#251 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Protection charms, spells that Dumbledore can create himself, invisibility, etc. Against..Camp Half-blood?

*facepalm*

#252 Edited by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: @mirrorwave4

CHB has Annabeth, who can also turn invisible, and is also a master with prep

With prep the Hephaestus Cabin has made cloaking too

As for Dumbledore, Chiron is the trainer of heroes and son of Kronos, I'd say he can at least fight of Dumbledore if not kill him

#253 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: What can Chron do to Dumbledore?

#254 Posted by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Snipe him with a arrow while far away or call his brethren Centaurs to come and help

Half-Bloods also have a resistance to magic considering they could stay away when Morphous put a sleep " Spell " on NYC

What can Hogwarts do to CHB?

#255 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

I had really hoped this was over

#256 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

For pity's sake!!!! SeeD wins!

#257 Edited by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#258 Edited by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Camp Half-Blood wins. Not only do they have Annabeth on prep, but she has about a dozen siblings. Then you have eight or nine Hephaestus kids, who are also good with prep and traps, about three dozen Hermes guys(with a month's prep they could probably sneak into Hogwarts and swipe everything but their underpants.), the Apollo cabin has more trick arrows than Green Arrow and Hawkeye combined, and are better shots. The Demeter cabin could grow a fortress of poison ivy, thorns, vines, gigantic Venus Fly Traps, and pretty much any other kind of plant, and the Dionysus's twins could reinforce it with grape vines. Then you've got Clarisse and her siblings(about a dozen of what Percy called the biggest, ugliest and meanest kids around.) who are very skilled in combat. Then you have the Aphrodite cabin, who aside from making sure CHB wins a fashion battle, has two powerful charmspeakers, who could turn the Hogwarts crowd against each other. Then you count in Percy, Jason, Leo, Nico( who can summon small armies of undead), Tyson, about fifty Satyrs, Festus the Bronze Dragon, Mrs. O'Leary, Blackjack and the other pegasi, and Chiron. Did I miss anyone?

#259 Posted by ShadoVvlite (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

CHB wins. They are demi-gods! Percy, Jason, Thalia, Leo and Nico can simply cause huge amounts of natural disasters or other godly powers.

Percy- Hydrokinesis, Geokinesis, Atmokenisis

Thalia/Jason- Atmokinesis, Electrokinesis, Aerokineses

Leo- Technokinesis, Pyrokinesis

Nico- Geokinesis, Necromancy, Umbrakinesis

#260 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell:

Half-Bloods also have a resistance to magic considering they could stay away when Morphous put a sleep " Spell " on NYC

An intentional spite to make Hogwarts look bad, hmm?

You know, the HP universe is focused around magic. If they have a resistence to magic, isn't it obvious that HP will lose?

#261 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell:

An intentional spite to make Hogwarts look bad, hmm?

You know, the HP universe is focused around magic. If they have a resistence to magic, isn't it obvious that HP will lose?

Not necessarily... Demi-Gods are resistant to magic, not immune. They were able to stay awake no problem during Morphous' spell, but because he wasn't focused on him. For example, Jason and Leo were both controlled by charmspeach by Medea at the same time, but she had to focus on them and lost control when Piper distracted her. Nevertheless, CHB still wins.

#262 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium: I hate battles where it's one-sided and HP loses. I mean, people think Dumbledore would die to a gang member! I encourage everyone: PLEASE do research and know that Hogwarts can't go against..Demigods. <.>

#263 Edited by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio
#265 Posted by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: this really isn't a stomp for either. Hogwarts is more versitile while CHB is better trained. ( also I don't think a gang member can beat Voldy. Just some very skilled gunmen with prep )

#266 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Let me explain the Guns and the Hogwarts thing. This is in general, but also applies to this thread.

First, it is explicitly stated that electronics don't work in areas with a lot of magic around. It helps explain why the wizards don't have the best of both worlds. Most of the gadgets Muggles would use in combat, from radios to nightvision, and even some weapons, would be rendered useless simply by there being so much magic around.

