Callidus Assassin v Striking Scorpion (40k)

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chaos Prime

A Callidus Assassin has been sent to the Jungle Planet of Catachan to deal with an Eldar Exarch Striking Scorpion who has killed scores of Catachan Fighters but thus avoided capture.

The Assassin has full info on the Striking Scorpion.& has her usual gear for this encounter.

The Striking Scorpion is on high alert but unaware of the Assassins threat & has the following Weapons/Gear -

Mandiblaster

Scorpion Chainsword & Shuriken Pistol.

Aspect Armour.

The Assassin & Eldar start this encounter 2 miles apart in a dense Jungle Dawn.

Fight to the Death.

Who Wins?

Callidus Assassin
Callidus Assassin

V

Striking Scorpion
Striking Scorpion
Location of Encounter Catachan Jungle.
Location of Encounter Catachan Jungle.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Feats?

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats?

for both? Or a general run down? The Links have quiet alot of helpful info BTW forgot to mention the Striking Scorpions gear.Will do an edit :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist

I just got rid of most my feats for Karandras and his collection of souls of SSs in him. I think the Calidus wins easy. A Exarch would be a handful. Most SS common warriors go down to much less than a Callidus.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got rid of most my feats for Karandras and his collection of souls of SSs in him. I think the Calidus wins easy. A Exarch would be a handful. Most SS common warriors go down to much less than a Callidus.

Callidus have never been that good at finding hiding enemies, more at stealth and the SS would probably be hiding somewhere.

Still if it came down to an actual fight Callidus would win 9/10.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Calidus still has super human senses and eyes to see perfectly well in the blackest dark like all assassins.

Also Calidus are faster than Eldar in most cases. Exarchs are ofcourse more skilled and faster than the average Aspect Warrior. This was heavily proven in the Eldar Novel Warrior.

In the Soul Hunter Novel, M'shen gets ambushed by 4 Eldar Raiders, she kills all 4 of them and loses a hand. she had no weapons on here either really at the time.

I do not see a single average run of the mill SS besting a Calidus who has a C'Tan Phase Sword and Neural Shredder at all.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

& there i was thinking by giving the Assassin prep & the SS an ideal setting & being on high alert this would have been an even encounter Lol

So Exarch it is then.Gear/Weapons stay the same tho :)

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

& there i was thinking by giving the Assassin prep & the SS an ideal setting & being on high alert this would have been an even encounter Lol

So Exarch it is then.Gear/Weapons stay the same tho :)

Exarchs are also nigh-batsh*t-insane and would probably seek out the Callidus, then slaughter it.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium I know & some have over a 1,000 years of experience too but i trust CadenceV2 on this one because he knows his Assassins :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how Batsh!t insane a Callidus is.

M'shen with no Neraul Shredder or C'Tan Blade vs Talos and 5 Eldar Raiders.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Insane.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lady_liberty

The Callidus. All the Temple Assassins are off the charts good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Man it is SO HARD to keep track of threads with no notifications :(

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Callidus. All the Temple Assassins are off the charts good.

Even after the edit being an Exarch SS?

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd damn well *hope* that the Assassinorium knows what it's doing well enough to have Assassins better than Joe Schmoe exarchs.

Now higher level Exarchs probably beat most Calidus Assassins and Karandras punched his way into a tomb world and punched his way out.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

The Assassin. Strike Scorpions are roughly Marine level maybe higher or lower depending on skill and weapon levels. Assassins can and have taken out multiple Marines in the past. The Calidus should win this handily.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Compared to Assault marines, Scorpions are faster (more attacks, better initiative), are about as strong and as well armored, but the Marine is significantly tougher physically. That being said, the scorpion can usually beat an assault marine by the skin of his teeth. They are a bit more skilled but not amazingly so.

An Exarch with a powerfist strikes as quickly as he would with a sword, Eldar power fists aren't slow and cumbersome like Ork or Human (or recently Tau) versions, but are still just as hard hitting. So an Exarch would splatter a Sergeant before he can even swing back.

Nobody cares about the other weapons an exarch can have. There's a strength enhancing sword and chainclaws with shuriken weapons stapled on but on the other hand, Power fist that can be swung with more speed and grace than a ballerina dancer.

Karandras can punch out Dreadnoughts and Hive Tyrants before they can even swing, 'nuff said.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Hence why I said roughly Marine level. Their extra speed and agility allow them to make up for the Marines durability and endurance. Still doesn't give the Scorpion much of an advantage given Assassins can take out multiple Space Marines in close combat at the same time.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: True, while I dislike using game mechanics, statswise a Callidus Assassin outclasses an Exarch pretty thoroughly. A power fist exarch has a chance of splattering a Callidus assassin if it miraculously survives the opening assault though.

But any Callidus or Eversor assassin who goes up against Karandras gets their skull punched out their head before they even get to throw a single punch.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Its not really to do with game mechanics. Assassins in books have taken on Space Marines and won quite convincingly. Notably Eversors. However in Nemesis, Estriede Kell (a Vindicare assassin) managed to fight Garatine (Eversor) in close combat and hold his own well despite the fact Vindicares only use close combat as a last resort. If even a sniper assassin can hold his own against an Eversor in close combat where a Space Marine couldn't despite the fact they don't like close combat it shows the skill level difference between a Marine and an assassin.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Well, Assassins have to work alone deep in enemy territory, and the Astartes, no matter how few, typically can expect aid from their battle brothers, so obviously the Assassin is a superior solo combatant barring extremes like Asterion Moloc (a righteous badass) or Logan Grimnar.

I was using the tabletop rules as a general measure of how they'd stack up.

Obviously a Phoenix Lord is going to dump on an Assassin but Joius Schmothanesh the Exarch? Yeah he dies.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@guardian_of_gravity: Well considering its nigh-impossible to kill a phoenix lord what with them having no corporal body and all its to be expected lol.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: The Eternal Debate of Phoenix Lord vs Primarch.

I will say this in the Phoenix Lord's favour, Maugan Ra cuts biotitans in half with a single blow, solos Tyranid fleets, and beat up on the legions of chaos and dragged his craftworld out of the eye of terror.

Say what you will about the Avatar of Khaine getting decked by everyone and their dog, but Maugan Ra is like Kaldor Draigo level over the top. Except he's Draigo's senior by like ten thousand years so it's cool.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I think it kind of depends on the Primarch in question. Ie: Primarchs like Sanguinus who have that "one-hit kill no matter how powerful you are" weapon or Magnus who can time-stop and stuff like that are probably out of his league. Ultimately it all depends on who the Phoenix Lord is facing.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think even the weakest of the Primarchs would wreck a Phoenix Lord.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Well technically even Abaddon carries and insta-death weapon. But of course, Abaddon is kind of naff without Drach'nyen.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Well technically even Abaddon carries and insta-death weapon. But of course, Abaddon is kind of naff without Drach'nyen.

Difference is even in the books and lore Sanguinus was capable of one-shotting Horus even when possessed by the 4 chaos gods not just in mechanics. Hence why Horus set all those guys one him prior to fighting him to weaken Sanguinus.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Difference is even in the books and lore Sanguinus was capable of one-shotting Horus even when possessed by the 4 chaos gods not just in mechanics. Hence why Horus set all those guys one him prior to fighting him to weaken Sanguinus.

IMO Phoenix Lords by feats, and the way Karandras rocked in the Novel Warrior, are a match for Primarchs. They are essentially the Primarchs of their time. Karadrad manhandles a Dreadnought and with a Eldar Soul recovers 100% to fight again. Maugan Ra soloed Nid fleets.

Also Abaddon with all 4 Chaos Powers commands Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons. If Horus swelled with the 4 Powers can match the Emperor, then Abaddon with all 4 should more than match a Primarch.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I know about is Striking Scorpion, so I'm going to avoid posting a biased answer and get the hell outta here