Buffy vs Blade

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@floopay: I didn't mean it to be rude.

I'm actually having fun with it. But I actually enjoy the idea of convincing the person that I was correct in my line of thought.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By Pokergeist

@bossmonster:

Then respect is lost. It's funny that you call out to a member that reps me for my debate in Blades favor. But the primary reason I don't have respect for you now is what I have underlined in your quote vs the fact that I said the following.

I called out Floopay (who supports you or not) to explain as a third party why i think after images is not impressive or dodging lasers which is Aim Dodging. Nothing about Blade is superior. Your taking it personnel and I do not care how you take it is the issue.

I hate people that don't read or misquote others when it's written in text. That's just stupid.

You clearly said here....

That is a cop-out. There is nothing to suggest they he was aim dodging given he was flipping in the air.

I hate Hypocrites.

This makes no sense

Mean your proving by Buffy lack of getting hit by any attack as proof of her better skill in dodging and fighting. Blade tanking more attacks is clearly either slower in reaction speed or lazier in fighting skill.

That is pressure. It is not the same. Blade does it better.

Uhhuh... right.

Blade has over powered Dracula more than once in the comic. Is he the stronger of the two? I teenage that knows judo can over power and adult. That doesn't make the teen stronger. Spike and Buffy are martial artist. The both know there is more "over powering" than Muscle. the same can not be said about a metal door. So if you didn't get the logic, we can see where the fail came in, unless you're saying the only way to beat someone is to be physically more powerful than them.

Except Buffy is stated stronger than any Vampire thanks to her Slayer Demon powers..... explain that away.

You don't really know anything about Marvel Vamps and that is clear. You also don't know anything about Blade. Marvel Vamps can not be killed by anything out side of Silver, Sunlight, Decapitation. Blades Bullet are a specially made bullet for killing vamps. So, if in bullet they had, I don't know, something they shot wooden stakes, like bullets, I feel like that would kill them too. Oh wait! They have those.

Both Battles with Dracula. In the first fight, Dracula is feeling weak from lack of feeding and WBN is in savage mindset. Dracula ultimately retreats. The second battle was a well fed Dracula fighting a Jack Russel controlled WBN. WBN pushed a fed Dracula to the limits.

I read Werewolf by Night. He evenly match Dracula twice and yet WBN is only a 2 toner at most with little to no skill. His Healing factor is like wise not that good. In fact WBN has beaten 2 Vampires at the same time with little difficulty. No Silver, or Sunlight, or Decapitation!

So why should I be impress by the Marvel Vampires when Dracula is sub par and WBN is way less than Buffy in stats and way below Skill? the only impressive Dracula was when he drank Sif's blood to fight Thor or took on the X-men in a complete inconsistent showing of power.

I also happen to read tons of horror Comics from Marvel like Legion of Monsters, Werewolf By Night, Man thing, and Ghost Rider. I seen marvel Vampires. They are no more impressive than Buffy Vampires.

Superior to who's? Blade can tank Bullets. He dodges them if he feels like it but suffers no ill effect if he is hit. He heals so fast the he just keeps moving afterwords. Buffy has to dodge. As we saw in the TV show, a single will placed bullet will put her down. Blade dodges because he feels like it.

Why would he feel like like it if he can tank it? I know for a fact his Healing Factor is way less than Wolverines. Maybe that has something to do with it.

This is funny how?

What is funny? Marvel Vampires having more weakness than a prescription drug with side effects?

This is the easy part. Unlike in Buffy, Marvel heroes have a wide range of powers. And those people that I have mention above battle long and hard before taking the victory. As I said before there a people on that list that would more easily defeat Buffy. The fact of the matter is that humans in Marvel are stronger than Humans in the buffyverse. This is demonstarted by character the feats of their peak humans verse what you see done in Buffy. Thus, the Vamps, that are admittedly stronger are superior.

Again what do other Super Heroes have to do with this battle. They work hard to kill Marvel Vampires which are no better than Buffy Vampires. Buffy on the other hand kills 20-30 Vampires at a time in the comics with ease. Your Vampire making other Heroes work for it just show how awesome Buffy is that does this easy. It is what she specializes in, killing Vampires!

Also, I'll tell you being mainstream is an issue in this. Willow, Spike, Angel. All are supposed to be very powerful. Buffy is able to beat them as they have the luxury of being brought back to life with no real problems in story. Blade can not kill over "The greatest street leveler of all time" and it be all good for sale. So they have him battle evenly with the likes of Wolverine or Spiderman, given that the host of strongest characters are on the Hero side and he isn't going to kill them.

That is not my problem that Blade is downgraded by his comic company and Buffy is not. Seems more to me the comic company do want Blade beating the breaks off of better heroes than himself.

And No, the Ghost rider comment isn't OOC. The point is, with his power increased he had the skill set to do it. There were a number of people buffy could not defeat until she got something to even the playing field. I.E. That hammer. She got stomped in that fight. Hammer in hand, she had the skill set to put Down a God. That is my point in bring it up and as a Rider expert, you know he's no push over.

Ghost Rider has like Zero Skill. He is a brick in his attacks and relies on magically overpowering foes. there is NOTHING skillful fighting wise to Ghost rider. Blade with the Darkhold's power manhandled Rider as a result. At least Buffy damaged, and held off, Glory who was supremely superior to stats to her.

I can see there is no convincing you and vice versa. Buffy is better than Blade IMO. She wins in a good fight.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Bossmonster

@cadencev2:

Flipping =/= Aim dodging. That foolish. Also, in that scan scan, he dodge the laser after it was fired at point blank with head movement.

Hypocrites?

You said

That is my point, neither is superior. They are near even with Blade having one real define strength advantage.

Yet also say

Buffy inferior to Blade? No. She has a Unbreakable Weapon, Mad skill, and superior stats. She wins.

My post above already proves how superior she is to Blades stats.

So yeah. You keep right on with that. Nothing I said contradicts itself. If it does, point it out.

Mean your proving by Buffy lack of getting hit by any attack as proof of her better skill in dodging and fighting. Blade tanking more attacks is clearly either slower in reaction speed or lazier in fighting skill

Uh, ok. Despite the fact that I have shown Blade Dodge bullets from hand guns and fully automatics and lasers. She has better dodging skills?? Also, if he doesn't have to dodge, why should he. Once could consider that a wasted effort and it creates opening to attack over an attack that doesn't hurt you. So, yeah.....

Except Buffy is stated stronger than any Vampire thanks to her Slayer Demon powers..... explain that away.

Don't have to explain it away. If she isn't kicking down metal doors or something comparable, I have reason to believe she can not do it. As the person in her favor, that is your job to explain. Words are just words. Feats count more. But as i said, this is moot given it's already establish that Blade is the stronger of the two so I don't even care.

Both Battles with Dracula. In the first fight, Dracula is feeling weak from lack of feeding and WBN is in savage mindset. Dracula ultimately retreats. The second battle was a well fed Dracula fighting a Jack Russel controlled WBN. WBN pushed a fed Dracula to the limits.

I read Werewolf by Night. He evenly match Dracula twice and yet WBN is only a 2 toner at most with little to no skill. His Healing factor is like wise not that good. In fact WBN has beaten 2 Vampires at the same time with little difficulty. No Silver, or Sunlight, or Decapitation!

So why should I be impress by the Marvel Vampires when Dracula is sub par and WBN is way less than Buffy in stats and way below Skill? the only impressive Dracula was when he drank Sif's blood to fight Thor or took on the X-men in a complete inconsistent showing of power.

I also happen to read tons of horror Comics from Marvel like Legion of Monsters, Werewolf By Night, Man thing, and Ghost Rider. I seen marvel Vampires. They are no more impressive than Buffy Vampires.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall a number of Vamps being laid down by Angel's non empowered Crew. Didn't Gun lead a group of vamp hunters?? Can't the same be said for Buffy's group. And we know they aren't peak human. But once again you go from going on about how Marvel vamps can be killed more easily to saying that they no more impressive than Buffy vamps? Pick a side, more of your flip flopping.
Also, ton2 is still stronger than Buffy.

Here Dracula handles Colossus and Logan and we know that Colossus is way more than 2 tons but he is stopped with out much effort and throw. I don't see Buffy having the power to stop a punch from him.

