#1 Posted by mrhatter (13 posts) - - Show Bio

please move if this is wrong sections

Why do i see this so much?

Batman vs. green arrow- batman wins, barely

Batman vs odin- batman wins- barely

green arrow vs odin- odin, curb stomp, spite thread

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman>>>Everyone but Squirrel Girl

#3 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrhatter:

#4 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Batman>>>Everyone but Squirrel Girl

#5 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does anyone say that Batman beats Odin?

#6 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Batman>>>Everyone but Squirrel Girl

That song seemed like an okay match to this.

#7 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@mrhatter:

this :P

#8 Edited by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman beats Odin barely is just not true, more specifically the "barely" part.

#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Batman>>>Everyone but Squirrel Girl

That song seemed like an okay match to this.

Awesome. Perfect match guys..

#10 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: Thank you good sir!

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

You're thinking along the lines of ABC logic, which doesn't work on the forums here. Now, your example was horrible, because Odin would completely stomp either Batman or Green Arrow... hell, he'd stomp them at the same time. But I understand the point you're trying to make, and there's a simple explanation; Batman wouldn't be fighting Odin the same way he fights Green Arrow. Different power sets work better against some, one character's fighting style might give them more of an advantage against one character than another for a multitude of reasons... sometimes the conditions matter, its all variable.

This isn't DBZ... its not just, "My power level is greater than yours, you cannot hope to defeat me!" These battle forums require you to think logically and figure out how the battle would go according to what the characters are capable of.

#12 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15:

Sorry, but I call BS on your response.

While logic maybe what is strived for on CV's battle forums, and is achieved sometimes in specific threads, more often than not it comes down to non-sensical arguments where one side is trying to discredit the other rather than have a serious debate about who would win. While I agree that the given example is not a good one, here is a better one for you:

No powers: Goku vs wonder woman. Goku wins by majority vote.

No powers: Goku vs Batman. Batman wins by majority vote.

No powers: Batman vs wonder woman. Wonder woman wins by majority vote.

These have been done many times, and more often than not, these are the outcomes of these threads. There is no ABC logic here, only a flawed and seemingly fan-boy type logic. There can be no other answer than that.

#13 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

It's called Bat Fan Induced Stupidity.

#14 Posted by ArtSkoll (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman factor. With prep time Batman is Godly.

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: Man, majority vote doesn't mean crap. The majority of people aren't experts on either characters in a given battle.

People shouldn't but any stock into it.

#16 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

batman wins

#17 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite:

I think we may be trying to answer different questions here. I took the OP as trying to address the hypocrisy found in some of the posts around CV.

On a fundamental level, I agree with everything you said, that each character brings skills and tools from there respective backgrounds, and in a battle those tools are to be compared logically in order to be able to determine a winner. Some characters are just better equiped that others in certain fights.

What I'm saying though, is that on CV, in certain threads, that doesn't happen.

#18 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

too subjective

more objective :)

#19 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemax_7 said:

@PrinceAragorn1: Thank you good sir!

No, Thank you.. that tune dancing dead pool is a fine way to relax. Just look at it and you smile lol :)

#20 Posted by austyn12090 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you're probably just ignoring the rules of the individual threads. Prep is the most important thing in a Batman fight. As a general way, Batman, Doctor Doom and similar characters can beat anyone if given significant pret time. Among the Prep masters, victory usually goes to the physically weak and least arrogant since they are generally underestimated. Because Batman is just human, nobody would go to great lengths to prep for him, this places him near the top of the food chain among the prep masters. This is why i voted for Spider-Man in a battle between him and Batman. While Peter is great at prepping with science, he's also arrogant and isn't the type to prepare to face a normal human without powers while Batman would learn everything he could about his opponent and learn to counter every single ability they have.

A battle against Green Arrow isn't going to have much prep, if any, meaning it's probably a close battle (I'd probably give to Green Arrow with morals off actually).

A battle against Odin however, would give Batman a long time to prep, possibly even a year, so that he could form a plan or build a device to nulify Odin's powers or something.

With enough prep, Batman wins all battles. The only question is whether X amount of time is enough for Batman to win.

#21 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the most overrated anything in the history of everything. When will these idiots realize that he's just a human with human limits, he could never beat anyone beyond Cyborg-level...he's in the same level as Daredevil, he could never beat Spider-Man, Wolverine, Superman, Iron Man, GL, Hulk, Thor, etc. all of the people he faces are mostly just simple thugs and psychopaths and he STILL struggles to beat them. He's cool and everything and I do like the character but c'mon you retards he's just a regular human and to think that he can pull off superhuman feats puts you all in the realm of delusion...have a fun time in the asylum...

#22 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Imagine_Man15:

Sorry, but I call BS on your response.

While logic maybe what is strived for on CV's battle forums, and is achieved sometimes in specific threads, more often than not it comes down to non-sensical arguments where one side is trying to discredit the other rather than have a serious debate about who would win. While I agree that the given example is not a good one, here is a better one for you:

No powers: Goku vs wonder woman. Goku wins by majority vote.

No powers: Goku vs Batman. Batman wins by majority vote.

No powers: Batman vs wonder woman. Wonder woman wins by majority vote.

