• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

Batman Thinks Thor Is A Huge Threat

So He Has To Neutralize Him (Permanently)

1 1/2 Year Prep

Out of Character, Batman

Thor in Character

#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Not Sure

#3 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he can.

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

NO .

#5 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say yes. A year and a half is a Loooooooooooong time, he could probably cook up a quick fire version of the Phantom Zone Generator or something.

#6 Posted by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: you do know thor can travel through dimensions right?

#8 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

never

#9 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

Batsy wins

@The_Soverighn: easily with a year and a half of prep. prime Thor is no better than Darkseid or Superman.

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

then you don't know enough.

#10 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer ...Annnnnnnnnnnd how often does he do this in a combat situation?

#11 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

At least here bats has 1 and 1/2 years of prep as compared to 5 months against Thanos.

@Killer_of_trolls said:

this is stomprape, Batsy wins

@The_Soverighn: easily with a year and a half of prep. prime Thor is no better than Darkseid or Superman.

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

any reason why you believe so? Instead of saying people you dont know enough, could you maybe make a case?

#12 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

At least here bats has 1 and 1/2 years of prep as compared to 5 months against Thanos.

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

any reason why you believe so? Instead of saying people you dont know enough, could you maybe make a case?

lol thor takes him

#13 Posted by SirMethos (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutralize him permanently, not a chance.

#14 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@theTimeStreamer ...Annnnnnnnnnnd how often does he do this in a combat situation?

We had a whole gauntlet for that, lot of people though in a combat Nightwing was faster than Thor.

#15 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: i didnt mean in combat. if batman manages to get him in the PZ he will be back in less than 1 minute.

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20426 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman : Calling all Justice Leaguers, we have a major threat approaching Earth. He is called Thor, and talks really weird. Find him and neutralize him.

Superman : Roger

Hal Jordan : Roger

Wonder Woman : Roger

Martian Manhunter : Roger

*Batman sits back*

Batman : Aaaaahhhh. It's good to be me.

#17 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said on another thread. Anyone with genius level intellect and a year of prep should be able to pull a win against much more powerful opponent if he has the right resources (which Bruce does). So yes with a year and a half prep Bats should pull it off.

#18 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

As i said on another thread. Anyone with genius level intellect and a year of prep should be able to pull a win against much more powerful opponent if he has the right resources (which Bruce does). So yes with a year and a half prep Bats should pull it off.

agreed,I am changing my mind

#19 Posted by Z3RO180 (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

nutrelize yes kill no

#20 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: what the point of calling in the jl? then it would be jl minus batman vs thor. the battle is batman vs thor!

#21 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer Is it possible to escape the Phantom Zone? It's a prison, basically.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20426 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: True, but if this is going by "win by any means" then all Batman needs to do is show up and technically he won.

#23 Posted by silverJuggernaut (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

#24 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: then same thing can be said about a room of genuis scientists with unlimited funding. where's the cure to cancer? or any other big disease? point: he may have the money, may have the time, intellect but he can still fail. look at how he took down darkside. he had to die and only came back because fans were dying due to popping blood vessels.

#25 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

With a year and a half prep that Batman can probably beat Thor.

#26 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

Cool. Batman's never beaten Superman with prep, and he has two apparent weaknesses. What makes you think that he'll be able to beat Thor?

#27 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: Yeah but Doc Ock managed to KO Thor by using a Midgard Serpent fang and that only took a couple of months of prep. I agree with your premise but in this case i'd put my money on bats not against him.

Also theres a difference between comic genius's and real life ones. In comics Norman Osborn already cured cancer.

#28 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: there is a huge difference in intellect between doc ock and batman (ock being smarter) and the fact that the dc universe is seriously lacking norse mythology stuff and that that was a plot device and incapacitated thor long enough to implant those control devices. not really seeing a way for bats. maybe get something from ww but he lacks the speed/strength to use anything good.

#29 Posted by Nefarious (21899 posts) - - Show Bio

It is possibe...but not so easy for the Dark Knight.

#30 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Strider92: there is a huge difference in intellect between doc ock and batman (ock being smarter)

I'm actually so surprised by this I can't address the rest of your reply yet lol! I'm not disagreeing with you about the fact Ock is smarter than Bats (I know a lot of people would) but out of curiosity what makes you say Ock is smarter?

#31 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: have you read ends of the earth? the only reason he was stopped was because mysteryo betraied him. even then he almost managed to win. he was operating fifteen satellites at the same time, impenetrable to hacking (iron man failed), he could have destroyed the planet. the plan was massive and very good.

#32 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer: Fair enough.

#33 Posted by silverJuggernaut (136 posts) - - Show Bio

the only scenario i can see batman win is when batman hax into all the nuclear missle silo and launch them tward thor but thor can easly stop all the missles. im not a batman intellect level guy so i cant think of a scenario in which batman comes out the victor.

#34 Posted by Oni_Bane (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can't win with 10 years of prep.

#35 Posted by Luster77 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF thought out this question???!!!! There is no way, prep or otherwise, Batman will be able to beat the God of Thunder. What the hell do you mean, with a years prep time, yes he could beat Thor. N-O, NO, NO, NO!!! Bats is the man, but come on people, we're letting this guy get the best of some of the most powerful people in comics. Bats won't even make a dent in Thor, there's no kryptonite for Thor or is there an app for that, unless of course he sided with Loki. That's the only way Batman would remotely come close to beating Thor. Batman: Thor, I'm going to take that hammer and nail your ass to the door of the Avengers hideout. Thor: Verily, I say thee nay!! Have at thee rodent man!!

#36 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Luster77:Thor Is Weak To Relects Of The Asgard Serpent and There are Dozens of Them Laying Around

#37 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#38 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Thor have any exploitable weaknesses? Anything that is akin to "kryptonite" to Thor?

#39 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

Did Thor have any exploitable weaknesses? Anything that is akin to "kryptonite" to Thor?

No.

#40 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

Cool. Batman's never beaten Superman with prep, and he has two apparent weaknesses. What makes you think that he'll be able to beat Thor?

yes he has, many times. once with a kryptonite ring, and once with that armor he built, and many other times. how could you mess the second one, it was in the comicvine frontpage on the 100 greatest moments in comics.

Batman with prep is a great threat. he can use anti gravity device or something to take away the hammer. it worked for both Ironman and Rulk. Batman is winning this easily. he had plans to take out the entire JLA Roster that worked in Tower of Bable arc. you don't read enough comics as well. these scans are all over site.

#41 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

I was refering to pre-flashpoint. forgot that revamp even existed, back then he was god with prep. read tower of bable Batman has plans that solo the JLA.

#42 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15114 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

@Strider92: have you read ends of the earth? the only reason he was stopped was because mysteryo betraied him. even then he almost managed to win. he was operating fifteen satellites at the same time, impenetrable to hacking (iron man failed), he could have destroyed the planet. the plan was massive and very good.

sir you are right and wrong at the same time. Ock is smarter only at certain sciences, he is not better than Batman at criminology, and is not a better strategist, besides if Ock who has limited resources and was able to steal the serpent tooth and use it against him, what makes you think that the man that has more resources than almost eny other character in the Marvel Universe (yes I am counting Iron Man, even though some might say otherwise) and has the ability to exploit the slightest weakness. can't beat Thor.

#43 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: Are you thinking of when he just hit him when he had the ring? Because he got stomped after that. He couldn't even beat him when his suit was glowing with kryptonite radiation.The Armor fight was in The Dark Knight Returns and he had about 5 times more prep than he has here. Also, that ended in Batman having a hearty attack. He's never ever beaten him. The only time he's beaten beaten him has been in non-canon appearances. He's never beaten him in canon appearances. Ever.

Thor could still beat Batman without his hammer. He could just one shot him. Ra's Al Ghul executed it. Why? Because he works with villains all the time. Batman would never do that. Don't tell me I don't read enough comics, because you just posted a bunch of crap about stuff that NEVER happened.

#44 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't think he can.

yes he has, many times. once with a kryptonite ring, and once with that armor he built, and many other times. how could you mess the second one, it was in the comicvine frontpage on the 100 greatest moments in comics.

Batman with prep is a great threat. he can use anti gravity device or something to take away the hammer. it worked for both Ironman and Rulk. Batman is winning this easily. he had plans to take out the entire JLA Roster that worked in Tower of Bable arc. you don't read enough comics as well. these scans are all over site.

Batman has never beaten Superman with prep in canon. The closest he has ever come is in a non-canon story in which he had the help of three other superheroes.

#45 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: 1. this takes place in dc universe. 2. tony has more money than bruce. 3. criminology is worth spit against thor. 4. doc ock is a master in nanotech or anything tech related. batman isnt.

#46 Posted by thesilentghost (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with the Insider Suit kills Thor.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

If he can't beat Superman with all the prep he's made for a rogue Superman, how's he any more likely to beat Thor with prep?

#48 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people need to accept Batman limits.

#49 Posted by BigCimmerian (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has no chance to neutralize Thor, he fails horribly, and Batman is my favorite comic book character.

#50 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman