Buffy vs. Loki (avengers movie)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PrimarchXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By PrimarchXIII

His muscles are strong enough to withstand blows from mjolnir which the hulk couldn't pick up. He is strong enough to stab thor when he has withstood his from more powerful foes. Strong enough to parry blows from Thor who sent a car flying with ease.

Not to mention his magic and trickery. And as I said at his most powerful he had the tesseract which was started to have enough power not have "a minimum safe distance".

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Mad8Baller
@HBKTimHBK said:

@Mad8Baller said:

Loki cuz Buffy is basically Black Widow from the Avengers movie and Black Widow never beat Loki.

Buffy >>>>> Black Widow...

Tv show Buffy hasn't shown any real H2H feats where she is better than Black Widow from the movie.
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@KaioKen said:

His muscles are strong enough to withstand blows from mjolnir which the hulk couldn't pick up. He is strong enough to stab thor when he has withstood his from more powerful foes. Strong enough to parry blows from Thor who sent a car flying with ease.

Not to mention his magic and trickery. And as I said at his most powerful he had the tesseract which was started to have enough power not have "a minimum safe distance".

It wasn't his muscles, cuz Hulk took hits from Mjolnir too.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Mad8Baller said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Mad8Baller said:

Loki cuz Buffy is basically Black Widow from the Avengers movie and Black Widow never beat Loki.

Buffy >>>>> Black Widow...

Tv show Buffy hasn't shown any real H2H feats where she is better than Black Widow from the movie.

She's showed superior strength, superior durability, and Buffy was a good h2h fighter. Black Widow was just a lot more appeasing to watch...and not in the way that you probably took that.

PrimarchXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By PrimarchXIII

@HBKTimHBK: please link in the film where Thor takes a hit from mjolnir.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By agent9149

loki got used as a hammer by the hulk and still lived to say ow.......what can buffy do to hurt him...she her self couldn't even take that same beating

PrimarchXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PrimarchXIII

@HBKTimHBK: nicely changed.

So are you saying that hulk's skin took the blow? Hulk's skin is stronger than his muscles?

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Picard

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

From what I've seen in that video of Willow v. Glory, I do not see any impressive feats on par with Loki's.

What physical feats does Loki have?

The velocity of the force he threw Tony Stark out of a building appears to be superior to anything I've seen in the videos in depiction towards physical strength. Willow has sent Buffy flying twenty feet? Captain America can easily preform that feat with the same velocity she had portrayed towards sending someone flying. From those two videos, Willow and Buffy appears to possess low level superhuman strength.

Furthermore, Loki's physical feats include easily surviving being manhandled by Hulk and walking out okay afterwards in a few moments and an explosion from Hawkeye's arrow barely fazed him.

First of how did you measured this velocity? But what's more important Glory was sending Buffy flying on distance of 20 feet but Buffy's flight was stopped by solid, concrete wall and force of impact was still strong enough to make human size dents in this wall. So Buffy tanked few of Glory's punches - and we saw how those punches completly destroy heavy wooden gate, how they make holes in concrete pillars, how they send flying enormous, industrial-sized steel door on distance of ten feet, we saw how those hits make entire ceiling collaps etc. - , those punches rockets Buffy twenty feet straight back and smashes her into wall - twice one with her back, second time with her face -, with enough force to leave a huge dents in solid wall. After all of that we saw Buffy jumping out of building, with adult man on her arms, and smashing into concrete sidewalk, taking brunt of the fall. So we have: Buffy taking punches that put holes in concrete, in this same time we saw her being smashed into walls with enough force to put human size dents in it, and shortly after we saw her falling from building with man on her arms, and after all of that she was still conscious, able to move and in relatively good shape.

By the way show me Loki punching as hard as Glory.

@cascadeking09:

Lol you do know that you replied to my comment, right? The debate continues because you're asking me to give you points and prove things while you arent willing to do the same for your end of the debate. Because with prep there has to be something like a weakness Buffy can use to beat him. What magical weapon, Loki isnt Glory the hammer wont do the same thing to him as it did her. Willow using bfr wouldnt be something buffy did neither would the adjoining spell, prep doesnt mean she gets outside help from her friends it means she gets time to prepare.

Don't do Lol, instead think! :) How can you know that magic weapon wouldn't work? I know what prep means, and it means that she can use help and every resource she have. In fact in season 8 we saw Willow giving Buffy her magic powers to use them against Amy. Same can happen here.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@KaioKen said:

So are you saying that hulk's skin took the blow? Hulk's skin is stronger than his muscles?

His durability comes from the Hulk, but just because something is durable doesn't mean it has strength. The main point is getting hit from Mjolnir doesn't mean that Loki is strong.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHab8nDJs7c

Loki knocks Thor on his ass several times in this scene. Anyone arguing that Loki lacks the strength to hurt Buffy is just ignoring the obvious to support their argument.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Picard

@Moonchilde said:

Loki knocks Thor on his ass several times in this scene. Anyone arguing that Loki lacks the strength to hurt Buffy is just ignoring the obvious to support their argument.

When, where? Where are you seeing this knocking Thor on his ass? Did we saw this same scene? Thor was always holding back when he fought Loki, Loki had his staff and he used deception and yet when Thor wanted to end this fight he just said enough! and with one lightning bolt, he - for lack of better expression -knocked multiple versions of his stepbrother on his ass. Only time when Loki hurt Thor was when he used staff, not physical force. Loki is god of mischief, deception... brawling is really not his strong suit

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

When, where? Where are you seeing this knocking Thor on his ass? Did we saw this same scene? Thor was always holding back when he fought Loki, Loki had his staff and he used deception and yet when Thor wanted to end this fight he just said enough! and with one lightning bolt, he - for lack of better expression -knocked multiple versions of his stepbrother on his ass. Only time when Loki hurt Thor was when he used staff, not physical force. Loki is god of mischief, deception... brawling is really not his strong suit

Question is did YOU watch that scene? No one is arguing that Loki could beat Thor, or that all Thor needed to do to win was actually go all out (which he does eventually with the "enough" part you fixated on). The scene, however, CLEARLY shows that Loki is strong enough to hurt Thor. Or do you for some reason believe that Buffy's durability = Thor's? (good luck trying to prove that).

Someone here tried to claim that Loki isn't strong enough to hurt Buffy. This video proves CLEARLY that he is, ignoring that is just ignoring the obvious.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Picard

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

Question is did YOU watch that scene? No one is arguing that Loki could beat Thor, or that all Thor needed to do to win was actually go all out (which he does eventually with the "enough" part you fixated on). The scene, however, CLEARLY shows that Loki is strong enough to hurt Thor. Or do you for some reason believe that Buffy's durability = Thor's? (good luck trying to prove that).

Someone here tried to claim that Loki isn't strong enough to hurt Buffy. This video proves CLEARLY that he is, ignoring that is just ignoring the obvious.

Only time Loki hurt Thor was when he used stuff against him. Also, like I said show me what Loki did to Cap America that Buffy can't handle:

Considering that Glory punched a lot harder...

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#114  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@menaceforever said:

Buffy has killed people that would stomp Loki I mean hulk threw Loki around like he was a doll if this was thor Loki then he would stomp

This is a terrible example. Using movie Hulk to really trash Loki? C'mon.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Picard:

Velocity is a speed of an object in direction, scalar. I didn't measure it but I compared it. Loki threw Stark at speeds that seemingly exceeds that of whatever Buffy had portrayed in the videos shown above. As I said, Buffy possesses low level superhuman strength. You had practically proven my statement. Did Buffy ever portray strength feats that exceeds that of Spider-Man? Or better yet, Iron Man? From movie feats, Loki was capable of fighting Thor and doing more damage than Iron Man had ever done to the latter. The feats that you described to me would quantify Buffy's strength in an area similar to that of Will Smith's cybernetic arm in IRobot, which would be an estimation of several tonnage of power. Loki's strength allowed him to easily manhandle and throw Captain America around, whom was literally throwing people like ragdolls in his movie. An estimation of an average man's striking power would be approx. 500 - 900 lbs of force. Captain America in his movie would be estimated going by both feats and comic background would be ten times as strong as a man and faster alike. We know that strength x speed = power correct? By estimation, Captain America's striking power should be able to punch holes in concrete should the bones in his hand and arm be durable enough to not break upon impact. To conclude this up, movie Cap's strength easily quantifies as a ton or two, Loki manhandled the two ton Cap and has caused some damage to Thor in his movie, and Iron Man did not cause any injury to Thor at all within their fight.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

Only time Loki hurt Thor was when he used stuff against him. Also, like I said show me what Loki did to Cap America that Buffy can't handle:

/Sigh.

First of all, How does a video of Loki knocking Captain America around all over the place somehow show a lack of strength on Loki's part? Hell, this is really a better comparison then Thor, because Buffy's stats are much closer to Cap's then they are to Thor's. Loki is clearly winning this fight until Iron Man shows up to save the day. Providing video of Cap getting beat up by Loki doesn't help Buffy's cause at all.

As for the Loki Thor fight. Do I really have to do this?

At the 3:40 mark, Loki hits Thor with the blunt-end of his staff, sending Thor flying back. Do you think the blunt end increased his strength somehow? I don't.

At 4:24, Loki kicks Thor, knocking Thor off him and causing him to tumble. Are Loki's kicks somehow not of his own strength? At 4:31 he kicks Thor again, causing Thor to stumble backwards a bit, no real damaged caused to Thor here, but enough force to break the weapon lock they were in. At 4:39, Loki manages to get leverage over Thor, knocking Thor to the ground.

This is only counting blunt force hits Loki scores against Thor. He manages to parry and block Thor more times then I want to count in that scene. Do you not believe it takes strength to parry and block blows coming from your opponent, especially one as powerful as Thor?

Staff or no staff, this fight clearly shows that Loki packs enough of a punch to hurt (not beat) his brother, which is more then he'll need to hurt Buffy. Plus the staff is standard equipment for him anyway, so I don't see how him having it makes the scene less valid.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Picard

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Picard:

Velocity is a speed of an object in direction, scalar. I didn't measure it but I compared it. Loki threw Stark at speeds that seemingly exceeds that of whatever Buffy had portrayed in the videos shown above. As I said, Buffy possesses low level superhuman strength. You had practically proven my statement. Did Buffy ever portray strength feats that exceeds that of Spider-Man? Or better yet, Iron Man? From movie feats, Loki was capable of fighting Thor and doing more damage than Iron Man had ever done to the latter. The feats that you described to me would quantify Buffy's strength in an area similar to that of Will Smith's cybernetic arm in IRobot, which would be an estimation of several tonnage of power. Loki's strength allowed him to easily manhandle and throw Captain America around, whom was literally throwing people like ragdolls in his movie. An estimation of an average man's striking power would be approx. 400-600 lbs of force. Captain America in his movie would be estimated going by both feats and comic background would be ten times as strong as a man and faster alike. We know that strength x speed = power correct? By estimation, Captain America's striking power should be able to punch holes in concrete should the bones in his hand and arm be durable enough to not break upon impact.

