• 125 results
18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 18hunt

I am not saying that he is unbeatable, this is my question to you! No comic or anime characters. My friend, big O, said Ramuthra can, he, yeah right.

lolcattz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lolcattz

God can do it (See what I did there)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@lolcattz said:

God can do it (See what I did there)

I see what you did there :P

Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hondo_

Who is this Sun Wu?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 18hunt

Sun Wu? The monkey king, so powerful that he went into the heavens and defeated the gods, so fearsome that he forced the death god into checking monkeys' names from the death list. Strong enough to pull the moon from the heavens and change his size and shapeas he wants to. He is Immortal and nearly unbeatable, a master of magic and battle, also a sly trickster.

Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hondo_

@18hunt said:

Sun Wu? The monkey king, so powerful that he went into the heavens and defeated the gods, so fearsome that he forced the death god into checking monkeys' names from the death list. Strong enough to pull the moon from the heavens and change his size and shapeas he wants to. He is Immortal and nearly unbeatable, a master of magic and battle, also a sly trickster.

Mythological Zeus beats him

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

@18hunt: did he use magic to pull the moon

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Marduk would kick his ass six ways to sunday. Tezcatlipoca would tear him a new one. Tane would eat him.

Avatar image for the_mighty_beyonder
the_mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: any character above galactic level (and i'm being generous here with him) can kill him.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 18hunt

Please highly disagree with most of you use REASON, and I will counter. Also he almost pulled the moon from the heavens upon his foe, but decided his foe was to weak, (he was a giant demon who controlled nymphs.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 18hunt

Also goku was based off of Wu kong (he is very popular in Asia, kinda like superman here except he was made some thousand years ago). SunWuKong has an army of immortal monkeys that know magic and have skills in combat, he lives in a hidden mountain castle (behind a waterfall) where they have unlimited privacy. He looked for and trained with immortals for years. His power pole (sound similar to goku's?) can change shape and size for whoever can wield it, and it weighed too much for most people to weild, even the dragon king, but sun had no problem, as if it were a feather

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By darkelf35

Oh and he at the forbidden 桃子(peach) which grant the person who eats them immortality 100% immortality...he was trapped under a mountain of rocks for 800 years and came out 100% fine. he went into heaven and roughed up most of the celestial's except 玉皇(jade emperor) who is the ruler of heaven and earth (similar to LT) only answers to budah himself . so in essence to answer your questions i think only cosmic entities could challenge wukong.

Edit: to include feats.single-handedly defeated the Army of Heaven's 100,000 celestial warriors - each fight an equivalent of a cosmic embodiment, including all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha.

the only entity every to beat wukong was The buddah who trapped him in his hand(his hand stretched to the ends of the universe)

lolcattz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lolcattz

Ummm... Lovecraft's Azathot the idiot god!, he created the universe with a brain fart and a bunch of monters are trying to keep him asleep just so he doesnt destroy the universe by accident

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 18hunt

To dark elf did Wu kong ever get his revenge on the man who trapped him in has palm? Don't spoil much.

Militaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Militaris

Doctor Who , given time. While mainly a tv character there were book spin offs.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlueComet

@Hondo_ said:

@18hunt said:

Ha, no. Sorry hotshot Wukong would beat Zeus and then throw him out of Mt. Olympus.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darkelf35

@18hunt: No he didnt the buddah is pretty much TOOA but relatively benevolent monkey king could never do anything to get revenge against the buddah even if he tried. also monkey king became good after he helped the tang priest deliver the scriptures

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darkelf35

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@18hunt: You havent't say the whole thing yet, he can literally transform into anything he wants.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dondave

I remeber the Cartoon they made about him

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngryHulks

Mythological Zeus is pretty much universal in power, if I interpret correctly, the entire world is basically an entire universe. Vishnu and Shiva can also beat him. Jesus and Holy Spirit, Lucifer as well.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sync1

@darkelf35 said:

Spamz0r.

Anyway, i'd say Waverider.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rick_Grayson
@Hondo_ said:

@18hunt said:

Lol this gif is amazing
Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hondo_

@BlueComet:Nah myth Zeus is in invincible.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dextersinister

There are a good few books out there with there own version of an all powerful being and anyone of them wins.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Floopay

Ao from the Forgotten Realms series would stomp him into submission I'd think, as would many of the D&D Gods. Many through BFR or permanent imprisonment etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArticulateT

@Floopay said:

Ao from the Forgotten Realms series would stomp him into submission I'd think, as would many of the D&D Gods. Many through BFR or permanent imprisonment etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This, especially for the Lady of Pain. She'd probably maze him.

