#201 Edited by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@kall: Only fan boys make their first post about what Fanboys would say

Blade has defeated Gods. Blade has defeated people more powerful than Buffy. In a season of Buffy she was dropped by someone with a bullet and it almost killed her. A normal bullet. That is just in season 6. Blade has weapons that will kill 20 Buffy's with a squeeze of the trigger.

She cannot defeat Blade without her crazy superpowers.

#202 Posted by laflux (14223 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering that its standard Comic versions Blade due to better feats.

#203 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kall said:

wierd site, cant creates new rows, have to write everything in one row lol............Buffy wins,.easy,.only.fan boys of blade would.think otherwise, buffy have defeated GODS..... buffy have defeated vampires much much more powerfull than blade.......Buffy weapon could.destroy 10 Blade in 1.swipe, it is a.weapon MADE TO ANNIHILATE VAMPIRES.......Buffy wins with a yawn

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about! Welcome to the site mate.

#204 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kall: Only fan boys make their first post about what Fanboys would say

Blade has defeated Gods. Blade has defeated people more powerful than Buffy. In a season of Buffy she was dropped by someone with a bullet and it almost killed her. A normal bullet. That is just in season 6. Blade has weapons that will kill 20 Buffy's with a squeeze of the trigger.

She cannot defeat Blade without her crazy superpowers.

Buffy so obviously stomps. Buffy would either cut him open with the scythe, beat him unconscious with her superior skill and strength, or just kill him with a crossbow from a distance. Buffy curbstomps Blade- he's a joke to her!

#205 Posted by mickelus1 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade = vampire...Buffy = vampire slayer. As I understand this fight is without guns so blade loses a weapon he often relies on, that said he is a formidable opponent, but Buffy has beaten a god, master vampires, Dracula, pure demons, robots, and the essence of evil. Their resumes are similar, but I say it depends on which universe they fight in. If they're in the Marvelverse where vampires are actually just a parasite, then blade has the advantage, but if it's the Buffyverse where vamps are demons, then Blade cant't be half and half and either way Buffy destroys him.

#206 Edited by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade stomps, what's the problem?

#207 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: the fact he gets stomped. That's the problem.

#208 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

the fact he gets stomped. That's the problem.

But Buffy's not a several-ton-lifting, bullet-timing, immensely skilled martial artist, and Blade is... What am i missing?

#209 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: wow. I am at school right now, but when I get home I will happily prove how wrong you are on every point and show you just what Comic Buffy is capable of.

#210 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

wow. I am at school right now, but when I get home I will happily prove how wrong you are on every point and show you just what Comic Buffy is capable of.

I've only read a few of the comics. Loved the tv series, but the comics were disappointing. Excluding any power ups, though, there's no reason Buffy would be stronger or faster in the comics, other than PIS.

#211 Posted by BlackWind (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickelus1: First of all, Blade is half vampire. Second, Buffy would have no way of knowing his weaknesses, not that he had any. Third, if it was as simple as you are trying to make it, Slayers wouldn't get killed by vampires all the time.

#212 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings said:

@cadencev2 said:

wow. I am at school right now, but when I get home I will happily prove how wrong you are on every point and show you just what Comic Buffy is capable of.

I've only read a few of the comics. Loved the tv series, but the comics were disappointing. Excluding any power ups, though, there's no reason Buffy would be stronger or faster in the comics, other than PIS.

Thats the problem. Since the cancellation of the Series, Buffy Season 8 and Season 9 is Comics. Her Season 10 will be comics. There is nothing PIS about it. TV series had a lesser budget. Just like Darth Vader is a B!tch in the movies, he is a ultimate bad@$$ in the novels and comics. Same with Buffy.

Also I beg anyone to show me superior feats to Buffy in Strength. She has kicked people 100+ feet away. Blade strength feats include what again? What about Blade Speed? What about it? Buffy dodges bullets all the time and is faster than Blur to the human eye Vampires by a margin. Show me Blade being a blur to anyone in the comics.

Buffy

Buffy Summers was a young girl in High School who had destiny come looking for her. She is Slayer who's powers activated after the previous Slayers death. The Watchers, a ancient group that train and supports Slayers in the fight of all things evil, find her and start her training. Thing about Slayer is they have Innate fighting skill already. They also share the past lives of previous Slayers allowing them a level of natural skill that makes a untrain 16 year old into a master fighter in a few short years.

1-2) Show the past lives she relieves when sleeping.

3-6) The Watcher finds her and brings her out to a cemetery knowing 2 Vampires will rise that night. The Watcher is overpowered by the 2 Vamps and it was up to the untrain Buffy to kill the Vampires, even though she was never taught a wooden stake through the heart, or any fighting skill to execute it. She does both with her innate skill of past lives. Then the Watcher test her one more time with a surprise attack which she caught with ease.

Vampires are not pushovers either. They have a Innate skill themselves making a nerd computer geek in life into a basic Martial Art trained killer in the afterlife. They also have super human stats far superior to humans.

1-2) They have Super Human senses.

3) In this scan a Spike's leg turns to ash due to a curse from times past intruding on the present. However as we know from his statement and previous showings, a Vampire can reattach any lib in seconds.

4) Vampires can fall from Sky Scrapers and remain conscious upon landing on the concrete below.

5) Vampires been shot with guns many times and ignore the wounds like annoyances.

6) This basic Vampire moves as a blur and speed blitzes 3 cops with guns out before they can shoot.

