Can THANOS WITH 2 GL RINGS + Team take over OA

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

3 unknown LANTERN cross path with THANOS, he killed one and his ring blasted off to find a new user, he captured the 2 and study/subdued their ring and thought he could use it's power source (Central Battery) in one of his schemes.

He also seek the aid of DP TYRANT promising him to use the said energy source to return him to full-power and also, The FALLEN ONE is still under his control.

Can he WIN?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pooty

The 2 additional power rings are useless. Thanos team might take this

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

For the sake of argument, let say that it will be of no use cosidering how POWERFUL THANOS is, but the rings will be used to siphon OA, plus THANOS has a great will and imagination.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pooty

@pooty said:

For the sake of argument, let say that it will be of no use cosidering how POWERFUL THANOS is, but the rings will be used to siphon OA, plus THANOS has a great will and imagination.

I admit what you say is true. If a power ring is only limited by the will power of the user, Thanos may wield it better then anyone else has

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Killemall

Given time though Thanos himself can absorb and adapt to any kind of energies. From HOTU, cosmic cube, savage land terraforma, lady death's energy, tear of a god (granted someone of them were later retconned because Starlin felt Thanos jobbed), so ring might not be needed.

Also in all honestly, while both Thanos and Fallen One are pretty powerful, he has an extremely powerful ally on his team, who does absorb any kind of energy and can use that to increase his power, Tyrant. He would come out being a star-player.

While i think all the lanters together + guardians are more powerful, they do rely heavily on energy attack that really is going to be counter productive against Tyrant.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emperorb777

Wait the team is attacking the actual home planet of the Guardians?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That how it sounds like, if it wasnt i would seriously question the wisdom of having a heavy hitter like Tyrant around.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

The Team win.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngryHulks

If Alan Scott and Ion are on Oa, then I could see them giving Laterns a win, especially there're like over ten thousands of them. I'm sure reality warping would handle depowered Tyrant and Thanos.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos ftw

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Alan Scott and Ion are on Oa, then I could see them giving Laterns a win, especially there're like over ten thousands of them. I'm sure reality warping would handle depowered Tyrant and Thanos.

There are 3600 Green Lanterns, in this scenario, 1 escaped and 2 where captured, let us say the 1 escaped found a new user, then there are 3598 GL's in total + Guardians.

Yes, he and his team are invading OA (GL Planet).

@immortal777 said:

That how it sounds like, if it wasnt i would seriously question the wisdom of having a heavy hitter like Tyrant around.

Yup, that is the reason.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am leaning towards the team, sadly not because of Thanos (although i think he could take a whole lot of GLs out), not because of Fallen One (who should be able to take fair few out) but rather because of Tyrant.

I dont think even Guardians together could stop him, not because they are collectively not more powerful than Tyrant, but rather they seem to use energy attack more often than not, which Tyrant could simply absorb. Besides any technology there is in OA, or any techonology involved harnessing the GL energy is going to be hijacked by Tyrant and bend to his will.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am leaning towards the team, sadly not because of Thanos (although i think he could take a whole lot of GLs out), not because of Fallen One (who should be able to take fair few out) but rather because of Tyrant.

I dont think even Guardians together could stop him, not because they are collectively not more powerful than Tyrant, but rather they seem to use energy attack more often than not, which Tyrant could simply absorb. Besides any technology there is in OA, or any techonology involved harnessing the GL energy is going to be hijacked by Tyrant and bend to his will.

So, Thanos could just sit back and relax while he manipulate the central battery.

Oh, I forgot, Thanos has a back-up plan in case things go wary, he also enlisted Doreen Green as BACK-UP. LOLZ

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion Thanos is above any Guardian. (One at a time) Seeing his imagination, and willpower he should defeat them.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC, Thanos did stalemate TYRANT in a fight.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reikai

If Thanos is plotting and has Prep, he doesn't even need the rings. He'd just win.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didnt stalemate Tyrant in his fight, and the instance you are talking about is from Cosmic Power Unlimited series, Thor matched Tyrant for a short time and was on losing side (can be attributed to Tyrant holding back given other of Tyrant feats, but Thanos did outperform what an assemblage of 5 other herald level characters).

Then Thanos steals Tyrant's orb of knoweledge that had his fighting with Galactus stored in it and considers himself victor.

At no point did Thanos hurt Tyrant.

And the weird part is, Thanos energy is cosmic , the orb he used has cosmic energy from morg, yet Tyrant doesnt absorb the blast, but when Tyrant faces Galactus, he has no problem absorbing his blast and boosting himself.

Weird.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would more or less confirm that Thanos wasn't using the orb to boost himself, but was keeping it out of Tyrant's possession so he couldn't juice himself on it. In other words Thanos was preventing him from feeding during the fight. And while Thanos didn't injure Tyrant, Tyrant couldn't really harm Thanos either. He messed up Thanos' outfit a bit, but that was all.

Tyrant did say some line about destroying Thanos, who only replied "Given the chance, i'm sure you would." Doesn't sound as if he was saying Tyrant could kill him, but only that Tyrant would take the opportunity to do so if one did arise. Thanos had already gotten what he was after. There was no reason for him to stay and fight. That was merely for his own enjoyment and a test of his resilience.

Odin was much the same way when he fought Thanos. He was surprised time and again, not only by Thanos' tenacity in battle, but his sheer resilience to harm. Thanos withstood everything he could throw at him and more. Had they continued, at the time Odin would've won in the end, but all of Asgard would've been reduced to ruins.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas said:

He didnt stalemate Tyrant in his fight, and the instance you are talking about is from Cosmic Power Unlimited series, Thor matched Tyrant for a short time and was on losing side (can be attributed to Tyrant holding back given other of Tyrant feats, but Thanos did outperform what an assemblage of 5 other herald level characters).

Then Thanos steals Tyrant's orb of knoweledge that had his fighting with Galactus stored in it and considers himself victor.

At no point did Thanos hurt Tyrant.

And the weird part is, Thanos energy is cosmic , the orb he used has cosmic energy from morg, yet Tyrant doesnt absorb the blast, but when Tyrant faces Galactus, he has no problem absorbing his blast and boosting himself.

Weird.

But the fact still remain that TYRANT failed to destroy him and even got himself a nice trinket.:)

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OverLordArhas

@reikai said:

If Thanos is plotting and has Prep, he doesn't even need the rings. He'd just win.

Well, he could use it to channel the energy from the central battery.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@overlordarhas said:

But the fact still remain that TYRANT failed to destroy him and even got himself a nice trinket.:)

Tell you what, there is virtually no way for me to argue against that, well played sir... well played.

My interpretation was Tyrant under-estimated him, and given time he would have won after all thats what Thanos said.

But that is still, however you look at it, extremely awesome feat for Thanos .

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another question, if Thanos does absorb the Central Battery's energy and drain it, could he go up against, let say SPECTER?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OverLordArhas

@overlordarhas said:

Tell you what, there is virtually no way for me to argue against that, well played sir... well played.

My interpretation was Tyrant under-estimated him, and given time he would have won after all thats what Thanos said.

But that is still, however you look at it, extremely awesome feat for Thanos .

What is in my mind for a long time is, why did Tyrant let Thanos go, why did he allow him to teleport out?