You talking about strenght I'm talking about durability... Two entirely different things. Did Loki send Stark flying 20 feets with enough force to put human size dents in concrete wall? No he didn't. Did Loki smashed Cap America into wall with enough force to put huge dents in this wall? No, he didn't. In fact we saw fight bettwen Cap America and Loki - show me what Loki did to Cap in this fight that Buffy can't handle? Glory hit a lot harder than that. Rest of your post is just unfunded speculations and assumptions.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Picard

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

/Sigh.

First of all, How does a video of Loki knocking Captain America around all over the place somehow show a lack of strength on Loki's part? Hell, this is really a better comparison then Thor, because Buffy's stats are much closer to Cap's then they are to Thor's. Loki is clearly winning this fight until Iron Man shows up to save the day. Providing video of Cap getting beat up by Loki doesn't help Buffy's cause at all.

At the 3:40 mark, Loki hits Thor with the blunt-end of his staff, sending Thor flying back. Do you think the blunt end increased his strength somehow? I don't.

At 4:24, Loki kicks Thor, knocking Thor off him and causing him to tumble. Are Loki's kicks somehow not of his own strength? At 4:31 he kicks Thor again, causing Thor to stumble backwards a bit, no real damaged caused to Thor here, but enough force to break the weapon lock they were in. At 4:39, Loki manages to get leverage over Thor, knocking Thor to the ground.

This is only counting blunt force hits Loki scores against Thor. He manages to parry and block Thor more times then I want to count in that scene. Do you not believe it takes strength to parry and block blows coming from your opponent, especially one as powerful as Thor?

Staff or no staff, this fight clearly shows that Loki packs enough of a punch to hurt (not beat) his brother, which is more then he'll need to hurt Buffy. Plus the staff is standard equipment for him anyway, so I don't see how him having it makes the scene less valid.

Ok, let's follow your logic for a moment... Supposedly Loki can hurt Thor. OK, but he can't put down Cap America who is - as you said - a lot closer to Buffy's stats. Interesting... So in your opinion Cap America is now equall to Thor? And you don't think that... I don't know Thow was not rolling with a punch, because like - like I said many times - he didn't want to fight his stepbrother. Also Loki was throwing Cap around, and Glory punches send Buffy twenty feet straight back and smashes her into wall, with enough force to leave a huge dents in solid wall, yet she was still standing and she fought back. Did Loki did something like this to Cap America? No he didn't. So what he can do to Buffy, when she took a lot worse hits from Glory?

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Picard:

You talking about strenght I'm talking about durability... Two entirely different things
Considering that Glory punched a lot harder...

Does this not rebuttal your statement?

Did Loki send Stark flying 20 feets with enough force to put human size dents in concrete wall? No he didn't. Did Loki smashed Cap America into wall with enough force to put huge dents in this wall? No, he didn't. In fact we saw fight bettwen Cap America and Loki - show me what Loki did to Cap in this fight that Buffy can't handle?

Since Iron Man didn't preform stated feats, does this imply that Buffy is stronger than Iron Man as well? Captain America has leaped over a ten foot fence, thrown men around like ragdolls (Struck two men through a wall in the end of his movie, thrown a Hydra over ten feet into the air), and has preformed feats that would quantify his physical prowess around Buffy's area excluding durability. Loki was manhandling Cap in their brief tussle.

Rest of your post is just unfunded speculations and assumptions.

Talking about this is speculation and assumptions. Since this entire topic is speculations and assumptions, should we simply discount everything being said? My post makes more sense than yours have so far. If you're going to attempt to deny my post simply because it isn't in agreement with you, then simply don't engage in debating me about this. So far, Loki's physical strength is seemingly superior to Captain America, whom should be at least as strong as Buffy and as for durability, the God took an explosion to his face and was thrown around by Hulk, smashed through walls and ground and he walked out in the end of it without long lasting damage. Should I actually explain how powerful an explosion to the face would be to back up my point? Oh wait, it wouldn't matter given your response to post prior to this one.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Picard

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Picard:

Does this not rebuttal your statement?

Since Iron Man didn't preform stated feats, does this imply that Buffy is stronger than Iron Man as well? Captain America has leaped over a ten foot fence, thrown men around like ragdolls (Struck two men through a wall in the end of his movie, thrown a Hydra over ten feet into the air), and has preformed feats that would quantify his physical prowess around Buffy's area excluding durability. Loki was manhandling Cap in their brief tussle.

Talking about this is speculation and assumptions. Since this entire topic is speculations and assumptions, should we simply discount everything being said? My post makes more sense than yours have so far. If you're going to attempt to deny my post simply because it isn't in agreement with you, then simply don't engage in debating me about this. So far, Loki's physical strength is seemingly superior to Captain America, whom should be at least as strong as Buffy and as for durability, the God took an explosion to his face and was thrown around by Hulk, smashed through walls and ground and he walked out in the end of it without long lasting damage. Should I actually explain how powerful an explosion to the face would be to back up my point? Oh wait, it wouldn't matter given your response to post prior to this one.

To first of your questions: simply no. You were talking about strenght, I was talking about durability, two different things.

As for Cap vs. Loki... once again: show me when Loki smashed Cap into concrete so hard to put human size dents in it. He didn't. Buffy endured more from Glory... I fact Cap was doing pretty well against Loki, and movie Cap have only military training from War Word II era.

As for speculations... let's try to base our discussion on facts from TV series and movies, not on unfounded assertions and fantasies

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

/Sigh.