7) Vampires also all have around 1500-2000 lbs. (1 ton) strength. Ripping through Steel Doors, and bashing Wooden Doors into splinters with ease.

These are the beings that Buffy must contend with on a daily basis. They can only be killed with Decapitation, Fire, Sunlight, or a Wooden Stake in the Heart. That is it. Once Buffy began some very basic training for a few weeks, a entire Vampire Horde attacks the High School.

Buffy not only with very basic training confronts the horde of these Vampires, she does a great job making short work of them and killing the well known Vampire lord who had Hypnosis powers. Which failed on Buffy as she was unlike other Slayer

Strength

Buffy Strength is way beyond Peak human. She is a Slayer, a being with all the strength of the baddest Vampires.

1) Buffy smashes through a huge chunk of brick wall.

2) Buffy slams this demons head so hard into the mooring post, it splinters to pieces! That is thick as a telephone pole.

3) Buffy jumps up fire escapes with a person in one hand.

4) Faith showing her Slayer strength by smashing through concrete while being heavily injured.

5) Buffy smashes Demon through a brick wall.

6) Buffy kicks another Slayer 100 feet away.

7) Buffy smashes a stone statue with a kick.

8) Buffy kicks this Vampire 20 feet in the air.

9) Buffy puts her fist through the giant beetle's exo skeleton head.

10) Buffy kicks this door so hard, the wood sticks in the demon's back.

11) Buffy punches through another door again.

12) Buffy with one hand, throws a human of average weight easily 15 feet to the roof above.

All this showcase that inhuman strength in the ton realm.

Speed

Buffy Speed is very fast in attack speed and reaction time. She competes against foes with meta human speed all the time.

1) Here she is speed blitzing a Demon with her best moves.

2) Dodges gun fore from Alexia, the most highly train Agent of the Watchers, in this she also had Slayer like stats due to Magic Enhancements.

3) Twists around the gunfire of this Demon.

4) Here Buffy dodges a entire American Military gun fire. I was in the military, we are hardly jobbers.

5) Here she dodges multiple attacks from all sides with ease. These attack tendrils are whipping about at here and attack at once.

6) Blitzes those blur speed Vampires in large number with a accurate stake to each heart before they can counter attack.

She is incredibly fast and beyond Peak human Reaction times.

Durability

Her durability to damage is also high. You will notice not too many feats here, there is a reason for this, she does not take damage. She uses speed and skill to avoid damage at all costs. However when she does get hit with crazy force, she keeps chugging.

1) Buffy gets slammed with a Coffin. No effect. Even get a Meat Clever in her wirst, merely annoys her as it fails to cut through the bone.

2) Buffy gets slammed with enough force to smash this tree all the way through, she is winded, but not even KOed.

3) Buffy fights a being with genuine Action Comics Superman powers. He throws her with such force and she smashes through all that stone. She is hurting but not out of the fight or KOed.

4) Another Slayer with the Slayer powers is hit by a Semi Truck. No major Damage, just a headache afterwards.

5) Buffy tanks this insane magical explosion with some burns.

she does have a minor Healing Factor that allows even the deepest wounds to seal up within moments, and heal completely in days. Its hard to "Bleed Her Out" as a result.

Blind Fighting

Buffy has also had extensive training in blind fighting due to not possessing superior senses like most Vampires.

Buffy has train through out the TV show to fight both blind and in very low light areas.

Super Human Accuracy

Buffy has inhuman accuracy with hand thrown projectiles and stakes. she been taught to use Range any way she can before closing on a enemy.

1) Pins Vampire to the wall.

2-5) Various Stakes thrown at distance.

6) Nail Files as a weapon.

7) Spits a pin out of her mouth, nailing a buzzing fly with it.

8) Uses ceiling fan as a weapon.

With a healthy supply of stakes being thrown with super human stats, she easily matches the speeds of compound bows.

Buffy stats and naturaly honed skill allow her to take on the best of the best with just a Wooden Stake. However, Buffy does pack more than a dinky stake in her battle against Evil. Like the famous weapon that is equal to Excalibur, the Slayer Scythe.

The Slayer Scythe is the weapon of choice for Buffy. May not look like much, but is proven indestructible to harm. Even the wooden tip which should shatter on Concrete Wall ends up breaking said wall without lost of sharpness. The only time it was unmade was when it struck and destroyed the source of all Magic in the universe. Even then its magic was so powerful, that it was reforged. Buffy uses this weapon with the skill of Slayers before her.

Buffy inferior to Blade? No. She has a Unbreakable Weapon, Mad skill, and superior stats. She wins.

#213 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickelus1: First of all, Blade is half vampire. Second, Buffy would have no way of knowing his weaknesses, not that he had any. Third, if it was as simple as you are trying to make it, Slayers wouldn't get killed by vampires all the time.

My post above already proves how superior she is to Blades stats.

Also a heart stab is a heart stab. Heart stabs KO Wolverine of all people, Blade Healing Factor is way less. Also Decapitation is a common Vampire killing move for Buffy, Blade healing from that?

Common Sense people.

#214 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5315 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive stuff, and coupled with what i already knew of the comics it definitely makes this fight more even in my eyes. I'm kinda stumped now, to be honest. But this -

TV series had a lesser budget. Just like Darth Vader is a B!tch in the movies, he is a ultimate bad@$$ in the novels and comics. Same with Buffy.