Second, it's implied in the books and outright shown in the movies that magic can manipulate Muggle devices, and Muggles themselves; Tom the bartender at the Leaky Cauldron silences a car alarm with a wave of his wand and some unknown nonverbal spell. If Alohomora can unlock a door that isn't magically sealed, then Locomotor could manipulate the action of a weapon, to jam it, make it backfire, or even stop the bullet in midair and redirect it to the shooter. Protego is a shield against most minor magical and physical attack, probably including bullets. Obliviate is not a slow spell to cast, even verbally. Neither is Stupefy or Sectumsempra. All three can render a Muggle combatant completely unable or unwilling to fight. Disillusionment can render a person invisible to all but the closest observer; Dumbledore can cast such a good one it rivals an invisibility cloak, and yes, wizards have those too. The Unforgivables could turn Muggle gunmen against each other or have them writhing on the ground in unspeakable agony, and yes, even kill them outright. If you think a Special Forces team would have any chance assaulting Hogwarts, you're sorely underestimating the weapons and defenses available to even a lone wizard; no wizard would even bother going toe-to-toe with a Muggle assailant.

Third, remember Muggles think magic is a complete fantasy. That's magic's greatest power against Muggles; we don't believe it. It's not explained in the prelude to Book 6 exactly how the Death Eaters destroy the bridge; in the movie of course it's a spectacle, but even then the Muggles might just have seen puffs of black smoke. Discounting magic as impossible, the Muggles would have instead come up with any other explanation they could, however implausible, because any other explanation would have been more plausible than to say it was "magic".

#267 Edited by Walzo (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

CHB wins. While I'm aware of all the tricks that the wizards can do, CHB has some powerful and strategic minds on it's side.

#268 Posted by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

I'm not saying normal people. I'm saying super skilled comicbook assassins

Like Deathstroke vs Harry, i think if DS had full info or a bit of prep he could pull it off 1 on 1

Also, most wizards can't react to a bullet quick enough to stop it in mid air.

And not all do, lots of people belive magic

#269 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Wizards are magical, Muggle technology doesn't work around Magic. Period. Hermonie said it plain and clear.

All those substitutes for magic Muggles use – electricity, and computers and radar, and all those things – they all go haywire around Hogwarts, there’s too much magic in the air.'

Goblet of Fire - pages 475-476 - Bloomsbury - chapter 28, The Madness of Mr Crouch

So, if there's too much Magic, then around Magic (like it plainly states) Muggle technology doesn't work. Dumbledore knows what a bullet is, a skilled gun men would NOT kill him. He'd be struck by a stunning hex before he could even fire. Or a simple Muggle-repelling spell would work. The point is, skilled gunmen wouldn't take down Snape, McGonagall, Dumbledore, Voldemort, etc without being destroyed, effortlessly.

If a man approached Dumbledore with a gun, he could wave his hand and manipulate the gun to back-fire on the owner as it is stated that Wizards can manipulate muggle technology. He'd then tell the Muggle to kindly leave, if he didn't he'd stun him. No one would die.

"Alot of people believe magic" Muggles have NO idea about ANYTHING Hogwarts does, including the Magic.

#270 Posted by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Guns don't use electricity.

Deathstroke has taken down much better people, Ironman ( completely human ) has been around Dr. Strange who has way more magic than anyone in the HP uni. Captain A. too.

Deathstroke with prep and info can take almost any in the HP uni. Its called sneaking and sniping. They won't even knew what hit them, no need to get close.

Ironaman has fought Thor, who uses magic and done ok, he could take down almost anyone in the HPU with prep

All depends what uni you gonna go by.

#271 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: 1. Guns are mugggle technology. Muggle technology doesn't work in Hogwarts.

2. Yet, there are multiple spells that can be used against Ironman, he wouldn't be able to get into HP. Dumbledore would simply manipulate his technology (he knows tons of Muggles, once conspiried to take them over) and make it backfire. Captain A would get shot down by Crucio and hit by Imperio,

3. Sneaking and sniping? Info in the HP Universe are locked in vaults, secret things in such. Also, GUNS DON'T WORK IN HOGWARTS. He wouldn't be able to get into the Hogwa- He wouldn't even see Hogwarts. The Muggle Repelling spell ensures this.

Hermione: "Salvio hexia...Protego totalum...Repello Muggletum...Muffliato...You could get out the tent, Harry..."
Harry: "Tent?"
Hermione: "In the bag!"
Harry: "In the...of course."
— Harry and Hermione conversing while the latter casts enchantments such as this one, taken from: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
This charm is also auto-cast over Hogwarts, and is also reinforced with illusions and things of such.

