HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HeroUp2112

@boundlessent:

Again, I think she'd either be stomping to hard for them to get purchase long enough for them to get past her boots, and no, those look like pretty thick nylon I don't think they could bite through it. Yes, if several of them bit the same exact place there would eventually be enough damage for one to get through eventually. I'm thinking about four to six, which isn't likely. However, at least four people (including myself) have come up with ways for her not to get bitten at all and still take care of the ants, so....

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BoundlessEnt

@deathkill23 said:

@boundlessent: The ants have very sharp pincers, and I forgot the suit is low friction so they can mostly aim at her feet, what kind of boots she is wearing? Depending on the material there bites can bypass the material of her shoes and bite her feet.

That's true, I found a better picture of her boots, they look like they'd have be thin to allow for her movement, what do you think?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d34b48e70855
deactivated-5d34b48e70855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boundlessent: Yeah it will take a while for the ants to get through those boots but it can be a few minutes if she stay in place, with her constantly stomping them it won't be enough time to break through the material.

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BoundlessEnt

@deathkill23 said:

@boundlessent: Yeah it will take a while for the ants to get through those boots but if only she stay in place, with her constantly stomping them it won't be enough time to break through the material.

Yeah I was thinking that, but upon further inspection the boots don't look that thick in certain areas. Like I think the toe cap is definitely something the ants won't get through, but beside the toe cap (between the beginning of the heel and the cap) it almost seems as if the boot kind of stretches outward, which would mean that part is quite thin. Same with the top of the foot and around the ankle. What do you think?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wrong about the nylon, those are leather, it would take at least ten ants biting at the exact same place to get through those. The heels are stupid though, glad they got rid of them for the Avengers movies (the first one at least)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d34b48e70855
deactivated-5d34b48e70855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boundlessent: Now that you mention it it does seem thin in that area, which means the ants do have a way to get through those boots easier than expected, though it won't really cause a problem once widow catch on to this and resort to other means of not letting those ants eat there way inside her boots by constant jumping and a lot of flipping and stomping movements to prevent them from reaching further.

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathkill23: Yeah I totally agree with that! She'd probably have to shake them off constantly to prevent it, but I don't know if she'd notice them, given that so many are attacking/biting at once? That could probably be an issue if multiple are biting the same area. What do you think?

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Heels are always a bad choice for combat, I'm sure that's why they switched it for later movies, lol.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

I still maintain she could probably get away WITHOUT being bitten. However, yeah, if she was bitten she wouldn't be as bad off as THAT guy, but she'd be in a world of suck she'd have to choke back to complete her mission.

Probably not as bad as that guy for sure, lol. I agree though, she'd still have to deal with a lot of pain. I thought it would be pretty hard to prevent getting any bites, given the strength of their pincers, they could bite through many fibres. What do you think?

Unlike that guy...she would have adrenaline running through her blood BEFORE the bite which would also curb some of the pain on top of her training

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boundlessent said:
@heroup2112 said:

I still maintain she could probably get away WITHOUT being bitten. However, yeah, if she was bitten she wouldn't be as bad off as THAT guy, but she'd be in a world of suck she'd have to choke back to complete her mission.

Probably not as bad as that guy for sure, lol. I agree though, she'd still have to deal with a lot of pain. I thought it would be pretty hard to prevent getting any bites, given the strength of their pincers, they could bite through many fibres. What do you think?

Unlike that guy...she would have adrenaline running through her blood BEFORE the bite which would also curb some of the pain on top of her training

This too is true. I still say it's unlikely she'd be bitten at all though.

Dasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Widow is at risk of actually dying to 400 ants. She could eventually stomp them all, even barefoot, the ordeal would just suck a lot more.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for silver_bullet23
silver_bullet23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boundlessent: I'm familiar with the ants. They're used in Amazon tribes for boys reaching puberty as a rite of passage to manhood. A glove is made of them that the boy has to stick their hand in and endure the pain. If they can do it, a highly trained assassin that no doubt has vast expertise at subverting pain during torture could too. Not to mention she has boots that she can just puddle dance her way through. 400 isn't a lot of ants. Maybe 4000 is, or if she was naked........

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dasabi: Well, ants are known to crawl into any orifices when they get the opportunity, meaning if they got the chance to get onto her face, she'd be in a lot of trouble. I don't know if she'd last a minute doing this mission barefoot though, lol. She has a higher tolerance to pain being an assassin but she's not invincible to it

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koshi_waza88: Those are great ideas! Her brains are definitely something she'd need to use in this situation, but based on the weapons she has at the moment though, do you think she could take them? The ants would have a hard time reaching her face due to the low friction on catsuit (upper legs/torso) but their pincers are extremely strong and can bite through materials pretty well, which work to their advantage also. Once they get her down, I think it would be hard for her to get out of it. What do you think?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see how she can walk out of here alive. Bullet ants can bite multiple times in a second. Natasha's best bet is to run away.

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BoundlessEnt

@rbt said:

I honestly don't see how she can walk out of here alive. Bullet ants can bite multiple times in a second. Natasha's best bet is to run away.

That's true, but don't you think they'd have a harder time though considering the catsuit portion of her costume (torso, upper legs) are low friction, so it would be difficult to climb to her face?

BoundlessEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BoundlessEnt

@rbt: @deathkill23: I updated the picture, this is what her costume looks like, remember it's low friction on the torso and upper legs of the costume, which would mean the ants have a hard time climbing to her face. Thoughts?

No Caption Provided