Buffy vs Blade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SSJLozza

1. H2H

2. Weapons

3. Weapons and support from teams

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sovereign91001

Round 1: Blade

Round 2: Blade

Round 3: Buffy

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rpottage

Round 1: Blade.

Round 2: Blade.

Round 3: Buffy.

Blade is the better fighter overall; but his support sucks. Buffy has a huge support team whereas Blade's best support was an old mad who died.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SSJLozza

@rpottage said:

Blade is the better fighter overall; but his support sucks. Buffy has a huge support team whereas Blade's best support was an old mad who died.

I disagree, Buffy seems physically stronger than Blade with feats such as bending guns, and breaking steel doors something I haven't seen Blade do (admittedly I saw the films ages ago) I also think she seems to need weapons far less only using her stake for execution, whereas Blade likes to bust out his guns and swords straightaway which suggests to me he would lose. Can I have some feats for Blade in case I'm missing something.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeonGameWave

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sovereign91001

@SSJLozza: Gotta disagree, Blade kills vamps with stakes also, he's done it barehanded a few times iirc. I agree with rpottage, Buffy's got him outclassed support wise but probably not much else, Anyway here are a couple metal door showings and a H2H one.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SSJLozza

@Sovereign91001 said:

@SSJLozza: Gotta disagree, Blade kills vamps with stakes also, he's done it barehanded a few times iirc. I agree with rpottage, Buffy's got him outclassed support wise but probably not much else, Anyway here are a couple metal door showings and a H2H one.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ah I had no idea there was a comic Blade- hence why I disallowed comic Buffy, I can see him winning then if he's got a comic counterpart. Poor Buffy :(

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

Oops didn't show up in the last post

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@Sovereign91001 said:

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SSJLozza

@Sovereign91001 said:

Oops didn't show up in the last post

If he can take Doom Buffy is toast it would be spite so I'll allow comic Buffy which should be a pretty fair fight.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sovereign91001

@SSJLozza: I didn't follow Buffy into the comics after the show ended, what kind of showings does she have?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SSJLozza

@Sovereign91001 said:

@SSJLozza: I didn't follow Buffy into the comics after the show ended, what kind of showings does she have?

Hypersonic speed, Lifting a train, Flight, Flying through a mountain and destroying it whilst taking no harm, flying out of the atmosphere and re-entering without taking harm.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By laflux

@SSJLozza said:

@Sovereign91001 said:

Hypersonic speed, Lifting a train, Flight, Flying through a mountain and destroying it whilst taking no harm, flying out of the atmosphere and re-entering without taking harm.

She been brought back to regular power levels IIRC.

Still if we are talking about Comic Version I'd say both have a decent chance, though I'm siding with Buffy.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImmortalT1000

I wish my buddy Spike was here... He loved Buffy threads............

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SSJLozza

@ImmortalT1000 said:

I wish my buddy Spike was here... He loved Buffy threads............

Buffy is my second favourite tv series ever after Dragonball Z and the gap is pretty narrow.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImmortalT1000

@SSJLozza: are you spike?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SSJLozza

@ImmortalT1000: No, I presume that name comes from the character of the same name from Buffy though.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By laflux
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Buffy stomps. Flying thousands of miles in about 2 seconds, beating up large gods, mountain busting without trying, I don't remember Blade showing anything near that.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SSJLozza
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rpottage

@SSJLozza said:

@rpottage said:

I disagree, Buffy seems physically stronger than Blade with feats such as bending guns, and breaking steel doors something I haven't seen Blade do (admittedly I saw the films ages ago) I also think she seems to need weapons far less only using her stake for execution, whereas Blade likes to bust out his guns and swords straightaway which suggests to me he would lose. Can I have some feats for Blade in case I'm missing something.

Well there's the comic feats of course; but even sticking to the movies:

Strength wise it's debatable; Buffy's best feats pure strength wise are bending guns pretty much (I don't think she ever broke a steel door, she's broken normal one's but a steel door was used by Spike in his plan to trap Buffy; ultimately he got trapped instead but she never broke it.)

I don't remember blades best feat, but in the second movie he kicks through riot gear (smashing it in one hit), and riot gear is designed specifically to take a beating from mobs so it's pretty impressive.

But the thing is that just strength, and at best Buffy's maybe only a bit stronger (though I actually think Blade's stronger, I just can't recall all his feats off the top of my head). In terms of speed though Blade seems to take it as his moves seem to be faster and he regularily deals with gunfire (Buffy can't really deal with guns the same way). He's also get better aim (Buffy can dead-center aim, but Blade uses his weapons in arches to take out multiple opponents; even when they're just getting there).

Regeneration wise though, Blade stomps Buffy. You give him some blood and he can massively regenerate. In the first movie he did it after having his blood drained and being beaten and stabbed; in the second movie he was almost dead and after a few seconds in a blood pit he was at full strength.

