• 100 results
#1 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight at Cell Games 
Blood Lust on 

Its this Cable: 

#2 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cable could win if he avoids a blitze.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable wins pretty easily.

#4 Posted by NexusOfLight (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd depend on how well Cable can manage without breaking down. He had insane power, but he lost it for a reason. It was killing him. If Martian Manhunter could last long enough, hit hard enough, an' keep the blows comin' then he's very capable of pulling out a win. He's definitely no pushover. Dude's on Superman's level, and remember, the Surfer did win that battle.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223790 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know if Cable could handle the Martian Manhunter... MM has a few advantages over Cable...
#6 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable would win; Although physically, Martian Manhunter has the advantage, and may even be more intelligent than Cable, Cable has more combat experience.  While Manhunter is pretty vicious with his telepathic bolts, Cable has more than enough power to psi-shield himself from such attacks and would counter-attack and probably overwhelm Manhunter long enough to blast him out of the sky with a VIPER BEAM! Or a concussive grenade.  Cable has just too many resources to outclass Manhunter.  Checkmate.
#7 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter wins.

#8 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" Cable would win; Although physically, Martian Manhunter has the advantage, and may even be more intelligent than Cable, Cable has more combat experience.  While Manhunter is pretty vicious with his telepathic bolts, Cable has more than enough power to psi-shield himself from such attacks and would counter-attack and probably overwhelm Manhunter long enough to blast him out of the sky with a VIPER BEAM! Or a concussive grenade.  Cable has just too many resources to outclass Manhunter.  Checkmate. "
But that power will only last so long before it completely burns out. If this was X-man then I would say he will win, as current Nate doesn't have that concern. Cable, however, does. Martian Manhunter has slugged it out with Superman level enemies, so I can see him outlasting Nathan.
#9 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable, his Psionic powers completly go threw MM defenses.  Didnt Cable once make Psionic flames? 

#11 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor: Please reply in the thread.

True, eventually Cable's telepathic power would dwindle, but he also possesses TK ability, which would also add a challenge to Manhunter.  I agree with you implying Manhunter physically being more dominant, but that's never how Cable fights, he never just slugs it out, he teleports, strategizes, uses weaponry.  X-Man has more power than Cable, but Cable grew up hardened by battle.  I don't think Cable would try and just use his powers to fight off Manhunter, I think he would use his advantage of tactical experience to use what he needs to just immobilize Manhunter.  Either way, it would be a tough match.  

It's not just his TP power that will "dwindle," it's his TK too. He was only able to maintain the level of power from his fight with Surfer for a short amount of time. Not to mention the fact that on the next page the Surfer is right back in there smacking him around, and that Cable lost that fight. Manhunter is more powerful physically, but he is also a competent telepath. Without any outside augmentation he has reached out to every mind on Earth at once. It doesn't matter how battle hardened Cable is, because he can only keep up that level of power for about thirty seconds before MM pimp smacks him.
#12 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

It's not just his TP power that will "dwindle," it's his TK too. He was only able to maintain the level of power from his fight with Surfer for a short amount of time. Not to mention the fact that on the next page the Surfer is right back in there smacking him around, and that Cable lost that fight. Manhunter is more powerful physically, but he is also a competent telepath. Without any outside augmentation he has reached out to every mind on Earth at once. It doesn't matter how battle hardened Cable is, because he can only keep up that level of power for about thirty seconds before MM pimp smacks him. "

If you also remember, during the Onslaught era, Cable was able to take down The Hulk while maxing out his powers.  Like I said before, Cable is more resourceful; grenades, various firearms on hand.  If Cable can hold his own against the likes of Apocalypse, Stryfe, and Hulk, he can take out the Manhunter.  Even if Cable can't overwhelm Manhunter with his mutant powers alone, all he has to do is wait for Manhunter to go on the offensive, teleport behind him, and blast him where the sun don't shine.