Why would he feel like like it if he can tank it? I know for a fact his Healing Factor is way less than Wolverines. Maybe that has something to do with it.

The first part of this doesn't make sense. But Never the less, I have shown you him tanking bullet. I've posted the feats. Blade can get shot repeated and still instantly start dodging rapid fire or just walk through it to kick down down. I've shown this. There is no debating it.

Again what do other Super Heroes have to do with this battle. They work hard to kill Marvel Vampires which are no better than Buffy Vampires. Buffy on the other hand kills 20-30 Vampires at a time in the comics with ease. Your Vampire making other Heroes work for it just show how awesome Buffy is that does this easy. It is what she specializes in, killing Vampires!

And this is something Blade can't do?

That is not my problem that Blade is downgraded by his comic company and Buffy is not. Seems more to me the comic company do want Blade beating the breaks off of better heroes than himself.

Racism is everywhere.

I can see there is no convincing you and vice versa. Buffy is better than Blade IMO. She wins in a good fight.

No she doesn't, but like I said before you are entitled to your opinion.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2:

Flipping =/= Aim dodging. That foolish. Also, in that scan scan, he dodge the laser after it was fired at point blank with head movement.

So you do believe that Blade is Light Speed! Thats laughable.

Hypocrites?

You said

That is my point, neither is superior. They are near even with Blade having one real define strength advantage.

Yet also say

Buffy inferior to Blade? No. She has a Unbreakable Weapon, Mad skill, and superior stats. She wins.

My post above already proves how superior she is to Blades stats.

So yeah. You keep right on with that. Nothing I said contradicts itself. If it does, point it out.

And yet that was BEFORE you showed me anything to the contrary. I also still think her stats are superior as she can punch and kick 125 pound beings over 100+ feet. Or smash down entire Concrete Walls with a blow. How am I being a hypocrite when i said that before you showed me feats to state your position?

Yet Blade according to you is Light Speed.....

Mean your proving by Buffy lack of getting hit by any attack as proof of her better skill in dodging and fighting. Blade tanking more attacks is clearly either slower in reaction speed or lazier in fighting skill

Uh, ok. Despite the fact that I have shown Blade Dodge bullets from hand guns and fully automatics and lasers. She has better dodging skills?? Also, if he doesn't have to dodge, why should he. Once could consider that a wasted effort and it creates opening to attack over an attack that doesn't hurt you. So, yeah.....

Don't have to explain it away. If she isn't kicking down metal doors or something comparable, I have reason to believe she can not do it. As the person in her favor, that is your job to explain. Words are just words. Feats count more. But as i said, this is moot given it's already establish that Blade is the stronger of the two so I don't even care.

She bashes through poured Concrete Walls.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Metal Doors from a trailer trash Shed materiel < Pour Concrete and Brick work that is a foot thick. she breaks the Brick wall down with upper strength. That is alot harder than kicking something!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall a number of Vamps being laid down by Angel's non empowered Crew. Didn't Gun lead a group of vamp hunters?? Can't the same be said for Buffy's group. And we know they aren't peak human. But once again you go from going on about how Marvel vamps can be killed more easily to saying that they no more impressive than Buffy vamps? Pick a side, more of your flip flopping.

Let me correct you. Marvel Vampires were also killed by mere humans as well. Van helsing beat Dracula and he was not even peak human. Blade in early comics HAD NO SUPER POWERS! Also people like Guns crew outnumbered Vamps in 3-1 scenario and still lost 2-3 people in a fight. Gun himself has nearly been done in by Vamps in 1 on 1 battles. the Scooby Gang get their butts kicked by Buffy Vampires all the time.

Your corrected.

Also, ton2 is still stronger than Buffy.

More like 1+ ton at best. Which is where Buffy is at.

Here Dracula handles Colossus and Logan and we know that Colossus is way more than 2 tons but he is stopped with out much effort and throw. I don't see Buffy having the power to stop a punch from him.

Wow, did I not just mention this inconsistent one time feat of OP Dracula had? I already said beside his fight with Thor where he was empowered by Sif's blood, he had a very inconsistent fight against the X-men.

The first part of this doesn't make sense. But Never the less, I have shown you him tanking bullet. I've posted the feats. Blade can get shot repeated and still instantly start dodging rapid fire or just walk through it to kick down down. I've shown this. There is no debating it.

