#1 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel VS. DC Tourney!!!

It's happening!!!!!!! And the Battle continues....................

The Scenario!!!!!

Quite simply once again The Grandmaster and Krona are creating havoc on a grand abstract scale

and our heroes and villains from each prospective Universe have been throw into contests to prove their universe is worthy sparing of annihilation. Each team believes that if they win, they will obtain the power item for their universe. The prospective universe teams that obtains the most power items presents them at the end of the tournament and saves the day (or in the villains case, win control!!!)

each team sees their power item suspended in the sky of every match, similar to this:

The Rules of engagement!!!!!

• NO BFR FOR WIN, however may be used in a battle as an element as applicable. Just not for a win
  • Standard gear as applicable, and this is MORALS OFF characters
  • No Timetravel or Time manipulation
  • No insta-kill one shots (this would include complete mind rape. none of that for the win for you TP users)
  • speaking of TP / Psychic abilities here..........no completely controlling / KO an opponent. Influencing, illusions, weakening, confusing, yada yada yada.....fine
  • molecular rearrangement / matter manipulation. May be used to alter organics but NOT against your opponents body, anything else if fair game.......(environment, etc.....)
  • Summoning minions. Limited. Inquire for adjudication.
  • NO PREP!!!! Muahahahaha!!!!
  • Starting distance = 10 miles apart.
  • Win is KO / incapacitation / death of opponent

The Battlefield Location!!!!!

a dying planet chosen as neutral ground for the tourney. It is similar to earth in all ways. just on it's last legs. It is uninhabited. However there are empty cities and structures all throughout the planet along with the typical oceans, deserts, mountain ranges, forests, etc....

The Contestants in this Battle!!!

Frozen (DC Team)

Darkseid and Superman Prime

VS.

Darkseid1006 (Marvel Team)

The Ghost Rider Team! (Johnny Blaze/Zarathos & Ketch/Noble composite)

The Perks store!!!!

Only Darkseid1006 team is allowed to select a perk this round. And he may select 2 perks, one for each member. Read and choose carefully:

• TP resistance (1 min duration) for only one team member.
    • Invisibility (one team member affected. 5 sec duration)
    • Teleportation generator. (one team member only, can only be used once!)
    • Invulnerability!!! (think Mario's star!) 10 sec duration (resistant to EVERYTHING!)
    • Nullify!!! Negates a specified opponents abilities for 5 seconds....
    • Pre-Cog flashes! 2 min duration......
    • Refraction!!! opponents attack bounce back! use x1 time in a battle, any time of choosing
    • "cosmic awarenesss" insight! x1 in a battle, one member uses it only (duration 2 seconds)
    • Magic Immunity! (30 sec duration) (one team member)
    • Time Freeze! (I said no time manip in OP, well this is the only way to get it!!! 2 sec duration.....area of effect......50 foot radius bubble in all directions......use wisely and carefully if chosen)

#2 Posted by darkseid1006 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I see you handicapped me with the perks (obviously you belive I'm not good enough either? ;) well guess what... You're right :). All I'm attempting here is to get 2 votes)

Also infortunatly I can't put a post up for 12 days so... Yeah :/

#3 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I see you handicapped me with the perks (obviously you belive I'm not good enough either? ;) well guess what... You're right :). All I'm attempting here is to get 2 votes)

no bro!!! I put the handicap in due to his characters being insanely powerful. I just wanted to level the playing field so to speak..........

another 12 days???!!! well then. Let me think about that.........

#4 Posted by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#5 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Nice.

Serious or sarcasm? And what specifically would you be referring to my man?

#6 Posted by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Nice.

Serious or sarcasm? And what specifically would you be referring to my man?

The setup. I suppose I should initiate the starting post.

#7 Posted by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: I'll start simple, but not too simple.

Why my team has the advantage

I have, one of the most powerful renditions of Superman. Not only will he be near impossible to put down, but he's faster, stronger and more durable than New Earth Supermab by at least a factor of 5 or 6. He has the potency to blitz faster than normal Superman, and Darkseid, though slightly restricted in his powers, has Omega Beams which can end the battle, and the use of BFR via Boom Tube (or, Prime could BFR) which would elongate it.