As for Comic Book Characters, I'd say start from things like TOAA and the Presence down to... hm... are there any notable entities between the levels of Lucifer and the Spectre?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 18hunt

Yeah, and no Greek/roman god Stands a chance against Sun! All he needs to do is go to the underworld and free the titans, then put them back! He is so strong, but my question is can Ramuthra beat him, I doubt it!

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 18hunt

Sun could take mount Olympus for his own, maybe even use the titans. Also could Ramuthra even do anything to him? I doubt it.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BlueHope

Aphrodite with her belt have total control of any male mortal or god. She wins

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 18hunt

How does Zeus win? And sun is a monkey, doubt Aphrodite could beat im

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlueHope

@18hunt: Second the myth is IMPOSSIBLE resist to Aphrodite seduction and manipulation when she is with her belt, she even manipulated Zeus

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlueComet

@Hondo_ said:

None of the Greek Gods were invincible. Any of them could be defeated by either a more powerful opponent, like Wukong, or a more clever opponent, like Wukong.

@BlueHope: They aren't of even of the same species for one. Second, Wukong has an ability which let's him see through any guise or deception which would include Aphrodite's belt.

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Marksman

Myth Zeus is far superior to Wu Kong.

Also God

Half of the Forgotten Realms Pantheon

Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hondo_

@BlueComet said:

@Hondo_ said:

None of the Greek Gods were invincible. Any of them could be defeated by either a more powerful opponent, like Wukong, or a more clever opponent, like Wukong.

@BlueHope: They aren't of even of the same species for one. Second, Wukong has an ability which let's him see through any guise or deception which would include Aphrodite's belt.

Zeus was.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlueComet

@Hondo_: No he wasn't, he was defeated by Hera at least once. Also his brothers Hades and Poseidon were able to hurt him before and the monster Python nearly defeated him, doing some serious damage. He isn't unbeatable and Wukong has defeated more powerful opponents on par if not stronger than Zeus in the past.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

Ha, no. Sorry hotshot Wukong would beat Zeus and then throw him out of Mt. Olympus.

If you are serious, not a chance.

He then freed his father's brothers, whom Uranus had chained. In token of gratitude, they offered him thunder and lightning. Furnished with such weapons, Zeus can thenceforth command "both mortals and immortals" (Theog. 493-506).

-- Taken from A History of Religious Ideas Vol. 1

... a monstrous being, Typhon, son of Gaea and Tartarus, rises against Zeus.

"From his shoulders came a hundred snake heads, frightful dragons, thrusting out blackish tongues; and from his eyes.... flared a light like fire," etc. (Theog. 824 ff.). Zeus struck him with this thunderbolts and cast him down into Tartarus.

For already in Homer Zeus recovers the splendors and powers of a true Indo-European sovereign god. He is more than a god of the "vast sky," he is "the father of gods and men" (Iliad 1.544). And in a fragment of his Heliades (frag. 70 Nauck), Aeschylus proclaims: "Zeus is the ether, Zeus is the earth, Zeus is the sky. Yes, Zeus is all that is above all."

Consciousness of his omnipotence is admirably illustrated in the famous scene in the Iliad (8.17 ff.) in which Zeus makes this challenge to the Olympians: "Then [you] will see how far I am strongest of all the immortals. Come, you gods, make this endeavor, that you all may learn this. Let down out of the sky a cord of gold; lay hold of it all you who are gods and all who are goddesses, yet not even so can you drag down Zeus from the sky to the ground, not Zeus the high lord of counsel, though you try until you grow weary. Yet whenever I might strongly be minded to pull you, I could drag you up, earth and all and sea and all with you, then fetch the golden rope about the horn of Olympos and make it fast, so that all once more should dangle in mid air. So much stronger am I than the gods, and stronger than mortals" (trans. Richmond Lattimore, The Iliad of Homer [Chicago, 1951]).

And while he is considered omnipotent, I do know he is not, and that the term is hyperbole. Regardless, Zeus definitely wins against Sun Wukong. There's a lot more to Zeus than this, and there's also a dependence on which Zeus you are using, but most of the time Homer's Zeus would be the most common, and in fact, Homer's Zeus not only defeated Typhon, but Gaia (the Earth) as well.