So what your saying is, "I have no feats of healing factor anywhere near Wolverine, he tanks attacks, gets hurt, and tries to chug on instead of dodging." That is what your saying then?

Racism is everywhere.

Unless your Spawn, Storm (She beat Wonder Woman in a fan vote you know), Black Panther, Luke Cage, Static Shock, Mr. Terrific, Ultimate Spider Man, look how many black heroes have legit feats against the best and win? Blade simply is not thought by Marvel good enough to lefitly win over Wolverine or Spider Man. Which he really is not. Other than the Wesley Snipes movies that rocked.

No she doesn't, but like I said before you are entitled to your opinion.

Agree to disagree.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Pokergeist

@bossmonster: Anyway for what it is worth, you convince me Buffy is not flat out superior, but definitely IMO more skilled and practically even with Blade in everything. Blade had a few miniseries worth of feats and showings. Buffy has over 200+ comics and 7 Seasons of TV Shows worth of feats. She has better establish skill IMO of quality and quantity.

That is all I will say to this thread.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: So you do believe that Blade is Light Speed! Thats laughable.

I"m not going to readdress this foolishness.

And yet that was BEFORE you showed me anything to the contrary. I also still think her stats are superior as she can punch and kick 125 pound beings over 100+ feet. Or smash down entire Concrete Walls with a blow. How am I being a hypocrite when i said that before you showed me feats to state your position?

Yet Blade according to you is Light Speed.....

One of these doesn't make sense. Either you think she has superior stats or you don't. If she has superior stats, she is the superior character. That's all there is to it. You saying, they are even and in the next post she is superior.

Metal Doors from a trailer trash Shed materiel < Pour Concrete and Brick work that is a foot thick. she breaks the Brick wall down with upper strength. That is alot harder than kicking something!

Where did that happen. I showed making metal shaft doors look like an accordion with his hands. Kicking down a huge vault like door. But yeah, knocking down old brick walls that seem clearly under ground and effected by the water coming from the metal pipes in the room is a better feat. Ok.

Let me correct you. Marvel Vampires were also killed by mere humans as well. Van helsing beat Dracula and he was not even peak human. Blade in early comics HAD NO SUPER POWERS! Also people like Guns crew outnumbered Vamps in 3-1 scenario and still lost 2-3 people in a fight. Gun himself has nearly been done in by Vamps in 1 on 1 battles. the Scooby Gang get their butts kicked by Buffy Vampires all the time.

Where was the correction? For everything you posted about Buffy Vamps being Blur speeds normally and super vicious, they are beaten by mare humans. Gunn has no super powers and didn't lose in a 1v1, which is crazy given what you've said about vamps. Didn't no powers angel beat Gunn as a vamp? Van Helsing over Gunn as far as a vampire slayer every day of the week. But as I said, you went from saying Buffy Vamps were also superior, to them not being any more impressive.

More like 1+ ton at best. Which is where Buffy is at.

This is another primary reason I say you are a hypocrite. You post that, but just before to down play Dracula you said

WBN is only a 2 toner at most with little to no skill.

It's just crazy how often you are doing that.

Wow, did I not just mention this inconsistent one time feat of OP Dracula had? I already said beside his fight with Thor where he was empowered by Sif's blood, he had a very inconsistent fight against the X-men.

How do I not know you are talking about Curse of the Mutants? Dracula's powers may bounce back and forward but he's been a consistent threat in the marvel universe.

So what your saying is, "I have no feats of healing factor anywhere near Wolverine, he tanks attacks, gets hurt, and tries to chug on instead of dodging." That is what your saying then?

No. that's just your weird way of looking at it. I've already shown Blade tanking Bullets, Aircraft crashes and other explosions. If those are feat enough of his durability and healing factor, then oh well.

Unless your Spawn, Storm (She beat Wonder Woman in a fan vote you know), Black Panther, Luke Cage, Static Shock, Mr. Terrific, Ultimate Spider Man, look how many black heroes have legit feats against the best and win? Blade simply is not thought by Marvel good enough to lefitly win over Wolverine or Spider Man. Which he really is not. Other than the Wesley Snipes movies that rocked.