Ok, let's follow your logic for a moment... Supposedly Loki can hurt Thor. OK, but he can't put down Cap America who is - as you said - a lot closer to Buffy's stats. Interesting... So in your opinion Cap America is now equall to Thor? And you don't think that... I don't know Thow was not rolling with a punch, because like - like I said many times - he didn't want to fight his stepbrother. Also Loki was throwing Cap around, and Glory punches send Buffy twenty feet straight back and smashes her into wall, with enough force to leave a huge dents in solid wall, yet she was still standing and she fought back. Did Loki did something like this to Cap America? No he didn't. So what he can do to Buffy, when she took a lot worse hits from Glory?

Intriguing! Let me follow your logic for a minute. Ok, so he kicks the crap out of Captain America until Iron Man comes and saves him, and you somehow draw the conclusion that that means I think Captain America is now equal to Thor. Brilliant!

And no I don't believe Thor was rolling with the ones he got hit by. Especially not the staff strike, which knocks Thor down for several seconds. This isn't even counting strikes Loki made with the sharp end of his spear (which clearly cut Thor), or his energy blast (which hit Thor with enough force to send him flying through buildings made of Asgardian stone).

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Picard:

To first of your questions: simply no. You were talking about strenght, I was talking about durability, two different things.

Yet your statement was that of a claim that Glory was stronger than Loki? You stated it, I replied to it.

show me when Loki smashed Cap into concrete so hard to put human size dents in it. He didn't.

So in order for a character to be as strong as Buffy, they had to leave human size dents in concrete to be on Buffy's tier? I did not see Spider-Man in his movies ever leaving a crater in the ground yet it is obvious that he's easily stronger than Buffy. This is rebuttal and fallacy to your post.

As for speculations... let's try to base our discussion on facts from TV series and movies, not on unfounded assertions and fantasies

Because so far, I'm correct? Why is it labeled as a fantasy when the basis of my reasoning was Science? One is logic, another is fantasy, opposite ends of a spectrum. I can easily state that you're in denial of logic and reasoning and thus, you're sticking to your delusion that Buffy is physically superior to Loki no matter the points being made. That is fantasy.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Picard

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Picard said:

@Moonchilde said:

/Sigh.

Intriguing! Let me follow your logic for a minute. Ok, so he kicks the crap out of Captain America until Iron Man comes and saves him, and you somehow draw the conclusion that that means I think Captain America is now equal to Thor. Brilliant!

And no I don't believe Thor was rolling with the ones he got hit by. Especially not the staff strike, which knocks Thor down for several seconds. This isn't even counting strikes Loki made with the sharp end of his spear (which clearly cut Thor), or his energy blast (which hit Thor with enough force to send him flying through buildings made of Asgardian stone).

No, my dear friend, you missed the point entirely. You said that Loki is powerful enough to physically hurt Thor, so why, why for peat's sake Loki just don't squish Cap like a bug? This should be easy considering than Cap is nowhere near Thor's level. But no, Cap not only was not squashed, he also get up after every hit, continue to fight back and in the end of a fight he was in good shape. Where was this physical strenght that can hurt Thor then? Sorry, but you can't just say that Loki can physically hurt Thor when you see that apparently he had problems with knocking down supersoldier who is nowhere near Thor's level. This is unlogical. In fact where is Loki's strenght that is comparable to Glory's strenght: you know sending Cap flying, 20 feet into the air and smashing him into some concrete wall, floor etc. so hard that it would put human sized dents in it... This never happened. You danced around this question a for a while, but now please answer it, why Buffy supposedly can't withstand Loki's hits when Cap can, when he got up after every hit and he was fighting back? You know, considering that Buffy endured worse from Glory...

Also you talking about Loki blasting Thor with a stuff and cuting him with it - neither of those have anything to do with physical strenght

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Picard:

Yet your statement was that of a claim that Glory was stronger than Loki? You stated it, I replied to it.

So in order for a character to be as strong as Buffy, they had to leave human size dents in concrete to be on Buffy's tier? I did not see Spider-Man in his movies ever leaving a crater in the ground yet it is obvious that he's easily stronger than Buffy. This is rebuttal and fallacy to your post.

Because so far, I'm correct? Why is it labeled as a fantasy when the basis of my reasoning was Science? One is logic, another is fantasy, opposite ends of a spectrum. I can easily state that you're in denial of logic and reasoning and thus, you're sticking to your delusion that Buffy is physically superior to Loki no matter the points being made. That is fantasy.

Ok, so prove to me that Loki is stronger than Glory. Especially in context of his fight with Cap America. :) No, in order for a character be strong as Glory, he must do what she did. My point is this: Loki never did to Cap what Glory did to Buffy, apparently he can't do it. So if Buffy withstood worse from Glory, what make you so sure that Loki can put Buffy down? Also your analogy to Spider-man is wrong, since we saw that movie Spider-man can stop train with his bare hands, so he actually have feats to support your cliam that he is incredibly strong, Loki have no such feats. No you are incorrect. I never claimed that Buffy is physically superior to Loki, I just said - many times - that she was taking hits from people stronger than Loki, so she can deal with Loki's hits.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Nessy

@Picard said:

No, my dear friend, you missed the point entirely. You said that Loki is powerful enough to physically hurt Thor, so why, why for peat's sake Loki just don't squish Cap like a bug? This should be easy considering than Cap is nowhere near Thor's level. But no, Cap not only was not squashed, he also get up after every hit, continue to fight back and in the end of a fight he was in good shape. Where was this physical strenght that can hurt Thor then? Sorry, but you can't just say that Loki can physically hurt Thor when you see that apparently he had problems with knocking down supersoldier who is nowhere near Thor's level. This is unlogical. In fact where is Loki's strenght that is comparable to Glory's strenght: you know sending Cap flying, 20 feet into the air and smashing him into some concrete wall, floor etc. so hard that it would put human sized dents in it... This never happened. You danced around this question a for a while, but now please answer it, why Buffy supposedly can't withstand Loki's hits when Cap can, when he get up after every hit and he was fighting back? You know, considering that Buffy endured worse from Glory...