- is bullshit. I'm not calling you out or anything, just saying that i hate it, and it makes no sense, when characters from one medium are, or seem, more powerful in another medium just because they can be.

#216 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings: I understand, it does get annoying that they are this good in comics, but in the show.

#217 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy Ultra-Mega-Godstomps!

#218 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Oh my. A new challenger. I will be glad to take it from here. I need to read what you posted though and I will certainly rebuttal.
But just for some quick info, didn't buffy lose her God mode powers? As I recall, that was the only legit way she would likely beat Blade?
If she still has those, then I would say she likely wins 6/10.
If she does not, then I say Blade 8/10.

#219 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: Buffy has loads of powers. Slayer strength, Slayer speed, etc etc. If Blade tried to hit her she'd just slice him in two with the scythe. Buffy 10/10.

#220 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio
#221 Posted by BlackWind (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I wasn't talking to you. And I don't care. I was just pointing out the ridiculous holes in mickelus1's argument.

#222 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: Lol what? I'm a member of this site obviously. Just here to tell you that Buffy stomps no comparison. Fanboy.

#223 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio
#224 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: Well no arguments against? Clearly you know Blade is outmatched, maybe you're not that much of a fanboy after all.

#225 Edited by BlackWind (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza: Implying Blade doesn't have those same powers? Comic Blade is highly superior to movie Blade.

#226 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Yeah but Buffy is faster, stronger and more skilled, she still stomps.

#227 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Only a fanboy would deny that Buffy stomps hard.

#228 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I wasn't talking to you. And I don't care. I was just pointing out the ridiculous holes in mickelus1's argument.

And I was pointing out the obvious flaws in yours so meh >_>

@cadencev2:

Oh my. A new challenger. I will be glad to take it from here. I need to read what you posted though and I will certainly rebuttal.

But just for some quick info, didn't buffy lose her God mode powers? As I recall, that was the only legit way she would likely beat Blade?

If she still has those, then I would say she likely wins 6/10.

If she does not, then I say Blade 8/10.

Everything I posted is NON god power Buffy. That is all Slayer stats.

I will love to see what Blade can do as most scans I seen of him in debates have been sub par at best.

#229 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Hopefully you don't go off line soon. I'm creating my reply now.

#230 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Hopefully you don't go off line soon. I'm creating my reply now.

I will be on for a few more hours.

#231 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

So, looked Buffy up and it seems she has long sense lost her crazy twilight powers. (Lord, I honestly always thought that stuff was hella dumb.) So after reading you feats and scan, I don't see why you feel like She is leagues above Blade.

I will admit, however, that I did learn that she isn't much below him. So, I will post feats that show she is just shy of being powerful enough to handle The Daywalker. He is the better Vampire Hunter.

Senses

One of the things I would like to point out is that it's clear that there is a lot of Magic in Buffy. That being said, beyond the obvious superhuman senses that any vampire would have, Blade has the ability to sense magic, making it unlikely that he would ever lose track of Buffy. He can also sense illusions. (If you would like me to post scan for his normal enhanced senses, I will, just figured we'd skip that given that it's obvious.)

Things like this are the deciding factor. His sense are sharper than hers.

Speed.

/

Combat Speed

Blade his been dodging and blocking bullets sense before her was the Daywalker. He can also dodge lasers, which we know move faster than Bullets. He's also got the skills to keep up with known speedster and Spiderman. Striking people so fast they don't they even been cut. He's also fast enough to leave after images.

Again, a difference in their over all speed. Buffy can dodge bullets. Blade has the speed and reaction time to also Block them with a loose change. He can also dodge lasers. Blade has reacted to speedsters before in battle. Buffy is very fast. Admittedly. Blade is faster.

Durablity/Healing

So I saw were Buffy was taking some pretty powerful slams and such. Hardcore. Healed from magical attacks which is also pretty dope. Blade has survived being inside giant plane crashes. He was tanking being put through stone walls

BEFORE

he was the Daywalker. He has blown up building he was inside of just to prove a point to the other guy. Be blindsided and shot, only to dodge the gun fire afterwords. Be got BFR by a demon's blast and wasn't hurt.

My point in all this is, yes Buffy is tough. But Plane crash over truck. Stone wall over wooden coffin. Blade is more tough than Buffy and a few of those scans he did not have his powers. He is stronger as the Daywalker.

Superhuman accuracy

So, the nailing the fly thing was pretty dope. I will admit that. I will see that and raise you knocking the teeth out of a vamp that's about to bite. The other stuff isn't anything Blade hasn't done before and done in live combat. Those scans so Buffy attacking at range, which is respect able. But Blade is better at range and can also do those things under pressure.

So again, it's really just the difference in over all ability and skills. Not that Buffy isn't skilled. But Blades Marksmenship extends to being in the fight, not simple just at range.

These things are to show you that Buffy is not more skilled than Blade. She is not stronger, she is not faster. But I saved the best for last. Buffy is certainly not Stronger.

Strength

So, lifting people with on hand. Smashing stones, throwing people far away. Got it. So I will see all that and raise with Kicking down metal doors. Throwing people into the air with one hand, not just holding them. Easily lifting in the area of 5-7 tons. Not just one.

So in this we see blade pulling off metal doors with his hands. I showed him kicking one down while being shot before. He throws a vamp in to the air with the same arm that she injured and stakes her on the way down. That also a speed feat. The reaper is at least the size of an elephant. I've debated before and everyone agrees on that. Blade lifts it over his head. That puts him way past 1 ton.

Last thing to mention is the weapons. And I think the OP was a bit to vague about this. And this is just my thoughts on it, not that it's law. But in many of the scans you showed Buffy doesn't even have the scythe. She didn't always have it. However, Blade normally uses guns and almost always has them as well as is swords. Also, Blade has a number of different sword. From adamantium which is what he uses most, to a magical one for fighting demons that he made himself. My point is, I really could say what he's using as his "trademark weapon." as he using gun and edge weapons just the same.

Be that as it may, if it was melee only, I don't see her scythe breaking adamantium.

@cadencev2 Buffy inferior to Blade? No. She has a Unbreakable Weapon, Mad skill, and superior stats. She wins.

Buffy inferior to Blade? Actually yes. They both have unbreakable weapons, both are mad skills. But as you can see, out side of her God mode, her stats are matched and exceeded by Blades.

He can dodge lasers. He can leave after images. He is faster.
He can Block bullets with chains and take the teeth out of a vamp. he is more accurate.

He can tank explosions and Aircraft crashes. He is more durable.

He can lift over at least 4 tons. He is stronger.

Blade would defeat her.

#232 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 @bossmonster Honestly, considering Buffy's ridiculous comic book feats, i think this is pretty even. Blade definitely has a lot of edges, though, so i'm still leaning towards him pretty heavily, but Buffy is too impressive on-page for it to be a completely guaranteed win for the Daywalker.

Also, out of curiosity, what were the "God powers" Buffy had and how did she get them?

#233 Edited by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 @bossmonster Honestly, considering Buffy's ridiculous comic book feats, i think this is pretty even. Blade definitely has a lot of edges, though, so i'm still leaning towards him pretty heavily, but Buffy is too impressive on-page for it to be a completely guaranteed win for the Daywalker.

Also, out of curiosity, what were the "God powers" Buffy had and how did she get them?

I'm not going to say she wouldn't put of a fight. it's not 10/10. I say it's 8/10 simply because Blade does everything Buffy can do better. No more no less. She is sick with it. Blade is sicker.

Also, God Bluffy had crazy twilight powers and could fly and telelport and was like golden age superman strong. It was pretty stupid. But honestly I think it's a vampire slayer thing. If Buffy's former powers are brought up, then I will just use Blades former powers and I still believe he would take it. As Switch Blade, he was extremely powerful.

#234 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster:

Combat Speed

Blade his been dodging and blocking bullets sense before her was the Daywalker. He can also dodge lasers, which we know move faster than Bullets. He's also got the skills to keep up with known speedster and Spiderman. Striking people so fast they don't they even been cut. He's also fast enough to leave after images.

Again, a difference in their over all speed. Buffy can dodge bullets. Blade has the speed and reaction time to also Block them with a loose change. He can also dodge lasers. Blade has reacted to speedsters before in battle. Buffy is very fast. Admittedly. Blade is faster.

I do not see anything that makes him faster. After images is cool sounding, but no more fast than leaving a blur. After Images can be perform at less than Mach 1 Speeds on average like waving a pencil. It is a eye trick rather than raw speed.

Dodging Lasers is no big deal either as Captain America Dodge lasers, Batman has as well, in fact Punisher has. Are they all light speed? No, they are merely Aim dodging.

I already showed how fast Vampires are in buffyverse, and Buffy is so fast and skilled to take out whole groups with accurate Heart Jabs.

Here Buffy while still new takes on a nest of Vampires with just a single stake. Smashing through these super human undead with ease.

Here with nothing but her nighties, she is ambushed by a horde of Vampires. She uses whatever is in her grasp to beat them all. This was a early Buffy too. Season 2 time frame.

This is Buffy taking on a large Nest of Vampires on their home ground. She massacres the whole lot of them, even when forced in a small space to fight a swarm of them. What makes it impressive is every shot is a Stake in the heart. It is hard enough to kill a swarm of people, but to be force to hit the heart every time on super human beings? That is skill.

Now by this time frame, in the later seasons, Buffy casually kills groups of Vampires with total ease.

Durablity/Healing

he was the Daywalker. He has blown up building he was inside of just to prove a point to the other guy. Be blindsided and shot, only to dodge the gun fire afterwords. Be got BFR by a demon's blast and wasn't hurt.

My point in all this is, yes Buffy is tough. But Plane crash over truck. Stone wall over wooden coffin. Blade is more tough than Buffy and a few of those scans he did not have his powers. He is stronger as the Daywalker.

Thing is that is all blunt damage which Buffy does not really do to bad guys. She stabs and decapitates. That is what she does. Balde Durability in Blunt is no more a factor than Buffy's other than either one is not KOing the other.

Superhuman accuracy

So, the nailing the fly thing was pretty dope. I will admit that. I will see that and raise you knocking the teeth out of a vamp that's about to bite. The other stuff isn't anything Blade hasn't done before and done in live combat. Those scans so Buffy attacking at range, which is respect able. But Blade is better at range and can also do those things under pressure.

So again, it's really just the difference in over all ability and skills. Not that Buffy isn't skilled. But Blades Marksmenship extends to being in the fight, not simple just at range.

I disagree 100%. Buffy uses range in Close combat in half those scans. And unlike Blade she uses weapons like a freaking Ceiling Fan or Kitchen Fork. Blade range is all specific throwing weapons. Also none of his feats really trump the Pin onto the fly IMO.

