Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By Picard

Buffy vs. Batman... not this again!

Firstly you must prove that pressure points would even work on Slayers. Good luck with that! In fact those scans you showed - those are not showings against meta/super/enhanced humans, those are regular guys, nowhere near Buffy's durability. Second of all using pressure points is not his normal fighting style. Most of the time he will just punch, kick etc. Show me where were those pressure points when he was loosing against enhanced humans like Deathstroke or Azrael? Batman was beaten by enhanced humans many times before - KGB Beast, Deathstroke, Azrael... In fact I propose a challenge - show me one thing that those guys did to Batman that Buffy can't do, what was this amazing fighting technique that they used, that Buffy won't be able to replicate?:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And it seems that KGB Beast, man who thanks to his enhanced strength defeated Batman in hand to hand combat, was unable to break through metal door in a sewer:

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile average vampire, who is a lot weaker than Buffy have no problem with breaking through similar doors:

No Caption Provided

So this is not even a contest in strength department.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Ferro Vida

@picard: 1) It is on you to prove that Buffy's biology is different than any other human's.

2) Batman's feats put him fairly close to Buffy in terms of physical stats. Normal humans can fight vampires in a physical encounter (Gunn and his crew did for a very long time). These vampires are still capable of giving Buffy a decent fight. The difference in strength between Buffy and a normal, non-Batman human is not that great.

3) Deathstroke and Azrael both wear body armor.

4) The Talons are all physically stronger and more durable than Batman, or Buffy for that matter, yet a beaten and bedraggled Bruce Wayne was able to beat one of them.

5) Don't reply to old posts unless you have something new to bring to the conversation, and do not condescend towards me.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for luciustheeternal
LuciusTheEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buffy wins, and pretty esily at that.

First off, she has way more battle experience than Batman. Yup, its a fact.

Her skill comes from the fact all Slayers share the memories, experiences, and skill of past lives.

1-2) Show the past lives she relieves when sleeping.

3-5) The Watcher finds her and brings her out to a cemetery knowing 2 Vampires will rise that night. The Watcher is overpowered by the 2 Vamps and it was up to the untrain Buffy to kill the Vampires, even though she was never taught a wooden stake through the heart, or any fighting skill to execute it. She does both with her innate skill of past lives.

6) Then the Watcher test her one more time with a surprise attack which she caught with ease just to prove a point of her being the chosen one.

As said in the show itself, all Slayers share past experiences. The Slayer Spike talks of in the last scan is about a young American Slayer who spoke Chinese and had the memories of the Slayer Spike killed in China decades before.

Add to this the fact Buffy trains heavily in various Martial Arts every day by the watchers for several years.

No Caption Provided

Like Niles here teaching her to fight Super Human Vampires while being blind.

So Skill advantage and combat experience goes to Buffy.

Now lets compare stats..... LOL that easy buffy is stronger, faster, and more durable than any human can ever be.

She is a casual 2 toner vs Batman's 1500 pounds strength.

Then gear, Batman has better gear, but does this gear save him from foes like Bane or Deathstroke? No. Buffy would be no different.

Batman loses this match.

loekie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay let’s see… I’ve been a biiiiig biiiiig Buffy fan and have seen all the eps several times… I loved the show… however have not read the comics so I might be missing a few things in my reply…

Buffy is awesome. She is strong, fast and resourceful and would give the Bat a real run for his money especially since she catches him off-guard. From what I have heard of the Bat is pretty much impossible to sneak up on… and were Buffy to be in his Univese (as I assumed she would be) he would in his research have most certainly found out about the slayer and planned (just as he had done for the League) for when she would need to be taken down just in case. Hell… from what I heard the guy has a freaking satelite in space to spy on the meta-humans (which would include Buffy (or slayer) in the DC universe).

As much I love Buffy… the Bat would only need a piece of Crystal to take Buffy out (see season 3 Helpless) and I do think the Bat would have been forced to be a smarter fighter then Buffy because he doesn’t have any powers. He is also quite capable of keeping up with the rest of the ‘superpowered’ members of the Justice League.

I have to say this one would go to the Bat… after a good fight.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

id say buffy.....i mean an entire year of prep along with her powers is a great advantage. batman is a peak human at best and really it does a disservice to his character to make him some god like creature when he struggles with the likes of joker constantly. he shouldnt be able to beat wonder woman or superman(unless he has kryptonite) or darkseid. if we are talking strictly h2h then Batman would beat buffy but she has an entire year to out smart him and he has no idea about it.

WyndamPryce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Buffy effortlessly tossing highly trained male combat fighters around? Atleast i think thats what those people Riley worked with were. If she can do that she'd definitely be able to hold her own against Batman. I can't really see a reason why they'd fight though unless she's tricked some how.

Faith, on the other hand, would probably make more sense, and be a much more entertaining opponent for Batman.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By hurricanefunnel

batman wins by skill

batman has much more skill than buffy despite buffy having a lot of skill

batman wins very low diff

no bias

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman wins by skill

no bias

So Batman has more skilled, but as admitted not by a lot. Batman also has inferior stats. By alot. So Batman wins low difficulty? Pretty sure Buffy is well above in skill and stats to Bane, Nightwing, Ras, KGB Beats, Jean Paul, Cassandra Cain, ect characters who not only give Batman hell, have beaten Batman.

But Batman wins... VERY low difficulty?

Sorry thats pretty bias.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By hurricanefunnel

@tourneymaster said:
@hurricanefunnel said:

batman wins by skill

no bias

So Batman has more skilled, but as admitted not by a lot. Batman also has inferior stats. By alot. So Batman wins low difficulty? Pretty sure Buffy is well above in skill and stats to Bane, Nightwing, Ras, KGB Beats, Jean Paul, Cassandra Cain, ect characters who not only give Batman hell, have beaten Batman.

Sorry thats pretty bias.

NO, flagged for deception

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster said:
@hurricanefunnel said:

batman wins by skill

no bias

Sorry thats pretty bias.

NO, flagged for deception

Deception? Ok. All I see is not reason for your argument why Batman wins with VERY low diff. But good try.