So physically I think Blade takes it, but I'm not sure either necessarily have a huge advantage just using the movies/shows. However, Blade demonstrated much better technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF9LpOWIJmA

Barehanded he takes on dozens of armed Vampire guards in riot gear then stops a sword with his bare hands. Buffy never demonstrated that level of technique. She often had to take her time with just a few unarmed vampires and she needed weapons.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By SavageDragon

1. Buffy

2. Blade

3. Buffy

1. Buffy has pretty crazy strength and has greater feats of strength and greater opponents than Blade.

2. Blades weapons are awesome and numerous, with a focus on efficiency towards death.

3. Blade has little or no team while Buffy has a huge team.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@SSJLozza said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Buffy vs Blade - Comic Vine

Blade vs Buffy - Comic Vine

What's the difference?

They're not fighting an onslaught of vampires at the same time.

"Battle takes place in a graveyard, both have their trademark weapon. Who wins, the slayer or the day walker"., this is from the first one

1: Buffy vs Blade in competition: who kills more vamps?

2: Buffy vs Blade in combat: who wins when turned against one another? This is from the second one, your thread has the same BASIC idea as the other two in some way, making it pretty much a duplicate anyway.

But hey, nice try at originality .... lol

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SSJLozza

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Buffy vs Blade - Comic Vine

Blade vs Buffy - Comic Vine

What's the difference?

They're not fighting an onslaught of vampires at the same time.

"Battle takes place in a graveyard, both have their trademark weapon. Who wins, the slayer or the day walker"., this is from the first one

1: Buffy vs Blade in competition: who kills more vamps?

2: Buffy vs Blade in combat: who wins when turned against one another? This is from the second one, your thread has the same BASIC idea as the other two in some way, making it pretty much a duplicate anyway.

But hey, nice try at originality .... lol

Whatever man it's different anyway as it has more battles.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IcePrince_X

I have an art of these two fighting...

No Caption Provided

Anyway..as much i like Buffy...I see Blade winning all two rounds except the third one and its only because Willow will kick Blade's b*tt

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rpottage

@UltimateHero0406 said:

I'm pretty sure Buffy stomps. Flying thousands of miles in about 2 seconds, beating up large gods, mountain busting without trying, I don't remember Blade showing anything near that.

Didn't she lose all those powers after she destroyed the seed? I mean that was part of the purpose from the writing perspective; to make Buffy and underdog again.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@UltimateHero0406 said:

WOW wth...No...no, she is a vampire slayer, not some superheroine...they really couldn't have just kept her as she was in the TV series?...<<
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Oh, I didn't know. I don't follow the series, I just know the awesome feats.

@Wolfrazer: Well I imagine that made her job a lot easier lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Wolfrazer said:
@UltimateHero0406 said:

WOW wth...No...no, she is a vampire slayer, not some superheroine...they really couldn't have just kept her as she was in the TV series?...<<
Incorrect, she has lost all of these powers at the end of season 8, she is currently back to her normal stats 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@SavageDragon said:

1. Buffy

2. Blade

3. Buffy

1. Buffy has pretty crazy strength and has greater feats of strength and greater opponents than Blade.

2. Blades weapons are awesome and numerous, with a focus on efficiency towards death.

3. Blade has little or no team while Buffy has a huge team.

Anyway, I agree with this one.
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@The Stegman:  Still the fact, that they even made her like that...ugh.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

@UltimateHero0406 said:

Yet isnt that not her current power level. Thats like comparing WWH in every Hulk thread :/

Round 1 Blade.

Round 2 Blade

Round 3 Depends on what you mean by Support. Blade had a huge Support team in the 90s. Called the Midnight Sons.

This was Blade, Ghost Rider, Vengeance, Dr. Strange, Johnny Blaze, Hannible King, and Morbius.

This team alone stomps and have Willow doing their laundry naked in seconds.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Wolfrazer said:
@The Stegman:  Still the fact, that they even made her like that...ugh.
Yeah, Season 8 started off good, but then jumped the shark at the end. However, there was a very specific reason they made her into Super Buffy, the did the same with Angel, they were destined to create a new universe together, thus they were granted those powers.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pokergeist

@The Stegman said:

@Wolfrazer said:
@The Stegman: Still the fact, that they even made her like that...ugh.
Yeah, Season 8 started off good, but then jumped the shark at the end. However, there was a very specific reason they made her into Super Buffy, the did the same with Angel, they were destined to create a new universe together, thus they were granted those powers.

Butt.... Angel was put in charge of Wolfram and Hart and was wrecked at the end.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@CadenceV2 said:

@The Stegman said:

@Wolfrazer said:
@The Stegman: Still the fact, that they even made her like that...ugh.

Butt.... Angel was put in charge of Wolfram and Hart and was wrecked at the end.

I'm assuming you haven't read the comics, the Angel series continued where Season Five left off, The Senior Partners sent L.A to Hell, Angel was turned human, fought the good fight, was killed, the resurrected, time was reversed so the whole thing never happened, then an entity known as Twilight, which was a talking lion, gave him super powers (flight, invulnerability, super strength etc) and gave Buffy the same abilities later, so they could have magic space sex, which would open up a portal to destroy reality as we knew it and create a new reality, Twilight (yes, the talking lion). So Twilight basically did all of this, so he could create himself.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@The Stegman: So did they have amazing space Sex?!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@CadenceV2 said:

@The Stegman: So did they have amazing space Sex?!

YES! Several times.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pokergeist

@The Stegman: Yaaay happy endings for Angel. He deserved it.