Ironaman has fought Thor, who uses magic and done ok, he could take down almost anyone in the HPU with prep

Not if his Technology is manipulated and it backfires (explodes)

#272 Posted by joewell (6612 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks:

Ok, this isn't the thread for this.

I don't know enough bout HP to debate, peace

#273 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooooooo
CHB for the win

#274 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: (Old, I know) It took 20-25 wizards apiece to control 4 dragons. And these were wizards who's jobs revolve around dragons...

And the Centaurs hate the Hogwartians. CHB won't be attacking them, so why fight?

#275 Edited by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Guns are pieces of metal with alot of bolts, gases, gunpowder, and pistons. For a basic sniper rifle, there is no electricity.

#276 Posted by ILikeCookies (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hogwarts would win in a full war. They outnumber CHB, and they also have shielding spells to prevent hostile entry into the school. Hogwarts could also unleash the Basilisk on CHB first, and kill a large number of demigods. A couple of Unforgivable spells could wrap things up. Plus, Dumbledore and Snape could come up with interesting tactics

#277 Edited by TheFanpireSlayer (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright here is my two cents in the ring.
I believe CHB wins this.

With a month prep you have Athena's Cabin who has Annabeth and 11 other kids all of which are very smart, maybe not as smart as Annabeth but still all people smarter then most of the average kids at Hogwarts, so think of 12 Hermiones working together.

Hephaestus cabin has 6-9 Kids as of Heroes of Olympus all of which are genius' with tech. These kids can create anything given enough time. And they have a month to many all sorts of things such as the Chameleon Armor that Beckendorf made.

Hecate's cabin has only 1 named Camper but there are said to be more (Mostly through the prank week where they mention the cabin playing pranks with other cabins) They are magic casters, the sons and daughters of the goddess of magic. They have been known to levitate things and play Got-your-nose with people. With a month, whats to stop them from placing counter curses and such on armor and weapons, making them that much more magically resistant.

Apollo's cabin has several almost a dozen kids according to the books. They are experts in archery, can heal people via song. Can curse people to only speak in rhyming couplets . They also have more trick arrows then DC and Marvel's archers could dream of.
- The rhyming thing could literally disable all students from 1rst year to 6th where they begin learning silence spells.

Hermes Cabin had the most people but now with just their siblings it about a dozen. They are skilled in athletics, are persuasive. Good at potions and alchemy, can sense traps and pick most locks with their minds.

Aphrodite Cabin has a few girls and boys but their average kids. Two of them are powerful Charmspeakers, when they speak you obey.

Now of course you have the Big three. Hades can raise armies of the dead at their command, control earthquakes, Control Shadows, Summon Hellfire, Summon monsters from the underworld.

Posiedon has Hydrokinesis; Atmokinesis; and Geokinesis. When wet their physical skills and traits are amplified.

Zeus has electrokinesis, aerokinesis, atmokinesis. Some users can fly, summon lightning through themselves or down from the sky, can summon storms as well.

So their abilities are all pretty powerful. Most of the students in Hogwarts know the exact same spells.
The Teachers and 7th years are the most dangerous for the half bloods but I am fairly sure that Percy can summon a Hurricane and suck them into the air. With wind pressures and the air being sucked out of their lungs due to the vacuum would make summoning their brooms impossible. Stopping it midair means 70% of the Hogwarts team dies when it hits the ground. At most the professors would survive and particularly skilled students.

So now its 15 or 20 Hogwarts vs Camp Half Blood at full force.
Can Dumbledore dodge lightning bolts? Can he survive underwater if sucked down into the ocean depths? Each professor specializes in a specific field of magic so people like Herbology, Astrology, Alchemy, etc are not going to be all that powerful and easily taken down. Which reduces these numbers further.

#278 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefanpireslayer:

Can Dumbledore dodge lightning bolts? Can he survive underwater if sucked down into the ocean depths? Each professor specializes in a specific field of magic so people like Herbology, Astrology, Alchemy, etc are not going to be all that powerful and easily taken down. Which reduces these numbers further.

No. He can not dodge. Redirect? Perhaps, yes. Can he survive underwater? This is the thing, Dumbledore has spells that no one in Hogwarts knows about in his head. Plus, his water magic is excellent. He incased Voldemort in a sphere of water once, nearly usffocating him. I'm sure Dumbledore can incase himself in a air pocket.

