#1 Posted by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

Burning Gundam vs Epyon..no prep. Who would win?

#2 Posted by vintage_spiderman (1224 posts) - - Show Bio

"BURNING FINGER"

#3 Posted by boschePG (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: hmm....who is piloting Epyon? Tres or Zechs?

#4 Posted by Straynger (227 posts) - - Show Bio

God Gundam stomps hard.

#5 Posted by Funsiized (3670 posts) - - Show Bio

close range? HAHAHAHA

The ONLY chance Epyon has is his superior mobility. If he brings it in close he gets stomped, and since he doesn't have any Long range Equipment(Which doesn't make a lot of sense considering its Arch-Mech) He gets stomped here.

#6 Edited by God_Spawn (37764 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Epyon really only has a mobility advantage, and maybe one could make an argument for durability, but it's no where close in terms of destructive force. The only other advantage is that Epyon's pilots are all superior to Domon due to the Zero System. However, Domon has a great deal of skill himself and, as previously stated, God Gundam has the destructive edge and a long range attack to boot. Epyon may be faster and have better maneuverability, but it can't abuse by kiting, and it wold sitll be hard to face Domon in H2H. God Gundam should take it in a relatively one-sided battle.

@boschepg said:

Tres didn't ever actually pilot Epyon, did he? I swear only Zechs and Heero were it's pilots.

#8 Posted by boschePG (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Tres didn't ever actually pilot Epyon, did he? I swear only Zechs and Heero were it's pilots.

I think you are right. Treize helped built Epyon but never flew it if I remember correctly...its been years. What Im getting at is Zechs is far the superior pilot coupled with zero system. Burning Gundam has the raw power but Zechs did get over to standstills against Gundams with Tallgeese mobile suit

#9 Edited by Gambit474 (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@gambit474: Epyon really only has a mobility advantage, and maybe one could make an argument for durability, but it's no where close in terms of destructive force. The only other advantage is that Epyon's pilots are all superior to Domon due to the Zero System. However, Domon has a great deal of skill himself and, as previously stated, God Gundam has the destructive edge and a long range attack to boot. Epyon may be faster and have better maneuverability, but it can't abuse by kiting, and it wold sitll be hard to face Domon in H2H. God Gundam should take it in a relatively one-sided battle.

@boschepg said:

the blonde haired guy? He piloted either Epyon or Wing Zero..might've been Wing Zero because he was fighting Heero and someone else in the blue and red gundam things

#10 Posted by OverLordArhas (7727 posts) - - Show Bio

Burning Gundam

#11 Posted by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambit474: Zechs is the blonde guy, he piloted wing zero at first, but later switched to Epyon after he and heero traded.

#13 Posted by boschePG (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: you back alot of your thoughts and I appreciate it. Im just clearing stuff to say im not just disagreeing to disagree.

But...zechs is probably the beat I pilot in the entire Gundam line. And now the op gives him the zero system and an actual Gundam. As I stated before Tallgeese isnt a Gundam Nd zechs was able to standstill wingzero. In burning gundam series Domon gets beat alot and then gets over with burning finger. Zechs always speed blitzes with a lesser mech and stomps.

I think zechs in epyon stomps this fight cuz its a random encounter. Thought?

#14 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

@dratini1331: you back alot of your thoughts and I appreciate it. Im just clearing stuff to say im not just disagreeing to disagree.

But...zechs is probably the beat I pilot in the entire Gundam line. And now the op gives him the zero system and an actual Gundam. As I stated before Tallgeese isnt a Gundam Nd zechs was able to standstill wingzero. In burning gundam series Domon gets beat alot and then gets over with burning finger. Zechs always speed blitzes with a lesser mech and stomps.

I think zechs in epyon stomps this fight cuz its a random encounter. Thought?

Thanks =D I love Gundam, so I just tend to know more about it (well some of it). I'm also in the middle of writing scripts for Abridged Gundam Wing and I'm a massive Gundam wing fanboy >.<

I think I would give it to Zechs + Epyon if it weren't for the very last scene in G Gundam, where God Gundam and Domon were capable of blasting through the dark gundam with that crazy Burning finger that actually projected the king of hearts. It would be very hard for Zechs to deal with something like that considering Epyon has less durability IMO than the Dark Gundam, and thus he would have to stay at range to not get one shotted. Zechs also only has a strong advantage at about mid-range, where Epyon can fully use it's Super-heated Whips. In close Quarters, regular Burning finger and the superior interface system allows Domon to have an upper hand, even against Epyon's boss beam sword.

Zechs would have to stay at medium distance, but that risks getting destroyed by Domon's final attack (which didn't even seem to really effect him energy wise, so we don't know if he couldn't keep firing them) which is the real issue and why it would be one-sided. Epyon can't make effective use of it's higher speed and mobility because it lacks the range to kite God Gundam, and once it gets in close it loses those advantages.

the only way for Zechs to win would be if he could get Domon's arm with a whip. Unlike Borris or Schwartz, Zechs can actually destroy God Gundam with those, as they were able to cause damage to Gundanium. However, that's really his only option as the vulcan head guns are useless against most Gundams.

On a side note, I'm note sure if Zechs is quite the best, I think I'd rank him and Heero fairly high up there though. Definitely a better pilot than Domon, that's for sure.

#15 Posted by boschePG (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: I totally agree with what you said. I should have been more clear that Burning Gundam at King of Hearts level would stomp Epyon. But is the pic of Brning Gundam at King of Hearts level? Was it intended to be at King of Hearts level or not (most of the series) King of Hearts level of Burning Gundam is like the Super Saiyan version of Gundam and I would rank it up there with Gundam Unicorn and Gundam Double Zero.

I like what you said. Im still thinking though that regular burning Gundam would get beat by Epyon while King of Hearts level (end of series) would destroy Epyon.

#16 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: Then we agree. I was just using EoS for both Gundams =D