#13 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor: Even mentioning Hulk is pointless considering how easily Martian Manhunter would rape the not so jolly green giant. Please show me a grenade in his arsenal that would even hurt someone as durable as Superman. How about a gun that can phase someone who can go intangible at will? In fact, how is Cable even going to hit someone who can move at the speed of light, because I'd really love it if you could explain that.
#14 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: I just said an example of who Cable's stood toe to toe with in battle, if you wanna whine about Manhunter vs. Hulk, you might wanna start another page on that.  As for the whole "speed of light" argument, i've read a few battles with Manhunter, and if I remember right, he wasn't exactly whipping around everywhere at the speed of light, unless he decided to suddenly become the Flash.  Manhunter is a thinking man's hero, he pretty much observes and learns as much as he can, if Cable tosses a concussive grenade that could probably distract Manhunter for a couple seconds, Cable's patient enough to wait for Manhunter not to float around intangibly, easily momentarily freeze him with a brief TK assault, and what's Manhunter gonna do? Cable doesn't have to kill Manhunter, just immobilize, and he's won.  Easy money.
#15 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Ferro Vida: I just said an example of who Cable's stood toe to toe with in battle, if you wanna whine about Manhunter vs. Hulk, you might wanna start another page on that.  As for the whole "speed of light" argument, i've read a few battles with Manhunter, and if I remember right, he wasn't exactly whipping around everywhere at the speed of light, unless he decided to suddenly become the Flash.  Manhunter is a thinking man's hero, he pretty much observes and learns as much as he can, if Cable tosses a concussive grenade that could probably distract Manhunter for a couple seconds, Cable's patient enough to wait for Manhunter not to float around intangibly, easily momentarily freeze him with a brief TK assault, and what's Manhunter gonna do? Cable doesn't have to kill Manhunter, just immobilize, and he's won.  Easy money. "
I'm sorry, but this is completely flawed. The Martian has strength enough to help move the planet and hurt Superboy Prime. He has durability enough to take blows from people in SuperMan's strength level. He is the most powerful telepath on New Earth. He is one of the greatest shapeshifters on New Earth. He can become intangible, invisible, and fire energy attacks from his eyes. The Martian isn't going to just stand around and wait for Cable to do something before he makes his move. He's not like Richards where he sits and researches his opponent as he fights them; he fights his opponents. The Martian has complete control over his molecular structure; Cable won't be able to affect him that way. Freezing him won't work either, because of the Martian's intangibility, durability, and strength. Cable is not going to have an "easy" fight here. The Martian can defeat Cable, even at this power level.  

Also, look, no offense, but don't even try to compare the Hulk to the Martian. The Martian can defeat him numerous different ways. He could outmuscle Hulk for all it matters. 
#16 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: LOL, look man, I admire how you debate, and you put up some excellent points, but i'll reiterate; I am not even going to touch Martian Manhunter vs. Hulk in this thread, because i'm pretty positive that you would get some Hulk fans that would throw up examples and descriptions of his power enough to say Hulk would treat Manhunter like a redheaded stepchild. 

I agree that Manhunter has the advantage in physicality, and Manhunter is adept in telepathic ability, but Cable doesn't put it past himself to fight dirty, all he would require is a moment of distraction, or vulnerability in the Manhunter, and he would attempt, note attempt, to be the opportunist and take him out.  Cable possesses the strongest mutant genes known to the Marvel universe by Jean Grey and Scott Summers, as said numerous times by Sinister, his powers aren't exactly Nathan Grey's, but he trained X-Force, has bested Apocalypse.  Look at it another way, Manhunter fears fire, Cable has the ability to create psionic flames, as well as playing chess with Manhunter's mind, perhaps about the white martians? Cable is more resourceful, as I keep trying to say, which would give him the advantage.  It's not all about strength, it's how you use it.
#17 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

I could honestly lean either way at this point.

#18 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:

" @Silver2467: LOL, look man, I admire how you debate, and you put up some excellent points, but i'll reiterate; I am not even going to touch Martian Manhunter vs. Hulk in this thread, because i'm pretty positive that you would get some Hulk fans that would throw up examples and descriptions of his power enough to say Hulk would treat Manhunter like a redheaded stepchild. 