#279 Edited by TheFanpireSlayer (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: He did that in the movie, I remember that.
But I asked about the ocean depths. I mean can his air bubble or water orb surviving hundreds of pounds per square inch, thousands of pounds per square inch?

Dumbledore has spells we do not know about. But how far can we honestly speculate here?

#280 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefanpireslayer: AND he did it in the books, too.
And it was very unlike how he did it in the movies, get that straight.

I would believe so. If a powerful curse from a ring, which would have killed a Wizard within minutes, wouldn't have killed him for a year. Also, he can cast the Bubble-Head charm (since it is said he's a master of all charms). The Bubble-head charm would surely allow him to go under any depth of water he wanted to.

How far? Of all the Headmasters of Hogwarts, he has spells they didn't even know. No one in Hogwarts knew.

#281 Posted by TheFanpireSlayer (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Ok I don't recall that in the books, it has been a long time since I read that chapter. So whatever.

As far as the ring, You are aware it was because SNAPE intervened that Dumbledore had so long to live right? They state this in the book. They explain if he had come sooner to Snape he could have given him more time. Also they never outright say it would have killed a normal Wizard in minutes, they implied it was a powerful curse and would kill him very soon without help. they didn't give a time table.

Bubble-Head Charm allows him to breath. Not Survive Water Pressure. You know that stuff that can crush Subs? No where does it say the Bubble-Head (Which from the movie is just a bubble of air around the nose and mouth) can allow the user to survive at hundreds of feet below the surface.

Ok.. but we cannot use spells he MIGHT have known, Or we could go off Percy reaching God Levels, as he has steadily been rising to that over the series (Both of them). Your argument seems to be coming to "Dumbledore could possibly win because he might have a spell that could do that." well whats to stop me from saying "Percy could win because he might ascend to godhood on the battle field." Can Dumbledore take a god in combat? I highly doubt it.

The 'What Ifs' the 'Could Be', 'Should Be' 'Possibly Could' are to vague. We cannot use anything but what they showed and implied they could do with evidence to support it. Do I think Dumbledore could beat Percy in a 1 on 1. Yeah probably. But this is not about that.

#282 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefanpireslayer:

As far as the ring, You are aware it was because SNAPE intervened that Dumbledore had so long to live right? They state this in the book.

Yes, but Dumbledore survived long enough to get to Snape. A normal wizard wouldn't have held out that long.

They explain if he had come sooner to Snape he could have given him more time. Also they never outright say it would have killed a normal Wizard in minutes, they implied it was a powerful curse and would kill him very soon without help. they didn't give a time table.

Are you saying Harry Potter could have lasted longer then Dumbledore? No. The books state Dumbledore was skilled enough to survive to get to Snape.

Bubble-Head Charm allows him to breath. Not Survive Water Pressure.

What's stopping him from manipulating the water pressure not to come down on him? No where. The Hydrokenetic he used to encase Voldemort is unknown and no one else has used it in the books.

"But even as he shouted, another jet of green light flew at Dumbledore from Voldemort's wand and the snake struck--

Fawkes swooped down in front of Dumbledore, opened his beak wide and swallowed the jet of green light whole: he burst into flame and fell to the floor, small, wrinkled and flightless. At the same moment, Dumbledore brandished his wand in one long, fluid movement--the snake, which had been an instant from sinking its fangs into him, flew high into the air and vanished in a wisp of dark smoke; and the water in the pool rose up and covered Voldemort like a cocoon of molten glass." -Taken from: Harry potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

So, even though you don't remember, it happened.

You know that stuff that can crush Subs? No where does it say the Bubble-Head (Which from the movie is just a bubble of air around the nose and mouth) can allow the user to survive at hundreds of feet below the surface.

Nowhere does it say it can't. As I said, Dumbledore can manipulate the pressure to not come down upon him.

Ok.. but we cannot use spells he MIGHT have known, Or we could go off Percy reaching God Levels, as he has steadily been rising to that over the series (Both of them). Your argument seems to be coming to "Dumbledore could possibly win because he might have a spell that could do that."

Well, he it's not he MIGHT but he does. I'm not refuting Camp-Half blood, I'm defending Dumbledore and correcting your poor understanding of Harry Potter.

ell whats to stop me from saying "Percy could win because he might ascend to godhood on the battle field."

