Can a primordial being beat a omnipotent being?

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Seems on a different site someone said that a Primdoral being can easily beat a omnipotent being is this true?

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So theirs no one who can debate or answer?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i'd bite. depends on what kind of primordial being but most cases, said primordial is also an omnipotent

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BEYONDERGOD

@kyrees said:

i'd bite. depends on what kind of primordial being but most cases, said primordial is also an omnipotent

Well Like The Great Evil Beast Vs The Presence the guy used it as an example calling you know BS and how can a Omnipotent beat a Omnipotent i didn't answer because of my years of debating i didn't know how to reply to such a question which seemed like a huge contraction so i am asking here since there people who has more experience here for such discussions.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: i don't know much of what the GEB can do but the basic answer to omnipotent beings is that they stalemate one another because if one defeats the other, then the other being is not omnipotent.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@beyondergod: i don't know much of what the GEB can do but the basic answer to omnipotent beings is that they stalemate one another because if one defeats the other, then the other being is not omnipotent.

Thats where it makes no since.....the great evil beast is a primordial omnipotent being and he was easily defeated by the Presence just by absorbing him.....it even gave a good single point in my own mind.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kyrees

@beyondergod: as far as i searched on GEB, he's more like the presence's dark half so the presence absorbing him wouldn't be that far of a thought.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beyondergod: When did the Presence absorb GEB? From what I recall, GEB was convinced by Swamp Thing that good and evil are basically two sides to the same coin and then stopped his assault on Heaven or something like that. @JwwProd is more well versed in the GEB I think.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@beyondergod: as far as i searched on GEB, he's more like the presence's dark half so the presence absorbing him wouldn't be that far of a thought.

How about the presence seemly being a primordial being since he was created by outside forces but seems omnipotent its not just a huge wtf but also a mind f*ck since

A battle with a Omnipotent=/=Omnipotent in a stalemate

A battle with a Primordial >/<Omnipotent is a winner

basically its just we need more information on both and we do and i dont know any Primordial beings in Marvel if you count Pre-Retcon Beyonder or the non-canon pre-retcon Yin & Yang brothers

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BEYONDERGOD

@beyondergod: When did the Presence absorb GEB? From what I recall, GEB was convinced by Swamp Thing that good and evil are basically two sides to the same coin and then stopped his assault on Heaven or something like that. @JwwProd is more well versed in the GEB I think.

No Caption Provided

Basically next page or so GEB was shown to be absorbed.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrees

@beyondergod: the primordial title merely means that a being was there when the universe started so basically all the abstracts, LT, TOAA, galactus and the presence and his counterparts are primordials.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DraciosV

It depends completely on how the author writes it for that universe. It all depends on what universe you are talking about specifically and which being in question from that universe. As it differs widely universe to universe.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Yeah i knew Amatsu belonged there but doesn't Lucifer Morningstar and Michael+ angels count as the title?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kyrees

@beyondergod: considering heaven more likely existed before the universe appeared, i'd wager they are primordials as well.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Omnipotent means all-powerful

Primodial basically means older than recorded history or in many cases: Earth.

In the case of God vs GEB, GEB might be primordial (as it's pre-Creation old) but it might also be relatively omnipotent because it and God was essentially the only things around before Creation.

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am thankful for the comments i must go but please keep posting!

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeAnnunaki

@draciosv said:

It depends completely on how the author writes it for that universe. It all depends on what universe you are talking about specifically and which being in question from that universe. As it differs widely universe to universe.

Pretty much this. It also depends on whether a primordial being and an omnipotent being from the same universe are fighting.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@beyondergod:

Hello, this isn't a battle so I'm going to move it to another forum. Please read the battle forum rules before making threads.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You can't "beat" omnipotence. If one is truly omnipotent, then that means it can't be beat.

There is nothing more powerful than infinity (unless you're talking infinity on a "larger" scale, but it still doesn't matter much because both are infinite and without limit.)

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(...)

There is nothing more powerful than infinity (unless you're talking infinity on a "larger" scale, but it still doesn't matter much because both are infinite and without limit.)

Some would argue that "Zero" is more powerful than Infinity (maths point of view).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@bullpr: How can a zero possibly be more powerful than infinity? I can see someone claiming a broader or "larger" scale of infinity, but I don't see something being more powerful than it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mindf*ck.

But in all seriousness, an omnipotent being is likely primordial, and vice versa.

But Omnipotent is by definition stronger than everything else, including primordials.

Jmarshmallow

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BullPR

@bullpr: How can a zero possibly be more powerful than infinity? I can see someone claiming a broader or "larger" scale of infinity, but I don't see something being more powerful than it.

:-)

I don't want to disrespect you at all, I don't know you and I don't know how old you are, but this is exactly the question that two of my kids asked me last month (4th and 6th grades).

Just think about the fact that zero x infinity=0 and that 0/infinity=0

More seriously, being primordial doesn't mean being powerful. Just remember how life started on Earth...no really the most powerful known forms...

BEYONDERGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mindf*ck.

But in all seriousness, an omnipotent being is likely primordial, and vice versa.

But Omnipotent is by definition stronger than everything else, including primordials.

Jmarshmallow

i Chris angel-ed you