I agree that Manhunter has the advantage in physicality, and Manhunter is adept in telepathic ability, but Cable doesn't put it past himself to fight dirty, all he would require is a moment of distraction, or vulnerability in the Manhunter, and he would attempt, note attempt, to be the opportunist and take him out.  Cable possesses the strongest mutant genes known to the Marvel universe by Jean Grey and Scott Summers, as said numerous times by Sinister, his powers aren't exactly Nathan Grey's, but he trained X-Force, has bested Apocalypse.  Look at it another way, Manhunter fears fire, Cable has the ability to create psionic flames, as well as playing chess with Manhunter's mind, perhaps about the white martians? Cable is more resourceful, as I keep trying to say, which would give him the advantage.  It's not all about strength, it's how you use it. "

Martian Manhunter would completely stomp Hulk; whether or not you want to acknowledge that, I need to make that as clear as possible. The Martian no longer has his weakness to fire. That's no good. Also, Cable won't be able to distract the Martian. If anything, because of the Martian's ability to become intangible, invisible, and shape shift, the Martian will distract Cable. Cable will not be able to distract him. Also, have you seen the Martian's fight with Ultraman? The Martian can be ruthless also. Besides that, I can think of a lot of mutants more powerful than Cable. He cannot mess with J'onn's mind. I was willing to leave telepathy out of it, since both are powerful telepaths, but if either one is going to gain the advantage in mental assaults, it's the Martian. The Martian has telepathic feats that easily surpass Cable's. He's really not that much more resourceful either. The Martian has far more abilities at his disposal. 
#19 Edited by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable hung with Surfer, Surfer>>>>>Manhunter, the only problem here is if Martian blitz's Cable, since Martians stats are so much higher.

#20 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" Cable hung with Surfer, Surfer>>>>>Manhunter, the only problem here is if Martian blitz's Cable, since Martians stats are so much higher. "
For literally thirty seconds. Post the next page of the fight, please.
#21 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" Cable hung with Surfer, Surfer>>>>>Manhunter, the only problem here is if Martian blitz's Cable, since Martians stats are so much higher. "
Look at the next page. Surfer wasn't even really hurt and he owned Cable. The fact that Cable fought against Surfer doesn't prove anything considering how easily he lost. 
#22 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Ive read all of Cable and Deadpool, Cable didn't lose easily, he put up a moderate challenge. 
#23 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: I'd have to scan it, ill do it tomorrow if you wish. 
#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans: I would, if possible.
#25 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" @Silver2467: Ive read all of Cable and Deadpool, Cable didn't lose easily, he put up a moderate challenge.  "
He knocked down Surfer, and then Surfer came out and demolished him. It wasn't very long, and it wasn't very difficult for Surfer. 
#26 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: When you go and make the Hulk vs. Manhunter page, I will be sure to chime in with my two cents, but I can't wait for people to slam that theory down by including WWHulk, and I don't even like The Hulk. 

Considering your implications, saying there are mutants stronger than Cable is a given, i'm not even arguing that, but it's a proven fact that Cable is gifted with the most powerfully combined mutant genes in his reality.  Cable at one point telepathically shielded himself and others against Onslaught, and we don't even need to mention what Onslaught would do to Manhunter.  Cable isn't just a grunt that would try and all-out brawl Martian Manhunter, i'm not questioning the power Manhunter has, but intangibility only gives him an advantage to a certain point, Cable has enough to distract Manhunter with his own psionic powers, it doesn't matter who Manhunter's beaten, Cable would block his telepathic bolts and possibly even redirect the bolts back against Manhunter enough to give him one hell of a migraine. 

At the height of Cable's powers, he fought Silver Surfer while simultaneously levitating the city of Providence.  Cable also has the Psi-Mitar, which amplify his psionic assaults in battle, Cable is advanced enough physically through techno-organic abilities to fight off Manhunter physically just enough to teleport away during an angered assault by Manhunter, where he would viciously attack him psionically, enough to take Manhunter off his guard and either briefly KO him for the win or continue his assault with any of his various weapons, including the VIPER BEAM! And the Psi-Mitar.  After besting tyrants with celestial powers, Cable could take down the Martian Manhunter.  Would Cable kill him? No.  But Cable could beat Martian Manhunter in a battle.
#27 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with MM here. He's got better durability plus add his intangibility. Add his strength that's almost Superman level. Cable's psychic powers are greater though (I think). I still go with MM. 

Ironically, despite my avatar, I like Cable more than MM.. Hehehehe!