Also you taling about Loki blasting Thor with a stuff and cuting him with it - neither of those have anything to do with physical strenght

Loki didn't "squish Cap like a bug" because it was all a part of his plan to be captured. He knew who the soldier was and who he was connected with, and it was all part of his plan to cause conflict between the good guys.

Yes, so far we have seen no physical feats putting him on Glory's level, the difference in durability between Buffy and Loki is ridiculous.

I'd also like to state that a (quite possible reason) that Loki was able to stab Thor was because of Loki's strength, not because it was a blade. If it was simply because it was a sharp object connecting with Thor then there is no reason that the bullets wouldn't tare Loki to shreds (unless you are saying that Loki is more durable than Thor, which would be a fairly weak argument.).

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Picard

@Nessy said:

@Picard said:

No, my dear friend, you missed the point entirely. You said that Loki is powerful enough to physically hurt Thor, so why, why for peat's sake Loki just don't squish Cap like a bug? This should be easy considering than Cap is nowhere near Thor's level. But no, Cap not only was not squashed, he also get up after every hit, continue to fight back and in the end of a fight he was in good shape. Where was this physical strenght that can hurt Thor then? Sorry, but you can't just say that Loki can physically hurt Thor when you see that apparently he had problems with knocking down supersoldier who is nowhere near Thor's level. This is unlogical. In fact where is Loki's strenght that is comparable to Glory's strenght: you know sending Cap flying, 20 feet into the air and smashing him into some concrete wall, floor etc. so hard that it would put human sized dents in it... This never happened. You danced around this question a for a while, but now please answer it, why Buffy supposedly can't withstand Loki's hits when Cap can, when he get up after every hit and he was fighting back? You know, considering that Buffy endured worse from Glory...

Also you taling about Loki blasting Thor with a stuff and cuting him with it - neither of those have anything to do with physical strenght

Loki didn't "squish Cap like a bug" because it was all a part of his plan to be captured. He knew who the soldier was and who he was connected with, and it was all part of his plan to cause conflict between the good guys.

Yes, so far we have seen no physical feats putting him on Glory's level, the difference in durability between Buffy and Loki is ridiculous.

I'd also like to state that a (quite possible reason) that Loki was able to stab Thor was because of Loki's strength, not because it was a blade. If it was simply because it was a sharp object connecting with Thor then there is no reason that the bullets wouldn't tare Loki to shreds (unless you are saying that Loki is more durable than Thor, which would be a fairly weak argument.).

Yes he wanted to be captured. So what? Why he couldn't just kill Cap right away? Then he wouldn't have to deal with him later. Bulltes and asgardian weapons are not this same, not even close, they have different properties than human's bullets. And what is whit you and this argument about bulltes - all vampires in Slayerverse can't be kill by bullets - in fact we saw Spike deliberately shielding Lindsey McDonald with his body from machine gun fire - yet Buffy is hurting them and killing them on regular basis...

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Nessy

@Picard said:

Yes he wanted to be captured. So what? Why he couldn't just kill Cap right away? Then he wouldn't have to deal with him later. Bulltes and asgardian weapons are not this same, not even close, they have properties than human's bullets. And what is whit you and this argument about bulltes - all vampires in Slayerverse can't be kill by bullets - in fact we saw Spike deliberately shielding Lindsey McDonald with his body from machine gun fire - yet Buffy is hurting them and killing them on regular basis...

The first part of your argument is sound. Yes is it faesible and even probable that it's because of the origin of the weapon that it can draw blood from Thor.

The second part isn't making sense to me, okay bullets don't kill Vampires (they require specific methods to die), and Buffy can kill Vampires, either way Buffy can still die to bullets. And bullets don't just bounce off of Vamps the way they do to Loki. It is a completely relevant feat. We know that should something with the power of a bullet hit Loki in the forehead it shouldn't be able to hurt him, but if the same thing happens to Buffy then she will die. You can accept that right?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By isaac_clarke

Like I said earlier, Buffy at normal levels gets stomped. Loki's tanking blasts from Tony's repulsors without even taking damage to his cloths and isn't turned into toothpaste after a thrashing from the Hulk, how the Hell does Buffy put him down? He'll he was kicking around a stronger version of Buffy, Cap.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#128  Edited By HolySerpent

Buffy

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheSuperHuman

Loki, no real contest. Sorry, Buffy fans.

PrimarchXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By PrimarchXIII

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KaioKen said:

His durability comes from the Hulk, but just because something is durable doesn't mean it has strength. The main point is getting hit from Mjolnir doesn't mean that Loki is strong.

Humm... so are you saying, for example a spider's web isnt strong (because i can break it) but durable because it can survive natures conditions?

Why is Loki Durable then? Please give me an explanation why Loki is durable but not strong. If I punch a skinny weak individual I may cause a lot of damage to them, if i punch a body builder trhen i will do nothing and probably hurt my fist. the body builder has more muscle mass and therefore more strength. Even if this was not the case, Thor can easily send a car flying and Loki can parry blows from Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Picard: @Picard:

He is useing the bullets as examples because Loki is bulletproof Vampires aren't bulletproof they just aren't gona die from the bullets cuz they have to be killed by a stake to the heart so the bullets just go in them and they heal from the wounds, that isn't showing the Vampires durability just shows they will are able to push threw pain.

Galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Galiant

I stumbled across this topic by accident. I have a few questions, if you'll indulge me.

