Can 5 50 ton levels get the secret weapon?

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandiego008

Scenario:
One day out and about grandmaster came upon a secret weapon that would increase the power of 5 individuals by an untold amount as well as make them immortal.  As the grandmaster himself is already powerful he did not want to have the burden of keeping this weapon for himself and decided to hide it on earth.  He tricked some of the greatest minds in the universe in helping him fortify this item in a building ... then had their minds wiped clean so they have no memory of helping the fortification of this weapon.

Growing bored ... later grandmaster decided to leak out the information to see how well protected the actual weapon was ... 

The minds that helped fortify the weapon under 15 floors of security are:

Grandmaster
 Grandmaster

batman
batman
 Mr. Terrific
 Mr. Terrific

brainiac 5
brainiac 5

Iron man
Iron man

Richard Reed
 Richard Reed

Develop a team of 5 (50 ton level or lower) that you think can get through this ... no warpers or walk through wall type people fortune tellers or anyone that you think can solo this.  You are going up against technology extremely advanced ... as the grandmaster himself designed the last 3 floors as well as the containment room.  The floors require 500 ton of damage to break so you have to go through the puzzle/traps on each floor ... but there are also star war droids guarding some of the levels.  The 15th level has a similar ultron robot ... but not made of adamantium.  You get 5 days prep between level after visually studying the level from the stairwell.

Can it be done?
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chaos Prime

with that much grey matter working on stopping it falling into the wrong hands even Thanos would have a job finding it imo :-)

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008
@Chaos Prime:  You think I should vary the rules a bit to make it two of anyone ... minus speedsters, teleporters, future tellers, phasers (walk through walls) and anyone that can solo?
Nexy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nexy21

Batman is peak human isn't he? I don't recall him being a 50 tonner...
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008
@Nexy21: No batman isn't a 50 tonner.  Batman is a great mind he helped develop traps/gagets used in the security of this weapon The Grandmaster has.  He then got his mind wiped. Pictures of the people in original post are the pictures of the people responsible for designing a security system for this weapon.  

The point is for  you to come up with 5 people who can get past this security system and get the ultimate weapon.  The 5 people have to be 50 ton limit or less.
Nexy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nexy21
@sandiego008

Ah i gotcha i kept thinking that you mean people on the OP were 50 tonners i was like uhhhhh..........lol
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime
@sandiego008 said:
@Chaos Prime:  You think I should vary the rules a bit to make it two of anyone ... minus speedsters, teleporters, future tellers, phasers (walk through walls) and anyone that can solo?
it is a hard scenario but imo can be done but i would probably include some outside help via comms with  a source ie -constant contact with HQ at S.H.I.E.L.D.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chaos Prime
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sandiego008
@Chaos Prime said:
Heres my team :-) 

Midnighter   
Igor 
Trapster 
Sandman 
& Mad Thinker
Wow that is an extremely good team ... I don't know enough about igor ... I actually think that team can make it .. but may not as I'm not sure if any of them can take down ultron on the 15th level.  Sand man can fill his joints so he can't move ... maybe?  Then again I'm not very informed on igor's power ... and how strong a blaster/gun becomes if he turns into it.

Of course that is assuming they get past grandmasters first 3 levels ... I actually didn't think I would see a team have potential to do this ... great job man!
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sherlock

Ok i cant resist Polaris with Jean grey as backup =)

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sandiego008
@Sherlock said:
No chance this team can make it.  Greatest minds will take into account polaris powers and will set many traps/obsticals that are non-magnetic-type.

Jean grey ... I am very unsure how she can do anything here unless phoenix force ... even then ...
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock
@sandiego008 said:
@Sherlock said:
No chance this team can make it.  Greatest minds will take into account polaris powers and will set many traps/obsticals that are non-magnetic-type.  Jean grey ... I am very unsure how she can do anything here unless phoenix force ... even then ...
Yeah Jean with phoenix could obliterate the planet this would be cake but if you dont think i can manage then ill switch to magneto and Nate grey
Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nessy

After reading it twice I get what you are asking now. 

Basically you want to know of 5 heros that have both intelligence, and A lot of strength (but not too much strength apparently).
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008
@Sherlock said:
@sandiego008 said:
@Sherlock said:
No chance this team can make it.  Greatest minds will take into account polaris powers and will set many traps/obsticals that are non-magnetic-type.  Jean grey ... I am very unsure how she can do anything here unless phoenix force ... even then ...
Yeah Jean with phoenix could obliterate the planet this would be cake but if you dont think i can manage then ill switch to magneto and Nate grey
Jean could solo this ... so she can't be used ... it's in the rules.

