Can Cap defeat anyone?

BlueAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm serious. Everyone here always says that Cap would lose. It's annoying. Can Cap win over anybody? I'm not asking for an answer just for your opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Red Skull, Batman, Robin, Baron Blood, Baron Zemo, Winter Soldier and if Civil War ever meant anything Iron-Man.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is not superior to Batman...

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can beat Green Arrow rofl

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fiodestromus

Yes lol Yes he can. He just not going past a certain point in characters he fights on here.Most of the time I see Cap in a battle its with the Avengers and they are put up against either a team buster or a Team with alot of Superhumans.So it just depends who he's against.You should make some battles with him that would stir a good debate. And If you have knowledge on him you should tell people or argue his side more.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Example: Cap vs Luke Cage would be an interesting fight, but Cap would win.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap can beat aloooooooooooooooot of people. You would have to be more specific on that.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, he kind of is. 73 second mile? Hours at full exertion before tiring at all? Totally indestructible shield?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Floopay

Captain America has a lot of advantages that people fail to recognize. Even over someone like Batman.

Captain America is a top tier fighter, and though he hasn't mastered 120 or so fighting styles or whatever ridiculous thing DC concocted, the few fighting styles he knows have allowed him to fight with people on par with Batman's foes, if not above Batman's foes.

Personally, I think the two are about equal. Where Batman is smarter, and more knowledgable on combat styles, Captain America has every physical advantage, and doesn't fall far enough behind in intelligence and combat prowess for Batman's advantage to be the deciding factor.

Overall I think Captain America is a bigger force to be reckoned with than people play him out to be.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: What crossover? If you are referring to JLA Avengers, that is not what happened at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes he can beat many characters

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bluealchemist: Of course he can beat people don't let those mean trolls get you down bud.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

And even though I am pissed to say it Bane lost to Cap,

BANE ALMOST BROKE THE CAPS BACK BUT ): CAPTAIN AMERICA BEAT HIM.....

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap and Bats are equals. Even though Bats knows all the worlds fighting styles (bullsh%t) that won't make a big difference. Cap has stalemated Black Panther(someone who knows all the world's fighting styles like Bats) because in the words of BP can "adapt" and "glide with" any fighting style thrown at him.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what debates you're referring to, but from my experience, Cap seems to win a fair bit of matches.

@robertloucksjr: batman wins/won in a fight

JLA/avengers, it's canon btw

JLA/Avengers? That is not what happened as I recall. The two of them exchanged a few blows, and then finally called a temporary truce as they tried to figure out why the JLA and Avengers were being tricked into fighting one another.

Which frankly is what Cap and Bats should be doing, considering they're the tactical ones.

As for the DC/Marvel crossover where Bats won, that's not canon, and more importantly - it had nothing to do with good writing and everything to do with fan-votes.

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@floopay said:

Captain America has a lot of advantages that people fail to recognize. Even over someone like Batman.

Captain America is a top tier fighter, and though he hasn't mastered 120 or so fighting styles or whatever ridiculous thing DC concocted, the few fighting styles he knows have allowed him to fight with people on par with Batman's foes, if not above Batman's foes.

Personally, I think the two are about equal. Where Batman is smarter, and more knowledgable on combat styles, Captain America has every physical advantage, and doesn't fall far enough behind in intelligence and combat prowess for Batman's advantage to be the deciding factor.

Overall I think Captain America is a bigger force to be reckoned with than people play him out to be.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The tired line of "mastered every known fighting style" is no different than most hyperbole that gets thrown around. I do not take it very seriously as it is usually presented as a way for the writer to convey to the reader that a certain character is formidable in hand to hand combat. I would rather judge a character's competency by his actual consistent showings.That being the case, at least to me anyway, I see both Cap and Bats on equal footing in terms of hand to hand skill.

As for Batman being smarter than Cap, I do not see that playing any role in a fight. If Cap needs some research done, or some computer work completed then he will have to defer to Bruce. But for anything related to combat (hand to hand, firearms, leadership, battle strategy, etc.) he is as good, if not superior to Batman in many of these categories. Keep in mind that Bruce is still just a normal human who also divides his time between many different pursuits. Captain America on the other hand is a physically enhanced soldier and student of war, and little else.

Captain America is definately an underestimated force to be reckoned with.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zr0c00l

Cap can beat many people but not a fully equipped batman. Ill debate bat over cap with anyone anytime

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The tired line of "mastered every known fighting style" is no different than most hyperbole that gets thrown around. I do not take it very seriously as it is usually presented as a way for the writer to convey to the reader that a certain character is formidable in hand to hand combat. I would rather judge a character's competency by his actual consistent showings.That being the case, at least to me anyway, I see both Cap and Bats on equal footing in terms of hand to hand skill.

As for Batman being smarter than Cap, I do not see that playing any role in a fight. If Cap needs some research done, or some computer work completed then he will have to defer to Bruce. But for anything related to combat (hand to hand, firearms, leadership, battle strategy, etc.) he is as good, if not superior to Batman in many of these categories. Keep in mind that Bruce is still just a normal human who also divides his time between many different pursuits. Captain America on the other hand is a physically enhanced soldier and student of war, and little else.

Captain America is definately an underestimated force to be reckoned with.

THIS.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who underestimates Cap exactly? I've seen him overestimated just like every other street leveler.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: except that one wasn't canon so...yup

In JLA/Avengers Batman admitted Cap could beat him.

It was in DC. vs. Marvel that Batman won and that one was fan voted.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap also doesn't have that pesky moral qualm about guns, say what you will about Bats' gear but it sorely lacks an effective long range option. Batarangs aren't damaging enough and are much slower than a bullet/laser blast.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull, Batman, Robin, Baron Blood, Baron Zemo, Winter Soldier and if Civil War ever meant anything Iron-Man.

Everyone but Batman and Iron Man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet: Can people please stop spouting that untrue garbage. Batman said "It's conceivable you could beat me Avenger." I'll leave it up to you to look up the word conceivable.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a smart and tough fighter.

Will he win all the time? No.

Will he win a majority of the time? No.

Will he win some of the time? Yes.

Avatar image for gogopowerrangers
gogopowerrangers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Example: Cap vs Luke Cage would be an interesting fight, but Cap would win.

Seriously? Like really? No, just don't even! Luke Cage would mess him up

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can take Batman out for sure. Deathstroke would be a challenge but even that he can get a split or advantage depending on the stipulations.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alexander505

Cap is not versatile, is "just"a peak human with a shield indestructible. He can beat character like him (as Batman without prep, Black Panther, Devil, etcetera), and metahuman of class 2-3 tons. That's all. Other characters similar at him, as Batman or Black Panther, can have more challenge than Cap, because they have technology.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@russellmania77: Batman told Cap that he could beat him, but would more often then not take very long. And though it is not Canon in Marvel vs DC, Batman and Cap said that they had fought for hours when we see them in the Sewers, and that they could possibly fight until one of them dropped from exhaustion.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alexander505

Again with this story? -.- Batman can beat Cap, Cap can beat Batman. There is not a main winner in this battle, is like Superman vs Thor...or something.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By tparks

This is the guy who debuted by punching Hitler in the face! He makes a living out of beating the odds. Realistically, he should lose a lot of fights against the "A" listers he fights, but Cap doesn't care about realism. Cap vs Realsim wins 8/10.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is very skilled. He should be able to handle most street level characters

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By krauser99

@frozenphoenix said:

Maybe not in regards to versatility in weapons, detective skills, or a scientific genius. I'll give you that and Batman has more exotic skills in hand to hand. But now a days Cap does stuff that shows you he is more on a level on Deathstroke or even a Wolverine type of level. Feats like falling from God knows heights like this or....to even ripping out his chest piece to continue the good fight. Feats that even make you wonder if Spiderman himself can live through.

@krauser99 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OceanicSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just turns into a Batman vs Captain. Its been done to death, batman, through consensus wins by slim margins.