User Lists: 0

FIGHT FOR IT ALL BOTH ON A RAGE WHO WINS

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

gladiator as in kallark? which version of cable?

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Super_Mod
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Depends on which version of Cable.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator curbstomps

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake superman wins

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: Are you sure about that or is this another "Hulk can't lift 16k tons" fiasco?

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: Are you sure about that or is this another "Hulk can't lift 16k tons" fiasco?

Will you get over it? I said at his calmest level when he has no anger, nothing at all he can't do that. It's a common fact his strength increases the stronger he gets and he is said in the bio to be a 100 toner. And if you seriously Think Gladiator who is near lightspeed loses this battle you are stupid.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 punch and no more Cable

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gladiator

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rpgesus

@elderskaar: are you sure lol.... cable was fighting silver surfer while holding up a huge city with tk all while repairing the damage done to said city while not wanting to fight then breaking ss board has also fought hulk, x-man, and lightmaster so he has shown ftl reactions

also has shown planetary level tp, whats to say he can telepathically beat him?

Avatar image for mightythunderbird
MightyThunderbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: Was lightmaster actually sending projectiles at him ?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This depends on the version of Cable. Messiah Cable would win. Current would get curbstomped.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

kallark

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Infinityball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know much about either but I say Nate mind rapes him

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable due to his superior and considerable mind abilities...tk,tp,etc...

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostRavage

@elderskaar said:
@ghostravage said:

Will you get over it? I said at his calmest level when he has no anger, nothing at all he can't do that. It's a common fact his strength increases the stronger he gets and he is said in the bio to be a 100 toner. And if you seriously Think Gladiator who is near lightspeed loses this battle you are stupid.

I won't, because your excuses hardly justify such ignorance towards the character in question. Hulk has never been stated to be a Class 100 but a Class 100+ which includes people going from Juggernaut to Pre-Retcon Beyonder, not only that but the fact he has an horrendous amount of feats to suggest he can lift that amount of weight without stressing nor exerting himself... A calmed Hulk held the weight of 2 moons while being weakened. In fact, your approach to the subject is indeed full of stupidity.

That said, Savior Cable has lightspeed reaction feats on panel, hence why i stated it depends on the version. Talking about stupid... This is absurd.

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathan vs Kallark

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people so often claim "it depends on the version"? Unless stated otherwise, it's assumed to be the latest incarnation. ALWAYS.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Cable's best feat fighting SS ? Considering that Gladiator is the strongest Annihilator *clears throat* shouldn't he stomp nate easily

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedailybagel  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

You tell em. By the way, haven't seen you in a while.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: The moon estimated weight is about 81 billion tons, he held a mountain which weighted 150 billion tons...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I really think ss is the strongest annihilator but that's besides the point he was really trying to fight him and at the time he was holding up a huge city with tk while repairing that city while trying to convince ss to stop attacking I believe cable could mind rape gladiator to the point that he could lose confidence and win but it would a close fight

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ghostravage: the moon weighs approximately 81 billion tons? Jesus Christ...

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ssj_god

@bigmedlock said:

Nathan vs Kallark

.. cable's name is nathan.. everyone knows that... everyone is asking what version of cable is this.....

is this TO virus cable (severely lacks power ... gladiator would curbstomp him)?.. or TO virus removed cable (who fought with silver surfer)?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: I doubt that would happen he has resistance to tp

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: idk didn't he only force out emma frost from looking into his mind not really trying to mind rape and only after realizing she was doing it emma was straining with cerebro to shield the team from cables tp so I think an argument could be made that he could mess with his mind

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ElderSkaar

Aren't we using the standard x-man member Cable who is a mid tier at best? He doesn't stand a chance against Gladiator. One punch is all it needs to make a hole in his face.

No Caption Provided

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: Cable took punches from both Hulk and angry Colossus while weakened, let alone taking a TK blast capable of decimating a structure made to withstand nuclear strikes without any shred of damage. Also, pardon my ignorance, but i can't recall Gladiator's TP resistance at all, mind posting some relevant scans to support his immunity to it, remember Cable actually overpowered Hulk's multi-personality disorder and flat out raw TP resistance while being affected by Onslaught's presence on Earth which was weakening all telepaths. This becomes even more impressive when the fact he was in pain due to his TO Virus consuming him way faster than normal is mentioned, let alone Hulk having feats of overpowering TP from Cosmic Cube beings.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yep... Even though is essentially the same feat as saying 150 billion tons, it sounds way more impressive to say 2 moons :P.