@Nessy
correct.
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cochise

Mister Miracle - world's greatest escape artist
Midnighter - his battle computer would help the team get past the obstacles
Longshot - insanely agile and his good luck power would protect the team
Spider-Man - agile, precog (I'm going with classic Spidey), and scientific acumen
Amadeus Cho - supergenius

I think each of these guys can fill a role and the team is stronger than the sum of their individual parts. None of them are physical powerhouses but I don't think that kind of team will get very far anyway.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chaos Prime
@sandiego008 said:
@Chaos Prime said:

Midnighter   
Igor 
Trapster 
Sandman 
& Mad Thinker
Wow that is an extremely good team ... I don't know enough about igor ... I actually think that team can make it .. but may not as I'm not sure if any of them can take down ultron on the 15th level.  Sand man can fill his joints so he can't move ... maybe?  Then again I'm not very informed on igor's power ... and how strong a blaster/gun becomes if he turns into it.  Of course that is assuming they get past grandmasters first 3 levels ... I actually didn't think I would see a team have potential to do this ... great job man!
Was thinking more along the lines if outside intel was at hand then Midnighter could contact the carrier for lets say the best possible actions then allowing the Mad Thinker to get to work on said situation too. 
If this was allowed im sure they could over come this scenario & take Ultron out too :-)
raxtsfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By raxtsfk

Spite thread. If Batman, Mister Terrific, Braniac 5, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards all worked together to helpGrandmaster to build a vault, and the Grandmaster built 3 floors and the "containment room", even Silver Surfer would have a hard time getting to the weapon inside. 

If the team had access to blueprints, it might be feasable. 

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sherlock
@sandiego008 said:
@Sherlock said:
@sandiego008 said:
@Sherlock said:
Jean could solo this ... so she can't be used ... it's in the rules.

@Nessy: correct.
I know thats why i used her
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sandiego008
@Chaos Prime said:
@sandiego008 said:
@Chaos Prime said:

Midnighter   
Igor 
Trapster 
Sandman 
& Mad Thinker
Wow that is an extremely good team ... I don't know enough about igor ... I actually think that team can make it .. but may not as I'm not sure if any of them can take down ultron on the 15th level.  Sand man can fill his joints so he can't move ... maybe?  Then again I'm not very informed on igor's power ... and how strong a blaster/gun becomes if he turns into it.  Of course that is assuming they get past grandmasters first 3 levels ... I actually didn't think I would see a team have potential to do this ... great job man!
Was thinking more along the lines if outside intel was at hand then Midnighter could contact the carrier for lets say the best possible actions then allowing the Mad Thinker to get to work on said situation too. If this was allowed im sure they could over come this scenario & take Ultron out too :-)
@ this ... I think inside would be a dead zone with all these people thinking of defense ... doubt communication from outside would be available.

@Cochise
Not a bad team but not sure they would get very far ..., I  would give them level 8 or so ...   but I don't know much about Mister Miracle ... and I thought Amadeus was almost a waste since they can get 5 days prep per floor maybe woulda went with richard reeds or someone whom is considered smarter (correct me on this ... as he is considered around 7th smartest but his ability seems like he should be smartest with computer like mind). 

However, you did add two state two people that would be extremely useful in this battle.  Longshot  ... and hint: domino .. and spidey.  All three of them have the ability to either survive or dodge a lot.  Depending on spideys speed he could prob. take ultron if he made it to the end.

@Chaos Prime
More info on igor might make me give you the win ... I just don't know about the final battle.  Sandman was a golden choice ... but there are still elemental traps I'm sure based on the minds ... maybe a luck based character would be better. ... not sure.

@raxtsfk
I've seen people complain on suggestion forums on not being able to tap into old school characters ... I thought this might help.  As of now the forums are filled with the same 50 characters over and over and over again ... just trying to make people think ... and I think this might be possible based on some of the responses.  This isn't a strong vs. strong match it's a very strategic match.  To respond to this thread with a team you actually have to take time instead of saying /spite ... /xxx wins.  

Also thanks to those who responded ... unless comic geniuses I'm sure it took a bit of time to put together your team.
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cochise
@sandiego008

First off, this was a fun thread. Ones like this, and the recent one about making a team to defend the bridge in Planet of the Apes are much more entertaining that straight-up fight threads IMHO. And you made an interesting thread that required imagination, so kudos. 

As for my team, I was tempted for a bit to load it up with luck-based people. Not just Longshot, but Domino, Black Cat, etc. Maybe their powers would have synergy with each other. But one of my self-imposed limitations was to pick people with different power sets/skill sets, to make it more fun. Mister Miracle is a guy who doesn't get much play on Vs. boards because he isn't geared towards fighting, but I thought he'd be perfect for this kind of thread. Basically he's an escape artist on the absurd power level/setting of the New Gods. As for Amadeus, I picked him because I thought Reed Richards was off limits, since he's one of the designers. Also while Amadeus may not be quite as smart as Richards I feel he is often shown to be superior at using his smarts "on the fly" so to speak. 

Again, fun thread.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sandiego008
@Cochise: so mister miracle is a god-like escape artist ... want to make sure I read that right .. as I have no idea who he is and I'm not getting a lot of info when I search him on this site all I get are cover shots of his comics.  Any feats you know of?  Reed was mind wiped .. as were all designers, you can ... actually use any of them but the grandmaster ... however I honestly would only advise to use one of them per team as the situation setup (I can be proven wrong) ... really calls for (as chaosprimes team is setup for) predicting in a fortune teller like manner ... w/ a little bit of luck and one power house for the end dance.

