• 157 results
#1 Posted by Child Of The Dark Phoenix (83 posts) - - Show Bio

*Buffy has 1year to train and prepair for the bat
*Batman is caught by surprise
*Buffy has a scythe
*Batman is his standard stuff.
*It takes place in an abandon steel factory at dusk
*Buffy has her nightvision goggles
*bloodlust or rage or whatever you call it is on.

#2 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy is physically superior but the difference isn't that great and even with a years training I don't see how she would have enough skill to take on Batman.

Batman in a stomp.

#3 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" Buffy is physically superior but the difference isn't that great and even with a years training I don't see how she would have enough skill to take on Batman.  Batman in a stomp. "
Bats does win, but not in a stomp.
#4 Posted by Mortein (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

batman would win, but barely. Buffy has a shot here.

#5 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Baldy said:
" Buffy is physically superior but the difference isn't that great and even with a years training I don't see how she would have enough skill to take on Batman.  Batman in a stomp. "
Bats does win, but not in a stomp. "
With bloodlust on, it's an extreme stomp. In character she has a shot but I don't see it working more than 3/10.
#6 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Baldy said:
With bloodlust on, it's an extreme stomp. In character she has a shot but I don't see it working more than 3/10. "
From the OP, it appeared to me, that, because of the other things to increase Buffy's chance, only she had bloodlust. Bats stomp, if both.
#7 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Baldy said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Baldy said:
With bloodlust on, it's an extreme stomp. In character she has a shot but I don't see it working more than 3/10. "
From the OP, it appeared to me, that, because of the other things to increase Buffy's chance, only she had bloodlust. Bats stomp, if both. "
Oh if it's just her thats bloodlusted her chances are increased significantly, I think we need clairification from the OP.
#8 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy: Me concur.

@Child Of The Dark Phoenix:
Are they both or just Buffy bloodlusted?
#9 Posted by thedarkgodzz (116 posts) - - Show Bio

buffy may great but Batman is a very cleaver man he can easily defeat buffy with his inteligent

#10 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

bats duh
#11 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
@Statman said:
" @Child Of The Dark Phoenix said:
" *Buffy has 1year to train and prepair for the bat
*Batman is caught by surprise
"
Buffy from behind with a scythe wins. "

Can't see her catching bruce by surprise.....no, she gets owned.  Bruce ftw
#12 Posted by Just Because Im Obsessive (653 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm compelled to finally sit down long enough and read through all my buffy season 8 comics and just feat after feat
#13 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Child Of The Dark Phoenix said:
"
Really?
Bats FTW.
#14 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins in a stomp

#15 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins this using his skill

#16 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy would win. She has superhuman powers, is level-headed, and has trained for years. Batman is dust.
#17 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
" Buffy would win. She has superhuman powers, is level-headed, and has trained for years. Batman is dust. "
And yet she still isn't close to Batman skill wise.
#18 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baldy said:
" @Illyana Rasputin said:
" Buffy would win. She has superhuman powers, is level-headed, and has trained for years. Batman is dust. "
And yet she still isn't close to Batman skill wise. "
I would love to see that fight.
#19 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
"Buffy would win. She has superhuman powers, is level-headed, and has trained for years. Batman is dust. "

Batman taken on more superior foes than her.
#20 Posted by Child Of The Dark Phoenix (83 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderpigbart said:
@Child Of The Dark Phoenix: Are they both or just Buffy bloodlusted? "
its in my first post. read.
#21 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Buffy might win, its been proven many times Batman is far from the best martial artist in DCU. What helps him win is his time to prepare and his ultity belt

but if Buffy gets the jump on him she might win

#22 Edited by Alexman113 (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman uses a flashbang against Buffy, wearing her NVGs. She is blinded, worse than normal, since NVGs enhance light.. Dominance ensues.
#23 Posted by protect ya neck (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy

#24 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman rapes her

#25 Posted by protect ya neck (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that before or after buffy flys him into the sun 

uses magic to snap his neck 

Lifts a train and throw it at him 

Buffy would win without her suped up version...Buffy with it stomps

#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, as far as enemie's she's nothing special she hasn't seen in any similar fashion before.

#27 Posted by protect ya neck (884 posts) - - Show Bio

buffy
#28 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's forget about argument: Buffy have superpowers, now.  This is  from  graphic novel  ,,Batman/Dracula Red Rain" - Batman is  defeated by some  random vamp . This is  vampire newborn,  newly sire vamp, yet Batman is  not match for her. And what Buffy do? She  slay vampires on  a daily basis. :)

#29 Posted by jasraj (4728 posts) - - Show Bio

it doesnt matter if buffy have superpowers, superman had superpowers and batman has beat him, batman has beat clayface, darkseid and even GODS, im pretty sure buffy wudnt be a challenge to batman , he has taken much stronger and superior foes than buffy.....