My team

I'll start, by just laying down some of the powers my team has, to effectively 'take the cake'.

Omega Beams

While Darkseid may not be capable of matter-manipulating in this scenario, or sending the Ghost Rider's back in time, he can certainly knock them out. A notable feat from his Omega Beams is in the Crisis on Infinite Earths series, which is the same version of Darkseid (and, the last issue took place while New Earth was created, thus Post-Crisis).

A weakened Anti-Monitor (yet still powerful), is fighting Pre-Crisis COIE levels Kal L (Earth 2 Superman), not the nerfed Infinite Crisis. He's bloodlust and pounding on it, keep in mind this version of Kal L is just as powerful are Pre-Crisis Superman (Bronze Age). Yet, he cannot put the Anti-Monitor down. Darkseid channells his Omega-Beams through Alexander Luthor which tear apart the Anti-Monitor's armour.

Crisis on Infinite Earths #12

To confirm the ensuing effect, the Anti-Monitor would soonafter level a Binary Star, as confirmed by the Absolute Edition.

It's reinforced in the same edition, Darkseid's responsobility in sending through the blast.

To consolidate my point, the DC miniseries Legacies has The Monitor confirming Darkseid's importance during the battle.

Prime, very much is a physical behemoth. I'll lay down a few feats.

Strength

Strong enough, to move entire planets with his strength, like chess pieces as a boy without his armour.

Infinite Crisis

Does it again (or, already done it before)

Infinite Crisis: Secret Files and Origins

And as a man, flew through Earth 15 and destroyed it, by flying through it's core, which is a strength/durability feat. He destroyed a planet like tissue paper.

From the Countdown to Final Crisis series, issue 24.

Speed

Aside from escaping the speed-force, he blitzed ION Sodam Yat and others in seconds

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds

Kal El and Kal L had to slow him down with a 300 mile thick Green Lantern construct wall and into the Red Sun to stop him, because he was much faster

What's to stop Prime from blitzing? Or Darkseid's Omega Beams knocking them out? Ghost Rider is a demon, and Darkseid's Omega Beams have briefly hurt The Spectre, himself, who is far more divine in power.

The Spectre #20

I'll let CA decide if this is applicable here, but he did seperate the Matrix Firestorm (and one-shot Orion with a blast).

He could separate Zarathos and Johnny Hell, regardless he hasn't actually beaten anyone on Darkseid's level, let alone Superman Prime.

#10 Posted by those_eyes (6687 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting good!

#11 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

bout damn time.

#12 Edited by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#14 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Eisenfauste (8283 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Frozen gets my vote, he put up a solid argument while darkseid really didn't have a counter for the awesomeness of Frozen's team.

#17 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4331 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: lmao............seeing as darkseid didn't get to post (he told me he may not be able to in time).....givin it to you by default.

#18 Edited by dondave (37418 posts) - - Show Bio

They the other didn't post. There's no need for me to vote.

#19 Posted by lukehero (8427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @cosmicallyaware1: @frozen:

Did you not see the awesomeness of this post. DS team stomps hard. Come on guys. Jeez.

#20 Posted by Frozen (13247 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

They the other didn't post. There's no need for me to vote.

But I got you to write two sentences.

#21 Edited by darkseid1006 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Iragexcudder (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: thanks for the tag tho bud

#23 Posted by darkseid1006 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: ok it's settled I debated fantastically but you edged it out ;)

But ok you win however if your up for it (just for kicks) would you be willing to continue as I was quiet looking forward to this?

#24 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Um well it's not exactly fair to vote here given that one person made a post and the other didn't. I'm sure there'd be counters to Darkseid separating Zarathos from its hosts and from Prime blitzing the hell out of them. I have seen certain feats which users like Cadence have used to claim that a morals off Ghost Rider is closer to Hell Lord level than anything else. Having said that, only one person actually made a post and it was a solid one at that with strong arguments and pertinent supporting evidence. So obviously @frozen would get my vote if it was fair to vote in this match :P