@ssj_god Cable had the TO virus during Cable & Deadpool issues, ergo, in his fight with Silver Surfer too, he even states so himself while claiming he became proficient enough with his powers to control it effortlessly.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ssj_god

@ghostravage said:

@thedailybagel: Yep... Even though is essentially the same feat as saying 150 billion tons, it sounds way more impressive to say 2 moons :P.

@ssj_god Cable had the TO virus during Cable & Deadpool issues, ergo, in his fight with Silver Surfer too, he even states so himself while claiming he became proficient enough with his powers to control it effortlessly.

TO virus cable isn't on this level... the guy is hardly a meta human level and relies on artillery....

TO virus removed cable and gladiator would be a better fight... or else.. it's a stomp for gladiator.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: The moon estimated weight is about 81 billion tons, he held a mountain which weighted 150 billion tons...

can you give me the source you got this from?

and no mountain is larger than the moon..... the moon is 1/81 th mass of the earth... and no mountain is that big.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GhostRavage

@ssj_god: Cable drops him with TP. Period. Regardless you missed the whole point of my post... Cable HAD the TO Virus when he fought Silver Surfer, it was stated by himself during Cable & Deadpool #4 when he claimed he got rid of him for a while (Soldier X issues) but it came back...

No Caption Provided

In fact, this is TO Virus Cable, just more proficient with his powers. Anyways, Cable without the TO Virus cured Deadpool's insanity effortlessly, he would turn Gladiator into a lemming mentally-wise.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Cable drops him with TP. Period. Regardless you missed the whole point of my post... Cable HAD the TO Virus when he fought Silver Surfer, it was stated by himself during Cable & Deadpool #4 when he claimed he got rid of him for a while (Soldier X issues) but it came back...

can you prove it came back before the surfer fight?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GhostRavage
@ssj_god said:
@ghostravage said:

can you prove it came back before the surfer fight?

I'm not entirely sure what more proof do you want. The issue where Cable blatantly stated his TO Virus came back was about 6 issues before Surfer's fight, but for the sake of the argument, during Soldier X (which happened just before Cable & Deadpool issue took place) he claimed he had the TO Virus already, namely in the very last issue of the series Soldier X #12 and this happened about 19 issues after Cable partially cured himself from the TO Virus during Cable #100...

No Caption Provided

It worths to note that Cable's most overpowered feats were done with the TO Virus and he barely had any issues without the TO Virus to suggest he'd be somehow better without it. Regardless, yes, he had the TO Virus even prior to Cable & Deadpool issues, let alone during Surfer's fight which is roughly about 30 issues away from the point when he lost it.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

hmm.. alright... i'm standing true by my point aswell.... surfer ripped apart that cable (whether with TO virus or not)... so i'd still say a TO virus removed cable would be a better match against gladiator.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: He had TO Virus, there isn't any real space for skepticism towards that fact considering all the proof to prove it. Either way, Surfer fought a Cable who not only had his mind connected with the whole Earth while probing it, but the fact he was still holding an entire city up with his TK while at the same time reforming everything Surfer atomically dismantled while fighting him... INSTANTLY. The fight hardly showed a focused Cable. Regardless, Gladiator doesn't have Silver Surfer's power of cosmic which allowed him to harm the TO Virus, but the fact he doesn't have Silver Surfer's TP resistance either, and he's powerful enough to be completely impervious to the changes of the Astral Plane while fighting Nate Grey. It worths to note those changes actually KO'd Holocaust, Psylocke, Jean Grey and put Xavier in huge pain, he wasn't even that good by then, likewise, he overpowered Hulk's innate TP resistance twice which is a great feat considering Hulk has resisted TP from Cosmic Cube beings. The fact Emma needed Cerebro to shield the X-Men from Cable's TP already seals the deal to me.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: He had TO Virus, there isn't any real space for skepticism towards that fact considering all the proof to prove it. Either way, Surfer fought a Cable who not only had his mind connected with the whole Earth while probing it, but the fact he was still holding an entire city up with his TK while at the same time reforming everything Surfer atomically dismantled while fighting him... INSTANTLY. The fight hardly showed a focused Cable. Regardless, Gladiator doesn't have Silver Surfer's power of cosmic which allowed him to harm the TO Virus, but the fact he doesn't have Silver Surfer's TP resistance either, and he's powerful enough to be completely impervious to the changes of the Astral Plane while fighting Nate Grey. It worths to note those changes actually KO'd Holocaust, Psylocke, Jean Grey and put Xavier in huge pain, he wasn't even that good by then, likewise, he overpowered Hulk's innate TP resistance twice which is a great feat considering Hulk has resisted TP from Cosmic Cube beings. The fact Emma needed Cerebro to shield the X-Men from Cable's TP already seals the deal to me.

doesn't matter.. you have to go with 'assumed' version of cable's 'focused' self or virus removed self... as i said.. the best one we got is the one got ripped apart by surfer... so i'd say a virus removed cable vs. gladiator would be a better fight...

btw.. nate's psionic ripple only affected strong and sensitive telepath's of the world (seeing how prof x was affected the most.. and it even stated that it was horrible to his psi sensitivity).... cable wasn't affected by it shows how he was a weaker and insensitive telepath at that moment (of course he had TO virus in him)... not the other way around.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: LMAO! Cable is one of the most powerful telepaths Marvel has to offer, he was strong enough to be completely impervious to Xavier and Jean Grey's probing abilities, let alone proficient enough to take people physically with him to the Astral Plane, moreover, he was trained by Blaquesmith which is incredibly attuned to the changes of the Astral Plane considering his Askani training through mediation, let alone him explicitly stating they were threatening the very fabric of the world while fighting... Why would someone state so if they weren't sensitive to it? Regardless of speculative stances and whatnot, Cable has time and time again proved himself to be quite a powerful telepath and one of the few who can actually bring people with him to the Astral Plane.

doesn't matter.. you have to go with 'assumed' version of cable's 'focused' self or virus removed self... as i said.. the best one we got is the one got ripped apart by surfer... so i'd say a virus removed cable vs. gladiator would be a better fight...

This doesn't make sense. First of all, the fact we're arguing Cable with or without TO Virus is because you claim he didn't have the TO Virus when he fought Surfer, which he did, so as far as i'm concerned the subject is completely pertinent to what i'm showcasing here. The assumed version here, if going by the Vine's rules, is Cable without the TO Virus first seen in Cable and X-Force #1... The guy is so weak he's less than a shadow of his former self which makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about when mentioning this TO Virus-less Cable being a better match for Gladiator... Hell, the best we've got from this Cable was getting KO'd by exerting himself trying to TP an second hand Avenger roster barring Thor. Again, Cable's best feats were done while he still had the TO Virus so i fail to see why it would be a better match if he didn't have it.

As for the Surfer's fight, i think you're misusing the instance. Gladiator has absolutely no instances to suggest he has energy projection as good as Silver Surfer, not only the shiny guy's energy output is good enough to completely obliterate planets and create singularities, but the fact he can sense weaknesses via cosmic awareness... In fact, taking a blast from a loosened morals Surfer is a feat by itself. Either way, he wasn't "ripped" by Silver Surfer, he was flat out shot by a beam of power of cosmic of unknown potential during Cable and Deadpool #10... Gladiator doesn't have this kind of power and most of his powerset relies on pure physical prowess, which isn't enough to deal with Cable given the amount of feats he has. That said, that was not the best we had from that Cable, but the fact he was fighting Silver Surfer toe to toe while reforming everything Silver Surfer vaporized during his fight, while holding an entire city and probing the whole Earth too... Hell, he was even talking Surfer down instead of going for the incapacitation like Surfer actually did.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ssj_god

@ghostravage:

LMAO! Cable is one of the most powerful telepaths Marvel has to offer, he was strong enough to be completely impervious to Xavier and Jean Grey's probing abilities, let alone proficient enough to take people physically with him to the Astral Plane, moreover, he was trained by Blaquesmith which is incredibly attuned to the changes of the Astral Plane considering his Askani training through mediation, let alone him explicitly stating they were threatening the very fabric of the world while fighting... Why would someone state so if they weren't sensitive to it? Regardless of speculative stances and whatnot, Cable has time and time again proved himself to be quite a powerful telepath and one of the few who can actually bring people with him to the Astral Plane.

regardless of what he can do.. that one instance with nate grey was NOT one of his good showings.. but the otherway around .. i just pointed it out (never said cable was weaker in general.. just said at that moment)...

one of the few who can actually bring people with him to the Astral Plane.

as in people's minds?... astral plane isn't a real plane.. so physically entering is not possible..... and everyone's mind is already present in the astral plane.. psychic's minds are aware of the fact and they can harness the power from it.... you are saying about guiding someone's mind through astral plane?.. ok.. that is a good feat indeed.. but why does that needed here?

and as for the rest of the post.... my idea is simple..... i believe gladiator can overcome cable's with TO virus showings..... and as TO virus removed > TO virus cable (regardless of feats)... that's why i said it'd be a better match...

and generally i hold gladiator at the same category as surfer.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: nate grey physically entered the astral plane

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@ssj_god: nate grey physically entered the astral plane

i know you got that from the respect thread.... that feat actually was my own words on a thread... but i'm not too sure currently.. because the feat wasn't clear.. and i took the feat as i thought it was.. :D

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god:

regardless of what he can do.. that one instance with nate grey was NOT one of his good showings.. but the otherway around .. i just pointed it out (never said cable was weaker in general.. just said at that moment)...

Why it isn't a good showing? They were still exchanging TP assaults strong enough to make changes on the Astral Plane as a whole and it's actually a better feat when the fact they can't even communicate telepathically without torturing themselves is noted. At that moment Xavier was still unable to enter his mind, hell, the instance happened just after Xavier claimed he couldn't enter Cable's mind. I don't buy your argument of "less sensitivity" and all that jada jada... Sorry.

as in people's minds?... astral plane isn't a real plane.. so physically entering is not possible..... and everyone's mind is already present in the astral plane.. psychic's minds are aware of the fact and they can harness the power from it.... you are saying about guiding someone's mind through astral plane?.. ok.. that is a good feat indeed.. but why does that needed here?

The Astral Plane is a real plane, it's actually the only and sole thing which connects all telepaths together, hell, all telepaths drawn their powers from there. Perhaps i wrongly worded what i tried to say, he can bring people to the Astral Plane and only a handful of them can do it and i don't mean only guiding, they can actually force people into the Astral Plane and project themselves astrally. It is not needed, with lesser TP feats he can take Gladiator out easily.

and as for the rest of the post.... my idea is simple..... i believe gladiator can overcome cable's with TO virus showings..... and as TO virus removed > TO virus cable (regardless of feats)... that's why i said it'd be a better match...

How? You haven't countered Gladiator's sole and real weakness which is telepathy, something Cable is incredibly powerful at, let alone used consistently enough as an off bat tactic in-character. He would go down against TP. I can't fathom the reason why you keep neglecting the fact Cable with TO Virus has the best feats for Cable and that he's actually weaker without the TO Virus feat-wise. You can't sustain a debate with only 1 speculative stance, there's no factual approach to the potential points and you'd have no source where to drag facts from besides 1 statement by Xavier. I mean, Cable without the TO Virus can't even use his TP properly to the point of fainting if exerting himself...

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage:

Why it isn't a good showing? They were still exchanging TP assaults strong enough to make changes on the Astral Plane as a whole and it's actually a better feat when the fact they can't even communicate telepathically without torturing themselves is noted. At that moment Xavier was still unable to enter his mind, hell, the instance happened just after Xavier claimed he couldn't enter Cable's mind. I don't buy your argument of "less sensitivity" and all that jada jada... Sorry.

it isn't a good feat.. because it literally shows that the more sensitive and powerful telepath being the one with greater pain.. it literally says about the sensitivity of the telepath... it's a pretty clear instance.... other people in the whole world (there were other telepaths aswell) didn't got effected like cable either.

The Astral Plane is a real plane, it's actually the only and sole thing which connects all telepaths together, hell, all telepaths drawn their powers from there. Perhaps i wrongly worded what i tried to say, he can bring people to the Astral Plane and only a handful of them can do it and i don't mean only guiding, they can actually force people into the Astral Plane and project themselves astrally. It is not needed, with lesser TP feats he can take Gladiator out easily.

by 'not real'... i meant not a physical plane.. it not only connects all the telepaths.. but actually ALL the minds in the world resides in it.. telepaths can harness the plane..... what he can force.. are people's mind and can force them astrally... while that's impressive.. as i said.. dunno why it's needed...

as i said... i'm just holding gladiator in comparison to the surfer... i hold them both at the same level.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thedailybagel  Moderator

@ssj_god: the mountain hulk held was 150 billion tons.