Because Percy has never done that in a battle. In his battle with Voldemort, he used unknown spells. Such as his forceful spell, along with the water spell.

The 'What Ifs' the 'Could Be', 'Should Be' 'Possibly Could' are to vague.

Yet, it is stated that Dumbledore has threads unknown to ANYONE. Dumbledore also has used spells in combat that were not known to ANYONE in Hogwarts, ANYONE in the Death Eater organization, or Voldemort himself.

We cannot use anything but what they showed and implied they could do with evidence to support it. Do I think Dumbledore could beat Percy in a 1 on 1. Yeah probably. But this is not about that.

You think that because you haven't considered the reality of Dumbledore's powers. But, Dumbledore has been STATED to know spells no one also has known, and is STATED to have used some of those spells in actual conflict.

#283 Posted by TheFanpireSlayer (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: I admitted I did not recall that, but that it was probably due to me not having read that chapter in quite some time. I was not saying it did not happen.

Your statement about the ring is just ridiculous. Your basing it as an impressive feat because Dumbledore was the one it happened to. That is no different then saying Dumbledore diving off the high dive is SO impressive and that if any other Wizard would have tried it they would have died instantly because no other wizard is seeing doing so and living.
In the books they call it a lethal curse, No where does it say it is an INSTANT DEATH curse. There is 0 Evidence that this curse would have auto-killed any other wizard. Would it have killed them faster if they didn't have a potion master who had decades of training in dark arts to help them? Yes for sure. But this is not a feat for Dumbledore, it is a feat for Snape in knowing how to slow its effects.

Spells in Harry Potter DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!, The bubble-headed charm is very clear about what it does, it produces a bubble for the user to BREATH it does not repel water pressure. You stating he DOES have a spell that he never showed is idiotic in a debate. That would be like me arguing that Percy could manipulate the water in Dumbledore's body and cause it to explode out his ass and auto-kill him. Percy has never does this but he does control water.. well following your logic he could do this to everyone in Hogwarts at once.

I know he knows spells we do not see, my point is we cannot use spells he doesn't display because there is to many things in the COULD BE area. He could have a spell that autokills every Deatheater in existence, He could have a spell that turns him into a nympho 16 year old girl. He COULD HAVE anything, the point is we cannot make use of those type of scenarios in a Debate Thread like this, its stupid and to wild. Like I explained before. Percy has slowly gotten to the point even the GODS are impressed by his powers. When a god is impressed by your power you might have something there. Percy has only ever gotten stronger. So to say he reaches GOD levels with his powers is actually not far off, he can already flood Texas, summon Hurricanes at will, can shake the earth around him, can cause volcanos to erupt through sheer force of will and his powers.

Your argument that Dumbledore can do all that with his possible list of spells is idiotic, and unfounded. So your argument is this in a nutshell. Dumbledore can be ANYONE be that Superman, Dr. Strange, The One Above All, ANY and EVERY God because he MIGHT know a spell to beat them. THAT is not possible.

I could say that since Percy has gotten older and stronger that he could use his powers on the level of a GOD is not far fetched as we have seen him TIE in power with Titans. Dumbledore got disarmed by a KID, Got TRICKED by a RING, And Didn't INSTANTLY destroy Voldemort even though by your belief he should have destroyed him on an atomic level by sheer force of will.

#284 Edited by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold on just out of curiosity are we still arguing about team vs team or just how powerful Dumbeldore is? because even with all his spells he would still lose to the likes of Percy, Nico Di Angelo, Thailia, and Jason Grace. Collectively they can raise the dead throw the very balance of nature out of whack and cause volcano busting earth quakes. Percy alone was capable of generating gusts of wind and water so powerful that not even the TITAN hyperion Lord of Light could keep his light burning. If Percy Thalia and Jason all channeled wind energy the demigods wands would be ripped from their arms and sent thousands of miles away. Heck their arms would probably be ripped off. The Demeter and Dionysus cabins are masters of all nature. The very earth itself would open and devour wizard after wizard. Aphrodites children would be able to use their very words to confound and destroy the minds of the wizards. And Nico and Leo, Hell Fire.

