This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jade1977 (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

What weapons does she get and Buffy TV show or comics?

#3 Posted by DaMainMan (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki all day, every day. Mismatch

#4 Posted by Jade1977 (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: TV show, I guess. Haven't read the comics.

#5 Posted by menaceforever (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy

#6 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jade1977: Does Buffy get prep?

#7 Posted by KraytRawk (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy could have a million years prep and she would still lose. Loki wins.

#8 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

Buffy could have a million years prep and she would still lose. Loki wins.

#9 Edited by KraytRawk (692 posts) - - Show Bio

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

#10 Posted by menaceforever (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy has killed people that would stomp Loki I mean hulk threw Loki around like he was a doll if this was thor Loki then he would stomp

#11 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

The answer is in the reply, and Buffy has already beaten a God.

#12 Posted by KraytRawk (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

The answer is in the reply, and Buffy has already beaten a God.

How powerful was this God compared to Loki? Its difficult to measure feats like that between different universes.

#13 Posted by DaMainMan (791 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Buffy series she went against a god and would have lost if not for the "key" specifically designed to take done that specific god. There is no "key" for Loki except maybe Thor. Who by the way Loki was the only one to do really hurt Thor in the movie. And the Hulk tosses everybody around.

#14 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

The answer is in the reply, and Buffy has already beaten a God.

How powerful was this God compared to Loki? Its difficult to measure feats like that between different universes.

Glory smacked Buffy around most of the time, and through out the season Glory wasn't even hurt by anything Buffy did. It took Willow's dabbling in dark magic to hurt her, and then Olaf's Hammer was the only thing Buffy used that could really hurt Glory.

#15 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaMainMan said:

In the Buffy series she went against a god and would have lost if not for the "key" specifically designed to take done that specific god. There is no "key" for Loki except maybe Thor. Who by the way Loki was the only one to do really hurt Thor in the movie. And the Hulk tosses everybody around.

The Key had nothing to do with Glory's downfall, other then it pissing off Buffy since the Key was Dawn.

#16 Posted by KraytRawk (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

The answer is in the reply, and Buffy has already beaten a God.

How powerful was this God compared to Loki? Its difficult to measure feats like that between different universes.

Glory smacked Buffy around most of the time, and through out the season Glory wasn't even hurt by anything Buffy did. It took Willow's dabbling in dark magic to hurt her, and then Olaf's Hammer was the only thing Buffy used that could really hurt Glory.

okay. So it would be more of a quest to find something to hurt Loki with, and with the term 'Million years prep" i used, she would eventually. Lol i may have over exaggerated. You win that debate :). Other wise, Loki would stomp.

#17 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@KraytRawk said:

How so? What kind of resources does she have?

The answer is in the reply, and Buffy has already beaten a God.

How powerful was this God compared to Loki? Its difficult to measure feats like that between different universes.

Glory smacked Buffy around most of the time, and through out the season Glory wasn't even hurt by anything Buffy did. It took Willow's dabbling in dark magic to hurt her, and then Olaf's Hammer was the only thing Buffy used that could really hurt Glory.

okay. So it would be more of a quest to find something to hurt Loki with, and with the term 'Million years prep" i used, she would eventually. Lol i may have over exaggerated. You win that debate :). Other wise, Loki would stomp.

I respect your ability to secede, lol :)

And..meh, I'm not sure about that either.

#18 Posted by DaMainMan (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Point was that without a pre-existing plot device (and the key was to stop Glory not hurt her) Buffy didn't have anything that Glory wouldn't yawn at.

#19 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaMainMan said:

@HBKTimHBK: Point was that without a pre-existing plot device (and the key was to stop Glory not hurt her) Buffy didn't have anything that Glory wouldn't yawn at.

The Key was a portal that Glory wanted, not a threat.

#20 Posted by DaMainMan (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: OK the key was sent to Buffy to protect from Glory and even if Buffy would split over Glory's skull and try to stab her with it, it wouldn't have fazed Glory who would then proceed to dismember the Slayer. Loki would do her worse, & sooner. The end.

#21 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaMainMan said:

@HBKTimHBK: OK the key was sent to Buffy to protect from Glory and even if Buffy would split over Glory's skull and try to stab her with it, it wouldn't have fazed Glory who would then proceed to dismember the Slayer. Loki would do her worse, & sooner. The end.

Prove that when he couldn't do the same to Captain America. And Glory was not invincible, her durability and strength were just far superior to that of Buffy.

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever said:

Buffy
#23 Posted by P0wer (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy

#24 Posted by isaac_clarke (5672 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on Buffy's levels of power. Normal Slayer levels she can't physically hurt him. Super Girl Buffy would pummel him.

#25 Posted by terry2012 (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki would win.

