Can any version of Darkseid beat Thanos?

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stevon

I know that modern Darkseid/Jobberseid would most lose miserably to Thanos, but what about the other darkseid's that have existed in the DCU (pre crisis darkseid, Great Darkness Saga Darkseid, Rock of Ages, etc)? 

Rules: 
Darkseid can only use his regular power set/abilities, but he also CANNOT use the omega beams 
 I know I only listed three other darkseids, but I mean any version, not just the three I mentioned
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

Any Darkseid would beat Thanos.

The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Dude.
@geraldthesloth said:

"Any Darkseid would beat Thanos. "

I have to disagree. It'd have to be PC Darkseid when he took out Mordru & TT!
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" Any Darkseid would beat Thanos. "

No Caption Provided
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By MrDirector786

Modern Darkseid isn't a jobber. Don't let Batdance/Truepwnage make you think that with all his pointless scans. Some of those scans were Avatars of Darkseid, while others were Darkseid in a weakened state, and his omega beams hitting himself is just bad writing because he's supposed to have complete control over them so he should have been able to just make them avoid him or something. Modern Darkseid is enough to beat Thanos. PC is overkill. Final Crisis Darkseid is also overkill.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@MrDirector786 said:
" Modern Darkseid isn't a jobber. Don't let Batdance/Truepwnage make you think that with all his pointless scans. Some of those scans were Avatars of Darkseid, while others were Darkseid in a weakened state, and his omega beams hitting himself is just bad writing because he's supposed to have complete control over them so he should have been able to just make them avoid him or something. Modern Darkseid is enough to beat Thanos. PC is overkill. Final Crisis Darkseid is also overkill. "
Well said.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis
@geraldthesloth said:
He would just have Gamora do it for him

No Caption Provided
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @geraldthesloth said:

No Caption Provided
"
This is probably the worst argument you could make for Darkseid. There are literally hundreds of valid arguments you could make that Darkseid wins (because he does) and yet you choose to post the same old out of context garbage you always do. I hate Thanos as much as the next guy, but clearly this picture is taken out of context, and you post it in every Thanos thread there is. Why? Do you need constant attention?
The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Dude.
@Lunacyde said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @geraldthesloth said:

"
This is probably the worst argument you could make for Darkseid. There are literally hundreds of valid arguments you could make that Darkseid wins (because he does) and yet you choose to post the same old out of context garbage you always do. I hate Thanos as much as the next guy, but clearly this picture is taken out of context, and you post it in every Thanos thread there is. Why? Do you need constant attention? "

Well put!!!!
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Perfect Cell

You guys don't know Thanos that well do you? Even when you claim you do, you underestimate him without any justification. So sure; if your opinion wants DarkSeid over Thanos, fine. But to have it as fact, no. Its unacceptable. Yes, DarkSeid's has capabilities to defeat Thanos, and vice versa. I'm not a complete Thanos fan, but I do respect his features and don't turn a blind eye against those features. The Omega Effect can't effect Thanos1st of all. It will inflict pain, yes. But Thanos will not disappear like one would simply wish. mrDirector786, mentioned; features due to bad writing correct? There are no 'supposed' if or buts about it. Why pin DarkSeids best features against, Thanos' bad writings? Not so fair is it?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Perfect Cell said:
" You guys don't know Thanos that well do you? Even when you claim you do, you underestimate him without any justification. So sure; if your opinion wants DarkSeid over Thanos, fine. But to have it as fact, no. Its unacceptable. Yes, DarkSeid's has capabilities to defeat Thanos, and vice versa. I'm not a complete Thanos fan, but I do respect his features and don't turn a blind eye against those features. The Omega Effect can't effect Thanos1st of all. It will inflict pain, yes. But Thanos will not disappear like one would simply wish. mrDirector786, mentioned; features due to bad writing correct? There are no 'supposed' if or buts about it. Why pin DarkSeids best features against, Thanos' bad writings? Not so fair is it? "
What proof do you have that the Omega Effect wouldn't effect Thanos? It has effected beings far greater than Thanos before.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis
@Lunacyde said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @geraldthesloth said:

No Caption Provided
"
This is probably the worst argument you could make for Darkseid. There are literally hundreds of valid arguments you could make that Darkseid wins (because he does) and yet you choose to post the same old out of context garbage you always do. I hate Thanos as much as the next guy, but clearly this picture is taken out of context, and you post it in every Thanos thread there is. Why? Do you need constant attention? "
Ahem..the reason I post it Lunacyde is to get the rabid Thanos fanboys to shut up...I am well aware that Thanos would beat Gamora easily, the point is someone who isnt even class 100 was able to harm Thanos...you are right, there are many ways that Darkseid could  beat Thanos..this scan is basically something to show the Thanos drones that he isnt as powerful as they make him out to be...
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666

PC Darkseid ftw.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Tevnoba

I actually believe that it can go either way.  Darkseid does have superior Strength and Reaction Times.  But, Thanos is more tactical both in direct combat, strategy, planning and standard equipment.