Strength

So, lifting people with on hand. Smashing stones, throwing people far away. Got it. So I will see all that and raise with Kicking down metal doors. Throwing people into the air with one hand, not just holding them. Easily lifting in the area of 5-7 tons. Not just one.

So in this we see blade pulling off metal doors with his hands. I showed him kicking one down while being shot before. He throws a vamp in to the air with the same arm that she injured and stakes her on the way down. That also a speed feat. The reaper is at least the size of an elephant. I've debated before and everyone agrees on that. Blade lifts it over his head. That puts him way past 1 ton.

Except buffy has in those scans I posted thrown humans with one hand nearly 2 stroies. She has kicked a person over 100+ feet through the air and into a green house. She also breaks down Brick Walls with her strength.

Metal Doors? Is that all?

Spike who is a Vampire Buffy regularly matches in strength rips open Metal Doors like tin foil.

Not impressed.

Last thing to mention is the weapons. And I think the OP was a bit to vague about this. And this is just my thoughts on it, not that it's law. But in many of the scans you showed Buffy doesn't even have the scythe. She didn't always have it. However, Blade normally uses guns and almost always has them as well as is swords. Also, Blade has a number of different sword. From adamantium which is what he uses most, to a magical one for fighting demons that he made himself. My point is, I really could say what he's using as his "trademark weapon." as he using gun and edge weapons just the same.

Buffy has way better gear than Blade by like, miles. She has had Troll Hammers that slay Gods with a blow. She has a special made Stake 6 shot hand cannon she used before many times. She also makes use of a host of Magical Weapons from the show and comics. The Slayer Scyth being the best and her main weapon since ever. She used the Slayer Scyth from Season 7 all the way to current Season 9.

Blade only advantage is Guns which makes him weak sauce since Buffy Vampires are immune to bullets and can dodge them. Blade Vampires are slower and weaker :/.

Be that as it may, if it was melee only, I don't see her scythe breaking adamantium.

Its not meant to break Adamantium, the fact is Admantium is not breaking this unbreakable enchanted weapon is the point.

Buffy inferior to Blade? Actually yes. They both have unbreakable weapons, both are mad skills. But as you can see, out side of her God mode, her stats are matched and exceeded by Blades.

He can dodge lasers. He can leave after images. He is faster.

He can Block bullets with chains and take the teeth out of a vamp. he is more accurate.

He can tank explosions and Aircraft crashes. He is more durable.

He can lift over at least 4 tons. He is stronger.

Blade would defeat her.

Nothing you really showed other than one time lifting a elephant is superior to Buffy.

#235 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverrings said:

I'm not going to say she wouldn't put of a fight. it's not 10/10. I say it's 8/10 simply because Blade does everything Buffy can do better. No more no less. She is sick with it. Blade is sicker.

Also, God Bluffy had crazy twilight powers and could fly and telelport and was like golden age superman strong. It was pretty stupid. But honestly I think it's a vampire slayer thing. If Buffy's former powers are brought up, then I will just use Blades former powers and I still believe he would take it. As Switch Blade, he was extremely powerful.

I go as far to say Buffy wins 7/10. The key difference is she beaten Blade level beings too many times. Angel I argue could beat Blade. Buffy beaten guys like angel and Spike who are top tier fighters on earth and many other realms. Buffy was born with skill already, then she honed it to a degree where she is top tier of her world. Added to that was more skill and experience was added via Slayer Scyth.

Buffy wins more often than not.

#236 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I do not see anything that makes him faster. After images is cool sounding, but no more fast than leaving a blur. After Images can be perform at less than Mach 1 Speeds on average like waving a pencil. It is a eye trick rather than raw speed.

Dodging Lasers is no big deal either as Captain America Dodge lasers, Batman has as well, in fact Punisher has. Are they all light speed? No, they are merely Aim dodging.

I already showed how fast Vampires are in buffyverse, and Buffy is so fast and skilled to take out whole groups with accurate Heart Jabs.

That is a cop-out. There is nothing to suggest they he was aim dodging given he was flipping in the air. More over, the fact that you compare Blade moving to a persons back when they attack him from behind while he was standing still to a pencil is lowballing at it's finest. I honestly had expected better from you and I'm losing respect. That like saying the fact that you can't track a rock from a sling shot with your eyes the same way you can't track a bullet. I never said he was light speed, but his speed out classes that of Buffy. I also posted scans of him battling a know speedster.

Thing is that is all blunt damage which Buffy does not really do to bad guys. She stabs and decapitates. That is what she does. Balde Durability in Blunt is no more a factor than Buffy's other than either one is not KOing the other.

First, it shows resistance to fire and explosion as well as blunts. More over, I showed several that showed he was not effect much by bullet and showed little effect if stabbed. Also, I didn't see you post anything that showed she had massive resistance to being stabbed, which I already addressed with Blades swordsmen ship. He he can block bullets with a chain I think he can block her weapons that move slower.
Scans to show Buffy is "Immune" to bullets. As he was shot in "Seeing Red" I am calling bull on this. I didn't kill her, but it put her down.

I disagree 100%. Buffy uses range in Close combat in half those scans. And unlike Blade she uses weapons like a freaking Ceiling Fan or Kitchen Fork. Blade range is all specific throwing weapons. Also none of his feats really trump the Pin onto the fly IMO.

You are entitled to your opinion. Also, I disagree with it being close combat and it wasn't under pressure. I showed Blade attack from range while directly under attack. Not retreating a few steps but in the moment itself.