The reason why Hogwarts can't hope to win this fight is because they are not just fighting individuals whom they can point their wands and blast. The very forces of nature would be turned against them. Thunder and LIghtening would sear their flesh from the bone. The Auror and Nymphs and Stayrs would call on the power of wind, earth and seas to kill the wizards. It would be mass pandemonium as the wizards try to advance against gale force winds that tear their only weapon from their fingers. Tsunami waves that would drown legions of them and even the very earth itself would impede their movement. And on the off chance that they somehow get past that, the demigod children are trained killers they dodge and block arrows as warm up pratice. Spells would bounce harmlessly off their celestial bronze armour, shields and blades just as avada kedavra bounced off a regular bronze statue. And what they do not block they would dodge. Just as mortal men of little physical skill dodged the spells so would these children of the Gods dodge with their unearthly and supernatural speed, the too slow blasts of light. And with swift strikes they would cut down the wizard army.

IT would be a wizard Massacre. End this thread

#285 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefanpireslayer: Let's just break down your post, here.

1. "Lethal case, instant death" Where are you getting this stuff from? I will ask you one question: Could Harry Potter have survived Dumbledore's conditions? If he could, back it up with proof.

2. "Not a feat for Dumbledore". Being able to survive it long enough to get to Snape is a FEAT (Accomplishment).

3. "I'm stating a spell he has not shown is one he can use in a battle". He hasn't shown he can use a Hex, does that mean he can't? No, because he's stated as an expert in that aera. He has not shown Expelliarmus. Does that mean he can't do it? Where does it end? He has not shown Protego, does that mean he can't do it? He is a MASTER in those aeras, so we can safely assume Dumbledore has the ability to use charms if students(OR PEOPLE HE USED TO TEACH) can.

That would be like me arguing that Percy could manipulate the water in Dumbledore's body and cause it to explode out his ass and auto-kill him

1. No cursing please.

2. Dumbledore has stated to be a master of Charms, which means he knows all/most of them.

. Percy has never does this but he does control water.. well following your logic he could do this to everyone in Hogwarts at once.

My logic goes off of statements, quotes and feats. If you don't like it then you have the right to go away.

I know he knows spells we do not see, my point is we cannot use spells he doesn't display because there is to many things in the COULD BE area.

By your logic, he's the weakest Wizard ever and Harry is stronger then him, when the books clearly say he was the strongest Wizard in the HPU, only one that Voldemort feared.

He could have a spell that autokills every Deatheater in existence, He could have a spell that turns him into a nympho 16 year old girl. He COULD HAVE anything, the point is we cannot make use of those type of scenarios in a Debate Thread like this

1. If he had a spell that autokills every Death Eater in existence, it'd be useless and he would have used it by now. He easily defeated Death Eaters before without breaking a sweat. Hell, they RAN from him.

2. A 16 year old girl? I'm not so sure about that. However, he does have transfiguration (he used to be the transfiguration instructor before Headmaster).

its stupid and to wild. Like I explained before. Percy has slowly gotten to the point even the GODS are impressed by his powers. When a god is impressed by your power you might have something there

And? I don't give 2 craps about Percy. I'm here to correct your mistakes about Dumbledore, and you are on the offensive while I do not even need to piece together a big response. By your logic, Superman would die to percy. Hawkgirl would die to Percy. DARKSEID would die to percy. (Darkseid's powers have never been said to be impressed by gods, even though darkseid is one).

Percy has only ever gotten stronger. So to say he reaches GOD levels with his powers is actually not far off, he can already flood Texas, summon Hurricanes at will, can shake the earth around him, can cause volcanos to erupt through sheer force of will and his powers.

Dumbledore can slow a flood. He may not be able to stop it, but he can slow it and give people time to escape. He has no answer to hurricanes except teleporting away from him. Earth shaking? Dumbledore has no answer to that. Volcanos? Flame-freezing charm.

Your argument that Dumbledore can do all that with his possible list of spells is idiotic

What list of spells? We don't KNOW his list of spells because he has spells that are hidden from everyone!

So your argument is this in a nutshell. Dumbledore can be ANYONE be that Superman,

You're about to lose credibility...

Dr. Strange,

.....Wha?

The One Above Al

You've lose credibility. I am done. The One Above All is omnipotent and could make Percy wet his pants if he wanted to, or flick Percy on the side of the road. He can simply take away Dumbledore's magic (which doesn't hold a candle to omnipotence) from him.

I'm done with you, you have lost all credibility.