Batman easily
#30 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#31 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative: 
  Ha, love yours  argumentation ;)  You guys also ingoring scan from ,,Batman/DraculaRed rain"
jasraj   
Batman beat Superman? Yes, transport me into DC universe, give me  piece of kryptonite and I will beat him to. ;)  Batman  defeat Darkseid? Well he shoot him  if I remember correctly... Buffy   defeated goddess Glory in  direct flight, using troll hammer - yet she  don't need guns to  achieve victory. Batman  defeat  Clayface? So what? Buffy   defeated  hords of vampires, zombies, demons and uber-vamps and even god.  Wayn become Batman and start he's crusade against crime when he was 25 years old.  Buffy start  slaying vampires when she was 15 years old. :) And here is clip from  animated movie ,,Batman vs. Dracula" - Batman   got owned, no contest: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYkLwVqnzg

#32 Posted by Louisiana Bob (912 posts) - - Show Bio
@jasraj said:
" it doesnt matter if buffy have superpowers, superman had superpowers and batman has beat him, batman has beat clayface, darkseid and even GODS, im pretty sure buffy wudnt be a challenge to batman , he has taken much stronger and superior foes than buffy..... Batman easily "
wow.....just wow 

first...batman has never beaten superman...batman has never beaten darkseid....and even gods..darkseid is a god..."and even a god" do you even read comics? And you're comparing clayface to buffy who can survive in space..out race bullets..has complete and total invulnerability...strength enough to lift an entire train with one hand...and can see from country to country...really? Batman has taken out tougher..when...just shhhhh sit in the corner and watch the people ho know what they're talking about debate. Buffy doesn't need her superman powers to beat batman..she uses her "slayer sense" finds batman and proceeds to strangle him to death using magic
#33 Edited by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is Buffy? I remember her lifting an I-Beam or something once... but I also remember it took Angel, Gun, another vampire and two demons to move a one ton casket, and they weren't exactly having an easy time with that.

Never mind... just saw her lifting a train car. WTF?

#34 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy FTW! Even if she dies Willow would probs bring her back aha. :P

#35 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is she? Well in episode ,,Two to Go" from seson 6, she bent steel bars, in episode ,, Get It Done" from seson 7 she broke the chains, also  numerous times she kick demons so hard that they ended  flying into an air and crushing  into the wall. :)    Enough about her abilities -  more important is  question: why Batman wears he's  scary costume?  Entire point of this costume is to  intimidate criminals, gain the upper hand  in fight against  criminals who are a superstitious cowardly lot. ;) If he is so great in  hand to hand combat he wouldn't need  this costume or  gadgets.

#36 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

It is interesting  comparison: Batman is all about intimidation, and  inflicting fear, Buffy  on the other hand  is all about  defeating fears and  killng her's inner demon's. Batman  never fully accept  his parent's death and  build his entire life around this event, Buffy 
on the other hand  is accepting tragedies in her life and she's moving on with her life, she is  growing and evolving... Back to the  main subject: Batman  seems to have problems  with fighting, opponents  he can intimidate:

#37 Posted by allwalledup (36 posts) - - Show Bio

well since picard is showing all the bad shit i may as well show you some of batmans boss moments proving hes more than a match for a tramp who hunts vampires..

#38 Posted by The Stegman (25002 posts) - - Show Bio

The Goddamn Batman

#39 Posted by allwalledup (36 posts) - - Show Bio

so lets see here: batman has beaten: darksied, superman, amazo, bane, lex luthor, the joker, and the majority of his foes are much stronger than him. hes beaten some of the most powerful beings in the dcu and contunues to do so. buffy: she kills vampires. nuff said

#40 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

Just looking at the scan with his defeat of Darkseid, it involved prep and fore knowledge of a weakness, Buffy has a years prep here he has none, Buffys prep automatically includes the Scoobies, emphasis on Giles and Willow, and she also gets the drop on him.  Part of being the slayer is you add your training to the skill set of every slayer before you, which equals thousands of years of experience.

#41 Posted by Saren (25890 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had one year's prep and Batman didn't know I was coming, I'd win too.

#42 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:
If I had one year's prep and Batman didn't know I was coming, I'd win too.
Yeah, I think people are overlooking the one year prep thing and the element of surprise on top of the prep.
#43 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman lives on another day.

#44 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy wins...but only because she has a one year prep time;without it she would lose badly.

#45 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maxwell Lord the fourth said:

Buffy wins...but only because she has a one year prep time;without it she would lose badly.

she may lose, I don't think badly though, I mean what happens when he hits her with all his might or just some of his might and she doesn't budge, like she hardly ever does when superhuman people hit her, she usually hits right back, immediately.
#46 Edited by Void_Paladin (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Last I checked, she's not Super Buffy anymore. With one year to prep for Batman she will find out that he A. breaths fire B. Eats babies C. Is 12 feet tall and D. Is actually a bat-demon stronger than anything she ever faced. Honestly, she normally goes to Wes and Willow who dig up info via books. The amount of misinformation on batman is staggering. Batman should be able to take the one hit she might get via surprise attack. Summers is stronger and more durable than Bruce, however the bat has a nasty habit of using nerve strikes on durable, yet human opponents. She's faster but not by such a margin that he can't tag her. A few well placed nerve strike should handle this.

of course, this is all based on the bats habit of not using gadgets on martial artist most of the time. With Buffy in night-vision goggles, one well placed flash bang should disorientate her long enough for a few knock out pellets to do their job.

#47 Posted by allwalledup (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordOfAllHumans: yes perhaps, but when you strip down to the bare basics batman is more intelligent and in the end would over come buffy. she may be plaanning to kill him, but people like bane, darkseid and especially joker have been planning it bassicly their entire life, im not trying to act like batman would kick er ass in less than a second. hell hed probably get the shit kicked out of him quite a bit. as for getting the drop on him? even with a year i dont think thats ever happend to batman. hes extremely cacious of his surroundings and is ussually ready for anything. i just dont think buffy could win against someone like batman.

#48 Posted by allwalledup (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: but even with all her powers and abilities batman would eventually FIND a weakness. its what he DOES. batman doesnt have super strength or speed or agility. he uses his INTELLIGENCE to fight and he uses his parents death as a motivation rather than a thing to dwell on. it fuels him and drives him to overcome anything standing in his way and that's ussually why he wins. i understand buffy is very wise and strong but shes not cut out to kill the goddamn batman. btw both mik mignolas run on batman and the killing joke are both non canon in the dcu. just so you know...

#49 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4177 posts) - - Show Bio
@allwalledup said:

@LordOfAllHumans: yes perhaps, but when you strip down to the bare basics batman is more intelligent and in the end would over come buffy. she may be plaanning to kill him, but people like bane, darkseid and especially joker have been planning it bassicly their entire life, im not trying to act like batman would kick er ass in less than a second. hell hed probably get the shit kicked out of him quite a bit. as for getting the drop on him? even with a year i dont think thats ever happend to batman. hes extremely cacious of his surroundings and is ussually ready for anything. i just dont think buffy could win against someone like batman.

She's bloodlusted, she has prep and the element of surprise, he looks like a big demon vampy thing in his costume, she initiates the fight by swinging her scythe and decapitating him, end of battle.
#50 Edited by Picard (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@allwalledup said:

@Picard: but even with all her powers and abilities batman would eventually FIND a weakness. its what he DOES. batman doesnt have super strength or speed or agility. he uses his INTELLIGENCE to fight and he uses his parents death as a motivation rather than a thing to dwell on. it fuels him and drives him to overcome anything standing in his way and that's ussually why he wins. i understand buffy is very wise and strong but shes not cut out to kill the goddamn batman. btw both mik mignolas run on batman and the killing joke are both non canon in the dcu. just so you know...

Here is the thing... Batman is mainly fighting masterminds - skinny guys like Joker, Riddler, Mr. Zsasz - or fat, little ones ;) - like Penguin. They can be interesting characters but surely they don't posse great physical threat. Buffy on the other hand is not only stronger, faster and more durable than Batman, she fighting - on a nightly basis - creatures that are both stronger, faster and more durable than Batman. So in h2h fight - withouth prep - Buffy wins. And she don't need a year of preparations, nor the Scythe to do this. You say that he eventually will find her weakness... probably yes. But it is irrelevant to our discussion. "Killing joke" in non canon? So why Barbara Gordon is in a wheelchair? His obsession about parents death... well Ra's Al Ghul - yet another mastermind - used this very effectively against him in "JLA Tower of babel" didn't he? So I think it can be as much source of strength, as well it can be his Achilles heel. Sure, Buffy is not a genius like Batman - never was, never will be - but she also don't possess vast family fortune and unlimited time to study and develop their cognitive skills. Thats all don't change the fact that in straight fight I would bet on Slayer.

@Void_Paladin: Firstly you must prove that nerve strikes would work on her. :) Secoundly this is how Batman is "dealing" with faster, stronger and more durable more durable opponents in open fight: ;)