Spike who is a Vampire Buffy regularly matches in strength rips open Metal Doors like tin foil.

Not impressed.

Really? We're using other peoples feats now? Blade has beaten Dracula a number of time and Dracula as throw hands with people as strong as Colossus and Thor. That doesn't mean that are just as strong. So, if you don't can scan of buffy doing it, it's meaning less. But I've already proven that Blade is much stronger than she is.

Buffy has way better gear than Blade by like, miles. She has had Troll Hammers that slay Gods with a blow. She has a special made Stake 6 shot hand cannon she used before many times. She also makes use of a host of Magical Weapons from the show and comics. The Slayer Scyth being the best and her main weapon since ever. She used the Slayer Scyth from Season 7 all the way to current Season 9.

Blade only advantage is Guns which makes him weak sauce since Buffy Vampires are immune to bullets and can dodge them. Blade Vampires are slower and weaker :/.

No she doesn't. Guns make him weak? Guns make him smart. He's more skilled than her and has the sense to use guns with special bullets to kill vamps. Automatically better in terms a of gear. Also, I saw the troll hammer when it was used, it didn't kill in a blow and you know it.

Blades advantage is guns and special ammo. An incendiary round in her chest would best hell. And given that I know bullet hurt her (not kill, but her) Blade could simple tire her out before moving into close range fighting. Though again, I'd like to see Buffy taking a bullet to the head and not dying. Otherwise I say a bullet to the head would kill her given that I know she was hurt by a bullet to the chest during the show.

Also, the only thing about Marvel Vamps that makes them weaker is they have 1 extra weakness. Silver. Buffy vamps are all weak against religious items. Marvel vamps aren't unless held by a true believer. Buffy vamps can't enter certain places.

Low ball them all you like, but Marvel vamps can kill Atlantina(Namors people) Have battle the X- men, Captain America and Thor. They are by no means weaker. I can post scans of this if needed, it'll just take a while for me to look through and find.

Its not meant to break Adamantium, the fact is Admantium is not breaking this unbreakable enchanted weapon is the point

Blade does not need to break it to defeat her. Their weapons won't break. Ok.

#237 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster said:

@silverrings said:

I go as far to say Buffy wins 7/10. The key difference is she beaten Blade level beings too many times. Angel I argue could beat Blade. Buffy beaten guys like angel and Spike who are top tier fighters on earth and many other realms. Buffy was born with skill already, then she honed it to a degree where she is top tier of her world. Added to that was more skill and experience was added via Slayer Scyth.

Buffy wins more often than not.

This is untrue.

Blade has battle and defeated The Thing, Spiderman, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Dracula, Wolverine, Morbious, Littlith, Captain Britain (really he just over powered him) Spit Fire, and other names in Marvel.

There are people on that list that would defeat Buffy.

#238 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Still leaning towards Blade...

#239 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: I haven't seen a Blade fan jump to his aid in ages! Kudos sir!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#240 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster:

That is a cop-out. There is nothing to suggest they he was aim dodging given he was flipping in the air. More over, the fact that you compare Blade moving to a persons back when they attack him from behind while he was standing still to a pencil is lowballing at it's finest. I honestly had expected better from you and I'm losing respect. That like saying the fact that you can't track a rock from a sling shot with your eyes the same way you can't track a bullet. I never said he was light speed, but his speed out classes that of Buffy. I also posted scans of him battling a know speedster.

You can lose respect and I really do not care. its the truth, same reason why Naruto people are so full of crap with their speed feats and after images. Many people and other veteran debaters will tell you this. @floopay explain please why after images and dodging lasers is BS feats for blade. He lost respect for mke since I am "copping out" but your a respectable debater.

The very fact you believe Blade is Light Speed dodging lasers is purely astounding in itself.

First, it shows resistance to fire and explosion as well as blunts. More over, I showed several that showed he was not effect much by bullet and showed little effect if stabbed. Also, I didn't see you post anything that showed she had massive resistance to being stabbed, which I already addressed with Blades swordsmen ship. He he can block bullets with a chain I think he can block her weapons that move slower.

Scans to show Buffy is "Immune" to bullets. As he was shot in "Seeing Red" I am calling bull on this. I didn't kill her, but it put her down.

She is not. unlike Blade who is not skilled enough to dodge attacks, Buffy does. Thanks for proving that skill gap now.

You are entitled to your opinion. Also, I disagree with it being close combat and it wasn't under pressure. I showed Blade attack from range while directly under attack. Not retreating a few steps but in the moment itself.

Buffy used range while attacked by many Vamps as well in my scans. That is not under pressure?

Really? We're using other peoples feats now? Blade has beaten Dracula a number of time and Dracula as throw hands with people as strong as Colossus and Thor. That doesn't mean that are just as strong. So, if you don't can scan of buffy doing it, it's meaning less. But I've already proven that Blade is much stronger than she is.

Other people feats? She over powers him in strength more than once in the show.... So I guess she is weaker? That seem s like fail logic.

No she doesn't. Guns make him weak? Guns make him smart. He's more skilled than her and has the sense to use guns with special bullets to kill vamps. Automatically better in terms a of gear. Also, I saw the troll hammer when it was used, it didn't kill in a blow and you know it.

Too bad Buffy Vampires are not weak suace and weak to bullets of any kind. Only Decapitation, Sunlight, and Wooden Stakes in the heart.