Anyways you are kind of right w/ amadeus ... not sure its a tough decision as reed is smarter but 5 days of prep isn't a lot considering the tech. they are going against.  Maybe the computer mind would be better ... very tough choice here.  He would be very useful for the end dance as he can compute many ways to beat ultron faster than other smarties.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Cochise
I believe limited precog falls under fortune telling. Also, I'm glad there's someone that knows about Mister Miracle and is actually using him.

@sandiego008: 
Great thread dude. :)  

My team:   
Bruce Banner- Banner tech and genius :) 
Midnighter- Battle computer. 
Classic Black Panther- Genius, stealth master, awesome suit... anything else? 
Sandman- His physiology becomes... sand. Very useful against the Ultron bot and within this scenario.
Mister Miracle- Escape artist. Can help the team with how and where to go ect.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sandiego008
@PunkMastaFlex:  Thanks for compliment on thread

Uhhh I just looked at wiki of Mister Miracle ... is this right?

"Mister Miracle possesses the Alpha Effect, the antithesis of Darkseid's Omega Energy. Its powers seem to cancel out or undo Darkseid's Omega Effect. Scott revealed he possesses greater power as the embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation, this power for all purposes allows him to warp reality, space, time, matter and antimatter on a cosmic level. The ability is apparently fueled by rage and negative emotions which Scott himself doesn't have a personality for normally. The Anti-Life Equation is said to give the being who learns it power to dominate the will of all sentient and sapient races. It is called the Anti-Life Equation because "if someone possesses absolute control over you - you're not really alive." but he refuses to use it as it reduces other beings to mindless slaves"

I mean this guys is a god.  This is 'scott free' ... I need confirmation if this is whom you guys are refering to ... if this is him he isn't allowed he is retarded strong.
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cochise
@sandiego008 said:
@PunkMastaFlex:  Thanks for compliment on thread

Uhhh I just looked at wiki of Mister Miracle ... is this right?

"Mister Miracle possesses the Alpha Effect, the antithesis of Darkseid's Omega Energy. Its powers seem to cancel out or undo Darkseid's Omega Effect. Scott revealed he possesses greater power as the embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation, this power for all purposes allows him to warp reality, space, time, matter and antimatter on a cosmic level. The ability is apparently fueled by rage and negative emotions which Scott himself doesn't have a personality for normally. The Anti-Life Equation is said to give the being who learns it power to dominate the will of all sentient and sapient races. It is called the Anti-Life Equation because "if someone possesses absolute control over you - you're not really alive." but he refuses to use it as it reduces other beings to mindless slaves"  I mean this guys is a god.  This is 'scott free' ... I need confirmation if this is whom you guys are refering to ... if this is him he isn't allowed he is retarded strong.
MM's possesion of the Anti-Life equation is really snot relevant in 99% of his stories. He really doesn't even use it when he's in mortal peril because it would corrupt him and be worse than dying. In general he's a skilled escape artist who doesn't age (being a New God) and has enhanced stats that are well, well below the Class 50 mark. He isn't a God in the conventional comic book sense. BUT you are right, even though he doesn't ever use it possessing the Antilife Equation at all probably should eliminate him... Shoot.

I picked my team more for fun but looking at the first post I'm drawing blanks on a Class 50 that could take Ultron, the guy is an absolute beast. A science type like Richards or Cho could come up with something with enough resources, maybe, but they don't get that here.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sandiego008
@Cochise: There are plenty of 50 ton that can beat ultron ... the problem is finding one that can beat him and help the team to get to him.  I honestly think sandman has a strong chance with this ... maybe I should make a sandman vs. non-adamantium ultron thread to see what people think?
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cochise
@sandiego008

Ah, I checked, non-adamantium, got it... Not as hard but still challenging. I'm not sure if Sandman would work though, his weaknesses always play into the fact that he's made out of sand, I can see Ultron blasting him with a heat ray and turning him into glass...

Would Sebastian Shaw be allowed? I'm sure if he violates the Class 50 rule.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sandiego008

Hmmm I dunno if shaw has ever absorbed enough to be a 50 toner or not ... I would allow him w/ a restriction on 50 ton absorption limit.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrtrevorguy

My team would be 
1) Kitty Pride 
2) Wolverine 
3) Carnage 
4) Magneto 
5) War Machine

raxtsfk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By raxtsfk

OK my team 

Batman - Team Leader + Battle Ultron
Amadeus Cho  - Brains, Figures out the traps
Domino  -  Provides luck, worked well in SnV with Logan
Quicksilver - Scout   
Sue Storm - Stealth + Battle Ultron

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sandiego008
@mrtrevorguy: kitty isn't allowed.

@raxtsfk said:
OK my team   Batman - Team Leader + Battle UltronAmadeus Cho  - Brains, Figures out the trapsDomino  -  Provides luck, worked well in SnV with LoganQuicksilver - Scout   Sue Storm - Stealth + Battle Ultron

I honest don't think your team makes it through this ... only 1 brains isn't enough and as stated previously I would opt for a smarter person.  I do think my competition was beat by chaos prime though.