, Elektra) involve being treated as something akin to a joke

The main argument though, is that Logan hasnt shown anywhere close to Peters speed on a consistent basis by feats not involving jobbing faster people and as such would get a hole punched through him in a fight to the death,

i was just saying, i know that spidey would take the majority and is obviously faster. However i think you're lowballing logan by saying his best speed feats are peak human... He is known as having superhuman speed.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost:

Actually Pete does have a fairly decent healing factor, not that he needs it here though, given Logan isnt going to tag him, ever

You realize Logan nearly one-shotted Kaine who is physically superior to Peter, right? I'm pretty sure Peter himself has said the difference in speed between the two is minimal. Saying Logan's not going to tag him at all, when he's done so in the past is ridiculous.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@jay_z94: Superhuman by our standards. Peak human by comic standards. Batman can, without looking , slice arrows fired behind him in half with a batarang in pitch black night, when shot by people who otherwise treat physics as something to be scoffed at to the extent of *bouncing* regular pointy arrows off * cars* and concrete

Thats still only a peak human feat

In fact while we are about it, Batman and Captain America veerrry late in their respective characters actually do pull off bullet time stuff like punching away bullets, and while thats hardly any kind of consistent or usable feat for them, I dont recall Logan even doing this for him to be considered anything more than peak human

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: Which is really inconsistent with what we've been shown, and I don't even think he was close to being one shotted just hurt. Peter on the other hand has one shot Logan...

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@imperfect_cell: And Spiderman has , actually one shotted Logan while we are about it. Peter sure talks a lot of bullsh**t about people he otherwise stomps when not even trying

Wolverine sure tags lots of people faster than him that he shouldnt and has otherwise gotten owned by when said characters are not jobbing out

You know...just to pick one of those, Logan has tagged Quicksilver. How far into the multi mach range do you figure Logan is?

And then tell me how many times FTL Pete is , given he has " tagged" Surfer

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4 said:

@imperfect_cell: Which is really inconsistent with what we've been shown, and I don't even think he was close to being one shotted just hurt. Peter on the other hand has one shot Logan...

It's inconsistent with the 1 fight against Kaine where they fought evenly? Or with the other instances of Logan fighting people in Spidey's level evenly? Know what is inconsistent? Logan being one-shotted by Peter when Logan has been able to casually withstand blows from vastly stronger foes than Peter.

@imperfect_cell: And Spiderman has , actually one shotted Logan while we are about it. Peter sure talks a lot of bullsh**t about people he otherwise stomps when not even trying

Wolverine sure tags lots of people faster than him that he shouldnt and has otherwise gotten owned by when said characters are not jobbing out

You know...just to pick one of those, Logan has tagged Quicksilver. How far into the multi mach range do you figure Logan is?

And then tell me how many times FTL Pete is , given he has " tagged" Surfer

1. See above.
  2. If he's tagged that many people, had speed feats on par with Spider-Man, etc & all of this being consistent, why are you saying he can't touch Peter?
  3. Now you're just being idiotic.
TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@imperfect_cell:

1. It sure is woefully inconsistent for you to talk about " withstanding blows from stronger opponents " as some sort of marker of ....anything, given this is something

a) every street leveller does

b) every street leveller lacks feats for surviving, based on what they get hurt by on a consistent basis

In fact while we are about it, simple question. Does Wolverine get pierced by bullets, yes or no? What then have you got to say about his " withstanding blows" from say....umm the Hulk? The Hulk hits less harder than bullets then?

Remember healing factor =/= durability

2. So since we are going by that logic, how many times FTL then is Spiderman? Batman? Anything?

They sure have lots of feats of tagging FTL people as opposed to what they struggle to deal with on a consistent basis , and despite having no FTL feats of their own

With Logan, its actually much simpler. He only needs multiple consistent feats for dodging bullets after they are fired , consistently from the beginning of his career like say...hmm Daredevil , yknow the dude who humiliated him + multiple hand ninjas when surprise attacked, for him tagging Spiderman to be valid

Otherwise sure , Green Arrow has tagged and beaten down Batman despite

a) having nowhere near the speed feats outside of jobbing out the faster dude

b) a prior history of being treated like a joke by the faster dude

So I guess by your logic Ollie totally beats Bruce. And in an extension of that, Bruce totally beats Wally

3. This is you, simply refusing to accept the consequences of your own logic, when applied consistently and impartially

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost:

1. It sure is woefully inconsistent for you to talk about " withstanding blows from stronger opponents " as some sort of marker of ....anything, given this is something

a) every street leveller does

b) every street leveller lacks feats for surviving, based on what they get hurt by on a consistent basis

In fact while we are about it, simple question. Does Wolverine get pierced by bullets, yes or no? What then have you got to say about his " withstanding blows" from say....umm the Hulk? The Hulk hits less harder than bullets then?

Now you're taking two different types of damage/durability to make a point & it's not working. Wolverine's skin & muscle are pierced by bullets. That''s not the same as his Adamantium skeleton allowing him to take hits from the Hulk.

Remember healing factor =/= durability

I know.

2. So since we are going by that logic, how many times FTL then is Spiderman? Batman? Anything?

You're not really grasping the concept.

They sure have lots of feats of tagging FTL people as opposed to what they struggle to deal with on a consistent basis , and despite having no FTL feats of their own

*Rolls eyes*

With Logan, its actually much simpler. He only needs multiple consistent feats for dodging bullets after they are fired , consistently from the beginning of his career like say...hmm Daredevil , yknow the dude who humiliated him + multiple hand ninjas when surprise attacked, for him tagging Spiderman to be valid

So when you're trying to point out jobbing, you decide to use more jobbing for your case. What about Logan filleting automatic gunfire at close range? That good enough to say he can as so much as scratch Peter?

Otherwise sure , Green Arrow has tagged and beaten down Batman despite

a) having nowhere near the speed feats outside of jobbing out the faster dude

b) a prior history of being treated like a joke by the faster dude

Lol, Ollie actually has comparable speed feats.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

So I guess by your logic Ollie totally beats Bruce. And in an extension of that, Bruce totally beats Wally

That's not what "my logic" is. Tagging someone who is comparable in speed (Logan & Peter) but still faster isn't a fallacy. Tagging someone who is massively faster is.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: Sure I don't see why it's not. Peter has consistently held the strength and speed department against Logan, one fight with Kaine (who isn't Peter) doesn't change this. Funny you bring up Logan fighting people in Spidey's weight class when Peter isn't the one fighting guys like Cap. America, Punisher or Daredevil and having difficulties almost everytime. (You're probably going to bring up Spidey's fights with these guys which is understandable but when you do just know there's a crap ton of context behind them.)