Can Bakura beat Suma-Sorath inside the Shadow Realm?

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grand Ninja

He's been summoned from the Chaos Dimension into the Shadow Realm where Bakura has complete control. Bakura can summon any Egyptian God card. 

No Caption Provided
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Grand Ninja

That is.. ANY Egyptian God.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

I don't think so. Plus, the Shadow Realm is something that exists only in the English version of the anime and it's really only a plot device used to censor out any instances of death. There is no Shadow Realm in either the Japanese (*cough* Superior *cough*) version of the anime nor in the manga. Plus, I think this thread might count as anime vs comic which is no longer allowed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

Not allowed, if by Suma-Sorath you mean Shuma Gorath.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grand Ninja
@MrDirector786 said:

I don't think so. Plus, the Shadow Realm is something that exists only in the English version of the anime and it's really only a plot device used to censor out any instances of death. There is no Shadow Realm in either the Japanese (*cough* Superior *cough*) version of the anime nor in the manga. Plus, I think this thread might count as anime vs comic which is no longer allowed.

Really? Ah, that sucks. 
Anyway, Shadow Realm may just be a word to censor out death, but the dead still go somewhere and that's where Bakura controls. Remember, Yami Bakura is really "a dead soul" who possessed Ryo. When he defeats a player, he takes their souls somewhere, and what better place to call hell than the "Shadow Realm".
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrDirector786

@Grand Ninja said:

Really? Ah, that sucks. Anyway, Shadow Realm may just be a word to censor out death, but the dead still go somewhere and that's where Bakura controls. Remember, Yami Bakura is really "a dead soul" who possessed Ryo. When he defeats a player, he takes their souls somewhere, and what better place to call hell than the "Shadow Realm".

Yami Bakura is Zorc Necrophades trapped inside the Millenium Ring. Zorc's origin is also completely different in the versions. In the English version, I think he's some ancient evil force that's existed since the dawn of time and created the shadow realm. In the original, he was just an evil spirit born from the evil souls of all the people at Kul Elna when they all got slaughtered by the Pharoah's men to create the millenium items. Also, in the original manga, he put souls in other objects like in Monster World he put everyone's souls in little dolls. The only people I can recall him sending to another dimension were Bonz and his gang and he said he sent them to hell (which got censored into the "Shadow Realm" in the 4kids version) and they never appeared again in the show so they probably died.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Grand Ninja
@MrDirector786 said:

@Grand Ninja said:

Really? Ah, that sucks. Anyway, Shadow Realm may just be a word to censor out death, but the dead still go somewhere and that's where Bakura controls. Remember, Yami Bakura is really "a dead soul" who possessed Ryo. When he defeats a player, he takes their souls somewhere, and what better place to call hell than the "Shadow Realm".

Yami Bakura is Zorc Necrophades trapped inside the Millenium Ring. Zorc's origin is also completely different in the versions. In the English version, I think he's some ancient evil force that's existed since the dawn of time and created the shadow realm. In the original, he was just an evil spirit born from the evil souls of all the people at Kul Elna when they all got slaughtered by the Pharoah's men to create the millenium items. Also, in the original manga, he put souls in other objects like in Monster World he put everyone's souls in little dolls. The only people I can recall him sending to another dimension were Bonz and his gang and he said he sent them to hell (which got censored into the "Shadow Realm" in the 4kids version) and they never appeared again in the show so they probably died.

Interesting. You're going to have to bare with me. I haven't watched or so much read the show in years. Been hooked on the game these days. So despite the God cards, you don't think any of these gods are a match for Suma Sorath?
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrDirector786

@Grand Ninja said:

Interesting. You're going to have to bare with me. I haven't watched or so much read the show in years. Been hooked on the game these days. So despite the God cards, you don't think any of these gods are a match for Suma Sorath?

I don't think so mainly because of the lack of feats on behalf of the God cards.

Also, I'm not actually big about the card game but I am really into the manga and anime. Of course, I watch the Japanese version of the anime only because the English version was killed with fire. The English version censors out all the violence, blood, death, etc., and it even makes completely unnecessary edits such as changing the music (which was much better in the original), Americanizing the show, and even changing the story and characterization of the characters to a degree.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Grand Ninja
@MrDirector786 said:

@Grand Ninja said:

I don't think so mainly because of the lack of feats on behalf of the God cards.

Also, I'm not actually big about the card game but I am really into the manga and anime. Of course, I watch the Japanese version of the anime only because the English version was killed with fire. The English version censors out all the violence, blood, death, etc., and it even makes completely unnecessary edits such as changing the music (which was much better in the original), Americanizing the show, and even changing the story and characterization of the characters to a degree.

I think I'm going to watch these shows again. Can you show me a good site that shows me the real versions. My brother once told me that YuGiOh was really a show that wasn't really meant for kids back in the days when we used to watch it in... err.. 2002? I know they did this to DBZ too when it used to show on CN, but when I bought the DVD version, it was completely different in the terms of more perversion lol.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786

@Grand Ninja said:

I think I'm going to watch these shows again. Can you show me a good site that shows me the real versions. My brother once told me that YuGiOh was really a show that wasn't really meant for kids back in the days when we used to watch it in... err.. 2002? I know they did this to DBZ too when it used to show on CN, but when I bought the DVD version, it was completely different in the terms of more perversion lol.

Veoh is where I watch most of the Japanese episodes. Someone also recently uploaded all of the uncut English episodes on youtube. Just go to youtube and type in uncut yugioh and you should find them. It's too bad only 9 episodes were made in the uncut format though. I hear different reasons as to why they stopped. One is that the sales weren't doing too well. Another is that they were apparently competing with the sales of the regular dvds. For the manga, I go to kivmanga.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grand Ninja
@MrDirector786 said:

@Grand Ninja said:

Veoh is where I watch most of the Japanese episodes. Someone also recently uploaded all of the uncut English episodes on youtube. Just go to youtube and type in uncut yugioh and you should find them. It's too bad only 9 episodes were made in the uncut format though. I hear different reasons as to why they stopped. One is that the sales weren't doing too well. Another is that they were apparently competing with the sales of the regular dvds. For the manga, I go to kivmanga.

Oh snap! Thanks man, that was cool of you. That helps out alot. I once tried that awhile back on youtube, but all I could find that was complete were the Abridged series lol. Are you currently watching any other anime right now,because currently I've been watching Gun X Sword, Claymore, and Trinity Blood. Once I'm through with them, I'll probably create a battle thread with the characters.