So in essence, yes, depending on set-up - most versions of Darkseid can beat Thanos.  However, it goes the other way as well.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Matezoide2
@Tevnoba said:
" I actually believe that it can go either way.  Darkseid does have superior Strength and Reaction Times.  But, Thanos is more tactical both in direct combat, strategy, planning and standard equipment.

So in essence, yes, depending on set-up - most versions of Darkseid can beat Thanos.  However, it goes the other way as well. "
agreed
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BIackFlash
@Lunacyde said:

" What proof do you have that the Omega Effect wouldn't effect Thanos? "

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis
@BIackFlash said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" What proof do you have that the Omega Effect wouldn't effect Thanos? "

. "
Why do you waste everyones time?
In the first scan, Darkseid never even landed the OB on her, and you want to use a scan of Batman kicking Darkseid?
Maybe I should get the scan of Captain America punched Thanos in the face

Superman is protected by the source

Doomsday beat up an avatar

and without prep or weapons Superman would kick the living hell out of Thanos

You fail
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Perfect Cell
@Lunacyde said:

" @Perfect Cell said:

" You guys don't know Thanos that well do you? Even when you claim you do, you underestimate him without any justification. So sure; if your opinion wants DarkSeid over Thanos, fine. But to have it as fact, no. Its unacceptable. Yes, DarkSeid's has capabilities to defeat Thanos, and vice versa. I'm not a complete Thanos fan, but I do respect his features and don't turn a blind eye against those features. The Omega Effect can't effect Thanos1st of all. It will inflict pain, yes. But Thanos will not disappear like one would simply wish. mrDirector786, mentioned; features due to bad writing correct? There are no 'supposed' if or buts about it. Why pin DarkSeids best features against, Thanos' bad writings? Not so fair is it? "
What proof do you have that the Omega Effect wouldn't effect Thanos? It has effected beings far greater than Thanos before. "
The DC/Marvel cross over. But you won't even accept that because of "non-cannon" issue and "bad writing" idiocy.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AtPhantom
@Perfect Cell said:
" The DC/Marvel cross over. But you won't even accept that because of "non-cannon" issue and "bad writing" idiocy. "
Gee, what makes you say that?
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@BIackFlash: So.... care to make a case for Thanos?
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By vuviper
@Perfect Cell said:
" @Lunacyde said:

" @Perfect Cell said:

What proof do you have that the Omega Effect wouldn't effect Thanos? It has effected beings far greater than Thanos before. "
The DC/Marvel cross over. But you won't even accept that because of "non-cannon" issue and "bad writing" idiocy. "
I hate it when I can't say things that didn't happen did happen too....
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
" @Lunacyde said:

" @Perfect Cell said:

The DC/Marvel cross over. But you won't even accept that because of "non-cannon" issue and "bad writing" idiocy. "
I hate it when I can't say things that didn't happen did happen too.... "
LoL
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By stevon
@Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell said:

I thought the original omega effect could erase any being from existence regardless of who they are. Is that true?   
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
yeah... any version of Darkseid could defeat Thanos in a random encounter of course...
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
@stevon said:
" I thought the original omega effect could erase any being from existence regardless of who they are. Is that true?    "
Yes.

Though to be fair, so can the current. provided no plot devices are present.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By MrDirector786

Actually, COIE Anti-Monitor survived PC Darkseid's omega effect.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most any version of DS I can think of

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@czarny_samael666 said:

PC Darkseid ftw.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Killemall

Any version CAN beat thanos, even the current ones but i am not saying every version WILL beat thanos. We can make case either way.

There are few versions of Darkseid that would curbstomp Thanos:

• PC Darkseid
  • Great Darkness Saga Darkseid (this is absolutely overkill)
  • Soul Fire Version

Darkseid vs Thanos should most likely be a stalemate in normal conditions. Darkseid is DC's top villian (not saying there arent others who are more powerful, for example Monarch) and Thanos is Marvels top villian (same to thanos as well, there are villians more powerful than him like Spinx).

jilebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jilebate

any version of darkseid wins

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By HolySerpent

It's not a solo for any darksied

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GDS Darkseid

Soulfire Darkseid

Jobberseid wins in a battle of who's the most jobber against Jobbernos

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Imperfect_Cell

The real Darkseid.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real Darkseid.

Yep, but an avatar more than likely can't

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell said:

The real Darkseid.

Yep, but an avatar more than likely can't

Yep, but the real one would stomp Thanos.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@Johnny_Nemesis said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

No Caption Provided
"

This is probably the worst argument you could make for Darkseid. There are literally hundreds of valid arguments you could make that Darkseid wins (because he does) and yet you choose to post the same old out of context garbage you always do. I hate Thanos as much as the next guy, but clearly this picture is taken out of context, and you post it in every Thanos thread there is. Why? Do you need constant attention?

Cuz people do not change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes there is a version.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the real DS exactly done? And isn't DS with Anti-Life still a jobber?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the real DS exactly done? And isn't DS with Anti-Life still a jobber?

The Anti-Monitor said he needed to get more powerful to face Darkseid.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By generator2000

@the_dude_ said:

@geraldthesloth said:

"Any Darkseid would beat Thanos. "

I have to disagree. It'd have to be PC Darkseid when he took out Mordru & TT!

Ol Pre Crisis!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers