Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Silver2467
@progenitor said:

" @Silver2467: When I bring up the Cable and Silver Surfer instance, i'm not saying Cable beat Surfer, i'm showing an instance, rightly shown as the very first post, that Cable had the ability to unleash the speed and power to smash the Silver Surfer's indestructible board, which is celestially based.  The fact that i've been stating here over and over is that even though I acknowledge the fact that the Martian Manhunter has a definite advantage, that does not mean he would win, just because he is physically stronger, or faster.  In comics, The Joker defeated The Hulk, Lex Luthor has defeated Superman, a random Skrull defeated The Sentry.  All of these examples should cue you in on a very important detail; you don't have to match your foe in ability to beat them.  Cable's taken his share of beatings, but he's also come out on top against a hell of a lot of stacked odds. 

I don't understand why you believe that Cable would absolutely never penetrate the Manhunters mind, if Manhunter himself has admitted that his weakness and fear of fire are mentally based? That should clue you in that he has a vulnerability that has been exploited before, numerous times.  Whereas Cable, a mutant who has been able to delve into The Hulk's mind, shield against the likes of Onslaught, a being with the TP powers of Xavier and X-Man.  To try and ignore Cable's TP abilities when the base of this battle is when Cable unleashes his full power and ability, a power comparable to a God, that's so powerful it starts to destroy his body from within, and you can sit there and with an honest face try and say that Manhunter just brushes that all aside? Normally, Manhunter would have the advantage over Cable, i've said this I don't know how many times, but not the Cable that's unleashed his full mutant potential.  Manhunter, even with his incredible speed and strength, would have to smash through a TK barrier just to get to Cable, and Cable would sure as hell see that coming.  If Cable is unleashing this desperation and actually unleashing his abilities, it pretty much is the equivalent of X-Man vs. Manhunter, because we all know by now that Cable is the Nathan Grey of his own reality.  Manhunter, with all the odds stacked against Cable, wouldn't, probably couldn't kill Manhunter, not with his regenerating abilities, but this is about who would win, and Cable could KO Manhunter briefly, it's been done plenty of times. "

Joker and Hulk? Don't use crossovers. Crossovers are noncanon, and they prove nothing. Lex has been able to defeat SuperMan because Supes has weaknesses, and Luthor has created weaponized armor to fight him. Sentry's power is really not as great as he's hyped up to be. Siege proved that. Again, how would Cable even know about the Martian's weakness to fire, assuming he even has that weakness in this fight? Cable WILL NOT PENETRATE HIS MIND. STOP PLAYING THAT CARD. IT WON"T WORK. The Martian has controlled the Joker's insane mind; he penetrated the mind of the Spectre; he read every single mind on the planet at once without a machine like Cerebro; he has read minds from as far away as the moon; he has numerous telepathic feats that you're ignoring. He could phase through a TK field you know. Cable also would not see him coming given the Martian's speed and invisibility. Really, explain the speed. Explain how Cable will simply get past that. You have never once addressed that. How? How will he stop the Martian in an invisible, intangible, super speed state that will slam Cable the instant the fight starts? Explain that to me. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By progenitorigin
@Silver2467: You're either ignoring or not understanding a pretty logical point, you keep playing the intangibility card, he could phase through the TK barrier? As if Cable couldn't sense that? Then what? Obviously, if someone is staying intangible, they can't very well be tangibly attacking someone, can they? You're burning out that candle pretty fast.  As for the crossover mention, it doesn't have to be canon, it's the point i'm trying to make, that you're missing, The Sentry didn't get beaten by a Skrull because his powers suck, and believe me they don't suck, he was beaten because he was outsmarted.  So what, Manhunter just decides to float around intangibly and attack with telepathic bolts that Cable pretty much effortlessly blocks, and then randomly solidifies and flies around at the speed of light attacking Cable? Here's a thought, Cable can transport at will, so even whipping around at the speed of light, that makes it hard to focus on one object, doesn't it? Manhunter can move at the speed of light until the cows come home, Cable would just easily teleport away and keep track of him using the ability to sense his psiprint. 

Meanwhile, Cable is using his BFG to fire off VIPER BEAMS! Or, if you will, searing hot concussive beams moving faster than any speeding bullet and blasting the hell out of the Manhunter without even having to use any of his own powers.  So Manhunter goes intangible again? Okay, Cable stops firing and unleashes a psi-assault, which happens to sometimes manifest into psionic flame at will, so Cable doesn't even have to poke around in Manhunter's mind for Manhunter to suddenly feel overcome by.. a telepathically based.. psi-flame attack! Which! As proven time and time again, would put the fear of God in Manhunter.  So Manhunter overcomes that and whips around at the speed of light trying to hit Cable, becoming intangible to get through TK barriers, only for Cable to teleport from another angle, strategically, and attack Manhunter with yet another innovative assault, whether it be a telepathic bullet, which, apparently in your opinion, would do nothing or get phased through. 

If you really want to get fundamental here, your argument is based on if Manhunter can catch Cable.  Problem is, even with all of Manhunter's nifty powers, ironically, he can't penetrate Cable's mind, and therefore doesn't know what the hell Cable is going to throw at him, whether suddenly teleporting above him and delivering the same kind of attack he gave to Surfer's board right down on the Manhunter's head, who wouldn't even have the time to become intangible before he was hit, and would go crashing down into a crater in the arena and briefly immobilized, winning the fight just by proving he could take Manhunter down.  If your argument was completely sound, there wouldn't be people here that vouch for Cable, but there are, and you know why? Because in every mind, someone can come up with a scenario that can favor one or the other.  Fact is, Manhunter has been defeated before, will be defeated again, and in this would-be crossover? Could be defeated by Cable.  You were better off settling for the stalemate, because with Cable unleashing his full power and strategically sound tactical abilities, he would have the power to KO Manhunter.
Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Terran
@theicon said:
"stalemate"
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By progenitorigin
@Terran : I'd easily settle on that.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silver2467
@progenitor: You didn't deal with the invisible, intangible, speedbtliz. All you did was cry teleportation. Cable has to reappear somewhere. When he does, he'll get nailed. The Martian could attack Cable with his own energy attacks anyhow. You're not addressing the points I'm making. You're dancing around them. Even if Cable could sense the Martian when he's intangible, invisible, and moving at top speed, how could Cable get away? How? Teleport? To where? When he reappears. what will happen then? He'll get blitzed. How would Cable know of the Martian's weakness? You haven't answered that question. Address these first.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By progenitorigin
@Silver2467: I don't see how you're not getting the point, or reading what i'm saying.  He would counter the invisibility by either becoming invisible himself or avoiding him with a TK barrier while sensing his psiprint.  That pretty much sums up your invisibility argument, not only a barrier to get through, but having your opponent in turn become invisible? Pretty much crashes the invisible party.  Intangibility? I don't even see what you're getting at there, if you're intangible, all you're doing is floating there while obviously long-range assaults would be of no use, and Cable, not being a complete idiot, would realize this, and focus on psi-attacks until he became tangible, so that's your explanation for intangibility, waiting and strategizing for him to become tangible, because as long as he's intangible, he's not much to deal with, intangibility is a defensive technique, not an offensive technique.  Obviously.  Whining about being faster than light and whipping around like a DBZ villain is easily avoided if you simply teleport a distance away, sense his psi-print and the area which he is located, however brief, and simply stay out of range, it's as simple as that and it crushes your whirly-gig technique. 