#26 Posted by charlieboy (7148 posts) - - Show Bio

leaning towards loki here.

#27 Posted by imbackwimps (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

loki would turn her into a frog or sumthimg LOKI WINS

#28 Edited by Picard (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@KraytRawk said:

Buffy could have a million years prep and she would still lose. Loki wins.

Let's see... She can use mystical weapon like she did agianst Glory, she can aks her friends to preform the adjoining spell and that gives her strenght, speed, durability of primeval Slayer plus Giles's knowledge, intelligence and Willow's magic. She can also just ask Willow to BFR Loki - witch teleported Glory far above Sunnydale. If falling from sky can turn Hulk into dr Banner then it can probably KO Loki who is inferior to Hulk. But in random encounter Loki would win.

@DaMainMan said:

@HBKTimHBK: Point was that without a pre-existing plot device (and the key was to stop Glory not hurt her) Buffy didn't have anything that Glory wouldn't yawn at.

No, key have nothing to do with it. Buffy used Olaf's hammer - enchanted weapons - to defete Glory

#29 Posted by BringnIt (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy may be able to win if she has the scythe. She just needs the means to overcome his durability.

#30 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Buffy may be able to win if she has the scythe. She just needs the means to overcome his durability.

She's dealt with worse.

#31 Posted by The Stegman (28107 posts) - - Show Bio

Need more info in the OP 
 
Does either have prep? 
 
Is BFR allowed? 
 
can either bring in others to help, like Buffy bringing in Willow 
 
Location? 
 
Win by k.o or does it have to be death?

#32 Posted by Bo88gdan (5267 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki

#33 Posted by WWQ (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0wer said:

Buffy

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this movie Loki or Comic Loki cause the movie version she may have a chance the comic version would easily massacre her and her whole team

#35 Posted by cascadeking09 (6745 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

@DaMainMan said:

@HBKTimHBK: OK the key was sent to Buffy to protect from Glory and even if Buffy would split over Glory's skull and try to stab her with it, it wouldn't have fazed Glory who would then proceed to dismember the Slayer. Loki would do her worse, & sooner. The end.

Prove that when he couldn't do the same to Captain America. And Glory was not invincible, her durability and strength were just far superior to that of Buffy.

I wouldnt say that he couldnt, it's more of what he couldnt do to his shield Cap got murked though.
#36 Posted by Picard (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@DaMainMan said:

@HBKTimHBK: OK the key was sent to Buffy to protect from Glory and even if Buffy would split over Glory's skull and try to stab her with it, it wouldn't have fazed Glory who would then proceed to dismember the Slayer. Loki would do her worse, & sooner. The end.

Prove that when he couldn't do the same to Captain America. And Glory was not invincible, her durability and strength were just far superior to that of Buffy.

I wouldnt say that he couldnt, it's more of what he couldnt do to his shield Cap got murked though.

And Buffy could you know... dodge out of the way of his blows. Also prove that Loki is so strong to do that! :)

#37 Posted by cascadeking09 (6745 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard: Lol I dont even know what you're talking about. I said Cap's shield protected him from Loki doing any damage and you're asking me to prove Loki is so strong that he can do what?
#38 Posted by Picard (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@Picard: Lol I dont even know what you're talking about. I said Cap's shield protected him from Loki doing any damage and you're asking me to prove Loki is so strong that he can do what?

Yes, I aks you to do prove that Loki is so strong that he can do serious damage to Buffy. I don't see anything from movie Loki that can suggest that he can do that. That he is as strong like, let's say Glory.

#39 Posted by Nessy (600 posts) - - Show Bio

bullets don't harm Loki, bullets could kill Buffy.

#40 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6624 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki fought Thor without being easily overtaken. Thor may have been holding back, but even so his blows should have still been enough to knock Loki of balance. And I mean the strength of his blows used to swing Molinir at Odin's staff. The fact that Loki survived being beaten up by a pretty pissed off God of Thunder, to being litterally smashed by the Hulk moments later, proves that even if Buffy is faster, and hard for him to hit, she's not strong enough to put him down. This dude took being shot, slammed multiple times by the Hulk in to tiled floor, beaten up by Thor, blown up by Hawkeye, and hit with Cap's shield. So unless she has Ola's Hammer, which I'll admit may give her a better chance. Loki is still older, wiser due to his thousand of so years of life, teachings by Odin, and recent teachings by Thanos. He is basically a universal threat in the Cinamatic Universe. Listen close I said, Cinamatic Universe lol. Only reason he lost was because of Thor's power and Cap's combined leadership skill and deep knowledge of warfare. Without Thor, Banner may have been diposed of at an earlier time, whist more vunerable and Shield and Iron Man would not contain the Chitauri for long.

#41 Posted by cascadeking09 (6745 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Picard: Lol I dont even know what you're talking about. I said Cap's shield protected him from Loki doing any damage and you're asking me to prove Loki is so strong that he can do what?

Yes, I aks you to do prove that Loki is so strong that he can do serious damage to Buffy. I don't see anything from movie Loki that can suggest that he can do that. That he is as strong like, let's say Glory.

I wasnt even talking about what he would do to buffy for 1 thing, for another I've only seen the move once, but Im pretty sure there's nothing Buffy could do to hurt him either. Glory is the one brought up in every single buffy thread, but she never beat Glory and got owned by her every time. There's really no need to compare Loki to Glory because it wouldnt help your argument at all if you were trying to say Buffy wins.
#42 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

bullets don't harm Loki, bullets could kill Buffy.

She was already shot, remember? It didn't work.

@cascadeking09 said:

@Picard said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Picard: Lol I dont even know what you're talking about. I said Cap's shield protected him from Loki doing any damage and you're asking me to prove Loki is so strong that he can do what?

Yes, I aks you to do prove that Loki is so strong that he can do serious damage to Buffy. I don't see anything from movie Loki that can suggest that he can do that. That he is as strong like, let's say Glory.

I wasnt even talking about what he would do to buffy for 1 thing, for another I've only seen the move once, but Im pretty sure there's nothing Buffy could do to hurt him either. Glory is the one brought up in every single buffy thread, but she never beat Glory and got owned by her every time. There's really no need to compare Loki to Glory because it wouldnt help your argument at all if you were trying to say Buffy wins.

Don't judge Buffy TV show unless you've seen the show, especially since Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy would rip Kristy Swanson Buffy to shreds. And she held her own with Glory, and with prep she would just get the hammer that she used to beat Glory half to death with. And why can't you compare Loki to Glory, since Glory is physically superior.

#43 Posted by cascadeking09 (6745 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK: The movie Avengers not Buffy. I've watched the whole series from start to finish, I grew up watchin that show lol. She didnt really hold her own she got beat badly everytime and did no damage to Glory even with help. Because Buffy never beat Glory she lost every time even in the end she wasnt the one to beat Glory even with prep and magic.
#44 Posted by BringnIt (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 Yeah, she was. She beat her with Olaf's hammer repeatedly, until she was weakened to the point she turned back into Ben, who Giles eventually killed. That said, Glory was weakened by Willow's spell which returned the energy she drained from her various victims back to then and physical contact with the orb that was designed to repel her. It was Buffy who put the final beating on her, though.

#45 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@HBKTimHBK: The movie Avengers not Buffy. I've watched the whole series from start to finish, I grew up watchin that show lol. She didnt really hold her own she got beat badly everytime and did no damage to Glory even with help. Because Buffy never beat Glory she lost every time even in the end she wasnt the one to beat Glory even with prep and magic.

Are you sure you watched the show cuz the season finale she beat Glory half to death, and then Giles finished the job. And Buffy held her own against Glory, for example

2:17-End...I don't see the "beaten badly"

Or here.

#46 Posted by 80sBaby (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: She beat Glory using a weapon she doesn't have in this match and after Willow weakened her (Glory.) She also had a season's worth of prep and the Scoobies, which she doesn't here, either. The two scenarios aren't comparable. Tha being said, Buffy could win here if she gets her Scythe, which is standard gear for her.

#47 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

@HBKTimHBK: She beat Glory using a weapon she doesn't have in this match and after Willow weakened her (Glory.) She also had a season's worth of prep and the Scoobies, which she doesn't here, either. The two scenarios aren't comparable. Tha being said, Buffy could win here if she gets her Scythe, which is standard gear for her.

I asked and it was never stated, and besides that I already debated assuming there was prep, this isn't about Loki vs Buffy it's Glory vs Buffy.

#48 Posted by 80sBaby (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: You can stop now. If no prep is specified in the OP, then it's assumed there is none given. And, again, arguing Buffy vs. Glory is pointless because it has no bearing on this fight. IOW, you're off-topic.

#49 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

@HBKTimHBK: You can stop now. If no prep is specified in the OP, then it's assumed there is none given. And, again, arguing Buffy vs. Glory is pointless because it has no bearing on this fight. IOW, you're off-topic.

It stemmed off the debate naturally, relax. And I asked if there was any prep, someone said even if there was, she'd lose. So I debated for that. I didn't go off-topic and start arguing about who's hotter between Buffy and Glory or something ridiculous to the extent of that, I stayed on topic to the fact that we're trying to gauge Loki off of Glory, the reason Buffy can win is because of Glory. I believe in the ability for debates to flow naturally.

#50 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5472 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: And if you want it all connected, Buffy could beat Loki because she held her own against others (specifically Glory) who are physically superior to Loki.