1. Is this kind of topic common? Why is anyone interested in this kind of topic?

2. What's with the guy making his fonts this big every time he posts as if his posts are somehow more important than everyone else's?

3. How is this going to lead anywhere? All I see in this topic are people grasping at straws and making arguments based on flawed logic, which, I'll admit, is kind of amusing.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Picard:

My point is this: Loki never did to Cap what Glory did to Buffy, apparently he can't do it. So if Buffy withstood worse from Glory, what make you so sure that Loki can put Buffy down?

Using one fight against a weaker character whom was protected for the sake of plot is weak. Why was Loki able to fight against Thor for a short period of time in his movie? Loki's durability is more than capable of brushing off strikes from Captain America and taking hits from Thor and Hulk alike, with the latter only inflicting some damage but was later healed off after moments. Loki's strength exceeds that of Captain America's, evident as how he was easily throwing Rogers around with the latter being capable of throwing people fifteen feet into the air, around like ragdolls, and sent two SHIELD agents through a wall at the end of his movie. From what I've seen in the video of Buffy and Glory, none of their strength feats impressed me. It seemingly appears to be on Cap's level or slightly above.

As for the topic of durability, care to post a video and specifying time and what punishment/damage she took? I want to see how powerful Buffy truly is to properly gauge her level.

@Galiant said:

I stumbled across this topic by accident. I have a few questions, if you'll indulge me.

1. Is this kind of topic common? Why is anyone interested in this kind of topic?

2. What's with the guy making his fonts this big every time he posts as if his posts are somehow more important than everyone else's?

3. How is this going to lead anywhere? All I see in this topic are people grasping at straws and making arguments based on flawed logic, which, I'll admit, is kind of amusing.

1. You're in Comicvine within the battle section. Ask yourself now if these kind of topics are common or uncommon.

3. It takes two to conclude one. If one does not know of how it is to truly debate, then a conclusion will never be achieved. Strawman upon strawman, nitpicking at specific fights whilst using delusion to keep out other important factors.

(Unrelated to questions)

I'm attempting to see how Buffy is on level with Loki at the moment. It's probably advanced cinematic that makes Loki appear to be more powerful than Buffy.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@KaioKen said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KaioKen said:

Humm... so are you saying, for example a spider's web isnt strong (because i can break it) but durable because it can survive natures conditions?

Why is Loki Durable then? Please give me an explanation why Loki is durable but not strong. If I punch a skinny weak individual I may cause a lot of damage to them, if i punch a body builder trhen i will do nothing and probably hurt my fist. the body builder has more muscle mass and therefore more strength. Even if this was not the case, Thor can easily send a car flying and Loki can parry blows from Thor.

Let's use a better example as to durability not meaning strength, for example Mayor Wilkins during Season 3 before his Ascension

@PunkMastaFlex: I'm sorry for intruding on the debate but if you're looking for durability feats for Buffy, I would like to give the example of her being stabbed through the chest, getting up better then before, knocking off three powerful vampires with one swing of the scythe, and then running and catching up with a speeding bus (Which had the head start)

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By cascadeking09
@Picard said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

From what I've seen in that video of Willow v. Glory, I do not see any impressive feats on par with Loki's.

What physical feats does Loki have?

The velocity of the force he threw Tony Stark out of a building appears to be superior to anything I've seen in the videos in depiction towards physical strength. Willow has sent Buffy flying twenty feet? Captain America can easily preform that feat with the same velocity she had portrayed towards sending someone flying. From those two videos, Willow and Buffy appears to possess low level superhuman strength.

Furthermore, Loki's physical feats include easily surviving being manhandled by Hulk and walking out okay afterwards in a few moments and an explosion from Hawkeye's arrow barely fazed him.

First of how did you measured this velocity? But what's more important Glory was sending Buffy flying on distance of 20 feet but Buffy's flight was stopped by solid, concrete wall and force of impact was still strong enough to make human size dents in this wall. So Buffy tanked few of Glory's punches - and we saw how those punches completly destroy heavy wooden gate, how they make holes in concrete pillars, how they send flying enormous, industrial-sized steel door on distance of ten feet, we saw how those hits make entire ceiling collaps etc. - , those punches rockets Buffy twenty feet straight back and smashes her into wall - twice one with her back, second time with her face -, with enough force to leave a huge dents in solid wall. After all of that we saw Buffy jumping out of building, with adult man on her arms, and smashing into concrete sidewalk, taking brunt of the fall. So we have: Buffy taking punches that put holes in concrete, in this same time we saw her being smashed into walls with enough force to put human size dents in it, and shortly after we saw her falling from building with man on her arms, and after all of that she was still conscious, able to move and in relatively good shape.

By the way show me Loki punching as hard as Glory.

@cascadeking09:

Lol you do know that you replied to my comment, right? The debate continues because you're asking me to give you points and prove things while you arent willing to do the same for your end of the debate. Because with prep there has to be something like a weakness Buffy can use to beat him. What magical weapon, Loki isnt Glory the hammer wont do the same thing to him as it did her. Willow using bfr wouldnt be something buffy did neither would the adjoining spell, prep doesnt mean she gets outside help from her friends it means she gets time to prepare.

Don't do Lol, instead think! :) How can you know that magic weapon wouldn't work? I know what prep means, and it means that she can use help and every resource she have. In fact in season 8 we saw Willow giving Buffy her magic powers to use them against Amy. Same can happen here.

I was mistaken I thought the hammer was made to hurt Glory just like the sphere. Lol it means she can use every resource she has that does not mean she gets outside help. If that's what prep meant than calling the justice league would be an option for any league member now wouldnt it? Take a look at the op this isnt season 8  Buffy, nor does she have any magic or prep for this fight.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By cascadeking09
@HBKTimHBK said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK: Lol if that's all you need you should go back and read.

