• 157 results
#101 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

batman shouldnt have a problem with this.

#102 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

In a straight fight I would back Buffy for a slight majority. But in a situation where Batman has the stealth advantage? That ain't fair.

#103 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

In a straight fight I would back Buffy for a slight majority. But in a situation where Batman has the stealth advantage? That ain't fair.

Nah it ain't fair but she'd still win she's way stronger and faster than him she's been attacked from surprise before- and vampires are stronger than batman who is peak human at best.

#104 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

Nah it ain't fair but she'd still win she's way stronger and faster than him she's been attacked from surprise before- and vampires are stronger than batman who is peak human at best.

And yet Batman has beaten people who are stronger and faster than he is (Bane, Deathstroke, the Talons...). She doesn't have enough of a strength advantage for it to make a serious difference. Batman has better standard gear, and a whole lot more of it than Buffy ever has, and he is an expert at stealth. Buffy doesn't have enhanced senses, so she has no way of possibly detecting him in this setting.

#105 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

And yet Batman has beaten people who are stronger and faster than he is (Bane, Deathstroke, the Talons...). She doesn't have enough of a strength advantage for it to make a serious difference. Batman has better standard gear, and a whole lot more of it than Buffy ever has, and he is an expert at stealth. Buffy doesn't have enhanced senses, so she has no way of possibly detecting him in this setting.

No Buffy won't need any enhnced senses, she'd just punch him a few times in the face and that'd be it seriously, she's waaaay stronger and quite a lot faster than him. Stop being a fanboy.

#106 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

No Buffy won't need any enhnced senses, she'd just punch him a few times in the face and that'd be it seriously, she's waaaay stronger and quite a lot faster than him. Stop being a fanboy.

Tell me exactly how much Buffy can bench on a good day. Let's be generous and say two tons, give or take. Batman can leg press half that, so while she is certainly stronger than he is, he can still hit hard enough to hurt her. Now let's look at some of Buffy's speed feats; off the top of my head, I know she has caught a knife. That's pretty cool. And she can rapidly take out several opponents at once. Here's the thing: Angel has better speed feats than Buffy does. And they were still really closely matched in a fight. Now for the really funny part: Batman has better speed feats than both of them. This is a guy who can bullet time. Has Buffy bullet timed with her normal powers? I dunno, because she rarely fights anyone who uses bullets.

Maybe Buffy is faster than Batman. But she doesn't have the feats to prove it. And she has no way to stop him from sneaking up behind her and dropping her in one hit with the vibrating palm technique (as an example).

#107 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

Tell me exactly how much Buffy can bench on a good day. Let's be generous and say two tons, give or take. Batman can leg press half that, so while she is certainly stronger than he is, he can still hit hard enough to hurt her. Now let's look at some of Buffy's speed feats; off the top of my head, I know she has caught a knife. That's pretty cool. And she can rapidly take out several opponents at once. Here's the thing: Angel has better speed feats than Buffy does. And they were still really closely matched in a fight. Now for the really funny part: Batman has better speed feats than both of them. This is a guy who can bullet time. Has Buffy bullet timed with her normal powers? I dunno, because she rarely fights anyone who uses bullets.

Maybe Buffy is faster than Batman. But she doesn't have the feats to prove it. And she has no way to stop him from sneaking up behind her and dropping her in one hit with the vibrating palm technique (as an example).

Buffy is way stronger than him you only have to watch the show to know that, and in the comics the gap is even bigger- even after the destruction of the seed. She also has a scythe for this fight don't forget, she will annihilate him with so much ease it isn't funny, I think you're vastly underestimating the Slayer here.

#108 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

Buffy is way stronger than him you only have to watch the show to know that, and in the comics the gap is even bigger- even after the destruction of the seed. She also has a scythe for this fight don't forget, she will annihilate him with so much ease it isn't funny, I think you're vastly underestimating the Slayer here.

And you, sir, simply do not know what you are talking about. Good day.

#109 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@e3zombie said:

Batman.

Loses

Did you read the OP?

And you, sir, simply do not know what you are talking about. Good day.

Lol whatever bro, it's you who don't know what you're on about. Batman has NO POWERS how can he possibly beat someone of Buffy's caliber? Not happening

#110 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza: Why don't you ask ANY of the guys with powers that he has beaten?

#111 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: You do realise these are fake people?

#112 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@superman69 said:

Nah, Ferro was speaking literally.

#113 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@superman69 said:

Of all the places to say something like that... Why the battle forum on a comic book website?

#114 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@superman69 said:

Of all the places to say something like that... Why the battle forum on a comic book website?

1. They're not real so theirs no reason to get upset over it.

2. How can he ask the powerful beings Batmans beaten when their not real?

#115 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these stipulations, Buffy wins.

@superman69 said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@superman69 said:

He wasn't being literal.

#116 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@superman69 said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@superman69 said:

1) People being dense is a reason to get upset.

2) Your grasp of language is astounding.

@Decoy Elite said:

@superman69 said:

Nah, Ferro was speaking literally.

#117 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@superman69 said:

perhaps because it's true? How could I possibly ask any of these fictitious characters Batman has beaten, I know that you were being sarcastic but it came across as pretty lame and childish. Anyway I doubt any of them would be able to measure up to Buffy, she is the chosen one afterall, which is more significant than you may think- she has a drive that other characters just don't have, she refuses to lose or to give up under any circumstance, she would stomp him.

#118 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

Under these stipulations, Buffy wins.

@superman69 said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@superman69 said:

He wasn't being literal.

oh ok

#119 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Why do you say Buffy wins?

#120 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

she is the chosen one afterall,

That title is meaningless.

@SSJLozza said:

she has a drive that other characters just don't have, she refuses to lose or to give up under any circumstance, she would stomp him.

You just described ten super heroes that I can think of off the top of my head.

#121 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

She has a years worth prep (which is unnecessary), Batman has no idea who she is (assumed from the whole "taken by surprise" thing), and he can't hide from her easily with those goggles.

The odds are just stacked against Batman, especially when he is, by this point in Buffy's comics, at a physical disadvantage.

#122 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@SSJLozza said:

she has a drive that other characters just don't have, she refuses to lose or to give up under any circumstance, she would stomp him.

How is it meaningless? It makes her pretty unique. To some extent you're right about many superheroes having the same thing, but not in many verses is it as important as it is in Buffyverse. Buffy regularly faces nearly insurmountable odds and still wins the day.

#123 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@SSJLozza said:

How is it meaningless? It makes her pretty unique. To some extent you're right about many superheroes having the same thing, but not in many verses is it as important as it is in Buffyverse. Buffy regularly faces nearly insurmountable odds and still wins the day.

Her uniqueness of being a slayer is not a reason, slayers have been killed before.

#124 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

She has a years worth prep (which is unnecessary), Batman has no idea who she is (assumed from the whole "taken by surprise" thing), and he can't hide from her easily with those goggles.

The odds are just stacked against Batman, especially when he is, by this point in Buffy's comics, at a physical disadvantage.

Nightvision goggles won't help her as much as you might think. Batman has faced people who use them before, and he knows how to remain undetected in spite of them. It actually gives him a pretty big advantage; all it would take to stun her is dropping a flashbang.

#125 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@SSJLozza said:

Her uniqueness of being a slayer is not a reason, slayers have been killed before.

I know that but it does give her an advantage, anyway that wasn't the crux of my argument. The point is she is stronger and faster and won't give up against him no matter what.

#126 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Though in fairness to Buffy. Pretty sure she doesn't need Nighhtvision goggles.

#127 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Nightvision goggles won't help her as much as you might think. Batman has faced people who use them before, and he knows how to remain undetected in spite of them. It actually gives him a pretty big advantage; all it would take to stun her is dropping a flashbang.

Are you one of those people who always just says- Batman wins cos he's Batman?

#128 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

I know that but it does give her an advantage, anyway that wasn't the crux of my argument. The point is she is stronger and faster and won't give up against him no matter what.

How is it an advantage? How will not giving up help her here when Batman is also notorious for not giving up?

@DangerousLoki said:

@Ferro Vida: Though in fairness to Buffy. Pretty sure she doesn't need Nighhtvision goggles.

How does she counter his stealth?

#129 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I'm one of those people who spent twenty pages arguing that Daredevil can beat Batman. Batman wins this fight because of the terrain. I already said Buffy can win in a straight fight. You are the one who is ignoring the OP.

#130 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

She also might not need them, she is generally adapted to the dark after all. But either way, what makes you think Batman is going to treat Buffy like anything above an average girl? Sure he won't hold back, but that doesn't mean he's going to treat Buffy like the slayer.

#131 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

She also might not need them, she is generally adapted to the dark after all. But either way, what makes you think Batman is going to treat Buffy like anything above an average girl? Sure he won't hold back, but that doesn't mean he's going to treat Buffy like the slayer.

Because of the way the OP is set up. Buffy has the chance to get in one or two hits on Bruce because she gets him by surprise. Presuming he gets some distance between them he would know that this is no ordinary girl.

And Angel was still able to stalk/sneak up on Buffy despite her time in the dark.

#132 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I'm one of those people who spent twenty pages arguing that Daredevil can beat Batman. Batman wins this fight because of the terrain. I already said Buffy can win in a straight fight. You are the one who is ignoring the OP.

I actually did read the op wrong yeah- I thought he got her by suprise, if she gets him by suprise then I can't believe this is even a debate- she'd put him out with one punch

#133 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

would snap his neck, I don't understand how it could go down any other way.

That is totally out of character for Buffy.

@SSJLozza said:

He jumps out

You didn't read the OP and know nothing about Batman.

@SSJLozza said:

she either swings the scythe into him or pummels him into uncosnciousness simple as that. The fact that she's also faster than him means that unless you genuinely think he can land a one hit ko he's done for.

She has been hit by people slower than her before and she genuinely does not have any speed feats that show her being faster than Batman. And who says he would LET her see him? He doesn't have to.

#134 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Angel was able to sneak up on Buffy in the first season, this happend less and less over the series as Buffy became more adept with her abilities. One of which is enhanced senses. Including the ability for a form of night vision all on her own. She doesn't need the goggles. Not saying she wins the fight just pointing out their relative inconsequentiality in this debate.

#135 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki said:

@Ferro Vida: Angel was able to sneak up on Buffy in the first season, this happend less and less over the series as Buffy became more adept with her abilities.

Also because Angel left the series after season 3.

@DangerousLoki said:

Including the ability for a form of night vision all on her own. She doesn't need the goggles. Not saying she wins the fight just pointing out their relative inconsequentiality in this debate.

Fair enough

#136 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

Because of the way the OP is set up. Buffy has the chance to get in one or two hits on Bruce because she gets him by surprise. Presuming he gets some distance between them he would know that this is no ordinary girl.

And Angel was still able to stalk/sneak up on Buffy despite her time in the dark.

Buffy was rather notorious for being able to tell when someone was stalking her, like with one of her first encounters with Angel she knew she was being followed, and that was early Season 1.

And why would Batman take her seriously enough to want distance? He could be thinking she is simply another Harley wannabe. And with her strength levels, it's arguable that Batman might not have time to close the distance.

Staking the vampires, who have much faster reaction times than normal humans, before they can react
#137 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@SSJLozza said:

He jumps out

@SSJLozza said:

she either swings the scythe into him or pummels him into uncosnciousness simple as that. The fact that she's also faster than him means that unless you genuinely think he can land a one hit ko he's done for.

She has been hit by people slower than her before and she genuinely does not have any speed feats that show her being faster than Batman. And who says he would LET her see him? He doesn't have to.

She wouldn't literally snap his neck I was merely emphasising the power gap between them. Come on man, she has the element of suprise whats gonna stop her landing a one hit ko?

#138 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

Not in this fight it's not

#139 Posted by rpottage (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

@SSJLozza said:

He jumps out

@SSJLozza said:

She wouldn't literally snap his neck I was merely emphasising the power gap between them. Come on man, she has the element of suprise whats gonna stop her landing a one hit ko?

The power gap really isn't that great. Buffy's durability is at most barely above human level, same for her speed. This was proven when she was shot; she had neither the speed/reflexes to dodge it (I'd put Batman ahead reflexes wise because he regularily deals with gunfire) nor the durability to tank it (it nearly killed her, and she was down instantly. Batman's gear would give him the edge durability wise too). Her strength is enough to punch through brick or concrete, admirable yes; but it's not any stronger than Bane (and in fact martial artists like Batman are also strong enough and skilled enough to do with same).

Buffy's stealth also isn't on par with Batman. Realistically he would see her coming. Even if he didn't know until the last minute, he would still likely have enough time to brace himself. Even if some mystical force makes her completely immune to his senses until her first strike; his training, experience, and durability are enough to withstand a hit. Then Batman takes it. He's better trained, has a more consistent showing of better reflexes, his gear makes him more durable, and he's got much more gear on him with far more versatility with it.

Unless she has a mystical force preventing Batman from detecting her in anyway shape or form until she hits him (which is way more than simply the element of surprise) and immediately goes for the kill with her weapon directly though the head (in which case it's pure and massive spite); then Batman takes it. She may have the strength advantage; but his training, experience, skills, and equipment just put him ahead of her game.

#140 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: Buffy has changed a lot since Warren shot her...

#141 Posted by rpottage (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@rpottage: Buffy has changed a lot since Warren shot her...

Nope, not impressed. The first one has nothing to do with her reflexes, she's not moving to dodge the bullets; just attacking. It's the traditional "let's give our guards guns that fire in random directions" thing.

The second one is closer; but she's not simply dodging a bullet. She's actually given a head start since the girl is in the process of pulling the gun. (Plus that's a revolver, which means the girl also had to 'cock' the gun before firing a bullet; unlike semi-automatics)

I just don't see that as enough to say she now has reflexes that can actually dodge bullets. And it does nothing for her durability.

#142 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: In the time Buffy is in the air, the girl had shot multiple times. She's dodging those bullets. Besides before the show ended she had the speed to catch up to a speeding bus after getting stabbed through the chest. I suggest watching Chosen, the entire last battle is a durability feat for Buffy (like getting up right after being stabbed and proceeding to knock three Turok-Han vampires off that cliff)

Besides, this guy couldn't shoot her or Faith either in Sanctuary.
#143 Posted by EVIL_SUPERMAN666 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Batmans far stronger, hes lifted a 1000 pound ceiling.

Buffy could never dream of doing that. So Batman wins.

Now shhhhhhhhhh my child.

#144 Posted by rpottage (894 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Bad choice man. The girl is firing a revolver. Every single shot has to be 'cocked' first; and that's not something you can do in advance, it has to be after the previous shot. Which means in the time it took Buffy to cross a room; the girl pulled a gun, cocked it, shot, cocked it, shot, cocked it, and shot again. That's actually a horrible showing for Buffy speed/reflexes wise.

I've seen the entire series (and bought all the seasons). The last episode is not a durability showing. The producers knowingly, and purposefully, drastically reduced the power of the Uber-Vamps. Whedon admited his drastically reduced their power, and shattered any attempt at feats from the episode by breaking continuity, because he was more concerned about his message. As he stated:

"Again, I was more interested in the showing the empowerment than I was in the continuity."

So Chosen is absolutely worthess for a showing.

As for that guy; he was pathetic (easily outmatched by the young still wimpy Wes); and he actually could have hit them. In fact they specifically hid behind cover because of that. She also had to sneak attack the guy from behind and knock the gun out of his hand. So that again is not a good showing for her.

#145 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

Duly noted. Batman can also kill her with one hit, though...

#146 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

What? How can Batman kill Buffy with one hit, she has a healing factor and durability above peak human (albeit not massively above) in saying that you're basically saying Batman can kill any normal human with one punch, which as far as I know has no basis.

#147 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

batman in a good fight

#148 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@SSJLozza said:

What? How can Batman kill Buffy with one hit, she has a healing factor and durability above peak human (albeit not massively above) in saying that you're basically saying Batman can kill any normal human with one punch, which as far as I know has no basis.

Batman literally knows a punch that can kill someone with one hit... It is called the vibrating palm technique... I'm not making this up.

#149 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
Vibrating palm technique to put down a ninja (this is while he was training to get back into form after Bane broke his back)
The Leopard Blow, another one-hit kill (this has also been performed by other notable DC martial artists like Lady Shiva, Cassie Cain, and Bronze Tiger).

@SSJLozza:

#150 Edited by Jimmycraig (4 posts) - - Show Bio

You're putting Buffy against BATMAN. Batman doesn't need prep he can just drop the batplane on Buffy or get in a battle suit greater than lex's.Or he could bat- kick Buffy.