#28 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467:
I know how the fight went, he contended for a litle while at least, he didn't get stomped. MM out classes cable in most stats so he could for sure win here, but idk really.
#29 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: When you go and make the Hulk vs. Manhunter page, I will be sure to chime in with my two cents, but I can't wait for people to slam that theory down by including WWHulk, and I don't even like The Hulk.  Considering your implications, saying there are mutants stronger than Cable is a given, i'm not even arguing that, but it's a proven fact that Cable is gifted with the most powerfully combined mutant genes in his reality.  Cable at one point telepathically shielded himself and others against Onslaught, and we don't even need to mention what Onslaught would do to Manhunter.  Cable isn't just a grunt that would try and all-out brawl Martian Manhunter, i'm not questioning the power Manhunter has, but intangibility only gives him an advantage to a certain point, Cable has enough to distract Manhunter with his own psionic powers, it doesn't matter who Manhunter's beaten, Cable would block his telepathic bolts and possibly even redirect the bolts back against Manhunter enough to give him one hell of a migraine.  At the height of Cable's powers, he fought Silver Surfer while simultaneously levitating the city of Providence.  Cable also has the Psi-Mitar, which amplify his psionic assaults in battle, Cable is advanced enough physically through techno-organic abilities to fight off Manhunter physically just enough to teleport away during an angered assault by Manhunter, where he would viciously attack him psionically, enough to take Manhunter off his guard and either briefly KO him for the win or continue his assault with any of his various weapons, including the VIPER BEAM! And the Psi-Mitar.  After besting tyrants with celestial powers, Cable could take down the Martian Manhunter.  Would Cable kill him? No.  But Cable could beat Martian Manhunter in a battle. "
Search for a Martian Manhunter vs. Hulk thread. It's been done before, and I'm not going to do it again because dupe threads are against the rules. Just look them up. Hulk doesn't have a prayer. And, no, Cable will not penetrate the Martian's mind. There is no way in the world that will ever happen. Also, how do explain characters like Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Jamie Braddock, etc. They all are vastly more powerful than Cable. It is not a fact that Cable is the most powerful. You're also not acknowledging the Martian's invisibility and shape shifting abilities. You're not acknowledging the Martian's speed or projectile powers. The fight with the Surfer ended in Surfer demolishing Cable after like 15 seconds. It proves nothing. Cable has nothing that the Martian can't handle. 
#30 Posted by Ferro Vida (34669 posts) - - Show Bio

Will someone please show me Cable performing a telepathic feat on the level that Martian Manhunter has?

#31 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter FTW
#32 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Look above to the first post on this thread, it's of Cable shattering the absolute hell out of Silver Surfer's board, a feat nigh impossible.  Bear in mind that's the Cable said to be in this battle.  This battle would NOT come down to a match of physicality, it's beyond a given that Manhunter is stronger, i'm not even arguing that, and i'm not arguing that Manhunter doesn't have impressive telepathic capabilities.  I'm saying that Cable would prevail.  As aggressive as Manhunter can be, I argue that Cable would unleash that aggression faster.  This isn't going to turn into a DBZ fight of who can be the mightiest, Manhunter has the advantage, Cable is going into this the underdog, but Cable CAN match the Manhunter telepathically, enough to hold his own long enough to teleport out of distance from the attack. 