Spawn is not marvel. WW would crush storm and a fan vote also has nothing to do with marvel. BP and Luke Cage or hardcore under play. Heroes for hire could be much better. Static Shock, much like Spawn are not marvel. Like buffy they have their own serious and static was horrid and an outrageous stereotype. Blade beat wolverine in every area minus he couldn't get past his healing factor. Head shots, chest stabs and venom ejection. Blade put down vamp Spiderman with ease.

Anyway for what it is worth, you convince me Buffy is not flat out superior, but definitely IMO more skilled and practically even with Blade in everything. Blade had a few miniseries worth of feats and showings. Buffy has over 200+ comics and 7 Seasons of TV Shows worth of feats. She has better establish skill IMO of quality and quantity.

That is all I will say to this thread.

It's worth something. But like every debate I've been in, that is ultimately what the primary difference it. For the few showings Blade has, he is amazing, yet too often underestimated. But I will say again, you are entitled to your opinion. If I could only change it a little. so be it.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Blade stomps and then pee's on her.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what?

@bruxae said:

Blade pee's on her.

This ^

MFjudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade curb stump

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what?

@bruxae said:

Blade pee's on her.

This ^

Im sure he would and she maybe into that.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Silverrings

@cadencev2 said:

It's actually his secret weapon. And with Buffy's self-destructive tendency to get involved with men that she sub/consciously knows are bad for her, i wouldn't put getting peed on past her possible turn-ons.

@mfjudge It's virtually guaranteed that whoever wins wont be stomping it. Buffy is more than capable of giving Blade a hard time, at least.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Pokergeist

@silverrings said:

@cadencev2 said:

It's actually his secret weapon. And with Buffy's self-destructive tendency to get involved with men that she sub/consciously knows are bad for her, i wouldn't put getting peed on past her possible turn-ons.

@mfjudge It's virtually guaranteed that whoever wins wont be stomping it. Buffy is more than capable of giving Blade a hard time, at least.

I still laugh at the whole Spike and her beating eachother till a building fell on them during sex. She's a dirty girl.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

I still laugh at the whole Spike and her beating eachother till a building fell on them during sex. She's a dirty girl.

Brilliant moment, especially when they go straight through the floor, like it's cardboard.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

Brilliant moment, especially when they go straight through the floor, like it's cardboard.

lol it was so funny!

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Blade stomps and then pee's on her.

LMMFAO!
Wow

MetalmanT800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade easily.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump....this needs to be continued

I have 5 dollars on Blade though! Lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Should have made a new thread. With the comics, Buffy is sorta inconsistent.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#269  Edited By SUNMAN

Blaade edges this out.

Buffy is only in this discussion because of a few comic showings

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Bones309

I seem to remember Josh Whedon himself saying Buffy would lose years ago in an issue of Wizard…maybe I'm wrong..it was years ago.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#271  Edited By mickey-mouse

@bones309: Course she would, and should, Blade beat up Spiderman. Spiderman and Blade are next level. Angel and Buffy could give either one a decent fight, then lose. They have no counter for his Adamantium sword, his speed, or strength.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: Doesn't her comic showings minus SuperBuffy create a few inconsistencies?

Kesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both slayers are evenly matched in strength and durability, but blade is faster and has a meaner weapon. He also has that nifty little flak jacket, but who knows whether or not its stab proof?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kesler12: Buffy has taken building level exolosions and blasts that have knocked Captain Britain to the borders of his country?

Ryujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Ryujin

@buckshot:

Since when does blade have an adamantium sword??

Blade's sword is a specially designed titanium blade with acid etching. It consists of a straight, double-edged blade similar to that of a longsword, terminating in a metal hilt designed around the aesthetics of South East Asian swords. Hidden within the hilt is a security device consisting of a quartet of small retracted blades, spaced equidistantly around the grip, that spring out to severely maim any hand gripping it if the device is not disabled.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#276  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@ryujin said:

@buckshot:

Since when does blade have an adamantium sword??

Blade's sword is a specially designed titanium blade with acid etching. It consists of a straight, double-edged blade similar to that of a longsword, terminating in a metal hilt designed around the aesthetics of South East Asian swords. Hidden within the hilt is a security device consisting of a quartet of small retracted blades, spaced equidistantly around the grip, that spring out to severely maim any hand gripping it if the device is not disabled.

Since Captain Britain and MI-13, so roughly 5 years ago when I made that comment.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@buckshot: Blade is the man yo :) what issue is this from?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#278 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@lukehero: dont remember but you could look at the issue pages for the series and work it out im sure

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryujin: That is only the movie version.

And this thread is older than the frostbitten steak in my freezer.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ryujin: That is only the movie version.

And this thread is older than the frostbitten steak in my freezer.

You should probably throw that steak out.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By BlackWind

@tparks: Just did when I went to take out the new bacon.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade has this but in a very good fight. He has no weaknesses beside cutting his head off and the thirst. If he doesn't drink he gets disorientated.

Wormspike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this would be a fun fight to watch. Buffy would win because her scythe is far superior to Blade's adamantium sword, lol. Also, her scythe makes her more powerful than would be fair in a fight against Blade. The fight would be much better if both were unarmed, but Buffy would come out on top IMO.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matthijs_Noyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buffy's got this because she has the cool magical slayer weapon thingy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure. Alot of people are saying Blade

@sirfizzwhizz Any opinion?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@morleericks: I gave my oponion on this years ago. Buffy wins from superior skill, and equal stats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't know enough about Blade but if this is Live Action, I'd have t take him. Comics - Buffy

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't read any Blade or Buffy comics myself, though I have seen all of the Buffy TV series and the Blade movies. I have seen scans showing comic Blade as a bullet timer. Does Buffy become a bullet timer in the comics? If not, he should have a pretty big speed advantage over her.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 sirfizzwhizz  Online

Blade faster than Buffy. To funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Are you referring to my post? If so, I was asking if Buff becomes a bullet timer in the comics and said that if she doesn't Blade has a speed advantage. I didn't say that Blade definitely has the edge in speed. So, does she become a bullet timer?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

@morleericks: @lubub55: I have as whole Buffy respect thread here.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-respect-thread-1748616/

This covers Buffy, Spike, Angel, Faith, Illyria, and Willow. Now with that said, here is speed feats from said respect thread.

Buffy Speed

Buffy also possess speed surpassing even the best of Vampires.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Buffy chases after a speeding bus from roof tops, after being stab in the stomach no less.

No Caption Provided

Here Buffy steps on a Bear trap in the dark, but then pulls her foot out before it snaps shuts in a slow motion shot. These traps close at speeds faster than you can see, and well over 300 FPS.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Various feats of bullet timing from point blank shots, multiple shots by a high train Watcher, gunfire of a army, rapid fire from Darla, and heavy gunfire from two sides at one time by Watchers.

No Caption Provided

Pushes Faith out of the way of lightning after it was released at them.

Various showings of afterimages of Buffy moving faster than her surroundings which seem to be standing still even though they are in mid motion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vampires are shown time and again to be too fast to be perceived by human eyesight, shown as blurs. They are also stated to have skill where none existed in life, part of the Vampire package. These two things make them pretty hard to fight in terms of speed when comparing the Vamps speed and reaction abilities.

Buffy is shown several times blitzing large groups of these fast and skilled Vampires before they can react.

This does not just include fodder Vamps either, but super speed by feats Vamps like Spike and Angel. Vampires are known for their blur speeds, yet Angel has shown time and again to be even faster than the average Vampire.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Angel blitzes a fleeing Vampire easy. Angel faces a unique demon with speed that even he has trouble countering, at least untill he vamps out and takes on 2 of these demons at the same time fine then. Angel is playing game of chase with this victim, and feigns to be knocked down. She runs up the only stairs there is, yet when she reaches the top, Angel is there waiting for her. Angel covers over 50 feet in the background in the span of a split second. He blitzed humans faster than they can perceive him from across a room. Angel and Spike move so fast that they navigate 30+ feet through tons of people faster than the eye can follow to blitz this demon who had eyes on them the whole time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here he side steps a bullet fired tranq after it is fired in close, then he side steps the spread of shotgun blasts in the same moment. He dodges 3 of those blasts in all at close range after they are fired at him. Catches a crossbow to the back from Faith, well after it is fired. Then there is this nice feat of dodging multiple bullets and crossbow that were fired at him well before he took measures to easily dodge them.

Spike is also very fast for a Vampire.

Without paying attention, Spike catches a arrow inches from his face. Another example of Spike reacting to a thrown blade by Angel, which is a foot away Spike, yet Spike grabs his foe, and swings her in the path before the blade can finish traveling the foot distance. When Illyria slows time to a near stand still, Spike's perception still picked her up as a blur.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Spike Blurs past a woman running for her life. Spike and Angel navigate a room full of people, while closing over 20 feet, faster than the eye can follow.

As shown both Spike and Angel are insane fast, and Buffy matches and beats them regular even though both try their damnest with her. We also have super speed statements and feats from the powerful demon goddess Glory.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Hell God known as Glory is time and again shown as a blur with woosh, or windy sounds for her fast movements.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here as a combat sped feat is Glory killing a stated 100 men, which was a shown army of knights, in the time it took Buffy to run inside the building, yell at Willow to drop the shield, and run back out. In show time 12 seconds. Glory killed hundreds with a prisoner in tow in 12 seconds, and was gone from the battlefield.

No Caption Provided

We know that Glory uses this speed in her fights with Buffy, even though it does not look like it, thanks to Buffy Bot. Buffy Bot tried fighting Glory and was soundly defeated, here though states unusual Glory is not moving with her usual blur speed to the robots own super senses. Fact is Glory is well documented super fast in combat speed even though the show budget, and action does not show it for the obvious reasons.

So in the end, whether live action or not, she is faster than Movie Blade ever was, even if the limited show budget does not portray it like Matrix, and her canon comics with show feats more than match Comic Blade speed feats.

Add in the comparable healing factor, durability, and strength combine with Buffy WAY SUPERIOR SKILL, Blade gets own.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By gingerpenny

Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: On Season 6. like the later episodes more actually. I've seen Glory move fast during Live Action but not this fast

No Caption Provided

I also have yet to see Buffy herself move at this speed (Live Action) I know in the comics she can easily but in the show, not yet.

Frost didn't even start moving until the bullets were an inch from his face.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd put my money on Blade, but I'm an unsuccessful gambler

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@morleericks: two problems IMO.

1) We never seen any Vampire move at those speeds, getting shot to hell all the time. Also that is Frosts feat, and not Blade. Making it inconsistent.

2) I think the posted speed feats above above for Spike and Angel moving faster than human eyesight, seemingly teleport from point A to B like the club scene is far more impressive, consistent, and a better high end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

I understand why you'd say that but Blade also went head to head with Frost even after his enhancement and transformation into the Blood God (La Magra) He was not only able to keep up, but win. He was also moving faster than not only the human eye could see, but the superhuman eye could see (Blade)

No Caption Provided

Blade ended up killing Frost in this fight.

Fair Enough. These are just opinions. Maybe later on in Buffy Season 6 or 7 my opinion will change

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By sirfizzwhizz  Online

@morleericks: problem with that feat is Blade was blitz and barely landed a blow on a joking around, and amped Frost. Frost not only was not serious at all, he was amped and handily handed Blade his ass. Losing only to not knowing or perceiving the failed serum threat. So there is no point in bringing it up as a showing for Blade IMO.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow---this. is. tough.

Superlative skills vs superlative skills. super strength vs. super strength. Enhanced speed vs enhanced speed. Unbreakable will vs. unbreakable will.

HMMMMMMM.

This is as close to a draw as one can get. But---

since I hate "draws" (I believe they're a bit of a cop out) I'm going to give a slight edge to Buffy. While a lot of the two combatants stats/abilities are virtually identical, The Slayer does have two advantages: her combat prowess include allowing her to know and enact skills acquired by all the Slayers before her (this dates back several generations to the First Slayer and encompasses women of virtually all ethnic and racial backgrounds all over the world, ensuring that just about every combat skill known to man is at Buffy's disposal); and in comparing weapons, The Slayer Scythe is as indestructible as Blade's Adamantium Sword, plus it is mystical in nature making it slightly superior.

Therefore, I believe-more likely than not-Buffy wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@theonewhoknows: I agree. The stats are too comparable. Buffy wins from the skill edge.