Even the supposed "weakest incarnation of Zeus", Hesiod's Zeus (and I realize we are most likely using a more powerful version than this), can still accomplish this:

[253] And now his thunder bolts would Jove wide scatter, but he feared the flames, unnumbered, sacred ether might ignite and burn the axle of the universe: and he remembered in the scroll of fate, there is a time appointed when the sea and earth and Heavens shall melt, and fire destroy the universe of mighty labour wrought. Such weapons by the skill of Cyclops forged, for different punishment he laid aside—for straightway he preferred to overwhelm the mortal race beneath deep waves and storms from every raining sky.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@Hondo_ said:

Nah myth Zeus is in invincible.

And this is not true either. Unless you are referring to Orphic Zeus (who is most likely not the case and I would consider Orphism to be apart from most Greek myths in general altogether), then Zeus is certainly not an invincible god, merely the sovereign.

Iliad 14.258.ff. presents Night as a comparatively powerful goddess: Zeus himself avoids angering her. It is significant that the most celebrated proclamation of theomnipotence of Zeusshould have connections with the interview that the supreme master asked a primordial goddess to grant him.

Yes, even Homer's Zeus is afraid of Nyx, and dares not to anger her.

Hondo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hondo_

@ShootingNova:I meant Orphic because he's the most powerful version.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova

@Hondo_: And I can tell you are replying with an ad hoc excuse. Try not to do so in the future.

Orphic Zeus isn't necessarily invincible, he is by far capable of overpowering his entire mythology, destroying, recreating and transcending it, but regardless, there's other factors to consider, and he is not outright stated to be omnipotent.

Orphic Zeus himself did consult Nyx at one point about how to control the empire of immortals, but this is off-topic.

@BlueComet said:

No he wasn't, he was defeated by Hera at least once.

Zeus was never defeated by Hera. Zeus's illegitimate children have earned her ire, had she truly been more powerful than Zeus she would have controlled him not to have affairs with other women. But she was powerless to do so. And again, the above post shows how much more powerful Zeus is than the rest of the entire Olympian pantheon combined, as well as the Earth and Sea and so on.

Also his brothers Hades and Poseidon were able to hurt him before

And again, I want proof (from legitimate sources) of any of this nonsense taking place before.

and the monster Python nearly defeated him, doing some serious damage.

Why does this even bear a mention, especially because Zeus was the victor and thus Python did not beat Zeus in the first place.

He isn't unbeatable

I never claimed him to be. I understand you are speaking to another post, but still that was mistaken anyways. And Orphic Zeus is indeed most likely unbeatable, at least by his own pantheon.

and Wukong has defeated more powerful opponents on par if not stronger than Zeus in the past.

No, he hasn't, either. He has been stomped by Buddha and he never fought anybody else even comparing to Zeus in power. Trust me, I am partially from the exact same culture that made these stories and I have heard them myself, and no, Sun Wukong is not more powerful than Zeus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShootingNova

@18hunt: To say no Greek or Roman god can defeat Sun Wukong is stretching profusely. If you want to know why Zeus wins, refer to my above quotes.

To suggest Wukong could use the Titans is nonsense. Zeus himself possesses the power to control them, because when he felt his power could not be threatened, he released Kronos and made him king of the Isle of the Blessed. Getting the Titans back would do nothing, anyways.

Learn about characters before making such absurb claims.

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BeaverSauce
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#43  Edited By turoksonofstone

Monkey King.Wins.

BeaverSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BeaverSauce

@BeaverSauce said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

THIS

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kingkronos

Sky-fathers could take him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

Sky-fathers could take him.

He said book character. It sounds like you mis-read that as "Comic book character".

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

@BlueComet said:

Any of them could be defeated by either a more powerful opponent, like Wukong, or a more clever opponent, like Wukong.

Well, Wukong is not nearly more powerful than them. Athena or Orphic Zeus or similarly are more clever than Wukong too. They have been called omniscient.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 18hunt

1. Myth zeus can not beat Sun, sun would just kill atlas their for destroying the planet

- Sun is a monkey, Aphrodite can not affect him.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 18hunt

Sun could destroy them all, could everyone explain why they thin who they think would win would win?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@18hunt said:

I am not saying that he is unbeatable, this is my question to you! No comic or anime characters. My friend, big O, said Ramuthra can, he, yeah right.

I'd say a freshly fed Galactus with the old power could possibly do it.