Martian Manhunter has the power of invisibility, well Cable has the power of cloaking himself from view by manipulating his telepathy, so that matches that.  Manhunter has intangibility, so that would prove difficult for Cable to directly assault him, but Manhunter wouldn't constantly be intangible, nor would he be constantly invisible, he would try going face to face with Cable, which isn't what Cable would want, he would lure Manhunter and frustrate him by way of counter-attacks until Manhunter becomes angry and more vicious, lessening the focus in his attacks, whereas Cable could put himself in just the right position to manipulate his own psionic abilities to backlash Manhunter's telepathic attacks.  Manhunter's stats are higher than Cables, but that doesn't mean Cable would lose.  Cable is way more experienced in hardened battle than Manhunter is, and Manhunter is an experienced hero, but Cable would use his tactical experience and outwit Martian Manhunter.  Props to the owner of this thread for putting up that image of Cable against Surfer, if I could put up some impressive pics of Cable, I sure as hell would.
#33 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: Look above to the first post on this thread, it's of Cable shattering the absolute hell out of Silver Surfer's board, a feat nigh impossible.  Bear in mind that's the Cable said to be in this battle.  This battle would NOT come down to a match of physicality, it's beyond a given that Manhunter is stronger, i'm not even arguing that, and i'm not arguing that Manhunter doesn't have impressive telepathic capabilities.  I'm saying that Cable would prevail.  As aggressive as Manhunter can be, I argue that Cable would unleash that aggression faster.  This isn't going to turn into a DBZ fight of who can be the mightiest, Manhunter has the advantage, Cable is going into this the underdog, but Cable CAN match the Manhunter telepathically, enough to hold his own long enough to teleport out of distance from the attack.  Martian Manhunter has the power of invisibility, well Cable has the power of cloaking himself from view by manipulating his telepathy, so that matches that.  Manhunter has intangibility, so that would prove difficult for Cable to directly assault him, but Manhunter wouldn't constantly be intangible, nor would he be constantly invisible, he would try going face to face with Cable, which isn't what Cable would want, he would lure Manhunter and frustrate him by way of counter-attacks until Manhunter becomes angry and more vicious, lessening the focus in his attacks, whereas Cable could put himself in just the right position to manipulate his own psionic abilities to backlash Manhunter's telepathic attacks.  Manhunter's stats are higher than Cables, but that doesn't mean Cable would lose.  Cable is way more experienced in hardened battle than Manhunter is, and Manhunter is an experienced hero, but Cable would use his tactical experience and outwit Martian Manhunter.  Props to the owner of this thread for putting up that image of Cable against Surfer, if I could put up some impressive pics of Cable, I sure as hell would. "
Actually, the Martian was trained as a manhunter on Mars. So, yeah, Cable probably is the better strategist of the two, but the Martian isn't lacking in that area either. He also won't just piss off the Martian until he does something stupid. That doesn't even match the way the Martian fights. And again, Cable will not be able to affect the Martian telepathically. He also can't do this fight in the power level he's at for very long. Eventually, he'll burn out, and then he'll really be screwed. In this fight though, the Martian is far faster. If he turns invisible and uses his speed, how is Cable going to protect himself? Create a force field? The Martian can phase through it. The Martian has all of the bases covered on this. He not only has the vastly superior physical attributes, but he has long ranged capabilities, the defensive capabilities, and the speed advantage. Cable can't contend with that. 
#34 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
I just don't see how could beat

Why won't this be a physical battle? Is that a rule? I don't see it as a rule in the OP. MM has got all that he needs to physically beat and telepathically stalemate Cable. MM wins!  Plus we're talking about bloodlust here. Superman himself said he might not beat MM.
#35 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
"     
I just don't see how could beat

I like that. 
#36 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Aside from everything, just wanted you to know that you're a great debater, I like a challenge.  Cable would unleash a physical attack augmented by psionics on Manhunter that could briefly stun him, the same kind of vicious attack that he did to shatter the Silver Surfer's shield, so based on that, you know that Cable has the ability to at least once catch the Manhunter off guard with an assault.  It wouldn't keep Manhunter down, and Manhunter would probably retaliate with an attack that would send Cable smashing down to the arena, but take into consideration that Cable could do something vicious, such as using his Psi-Mitar to sever part of the Manhunter and teleport it away. 

Manhunter has regenerating capabilities, so while he regenerates.  Even though you brought up that Manhunter has overcome his fear of fire, it's come back on numerous occasions, so who's to say that Cable couldn't telepathically nudge that fear rather than going all out telepathic assault that Manhunter could easily defend? Based on this theory of attack, Cable could easily douse Manhunter in psionic flames to quickly put the fear of God into Manhunter, opportunistically launching an assault either with an technopathically altered high-powered rifle, or a psionic bullet to take advantage of Manhunter's vulnerable state to put him in a brief comatose state.  Note: what I just described would be a quick and  strategized attack, because you are right, Cable would eventually burn out if the fight carried on, Manhunter would win, but if Cable unleashed his deadly aggression with his experience in his powers and resources, he could beat Manhunter. 
#37 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

At the very least I think we can say Cable vs MM will be closer than Cable vs SS.

#38 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:

" At the very least I think we can say Cable vs MM will be closer than Cable vs SS. "

Helluva lot closer. :D As you said earlier SS>MM...
#39 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter.
#40 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: Aside from everything, just wanted you to know that you're a great debater, I like a challenge.  Cable would unleash a physical attack augmented by psionics on Manhunter that could briefly stun him, the same kind of vicious attack that he did to shatter the Silver Surfer's shield, so based on that, you know that Cable has the ability to at least once catch the Manhunter off guard with an assault.  It wouldn't keep Manhunter down, and Manhunter would probably retaliate with an attack that would send Cable smashing down to the arena, but take into consideration that Cable could do something vicious, such as using his Psi-Mitar to sever part of the Manhunter and teleport it away.  Manhunter has regenerating capabilities, so while he regenerates.  Even though you brought up that Manhunter has overcome his fear of fire, it's come back on numerous occasions, so who's to say that Cable couldn't telepathically nudge that fear rather than going all out telepathic assault that Manhunter could easily defend? Based on this theory of attack, Cable could easily douse Manhunter in psionic flames to quickly put the fear of God into Manhunter, opportunistically launching an assault either with an technopathically altered high-powered rifle, or a psionic bullet to take advantage of Manhunter's vulnerable state to put him in a brief comatose state.  Note: what I just described would be a quick and  strategized attack, because you are right, Cable would eventually burn out if the fight carried on, Manhunter would win, but if Cable unleashed his deadly aggression with his experience in his powers and resources, he could beat Manhunter.  "
I appreciate that you admire my the way I present my arguments, and I say the same for you. There are still problems I have with what you're saying though. First, Cable is not going to be able to pierce the Martian's mind. It won't work. Second, even if the Martian was vulnerable to fire in this instance, how would Cable know about that weakness? Third, you point out that Cable might be able to catch the Martian off-guard, but who's to say the Martian doesn't catch Cable off-guard? When you can shape shift into anything, of vast or miniscule size and become intangible and invisible, combined with his great speed, how would Cable catch J'onn off-guard? I fail to see how Cable is going to get past these capabilities. If the Martian is even far away from Cable, he can extend himself to attack him. If the Martian gets within 10 feet of Cable, Cable's dead. One hit from the Martian, and he's out. Considering the Martian's speed, I don't see how this sin't a possibility. 
#41 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad: Ya and Cable was holding up an island at the time of the fight.
#42 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince of Saiyans said:
" @ssejllenrad: Ya and Cable was holding up an island at the time of the fight. "
The Martian helped move the planet. So, yeah, holding an island is impressive, but it's not that impressive.
#43 Posted by Prince of Saiyans (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Wasn't it more with physical powers, when he helped WW and Supes?
#44 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: My reason for Cable being able to put a telephatic bullet or actually penetrate the Manhunter's mind? Manhunter himself admitted that the only kind of fire that managed to put fear in his mind were psychic flames, which, can be easily interpreted as psionic flames.  As for Manhunter being invulnerable to long-range attacks, during Salvation Run, Deadshot used a fire-based weapon and fired on Manhunter, and he went sprawling.  Cable has much more resourceful weaponry on hand than a small-time DC villain.  Manhunter also got taken out by Superboy-Prime.  My point being, Cable is a masterful strategist, and although Manhunter was considered the strongest being in his realm by Superman, Cable has bested Apocalypse by himself, and Apocalypse is considered immortal, and one of the deadliest beings in his own realm, respectively. 

Cable not only has teleportation, but time-travel.  In an act of desperation, what if Cable took advantage of that and geared his technopathy to take himself and Manhunter to a different time, or realm, trapping him there as Cable returns.  With all of Manhunter's abilities, he wouldn't be able to reverse that without the help of Flash or his JLA buddies.  Cable would return to the Cell arena, and stand victorious.  It doesn't matter with Manhunter's physical or mental abilities, if he falls into that trap, there is nothing he could do.
#45 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: My reason for Cable being able to put a telephatic bullet or actually penetrate the Manhunter's mind? Manhunter himself admitted that the only kind of fire that managed to put fear in his mind were psychic flames, which, can be easily interpreted as psionic flames.  As for Manhunter being invulnerable to long-range attacks, during Salvation Run , Deadshot used a fire-based weapon and fired on Manhunter, and he went sprawling.  Cable has much more resourceful weaponry on hand than a small-time DC villain.  Manhunter also got taken out by Superboy-Prime.  My point being, Cable is a masterful strategist, and although Manhunter was considered the strongest being in his realm by Superman, Cable has bested Apocalypse by himself, and Apocalypse is considered immortal, and one of the deadliest beings in his own realm, respectively.  Cable not only has teleportation, but time-travel.  In an act of desperation, what if Cable took advantage of that and geared his technopathy to take himself and Manhunter to a different time, or realm, trapping him there as Cable returns.  With all of Manhunter's abilities, he wouldn't be able to reverse that without the help of Flash or his JLA buddies.  Cable would return to the Cell arena, and stand victorious.  It doesn't matter with Manhunter's physical or mental abilities, if he falls into that trap, there is nothing he could do. "
That doesn't explain how Cable would know about the Martian's (supposed) weakness to fire in the first place. Also, if Cable just sent him off to some other time period, he'd only win by BFR. That's just cheap. And, for the last time, Cable won't be able to penetrate the Martian's mind. The Martian being taken down by Superboy Prime is not a showing of weakness. He was able to hurt SBP; that's a very legit feat. You're still not explaining what's keeping the Martian from utilizing his shape shifting, invisibility, intangibility, speed, and strength from completely annihilating Cable. The point you made about the Martian being hurt by Deadshot's fire-based weapons, is that it's fire-based. Even on the chance that the Martian is susceptible to fire in this instance, Cable has no way of knowing that. 
#46 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Martian Manhunter's fear of fire is obviously mentally based, which, first and foremost, is Cable's specialty.  Just because al all-out telepathic assault might be blocked by Manhunter doesn't mean that Cable couldn't establish a quick telepathic link and learn his weakness.  I'm not even focusing on the time travel scenario, that's why I said in an act of desperation, it's something Cable could do.  As far as Manhunter's shape-changing ability, I can't see Manhunter taking any kind of shape that would solely defeat Cable, increase his size? Apocalypse does the same, and Cable still prevails.  Invisibility, unfortunately for the Manhunter, even if he tried making himself invisible to try and stealth attack Cable, it's not as if Cable couldn't sense him with his telepathy and techno-organic abilities.  In which case, Cable could simply do the same and make himself invisible by use of his own powers, so they would have to rely on sense to attack. 