Actually your right about the Glory Hammer. Chalk that on the board for ya for one right thing. Im thinking of the magic weapon Angel used to slay Gods with a blow.

Blades advantage is guns and special ammo. An incendiary round in her chest would best hell. And given that I know bullet hurt her (not kill, but her) Blade could simple tire her out before moving into close range fighting. Though again, I'd like to see Buffy taking a bullet to the head and not dying. Otherwise I say a bullet to the head would kill her given that I know she was hurt by a bullet to the chest during the show.

She cannot tank bullets, thus uses her superior skill to never get shot by super humans with speed and skill who use guns. Like Alexia here.

Buffy in this fight battles Alexia. Alexia was a former field agent for the Watchers. She was the very best as a Human can go without being a Slayer. She was then gifted with Anti Vampire Weapons, and Magic powers to giver her stats of a Slayer. So this was by far one of the deadliest and most well train fighters Buffy or Angel had to face. Buffy holds her own very well against till her magic is taken away. Then Buffy dominates.

Also, the only thing about Marvel Vamps that makes them weaker is they have 1 extra weakness. Silver. Buffy vamps are all weak against religious items. Marvel vamps aren't unless held by a true believer. Buffy vamps can't enter certain places.

So they have the same weakness then in religious Items. And weak to Silver bullets lol. And they can be killed with anything in the heart too. Only Wooden Stakes can kill a Buffy Vampire.

Low ball them all you like, but Marvel vamps can kill Atlantina(Namors people) Have battle the X- men, Captain America and Thor. They are by no means weaker. I can post scans of this if needed, it'll just take a while for me to look through and find.

Atlantians are no more superior than peak humans. Namor is one of a kind, not a standard. Also I am sure Vampires battle Thor, Cap, ect, and they never won. So who cares? How does losing to Marvel heroes prove superiority?

#241 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@bossmonster: I haven't seen a Blade fan jump to his aid in ages! Kudos sir!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Its cool he is defending him, but to say he is superior is pretty wrong.

@bossmonster said:

This is untrue.

Blade has battle and defeated The Thing, Spiderman, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Dracula, Wolverine, Morbious, Littlith, Captain Britain (really he just over powered him) Spit Fire, and other names in Marvel.

There are people on that list that would defeat Buffy.

Blade has never beaten Spider Man IIRC. @jashro44 did Blade beat Spider Man of all people? Blade has never beaten Wolverine that I know of. @wolverine08 did Blade beat Wolverine? The greatest Street leveler ever?

Ghost Rider!? Blade had Special powers and was OP from the Darkhold of C'thon when he fought Ghost Rider. I am a Ghost Rider expert remember? I mean really way out there with context dont ya think!?

Also why is Johnny Blaze (With no GR powers), Morbius, Gambit, or Lillith superior to Buffy foes? Buffy beaten Glory, Alexia, survived Dark Willow, took on Twilight, and other super beings that would spank that list.

#242 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: @cadencev2: You just want my speech about why dodging projectiles, making afterimages, and being a blur aren't as impressive as they sound?

Well the projectile one is simple, someone has to dodge the projectile before it's fired. Plain and simple. Neither Buffy, Blade, or vampires in either universe really have the speed feats to support them moving above Mach 3-4 speeds and getting out of the way. Either the projectile was going to miss anyway, or they stayed ahead of the character's aim, allowing them to dodge it.

As for afterimages and blurs. The brain can only process information so fast, and you can pretty easily trick the ocular nerve. With just light, bright colors, or just moving at varying speeds, you can easily create either of the two. You have to remember, we view the world upsidedown, and then our brain flips the image over to make it rightside up. It's a lot to process, more than people think. Back to the speed argument though, I can make a pencil appear as if it's in two places at once, or make it look as if it's a blur, or as if it's made of rubber, by simply wiggling it at less than 1 mile per hour. It has nothing to do with speed, it's just putting it in a position where your brain can't process all the information being handed to it.

As for the "disappearing trick" many characters have. The average brain processes information between 0.14 and 0.17 seconds IIRC. If a character can move fast enough to leave a person's visual range in that time period without them expecting it, then the feat can very well be accomplished. But you have to remember, at best you have to move 3-4 meters, which is only 1/10th the speed of sound in a burst.

Honestly, I think people forget how fast the speed of sound really is (770 miles per hour). And realistically, I think most people blow feats out of proportion to make characters look faster than they really are.

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

#243 Edited by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: It's his opinion, and he's using feats and his own line of logic to support it. Just as you are doing to support yours. And I hate to tell you, but Blade outclasses Buffy in at least a few categories based on their average showings. Just because you can provide a host of feats and can draw your own line of logic, doesn't mean you're right. These are fictional characters from different fictional universes, it's hard to truly say one is superior to the other when they both have comparable feats.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#244 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster @floopay Thank you Floopay.

@floopay said:

@cadencev2: It's his opinion, and he's using feats and his own line of logic to support it. Just as you are doing to support yours. And I hate to tell you, but Blade outclasses Buffy in at least a few categories based on their average showings. Just because you can provide a host of feats and can draw your own line of logic, doesn't mean you're right. These are fictional characters from different fictional universes, it's hard to truly say one is superior to the other when they both have comparable feats.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That is my point, neither is superior. They are near even with Blade having one real define strength advantage. IMO Buffy shows more skill in her fights and why she wins.

#245 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster @floopay Thank you Floopay.

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That is my point, neither is superior. They are near even with Blade having one real define strength advantage. IMO Buffy shows more skill in her fights and why she wins.

Even that's debatable. Blade fights on par with some powerful vampires with millenia+ experience, as well as demons, villains, heroes, and etc. that have outclassed him across the board.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#246 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Even that's debatable. Blade fights on par with some powerful vampires with millenia+ experience, as well as demons, villains, heroes, and etc. that have outclassed him across the board.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And Buffy... has not? Spike, Angel, Dracula, Glory, Dark Willow, The Mayor, Twilight, and more.

Just because they are not mainstream, they are well documented in power, skill, and feats.

#247 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

And Buffy... has not? Spike, Angel, Dracula, Glory, Dark Willow, The Mayor, Twilight, and more.

Just because they are not mainstream, they are well documented in power, skill, and feats.

So because she's fought comparable characters in terms of skill that makes her superior? At no point did I claim Blade superior, I merely said that Buffy being more skilled is debatable. Who gives a **** what's mainstream and what's now. I debate almost exclusively with characters who are far from mainstream these days...

Thanks for reading,
Floopay

#248 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

You can lose respect and I really do not care. its the truth, same reason why Naruto people are so full of crap with their speed feats and after images. Many people and other veteran debaters will tell you this. @floopay explain please why after images and dodging lasers is BS feats for blade. He lost respect for mke since I am "copping out" but your a respectable debater.

The very fact you believe Blade is Light Speed dodging lasers is purely astounding in itself.

Then respect is lost. It's funny that you call out to a member that reps me for my debate in Blades favor. But the primary reason I don't have respect for you now is what I have underlined in your quote vs the fact that I said the following.

I never said he was light speed, but his speed out classes that of Buffy. I also posted scans of him battling a know speedster.

I hate people that don't read or misquote others when it's written in text. That's just stupid.

She is not. unlike Blade who is not skilled enough to dodge attacks, Buffy does. Thanks for proving that skill gap now.

This makes no sense

Buffy used range while attacked by many Vamps as well in my scans. That is not under pressure?

That is pressure. It is not the same. Blade does it better.

Other people feats? She over powers him in strength more than once in the show.... So I guess she is weaker? That seem s like fail logic

Blade has over powered Dracula more than once in the comic. Is he the stronger of the two? I teenage that knows judo can over power and adult. That doesn't make the teen stronger. Spike and Buffy are martial artist. The both know there is more "over powering" than Muscle. the same can not be said about a metal door. So if you didn't get the logic, we can see where the fail came in, unless you're saying the only way to beat someone is to be physically more powerful than them.

Too bad Buffy Vampires are not weak suace and weak to bullets of any kind. Only Decapitation, Sunlight, and Wooden Stakes in the heart.

Actually your right about the Glory Hammer. Chalk that on the board for ya for one right thing. Im thinking of the magic weapon Angel used to slay Gods with a blow.

You don't really know anything about Marvel Vamps and that is clear. You also don't know anything about Blade. Marvel Vamps can not be killed by anything out side of Silver, Sunlight, Decapitation. Blades Bullet are a specially made bullet for killing vamps. So, if in bullet they had, I don't know, something they shot wooden stakes, like bullets, I feel like that would kill them too. Oh wait! They have those.

She cannot tank bullets, thus uses her superior skill to never get shot by super humans with speed and skill who use guns. Like Alexia here.

Superior to who's? Blade can tank Bullets. He dodges them if he feels like it but suffers no ill effect if he is hit. He heals so fast the he just keeps moving afterwords. Buffy has to dodge. As we saw in the TV show, a single will placed bullet will put her down. Blade dodges because he feels like it.

So they have the same weakness then in religious Items. And weak to Silver bullets lol. And they can be killed with anything in the heart too. Only Wooden Stakes can kill a Buffy Vampire.

This is funny how?

Atlantians are no more superior than peak humans. Namor is one of a kind, not a standard. Also I am sure Vampires battle Thor, Cap, ect, and they never won. So who cares? How does losing to Marvel heroes prove superiority?

This is the easy part. Unlike in Buffy, Marvel heroes have a wide range of powers. And those people that I have mention above battle long and hard before taking the victory. As I said before there a people on that list that would more easily defeat Buffy. The fact of the matter is that humans in Marvel are stronger than Humans in the buffyverse. This is demonstarted by character the feats of their peak humans verse what you see done in Buffy. Thus, the Vamps, that are admittedly stronger are superior.

#249 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the point not to determine which character is in fact the Superior.

@cadencev2: Also, I'll tell you being mainstream is an issue in this. Willow, Spike, Angel. All are supposed to be very powerful. Buffy is able to beat them as they have the luxury of being brought back to life with no real problems in story. Blade can not kill over "The greatest street leveler of all time" and it be all good for sale. So they have him battle evenly with the likes of Wolverine or Spiderman, given that the host of strongest characters are on the Hero side and he isn't going to kill them.

And No, the Ghost rider comment isn't OOC. The point is, with his power increased he had the skill set to do it. There were a number of people buffy could not defeat until she got something to even the playing field. I.E. That hammer. She got stomped in that fight. Hammer in hand, she had the skill set to put Down a God. That is my point in bring it up and as a Rider expert, you know he's no push over.

#250 Posted by Floopay (8610 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: I've always thought the point was to provide a feasible reason for your line of logic... And to have fun. But hey, what do I know.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay