Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Can we actually get a reasonable weight class for galan

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It seems the tier and placing people have for Galan is all over the place ranging from multi galaxy to universal to multiversal even (this does not include galan with the nullifier)so I made this thread to get an accurate deduction of Galans overall prowess and decipher why he's feats are always so divided.

AndreyS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Universal level or low multiversal

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be universal I'm, but he varies too much from writer to writer to have a set class. Definitely above skyfather though.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
    Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Galan from Nanatsu no Taizai(7DS)?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Batman-13

He is Universal+, in his battle with Other and Scrier he nearly destroyed the Multiverse, in his battle with Mesphisto he nearly destroyed the Universe, he has also stalemated Agamotto in his realm, he fought 4 Celestials simultaneously, and he virtually defeated the In-betweener.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will never be the definitive thread man, please try harder. You didn't even post a single feat or opinion yourself. Pointless, this will go nowhere.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Helicoprion

@gurban said:

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: I didn't make this to sound deep or meaningful just did it to get a legit feat of galan to gauge him accurately as let the truth be out my knowledge on him is very limited.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helicoprion: galactus low multiversal how what how can he struggle with Odin and such.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawnone: Galactus power varies a lot depending on how much he is fed.

At average he should be universal+/low multiversal based on his feats with Scrier and Other. Also he can grow strong enough to easily beat celstials by eating more (I personally consider 4 planet fed Galactus to be equal to Adult Franklin but that's opinable). Conversely if he does not feed he can grow low enough to be beat by mortals or matched by skyfathers. A huge factor in this is that how often he has to feed is dependant on Abraxas, the being he keeps sealed and whose struggle against the seal means that he sometimes has a few weeks before he absolutely needs to feed, sometimes it takes a few days.

Avatar image for masterofluck123
    MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the writers and how hungry he is.

There was once Galactus became weak from so much hunger he could be beaten by the Hulk. When mid-fed he should be multi galaxy level. Fully fed, he has been stated to be equal to Eternity so there's that.

Of course, it depends on the writers as well. Since Marvel has hundreds of writers Galactus can become inconsistent. Stan Lee once said whoever wins simply depends on who the writer likes best.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the writers and how hungry he is.

There was once Galactus became weak from so much hunger he could be beaten by the Hulk. When mid-fed he should be multi galaxy level. Fully fed, he has been stated to be equal to Eternity so there's that.

Of course, it depends on the writers as well. Since Marvel has hundreds of writers Galactus can become inconsistent. Stan Lee once said whoever wins simply depends on who the writer likes best.

This. This is perfect.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes we can. I think light heavyweight (195 - 220 lb) must be good.

On a serios note, I'd put a well fed galactus multi-galaxy + to low universal level. Hungry & starving galactus is as strong (weak) as plot needs. Fully fed galactus therotically will be universal+ to multiversal level.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gurban said:

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#17 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Galactus is established as a universal level character, at least where comics definitions are concerned. He has the ablity to manipulate reality, matter and energy on a near infinite scale. He's only even questioned because so many times lazy writers use him as a measuring stick to boost other heroes or villains.

If we are talking battle forum nonsense, I'm not so sure he could "bust" the universe in one attack. I'm thinking he could more likely cause a chain reaction by disrupting space-time or tearing walls between dimensions. Multiple galaxies were destroyed in his original battle with Tyrant, it is stated, but there's a lot left in the air with what information we were given.

Obviously he can destroy the universe with the UN, but then again, so can anyone else who has it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.