Unfortunately for Manhunter, I think we can agree that Cable is much more experienced in stealth combat and sneak attacks, considering all the times he's infiltrated the X-Men and Apocalypse.  You have a point, and that's that Manhunter has abilities that would give him an immediate advantage over Cable, doesn't mean Cable couldn't retaliate or counter-attack.  Cable is crafty, and he has his own impressive abilities, and based on the conditions of his fight, we're talking about a Cable that unleashes an inner-power comparable to a god.  An attack that can stun and briefly take down the Silver Surfer is going to do more damage to the Martian Manhunter, and if you're going to argue of his ability to go intangible, how long is he going to stay intangible and not attack Cable? Eventually, he's going to solidify, and when he does, Cable is going to unleath all of his aggression unto the Martian, increasing his physical and psionic power ten-fold, Cable would only burn himself out if he stayed in a continuous state of god-like strength while Martian avoided him. 

Cable's extended power combined with his experience and ability to strategize? Manhunter would have to unleash everything in his power to match that.  And you still haven't addressed Cable's resources, his transporting ability, or his on-hand weapons, including a large firearm with deadly power, various types of grenades that were made to battle all types of foes, the power of the Psi-Mitar that would only increase Cable's powers and be used as a spear or projectile.  Manhunter might have a strong mind, but a Telepathic bullet could and was made to pierce even the strongest of minds.  Martian Manhunter could only win this fight if he managed to avoid everything Cable had and outlast him until he burns himself out, which in itself would be a cheap victory.
#47 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

stalemate

#48 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

To many "ifs" on cable side. MM should win.
#49 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
" @Silver2467: Martian Manhunter's fear of fire is obviously mentally based, which, first and foremost, is Cable's specialty.  Just because al all-out telepathic assault might be blocked by Manhunter doesn't mean that Cable couldn't establish a quick telepathic link and learn his weakness.  I'm not even focusing on the time travel scenario, that's why I said in an act of desperation, it's something Cable could do.  As far as Manhunter's shape-changing ability, I can't see Manhunter taking any kind of shape that would solely defeat Cable, increase his size? Apocalypse does the same, and Cable still prevails.  Invisibility, unfortunately for the Manhunter, even if he tried making himself invisible to try and stealth attack Cable, it's not as if Cable couldn't sense him with his telepathy and techno-organic abilities.  In which case, Cable could simply do the same and make himself invisible by use of his own powers, so they would have to rely on sense to attack. 