And she held her own with Glory, and with prep she would just get the hammer that she used to beat Glory half to death with. And why can't you compare Loki to Glory, since Glory is physically superior.

Held her own implies that she can hang with Glory or at least do some damage, which she cannot, she's not in Glory's league. Using Glory to justify saying she can beat Loki doesnt really work unless she actually beat Glory at some point.

Well I doubt Loki would be able to defeat Glory either, since she showed superior strength throughout the season. And I don't need to go back and read, you said Buffy got beaten badly every single time she went up against Glory, which is lowballing Buffy.

Lol you just want to argue and not debate. Does one statement I made really matter if it has nothing to do with my actual point or the topic. You saing that I'm "lowballing Buffy" doesnt really make a difference here because Buffy NEVER beat Glory on her own or at all for that matter. If anyone's lowballing it's you, since you're using abc logic to justify saying that Buffy wins rather than stating how she could beat Loki. Loki is not Glory and Buffy did not beat Glory.
TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TrueMoonchilde
@Picard: No, my dear friend, you missed the point entirely. You said that Loki is powerful enough to physically hurt Thor, so why, why for peat's sake Loki just don't squish Cap like a bug? This should be easy considering than Cap is nowhere near Thor's level. But no, Cap not only was not squashed, he also get up after every hit, continue to fight back and in the end of a fight he was in good shape. Where was this physical strenght that can hurt Thor then? Sorry, but you can't just say that Loki can physically hurt Thor when you see that apparently he had problems with knocking down supersoldier who is nowhere near Thor's level. This is unlogical. In fact where is Loki's strenght that is comparable to Glory's strenght: you know sending Cap flying, 20 feet into the air and smashing him into some concrete wall, floor etc. so hard that it would put human sized dents in it... This never happened. You danced around this question a for a while, but now please answer it, why Buffy supposedly can't withstand Loki's hits when Cap can, when he got up after every hit and he was fighting back? You know, considering that Buffy endured worse from Glory...
Also you talking about Loki blasting Thor with a stuff and cuting him with it - neither of those have anything to do with physical strenght

No, dear buddy. I have answered the question, you just refuse to hear it. Cap doesn't withstand Loki. Every single hit Loki lands sends Cap flying backwards a good 15 feet, sorry that there was no concrete wall behind them to indent him into. But for some reason it seems you wont be satisfied unless there's a scene where Loki punches Cap's head off. Again, sorry that Marvel vetoed killing off a flagship character in the first fight scene.

As for the cutting. The cutting actually DOES show physical strength. Just because you have a blade doesn't mean it'll cut any surface or material you test it against. You have to have a degree of physical force behind the blade for it to do it's job, and the stronger and more durable the substance you're up against, the more force you need. Against Thor you would need a lot of strength. Hell,at one point during that fight scene, Thor dodges a spear thrust by Loki, and the spear gets embedded into the Asgardian stone behind them. How does this not require strength?

And for the energy blast. I brought them up to show that Loki has options other then just melee, and that those options would be far more devastating.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK: Lol if that's all you need you should go back and read.

And she held her own with Glory, and with prep she would just get the hammer that she used to beat Glory half to death with. And why can't you compare Loki to Glory, since Glory is physically superior.

Held her own implies that she can hang with Glory or at least do some damage, which she cannot, she's not in Glory's league. Using Glory to justify saying she can beat Loki doesnt really work unless she actually beat Glory at some point.

Well I doubt Loki would be able to defeat Glory either, since she showed superior strength throughout the season. And I don't need to go back and read, you said Buffy got beaten badly every single time she went up against Glory, which is lowballing Buffy.

Lol you just want to argue and not debate. Does one statement I made really matter if it has nothing to do with my actual point or the topic. You saing that I'm "lowballing Buffy" doesnt really make a difference here because Buffy NEVER beat Glory on her own or at all for that matter. If anyone's lowballing it's you, since you're using abc logic to justify saying that Buffy wins rather than stating how she could beat Loki. Loki is not Glory and Buffy did not beat Glory.

You know, I think of arguing as being hostile lol. I was just merely trying to clarify something that you said, and if you find that "arguing" then I think I'm not the one not debating here, and just because I'm trying to keep you from lowballing Buffy since Buffy held her own and did not get beat badly every single time, doesn't mean I'm arguing. Who said that debating against a statement was wrong and is considered arguing? And I am not underestimating Loki, but I STILL need strength feats that show Loki can fight Buffy, since Buffy has dealt with worse.

I've heard him tossing Tony Stark around in The Avengers, which is something Faith has shown to be capable of, let alone Buffy. I have not heard a good reason as to how Loki is stronger then Buffy.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By cascadeking09
@HBKTimHBK: Lol you sure are focusing hard on one portion of my entire post, beaten badly or not doesnt really matter Buffy never truly defeated Glory. You can distract from that with me "lowballing" and work your way around proving what she can do to Glory all you want, it doesnt really change anything. And yes I find that very argumentative and immature, you're not even focusing on the topic but rather on a statement I made that you disagreed with. Nice job proving that Buffy did not get beaten badly, but what you didnt prove...

What you consider holding her own is just slowing her down and then running away. You consider Glory physically superior, why? You didnt even touch on that at all. And If you think Buffy beats Loki, in this particular scenario then how? Comparing Loki to Glory is just a terrible way of arguing, Buffy did absolutely nothing to hurt Glory on her own so what could she possibly do to Loki?
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK: Lol you sure are focusing hard on one portion of my entire post, beaten badly or not doesnt really matter Buffy never truly defeated Glory. You can distract from that with me "lowballing" and work your way around proving what she can do to Glory all you want, it doesnt really change anything. And yes I find that very argumentative and immature, you're not even focusing on the topic but rather on a statement I made that you disagreed with. Nice job proving that Buffy did not get beaten badly, but what you didnt prove...

What you consider holding her own is just slowing her down and then running away. You consider Glory physically superior, why? You didnt even touch on that at all. And If you think Buffy beats Loki, in this particular scenario then how? Comparing Loki to Glory is just a terrible way of arguing, Buffy did absolutely nothing to hurt Glory on her own so what could she possibly do to Loki?

I needed to clarify something that I believe was wrong, that's what I was doing, LOL and if you find that immature then fine that's perfectly fine with me. I'm not here to impress you, I responded to you to prove that point. I'm not arguing, and if you find me hostile then I'm sorry. And I consider holding her own not getting COMPLETELY destroyed by Glory, I never said she was close to beating Glory without prep, I said she beat Glory with the hammer which towards the end she did, I mean making a goddess ask for the pain to stop is true. And I believe Glory is physically superior because she simply has more feats in strength then Loki, throughout the season she used her strength and Buffy really had to watch herself with Glory's hits because most of those hits really packed a powerful punch.

While I'm going to point something out again, and say what strength feats does Loki have? Honestly that is one thing that I really need here. I've seen that he has better durability compared to Buffy thanks to his armor, but I still haven't seen anything about strength.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#141  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wow, there's actually a debate going on in here?  Honestly, I'm not seeing how TV Buffy stands any kind of chance against Loki in a random encounter.

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
Wow, there's actually a debate going on in here?  Honestly, I'm not seeing how TV Buffy stands any kind of chance against Loki in a random encounter.
Yeah but the only reason that you can't see how Buffy stands any chance is because she doesn't stand any chance.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By cascadeking09
@HBKTimHBK said:

@cascadeking09 said:

I needed to clarify something that I believe was wrong, that's what I was doing, LOL and if you find that immature then fine that's perfectly fine with me. I'm not here to impress you, I responded to you to prove that point. I'm not arguing, and if you find me hostile then I'm sorry. And I consider holding her own not getting COMPLETELY destroyed by Glory, I never said she was close to beating Glory without prep, I said she beat Glory with the hammer which towards the end she did, I mean making a goddess ask for the pain to stop is true. And I believe Glory is physically superior because she simply has more feats in strength then Loki, throughout the season she used her strength and Buffy really had to watch herself with Glory's hits because most of those hits really packed a powerful punch.

While I'm going to point something out again, and say what strength feats does Loki have? Honestly that is one thing that I really need here. I've seen that he has better durability compared to Buffy thanks to his armor, but I still haven't seen anything about strength.

No, it seems you responded to argue with me. What's the point of correcting me on something that has nothing to do with the topic or on something that wasnt very far from the truth anyway? The correcting me part isnt what I found immature, what I find immature is that you went on keep mentioning it after the fact as if mattered. 

I honestly dont remember many of his feats, I've only seen Avengers once and didnt really care much for Thor. He did have Thor hurt in their fight and IIRC he flipped over a car in avengers with his staff and creates illusions as well. That's something not even Glory can do and I dont know how Buffy would fair against that.
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@cascadeking09 said:

No, it seems you responded to argue with me. What's the point of correcting me on something that has nothing to do with the topic or on something that wasnt very far from the truth anyway? The correcting me part isnt what I found immature, what I find immature is that you went on keep mentioning it after the fact as if mattered. I honestly dont remember many of his feats, I've only seen Avengers once and didnt really care much for Thor. He did have Thor hurt in their fight and IIRC he flipped over a car in avengers with his staff and creates illusions as well. That's something not even Glory can do and I dont know how Buffy would fair against that.

I believe in a random encounter, Loki would probably win it out only due to the ability to replicate himself and use those illusions, but I have the unpopular opinion of Buffy being able to put up a pretty good fight. Which is why I was debating for her, because I don't see the epic spite in this battle. And due to the fact that Loki has very little feats in the strength department puts him at a disadvantage.

And Thor was alright, it wasn't the best Marvel movie made though. I thought it was better then Captain America.

job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By job2

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@cascadeking09 said:

He did have Thor hurt in their fight and IIRC he flipped over a car in avengers with his staff and creates illusions as well. That's something not even Glory can do and I dont know how Buffy would fair against that.

lol he hurt thor when? Oh he flipped a car?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Never mind Waren flipping armored cars and still getting over powered by buffy..

And Glory cast glamours on herself that made everyone around her forget she was Ben. Oh and the Vast magical power she needed to create spells to locate the Key and turned snakes into gigantic demons with the power to flip cars with its tail. Its not like buffy hasnt fought Demons who created Time disturbances that work in the same way..no wait..better than casting illusions. And that was a random encounter. So any other feats of loki other than flipping a car and getting owned by being slammed on the ground? No?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Job: When did Warren flip over armored cars?

job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By job2

@HBKTimHBK: when he stole the orbs of nezzla'khan

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Job said:

Sorry to point out the flaw in your logic, but when he had the Orbs of Nezzla'Khan, he was beating Buffy.

job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By job2

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Job said:

Sorry to point out the flaw in your logic, but when he had the Orbs of Nezzla'Khan, he was beating Buffy.

sorry to point out you never knowing what you're talking about..but he was beating buffy because he had invulnerability not because of his strength

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By kingkronos

Buffy at least can handle a vampire, which I doubt Loki can do.