These have been done many times, and more often than not, these are the outcomes of these threads. There is no ABC logic here, only a flawed and seemingly fan-boy type logic. There can be no other answer than that.

law of transitivity never works here lol!

#23 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Imagine_Man15:

Sorry, but I call BS on your response.

While logic maybe what is strived for on CV's battle forums, and is achieved sometimes in specific threads, more often than not it comes down to non-sensical arguments where one side is trying to discredit the other rather than have a serious debate about who would win. While I agree that the given example is not a good one, here is a better one for you:

No powers: Goku vs wonder woman. Goku wins by majority vote.

No powers: Goku vs Batman. Batman wins by majority vote.

No powers: Batman vs wonder woman. Wonder woman wins by majority vote.

These have been done many times, and more often than not, these are the outcomes of these threads. There is no ABC logic here, only a flawed and seemingly fan-boy type logic. There can be no other answer than that.

law of transitivity never works here lol!

Huh?

#24 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@grimlock said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Imagine_Man15:

Sorry, but I call BS on your response.

While logic maybe what is strived for on CV's battle forums, and is achieved sometimes in specific threads, more often than not it comes down to non-sensical arguments where one side is trying to discredit the other rather than have a serious debate about who would win. While I agree that the given example is not a good one, here is a better one for you:

No powers: Goku vs wonder woman. Goku wins by majority vote.

No powers: Goku vs Batman. Batman wins by majority vote.

No powers: Batman vs wonder woman. Wonder woman wins by majority vote.

These have been done many times, and more often than not, these are the outcomes of these threads. There is no ABC logic here, only a flawed and seemingly fan-boy type logic. There can be no other answer than that.

law of transitivity never works here lol!

Huh?

Goku > Wonderwoman, Batman > Goku then Wonderwoman>Batman. that defies the law of transitivity

#25 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman cannot beat Odin. Unlike Green Arrow, Batman has a super power to get lots of fanboys who think he's the greatest. Despite the fact that Lex Luthor, Ultron, Braniac, Loki and Dr Doom are all better prep wizards than he is.

#26 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

And let's face it the outcome of threads depends on who's online and who finds it. If all the Squirell girl fans are on and come across Squirell girl vs. Thor, Superman, Bizarro and Galactus she will 'win'

#27 Posted by austyn12090 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94 said:

Batman cannot beat Odin. Unlike Green Arrow, Batman has a super power to get lots of fanboys who think he's the greatest. Despite the fact that Lex Luthor, Ultron, Braniac, Loki and Dr Doom are all better prep wizards than he is.

Eh, probably. He still is a prep wizard though. Regardless of whether he's the best of them, prep wizards always win if given enough time. Could Doctor Doom or Lex Luthor win with less prep than Batman? Absolutely. Still, Prep>Everything.

#28 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

It's called Bat Fan Induced Stupidity

#29 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimlock:

That was kind of my point. It makes no sense.
#30 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrhatter: This should be in General Discussion, so yeah this has to be moved.

#31 Posted by comicace3 (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrhatter said:

please move if this is wrong sections

Why do i see this so much?

Batman vs. green arrow- batman wins, barely

Batman vs odin- batman wins- barely

green arrow vs odin- odin, curb stomp, spite thread

Welcome to Comicvine!! Thats pretty much how it is here.

#32 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@JJ62: Stop.... just stop... please.

#33 Posted by comicace3 (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

@JJ62 said:

Batman is the most overrated anything in the history of everything. When will these idiots realize that he's just a human with human limits, he could never beat anyone beyond Cyborg-level...he's in the same level as Daredevil, he could never beat Spider-Man, Wolverine, Superman, Iron Man, GL, Hulk, Thor, etc. all of the people he faces are mostly just simple thugs and psychopaths and he STILL struggles to beat them. He's cool and everything and I do like the character but c'mon you retards he's just a regular human and to think that he can pull off superhuman feats puts you all in the realm of delusion...have a fun time in the asylum...

All those poeple I put in Bold Batman could defeat.

Wolverine- Prep

Ironman- Prep

GL- Take his ring ( read New 52)

Cyborg- Make him think he isn't human...yeah he's capable of doing that.

#34 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@grimlock said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Imagine_Man15:

Sorry, but I call BS on your response.

While logic maybe what is strived for on CV's battle forums, and is achieved sometimes in specific threads, more often than not it comes down to non-sensical arguments where one side is trying to discredit the other rather than have a serious debate about who would win. While I agree that the given example is not a good one, here is a better one for you:

No powers: Goku vs wonder woman. Goku wins by majority vote.

No powers: Goku vs Batman. Batman wins by majority vote.

No powers: Batman vs wonder woman. Wonder woman wins by majority vote.

These have been done many times, and more often than not, these are the outcomes of these threads. There is no ABC logic here, only a flawed and seemingly fan-boy type logic. There can be no other answer than that.

law of transitivity never works here lol!

Huh?

Goku > Wonderwoman, Batman > Goku then Wonderwoman>Batman. that defies the law of transitivity

No powers WW would still beat Goku. She is vastly superior to him in terms of ground work and grapples.

#35 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by NeonGameWave (7783 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe its just fans overestimating Batman with prep.

#37 Posted by logy5000 (5771 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has the dumbest fanboys.