Cable doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know to stay out of someone's range if they're crazily trying to hit you, that's pretty much common sense, fictional or not.  As stated before, it would take just one vulnerable moment of tangibility and distraction, maybe after teleporting, Cable tosses a flash grenade randomly as a distraction, in which Manhunter would be distracted, because as previously stated, Manhunter wouldn't be able to penetrate Cable's mind any way, so he's pretty much clueless at this point, so while Manhunter is just for that brief, tiny, vulnerable little moment tosses a gaze over to that grenade going off? Cable teleports above him, and whails on the top of his head with the same attack he used on Surfer's board, which would cause Manhunter to become a crater, and Cable to have the upper hand, which would be a victory.  Now that all of your scoffing of Manhunter's techniques have been squashed, I think it's safe to say that unless this was a fight to the very death that lasted as long as it had to unless one of them simply left, that Cable has more than enough capability in his arsenal and unleashed power to hold the Martian at bay, even with everything he has.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: I don't see how you're not getting the point, or reading what i'm saying.  He would counter the invisibility by either becoming invisible himself or avoiding him with a TK barrier while sensing his psiprint.  That pretty much sums up your invisibility argument, not only a barrier to get through, but having your opponent in turn become invisible? Pretty much crashes the invisible party.  Intangibility? I don't even see what you're getting at there, if you're intangible, all you're doing is floating there while obviously long-range assaults would be of no use, and Cable, not being a complete idiot, would realize this, and focus on psi-attacks until he became tangible, so that's your explanation for intangibility, waiting and strategizing for him to become tangible, because as long as he's intangible, he's not much to deal with, intangibility is a defensive technique, not an offensive technique.  Obviously.  Whining about being faster than light and whipping around like a DBZ villain is easily avoided if you simply teleport a distance away, sense his psi-print and the area which he is located, however brief, and simply stay out of range, it's as simple as that and it crushes your whirly-gig technique.  Cable doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know to stay out of someone's range if they're crazily trying to hit you, that's pretty much common sense, fictional or not.  As stated before, it would take just one vulnerable moment of tangibility and distraction, maybe after teleporting, Cable tosses a flash grenade randomly as a distraction, in which Manhunter would be distracted, because as previously stated, Manhunter wouldn't be able to penetrate Cable's mind any way, so he's pretty much clueless at this point, so while Manhunter is just for that brief, tiny, vulnerable little moment tosses a gaze over to that grenade going off? Cable teleports above him, and whails on the top of his head with the same attack he used on Surfer's board, which would cause Manhunter to become a crater, and Cable to have the upper hand, which would be a victory.  Now that all of your scoffing of Manhunter's techniques have been squashed, I think it's safe to say that unless this was a fight to the very death that lasted as long as it had to unless one of them simply left, that Cable has more than enough capability in his arsenal and unleashed power to hold the Martian at bay, even with everything he has. "
You really expect a flash grenade to phase the Martian? Really? Is that a real argument? And what is up with the Martian not being able to tell Cable's moves? Cable won't be able to tell the Martian's moves either. So what? Cable can't react to someone of the Martian's speed. Teleporter or not, if you can't even perform that fast enough to avoid being completely slaughtered, what's the point of even making that statement? They can't read each other's minds or affect each other mentally in any form. So, they'll have to react to each other's techniques. Guess who has the greater speed and reaction time. The Martian. Cable has no enhanced reaction times. It doesn't matter what he can sense by "psi patters" if he can't react to it. What makes you so sure that Cable can just brush off the Martian's energy attacks? You keep spewing about how Cable has all these incredibly powerful projectile powers without addressing the Martian's. Explain how Cable can even react to anything the Martian can do. Explain that. All of your arguments are useless if Cable can't deal with the Martian's speed and intangibility, which can allow him to phase through Cable's field. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By progenitorigin
@Silver2467: Thing is, if, theoretically, if Cable were to toss one of a few grenades--a flash grenade, it wouldn't be meant to phase Manhunter, what comes after will.  I don't doubt the danger of Manhunter's projectiles, I know they're a force to be reckoned with, but Cable isn't exactly going to be standing around to get hit by them, he doesn't need the speed of light to roll out of the way or dodge.  Cable, being more experienced in guerilla tactics, would have the upper-hand on Manhunter when it comes to, as you put it, "reading each other's moves." 

In my opinion, chance would favor Cable much more highly if he attempted, and successfully ended the fight quickly, whether it's teleporting behind him at a vulnerable moment and smashing down on him with his augmented psionic and physical strength, or defending an attack with a psionic flame which would, in turn, spook Manhunter.  I think that a big asset Cable has going for him is experience, he was born and raised in wartime.  I don't doubt that Manhunter has his own share of experience and skill, but of all the advantages Manhunter has, Cable's one-upped him on that.  Looking at Manhunter, it's pretty obvious that he's not a local, so Cable would be momentarily cautious in what to expect from the Manhunter, but at the same time, he's a man of action.  In releasing his full potential, he's just on another level.  Manhunter would have the advantage to get up close with his intangibility, but I just don't honestly think that Cable would make himself a sitting duck, not without a trap in mind.  Manhunter would have to take everything Cable has and more before he could come out the victor with Cable beaten and burned out, but I believe Cable could knock him out, and win.   

As for Martian's speed, it would keep Cable at a disadvantage, but Cable would still have protection and awareness of Manhunter's location.  It would be like fighting Quicksilver, and to my knowledge, Cable's never sweated Pietro.  I believe that Manhunter would just continue to go for a direct approach in the fight, whereas Cable would attempt to keep distance, using his teleportation, until deciding to launch an attack and strike.  Cable has taken down powerful foes, frighteningly powerful, and he's taken on fast opponents as well, not as much as those strong, but still.  Weapons dealing with a full stream of blazing hot concussive force, such as the BFG, would be utilized and used, and with how much Manhunter would have to become intangible and use his speed, Cable would most likely pick that up quick.  You say Manhunter needs one hit, while obviously, when unleashed, Cable only needs one hit.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By progenitorigin

Anyway, good debating, and awesome thread.  Love Cable, but it would be a good match.  I say stalemate.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xan84

How can it be a stalemate when in 30 seconds there is nothing Cable can do to MM ?  
MM can just hide for 30 seconds and then 1 shoot him.
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Martian Manhunter.

Jayimfamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jayimfamous

There is no way the Martian wins this one. What people fail to realize is cable is as smart as Reed Richards, and he is on par with professor x when it comes to being a telepath and is one of the best when it comes to psychic power. He is a master strategist that only can be rivaled by few. I believe even with a all out blitz cable still will be able to handle the Martian, and cable weapons are far superior to weaponry that manhunter has come against. Psychically Martian doesn't compares with cable, we are talking about a man that was holding his ship up with his psychic power and still giving silver surfer a match. I believe that If he did go all out on the surfer that he may have won. What can manhunts possibly do to that cable hasn't seen from the likes of sinister, hulk, bishop, surfer, magneto, apocalypse, or onslaught. I just don't see it and the names I just gave you are people that pretty much have manhunters abilities and they all were beat or have come to a draw against cable.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By xxxddd

@JediXMan said:

Cable wins pretty easily.
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cable wins he is smarter more skilled just can hold his own in telepathy to take down mm.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Ya and Cable was holding up an island at the time of the fight.

People tend to forget that. It was a pretty big island too.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sethlol

MM.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Martian Manhunter wins.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By comic_book_fan
Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prince_of_saiyans said:

I think this was addressed some two years ago. Big island is good and all but a third of the earth's mass being pulled out of orbit is leagues above it. And if one can argue that that isn't canon anymore, think about this, current MM stalemated a JLA team that involved current Superman who can benchpress the weight of the earth.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable wins with the infinite loops of AHVB. Injustice is the only decent dc fighting game and MM isn't even in it

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone say MM helped move a planet with WW and superman when they didn't even do it? Kyle did it.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: but mmh was not fighting the silversurfer at the same time.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone say MM helped move a planet with WW and superman when they didn't even do it? Kyle did it.

Last time I checked, Kyle didn't look like a green martian.

No Caption Provided

You might be thinking of this revisioning of a silver age arc.. That's not even Kyle. That's Hal.

No Caption Provided
CampodelViolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bloodlusted MMH is this...

So yeah, he should win this.

Geistmesser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this entire thread, this is what I got from the two actually debating:

Silver: No, Cable can't do this and Cable can't do that. It's impossible. Martian Manhunter wins!

Progenitor: Cable can do many things, some may hit, some may miss.

I tend not to agree with people claim one character can't do something to another character, but the latter can do anything to the former.

In this case, Cable can do a hell of a lot to Martian Manhunter. Cable wins.

Geistmesser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prince_of_saiyans said:

People also tend to forget that at the same time of holding the island up AND fighting against Surfer, both Cable and Surfer were rebuilding a city they continuously demolished as they fought.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By Saren

If by "fought", you mean "annoyed Surfer for a while until he one-shotted Cable with ease", sure...........

No Caption Provided

J'onn punches his head off before he can blink.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

J'onn should win.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Someone please post a scan of who really moved the planet please,,I can't post scans but its getting very annoying when people say its was these three when Kyle rayner was the one who showed up and did it.

Avatar image for herecomestheboom_headshot
HereComesTheBoom_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane_of_sith said:

Someone please post a scan of who really moved the planet please,,I can't post scans but its getting very annoying when people say its was these three when Kyle rayner was the one who showed up and did it.

It was already posted. The image is of Green Lantern and Superman (the first time, Superman received help from Green Lantern). Then the more recent one is of Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because surfer beat him means he can't beat manhunter last i checked surfer could do the same to manhunter.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By HyperViper97

@sharkbearagator: I wish ;(. Lobo, scorpion, Zod, Batgirl is all thats coming in the near future

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

because surfer beat him means he can't beat manhunter last i checked surfer could do the same to manhunter.

He could, but not as easily.

Regardless, MM wins.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

pretty much just as easily and I assume cable would have faired a little better then he did if he wasn't holding up the island and occupied by other things make no mistake about it surfer would own both easily especially if he got mad.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge:

pretty much just as easily and I assume cable would have faired a little better then he did if he wasn't holding up the island and occupied by other things make no mistake about it surfer would own both easily especially if he got mad.

This isn't about Silver Surfer, regardless.

MM blitzes him.

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

how surfer didn't and he is faster than mm and cable was distracted and the blitz isn't really his style even if he could.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By TifaLockhart

Cable stuffs him into one of his many pouches.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

how surfer didn't and he is faster than mm and cable was distracted and the blitz isn't really his style even if he could.

MM is bloodlusted, meaning he will in fact blitz him.

Surfer didn't because he wasn't trying all that hard. Being a pacifist at heart, he tends to hold back.

ComanderMurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

manhunter goes intangible and snatches vables heart out at speeds tgat cable could not comprehend

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

Cable oone of the greatest challange for his rivals... But MM to much for him ı think
Faster
Stronger
Smarter
Most Skilled
More Usefull Power House

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable's TP > Xavier's > Martian's. And I don't see why Martian should use any other power than TP from the start, even in bloodlust.

Raiden_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Raiden_

Fight at Cell Games

Blood Lust on

Its this Cable:

No Caption Provided

IS THAT SS O.O did cable just smacked Silver Surfer O.O

Avatar image for sheryinistoosexy
sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Honestly, why do you always side with DC characters?

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cable ol buddy