#1 Posted by mca38 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

this is overmonitor's feats:

There is revealed that the Monitor himself was nothing but a probe sent by an unseen, yet powerful being, an Overmonitor, the Original Monitor, an incorporeal and unfathomable being of limitless imagination who became aware of the concept of stories by stumbling upon the original Multiverse. Willing to understand it fully, he fashioned a probe allowing him to interact with the budding Universes. However, corrupted by the sheer complexity of Multiverse, the probe was split into two symmetrical and complementary beings: the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor, a being of pure good and a being of pure evil battling one against the other as told in the Crisis on Infinite Earth.

so the anti-monitor was merely a probe he sends, which was able to beat spectre, the right hand of god.

it is said that presence = the combine power luicifer and michael. how would anti-monitor's power compare one of the angel. is it possible to use this to do an estimate on where the over-monitor is in the food chain of DC universe?

#2 Posted by kagetaicho (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dont think so. The Pressence I believe is DC's equivalent of Marvel's One above all.

#3 Posted by Primebonnick (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

look man DC power structure is messed up in many ways ok. The Spectre has lost to people by right he shouldn't have and the presence himself in divided into several aspects all of which are top tier in power ranking i.e Great Evil Beast, The Source, The voice, The word, The hand all are him but seem to have a conscience of their own so it hard to tell. Over monitor could be just the same or maybe even his body but until its cleared up The Presence is top dog in DCU and vertigo

#4 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could be since Spectre during his fight with anti-monitor had apparently seen things even his master(Pressence) hadn't. so if overmonitor>>>>>>>>>>>>>Antimonitor he could be above Pressence too.
#5 Posted by Mackeja (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd believe it

#6 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

Primal Monitor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Presence

The fact that there's something more powerful than the Presence means it's much less than equivalent to Marvel's TOAA, and GEB is tremendously overrated by default.

#7 Posted by TheUltimateSurvivor (840 posts) - - Show Bio
I think he could be.
#8 Edited by lordraiden (6957 posts) - - Show Bio

There's absolutely nothing to validate that he is above The Presence.  There's just not enough known outside of a few lines about this supposed overmonitor, that's never been seen or mentioned since.

#9 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

The presence is the most powerful entity in the whole dc multi universe....The Presence is the all-powerful invincible incarnation of the Abrahamic God in the DC Universe and is omnipotent, omniscient, omniversal, and omnipresent. Different stories portray it as being the "creator of the DC universe" and thus transcending all things, with the Presence itself being its representation within creation.]

anti monitor and prime monitor is wipe out in a second...case closed.

@mca38 ..nonsense...michael will bitch slap overmonitor while chatting with lucifer while laughing so hard about it...where did u get this concept of lucifer+michael = the presence...nonsense...read up...before posting a forum..case closed...The spectre will handle your over monitor..if the presence's wills it...full amp spectre murder stomps overmonitor..case close..

#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@kagetaicho: @kidthunder:

Tell that to the GEB that caused it problems, and how elaine belloc replaced the Presence

#11 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

id say the presence is above the primal monitor, or they are equal.

#12 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: how there be equal..???dc has not stated it,..and presence is the no 1 power in dc multiuniverse!! ,...who is id?..@nerx what u mean?geb?...great evil beast..yeah the darkness of the presence..i know,,what problems and how can anyone replace the presence..explain bro..this i must know...thank you

#13 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: how there be equal..???dc has not stated it,..and presence is the no 1 power in dc multiuniverse!! ,...who is id?..@nerx what u mean?geb?...great evil beast..yeah the darkness of the presence..i know,,what problems and how can anyone replace the presence..explain bro..this i must know...thank you

Grant Morrison created a cosmology of his own, it is stated there was only the primal monitor at the beginning and then came the multiverse (which is literally a dot compared to the primal monitor). and IIRC he stated in an interview that primal monitor is God (though i can't recall if this is true, i'll look it up)

#14 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: so he created a cosmology of his own..not dc cosmology yes?i definitely agree the presence is way way way above this over monitor,.,,quote from @lordraiden There's absolutely nothing to validate that he is above The Presence. There's just not enough known outside of a few lines about this supposed overmonitor, that's never been seen or mentioned since. and primal monitor is god??....comon man a probe against the God we know...out of context here,...even u know this is untrue and ridiculous..

#15 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

What is presence is the prime monitor in secret? :D

#16 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: so he created a cosmology of his own..not dc cosmology yes?i definitely agree the presence is way way way above this over monitor,.,,quote from @lordraiden There's absolutely nothing to validate that he is above The Presence. There's just not enough known outside of a few lines about this supposed overmonitor, that's never been seen or mentioned since. and primal monitor is god??....comon man a probe against the God we know...out of context here,...even u know this is untrue and ridiculous..

what do you mean not DC? it was in the Superman Beyond issue 1. and no it's not out of context, everything i said is true about the primal/over monitor.

#17 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I agree with you on that or the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity.

#18 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I agree with you on that or the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity.

no way, the multiverse is a dot compared to it, multi-eternity is the multiverse, so multi-eternity would be a dot compared to the over monitor.

#19 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Well the reason I said that the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity because I read someone say that the multivese is inside the Over-Monitor so I thought nabby the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity.

#20 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Well the reason I said that the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity because I read someone say that the multivese is inside the Over-Monitor so I thought nabby the Over-Monitor could be DC's version of Multi-Eternity.

it is inside it, but it is so small, that it's infinitesimal compared to the over monitor.

#21 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder: God needs to do fusion dance to become omnipotent before leaving, go figure

#22 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

By definition, no power in DC can beat presence because he created DC. Overmonitor might be on par with PR beyonder, but only supreme beings equal supreme beings. GEB is an exception, he also would've been created by TOAA, who was mentioned to have created presence. We assume that was TOAA, because presence has superior(s) but TOAA doesn't by definition.

#23 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence reminds me of the creator/writer while the Over monitor is the paper on which the creator/writes frames everything.

#24 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: So what you are trying to imply is that Overmonitor is above The presence?yes? ..

So if the presence is the representation of the abrahamic God we know..a probe which is called overmonitor is more powerful then The presence...?think again.

By definition, no power in DC can beat presence because he created DC. Overmonitor might be on par with PR beyonder, but only supreme beings equal supreme beings.

#25 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: huh...fusion dance?who ?

#26 Posted by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

from feats of none, with a panel of only a few statements?? Come on, let it go, there's only one supreme Presence in DC, and it's the Presence!

#27 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder: Dragonball reference (yahoo that sh!t), basically two parts of God that had to combine to become one (like voltron)

#28 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder:

no what im saying is that DC has 2 creation stories, kind of like marvel with TOAA and Nemesis.

#29 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: this dc is confusing me... i see, so if dc had two creation stories'?..meaning the coie anti monitor was the power in his universe...and presence is the power in his universe?is that what u mean?...pretty confuse here bro..how does it apply to my last question..below...and what is nemesis(forgive my lack of knowledge.learning alot now)

@rolldestroyer: So what you are trying to imply is that Overmonitor is above The presence?yes? ..

So if the presence is the representation of the abrahamic God we know..a probe which is called overmonitor is more powerful then The presence...?think again.

@highaccuser said:

By definition, no power in DC can beat presence because he created DC. Overmonitor might be on par with PR beyonder, but only supreme beings equal supreme beings

#30 Edited by russellmania77 (14617 posts) - - Show Bio

is it possible to be?

#31 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder:

no, it has 2 creation stories, one associated with the presence, and another one with the over monitor

in marvel nemesis is stated to kill itself and form the current reality along with the infinity gems.

no im not implying he's more powerful, im saying that he could be presence's equal, but he's more likely inferior since over monitor is more of an infinite void than a supreme being like the presence.

#32 Edited by eisjfiejss (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@mca38 said:

it is said that presence = the combine power luicifer and michael. how would anti-monitor's power compare one of the angel. is it possible to use this to do an estimate on where the over-monitor is in the food chain of DC universe?

No. The Presence should be more powerful than Lucifer and Michael combined. The Anti Monitor has strong feats, but it would get annihilated by either one of the two angels. The Presence should have greater authority than the overmonitor. In fact I think the monitors are probably even within the jurisdiction of the Endless.

#33 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people still posting? Nothing is above omnipotent the most is stalemate.

#34 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Ohh i get it now dude..but u stated he could...which i clearly doubt that..as the presence is the the only supreme being..u mean to tell me that there was another universe where over monitor was the head?...it stated that monitors were guardian's of the multiverse..i bet the presence created and ordered them guard it..

@mca38i agree with u dude...but the presence does and will always have authority over this overmonitor...and comparing michael and lucifer to this overmonitor is a little too much u know..within the jurisdiction of the endless..whose this endless dude?...

And am i correct....the presence>michael/lucifer>the spectre/radiant/eclipso>anti monitor/overmonitor??should be correct right

#35 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I heard, people are debating whether the Presence is truly omnipotent or not.

#36 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidthunder:

again you must have misunderstood me.

DC already had a cosmology before final crisis, when GM wrote it, he created a new one where over monitor was the original being, nothing was mentioned about the presence.

no your classification isn't correct IMO, anti monitor and over monitor are far from equals, the overmonitor should be at least right below the presence

@angryhulks:

yes it is debatable, since the presence did stalemate the great evil beast, he's also been stated to be shaped by external forces among other things.

#37 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Whats IMO?...so when GM wrote it(meaning wrote which part)you mean to tell me gm created another universe where OVRMonitor is the supreme being...

hmmmmm....blady hell...can i know why he he created a new one?...

1.Ok..say we are comparing both dc cosmology before final crisis and GM cosmology....The overmonitor should be after lucifer/michael? or below the presence...

2. So currently..which cosmology we are following?...the new gm one..or the dc cosmology before final crisis...or did GM CREATE a new one, which the presence is not included...overmonitor is evil isn;t it..why is he the supreme being..

3. And ...if the presence is not in GM new universe....and as u said overmonitor is the supreme being..where does michael/lucifer/spectre fit in....

Take a deep breath...and answer me dude....

#38 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Whats IMO?...so when GM wrote it(meaning wrote which part)you mean to tell me gm created another universe where OVRMonitor is the supreme being...

hmmmmm....blady hell...can i know why he he created a new one?...

1.Ok..say we are comparing both dc cosmology before final crisis and GM cosmology....The overmonitor should be after lucifer/michael? or below the presence...

2. So currently..which cosmology we are following?...the new gm one..or the dc cosmology before final crisis...or did GM CREATE a new one, which the presence is not included...overmonitor is evil isn;t it..why is he the supreme being..

3. And ...if the presence is not in GM new universe....and as u said overmonitor is the supreme being..where does michael/lucifer/spectre fit in....

Take a deep breath...and answer me dude....

essentially yes.

1. yes, over monitor is above lucifer and michael and probably below the presence and GEB.

2. both are canon, so i honestly dont know which one should we follow. no it is not evil.

3. That's the thing, it doesn't make sense, so i can't give you a correct answer here.

#39 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Nabby the Over-Monitor could be...................... Elaine Belloc!!!!!!!!!! :D