#286 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio
#287 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis: I myself told Name555555 to stop once, he did not listen. Name555555 can go beyond reasoning, but is still good. I go by facts. I can not longer argue Hogwarts vs Camp-Half blood, but I can argue Dumbledore's power which is what I am doing.

Keep it pithy.

#288 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Camp half blood due to armies

#289 Edited by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: This is about CHB vs Hogwarts. Dumbledore's power is massive, I agree, but going by what you're saying he COULD have anything. So, how about we just stick to the idea that Dumbledore knows 99% of all known spells in the HP series, and knows alot more we FIGURE he knows (like stopping water pressure, THAT is realistic and likely known by him. But saying stuff like [and I'm not saying you did say it] having a spell that unleashes an explosion about 3/4ths of a thermonuclear bomb? Hell no.). Besides, I'm pretty sure the OP stated that Dumbell was in this fight anyway. That's why CHB is just under curbstomping range.

And yes, it IS a feat for Dumbell to get to Snape. However, it was likely not an INSTANT death. I think that the effects were, like, 10 minutes until death. Dumbell DID survive it long enough (which is a feat) for Snape to slow the effects, but he can't SURVIVE a death charm like that.

#290 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7856 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember this thread.

#291 Posted by mipk90 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Hogwarts easily. Remember at the end of the Battle of Labyrinth when all those creatures came from the maze? The camp had LOTS of time to get prepared and most of their army was gone in a few minutes. At Hogwarts, the school had NO time to get ready for Voldemort at ALL and they still won. After about three hours just a few people were gone. If I add the centaurs and giants and spiders and a hundred other things, Hogwarts wins two thumbs up.

#292 Edited by jollyw20 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

[This is gonna be long, so bear with me.]

How about CHB just airdrops stones from the Hecate Cabin onto Hogwarts? One stone is said to either explode or turn everyone within a half-mile radius into trees. After that, the demigods get off the Argo 2 and start chopping away. If there happen to be any survivors or immune magical creatures, Stygian Iron arrows [or any other projectile] shot from the Argo 2 or Hephaestus Cabin built automatons will do the job. Stygian Iron is said to be harmful to all [gods, monsters, and mortals] and be able to absorb the essence of any creature it touches/strikes. So no more arguing whether Wizards are Humans or Creatures; if they get struck with Stygian Iron, byebye Wizard. I read that Dementors can’t die because they were never alive in the first place. So of course the only known and very useful defense wizards have against it is the Patronus Charm. But wizards don’t have Stygian Iron, which even the undead/dead and monsters are afraid of, and even if they knew of it, only Underworld gods and their descendants can handle it without being affected. It doesn’t matter what you are, it will harm or kill you [only immortals can survive truly fatal blows, because they’re immortals. And I mean ‘god/titan-immortal’, not ‘hunter-immortal’]. It’s assumed that monsters whose essence have been absorbed by Stygian Iron weapons cannot reform, though not proven. Seeing as even ghosts can be affected, and they’re intangible to anyone not of Underworld origin [gods/demigod], you can bet that Dementors will be struck. The stones are not considered insta-kill, because they don’t kill unless they explode, they turn you into ‘living’ trees; and Stygian Iron can be used to just be fatal, not instantly kill.

As for robots/automatons to be sent in and wizards blasting them to pieces. If these automatons are made of Imperial Gold, they’re practically walking bombs. If the spells that the wizards try on them actually work, again, byebye Wizard. It is speculated that if Imperial Gold is broken “…it would cause an explosion powerful enough to create a 30-ft deep crater in a mountain.” Now imagine how many of those the Hephaestus and Athena Cabins could build in a month, then once one is destroyed [destroying much of the land in the process], the wizards might be reluctant to destroy them and be forced to hold them off, taking some of their attention off the demigod army. So they would have to send the animated statues to fight, but then the automatons would most certainly have defense systems worthy of Hephaestus and Athena, plus, again, the danger of destroying one is pretty bad.