Unfortunately for Manhunter, I think we can agree that Cable is much more experienced in stealth combat and sneak attacks, considering all the times he's infiltrated the X-Men and Apocalypse.  You have a point, and that's that Manhunter has abilities that would give him an immediate advantage over Cable, doesn't mean Cable couldn't retaliate or counter-attack.  Cable is crafty, and he has his own impressive abilities, and based on the conditions of his fight, we're talking about a Cable that unleashes an inner-power comparable to a god.  An attack that can stun and briefly take down the Silver Surfer is going to do more damage to the Martian Manhunter, and if you're going to argue of his ability to go intangible, how long is he going to stay intangible and not attack Cable? Eventually, he's going to solidify, and when he does, Cable is going to unleath all of his aggression unto the Martian, increasing his physical and psionic power ten-fold, Cable would only burn himself out if he stayed in a continuous state of god-like strength while Martian avoided him. 

Cable's extended power combined with his experience and ability to strategize? Manhunter would have to unleash everything in his power to match that.  And you still haven't addressed Cable's resources, his transporting ability, or his on-hand weapons, including a large firearm with deadly power, various types of grenades that were made to battle all types of foes, the power of the Psi-Mitar that would only increase Cable's powers and be used as a spear or projectile.  Manhunter might have a strong mind, but a Telepathic bullet could and was made to pierce even the strongest of minds.  Martian Manhunter could only win this fight if he managed to avoid everything Cable had and outlast him until he burns himself out, which in itself would be a cheap victory. "
I'm sorry, but you are so fundamentally wrong. You're not wrapping your head around telpathic resistance. There is absolutely not mental capability that Cable has that will affect the Martian. It's not going to happen. Don't even bring that up again. The Martian has feats that even Xavier with Cerebro has not been able to do. Cable is not penetrating his mind. The Martian is practically inexhaustible stamina. He could stay intangible virtually indefinitely for all it matters. Also, Cable does not have any enhanced reflexes. So even if he could sense the Martian while he's invisible, the Martian is still too fast for Cable to get away. Cable's attack didn't even hurt Surfer. Surfer came out completely unscathed and took down Cable. As for Cable's explosives and other weapons, that's not going to do much good against someone who's taken punches from SuperMan. The telepathic bullet can be avoided or phased through. That's no good. Cable's strategic abilities won't do much good against someone who can hit him before he even knows he was attacked. The Martian's speed is not being taken into account here. Cable doesn't have such great speed at his disposal. You're pushing your limits. Cable has nothing that can't be deflected, blocked, avoided, or phased through, and that's assuming that the Martian even allows Cable the time to attack. Cable has nothing in this that can take down the Martian. 
#50 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: When I bring up the Cable and Silver Surfer instance, i'm not saying Cable beat Surfer, i'm showing an instance, rightly shown as the very first post, that Cable had the ability to unleash the speed and power to smash the Silver Surfer's indestructible board, which is celestially based.  The fact that i've been stating here over and over is that even though I acknowledge the fact that the Martian Manhunter has a definite advantage, that does not mean he would win, just because he is physically stronger, or faster.  In comics, The Joker defeated The Hulk, Lex Luthor has defeated Superman, a random Skrull defeated The Sentry.  All of these examples should cue you in on a very important detail; you don't have to match your foe in ability to beat them.  Cable's taken his share of beatings, but he's also come out on top against a hell of a lot of stacked odds. 

I don't understand why you believe that Cable would absolutely never penetrate the Manhunters mind, if Manhunter himself has admitted that his weakness and fear of fire are mentally based? That should clue you in that he has a vulnerability that has been exploited before, numerous times.  Whereas Cable, a mutant who has been able to delve into The Hulk's mind, shield against the likes of Onslaught, a being with the TP powers of Xavier and X-Man.  To try and ignore Cable's TP abilities when the base of this battle is when Cable unleashes his full power and ability, a power comparable to a God, that's so powerful it starts to destroy his body from within, and you can sit there and with an honest face try and say that Manhunter just brushes that all aside? Normally, Manhunter would have the advantage over Cable, i've said this I don't know how many times, but not the Cable that's unleashed his full mutant potential.  Manhunter, even with his incredible speed and strength, would have to smash through a TK barrier just to get to Cable, and Cable would sure as hell see that coming.  If Cable is unleashing this desperation and actually unleashing his abilities, it pretty much is the equivalent of X-Man vs. Manhunter, because we all know by now that Cable is the Nathan Grey of his own reality.  Manhunter, with all the odds stacked against Cable, wouldn't, probably couldn't kill Manhunter, not with his regenerating abilities, but this is about who would win, and Cable could KO Manhunter briefly, it's been done plenty of times.