Before I continue, let’s bring in the numbers. There are about 1000+ wizards in Hogwarts [without the Order of the Phoenix. And since someone said something about only those fighters/monsters available on the grounds can fight, let’s only include Battle of Hogwarts groups, meaning students, staff, and OotP]. Now let’s be honest, if everyone is in character, most of the young wizards won’t be able to handle the bloodshed of battle or even be able to properly fight [not everyone is as brave/courageous/experienced as the Golden Trio]. I mean, one troll gets sneaked in got into Hogwarts and everyone was evacuated to their dorms [why send the Slytherins to their dorms in the dungeons if the troll is said to be in the dungeons. Just keep everyone in the Great Hall] while all the staff had to go take care of the troll, and the majority of the students were terrified. So let’s take off fourth years and down. 1000 divided by 7 then multiplied by 4 = about 572. That takes about a little under half of the students, leaving you with about 428 students. Now, obviously, they’re not all trained to fight. Yeah they get one month prep, but how many useful spells can you teach in that amount of time. Powerful spells have to take a good amount of time to master, then you have to add in the confidence to use that spell when the time comes. Most of the spells that would be used in this battle, the DA took months to master, with some of them being pretty mild. Add in the reluctance some might have to use the Unforgivables in battle, which has been shown in both the 7th book and the movies…eh. Even in a life-or-death battle, some light wizards still refused to use them; I mean, Harry won with a disarming spell just because it apparently rebounded the killing curse back at Voldy. So now, I’m sorry, but I’m gonna have to take the fifths years out. 428 minus 143 = 285. Ouch, talk about numbers dwindling down! And don’t say I’m being unfair, because not all the students were present at the Battle of Hogwarts. Most were led out through secret/hidden passages, so you can’t expect them to just decide to become battle-hardened warriors in a fight against demigods, most who have been trained to battle monsters since the age of about 12, some younger [Annabeth had been training since 7 years old, and I’m sure she’s not the only one], and all were fighting in the Battle of Manhattan with the only ‘adult’ being Chiron and he’s a magical creature. Now we can add in staff and OotP, which let’s say is 50 more to the bunch. 335. With magical creatures/monsters on the grounds or can be called upon [ex: Buckbeak, Dementors] . Against about 150-200 demigods and all their magical creatures/monsters in the borders of CHB or can be called upon [ex: Mrs. O’Leary, undead from Underworld]. And if the Hogwartians bring in the Ministry of Magic and their Aurors, CHB is bringing in the Hunters of Artemis [about 20 hunters] and the Roman Legion [about 200 with more in New Rome ready to step up to the plate, plus all those out in the real world that would show up to kick some wizard butt].

Using a spell like Fiendfyre is practically calling for a tie or something. It cannot be controlled or put out without the magic spell to counter it. Let’s hope someone in the wizard group knows how to put it out before it turns on them [cough-Crabbe-cough]. And if they decide Fiendfyre is too risky, CHB drops some Greek Fire, which only the Greeks know how to put out, and which can come in small amounts to control it in a way.

And who said the demigods wouldn’t use other metals for weaponry. If they are unsure if Celestial Bronze or Imperial Gold would work on wizards, I’d doubt they’d hesitate to use mortal metals if it means life or death. Wizards ain’t immune to that. If they get disarmed, my next point [next paragraph] will insure that they can get up close and personal and use that hand-to-hand combat they have been trained to use every summer [or year, for year-rounders] since they arrived at CHB.

Lastly, something no one has bothered to mention that could be the deciding factor in who wins. Hermes’ Multivitamins! “In ancient times, Hermes' multivitamins were magic herbs which were called Moly. Hermes gave Odysseus the magic herbs on Circe's island to protect him from the witch's power.” The vitamins were based off herbs in the Myths that make you practically immune to magic. In the HPverse, Circe actually exists, just as a witch with a thing for turning men into pigs. She is even featured on a Chocolate Frog card, marking her as a significant individual in the Wizarding World. If someone like that cannot affect someone who’s eaten one of those vitamins, good luck wizards in affecting demigods using vitamins blessed/made by a god to become immune to your magic. Annabeth used one of these vitamins to become immune to Circe’s magic, plus she used it on the guinea pigs to counter Circe’s magic and turn them back into humans, and they were able to stay immune long enough to take down Circe’s whole island, so I believe that’s enough time to incapacitate/kill all the wizards and win the war. These multivitamins would render most or all magic spells useless, including transmutation/transfiguration and the Unforgivables, if anyone is even ok with using them. And in a month, I doubt the Hermes Cabin would have much trouble acquiring many of these vitamins and supplying them to the whole camp.

So let’s give Mrs. O’Leary some of those vitamins and play some Get-The-Wizard.