Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

Buffy Summers, the Vampire Slayer

vs.

Steve Rogers, Captain America.

But, this isn't a traditional match. Neither combatant has any weapon or anything. No stakes, no axes, no crossbows, no vibranium shield or body armor. Bloodsport rules apply, in that if you leave the ring you lose, if you submit, or if you are knocked out, you lose. Death is rare and killing is discouraged, but not illegal, and this is just a straight up martial arts fight between the two. Who wins?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gottheit

What, no takers?

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By iSHADOW

thats hard. i really dont wanna say buffy but she could very well take it i think.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gottheit

Oh, definitely, iShadow. I knew it would be a really great brawl. I mean, if you think about it, in terms of strength alone, Buff outclasses Cap. But, the Sentinal of Liberty has so much combat experience...I mean, I'm leaning Cap, but whoever wins, it won't be easy...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Apparition

how strong is buffy exactly?

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mantid

Cap ftw

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

I dunno, but she can easily outclass a grown man...I think she can break down an oak door by herself, no equipment. I can't find any specifics as to what she can benchpress...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Apparition

Gottheit says:

"I dunno, but she can easily outclass a grown man...I think she can break down an oak door by herself, no equipment. I can't find any specifics as to what she can benchpress..."

then i wouldnt assume she's stronger than captain america. he's as strong as a human being can be without being superhuman.

Kurtis Iverson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kurtis Iverson

Buffy is way stronger the Captain America. She has superhuman strength as do all Slayers, where as Apparition mentioned Cap is only peak human.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gottheit

Yeah, and she's decidedly superhuman. That's the specifics of her power, is that her strength surpasses that of human perfection. I'm not sure by how much, though. Probably it would only really matter if she were arm-wrestling Cap. Like, I don't think she could lift a car or anything, but she could smash it up with her punches and kicks, with relatively little damage being done to her limbs in the process. I know about Cap, man. I've been a major fan since before I can remember...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition

does she have super speed too? depending on how fast she is, she probably would beat cap then.

Kurtis Iverson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kurtis Iverson

She's as strong, fast, and has thee agility of a Vampire. She also has accelerated healing so yeah, Cap goes down in this one.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gottheit

Ahh, I know she's damned quick, though that's probably just because of how strong she is and how small her frame is. It probably takes people off-guard...I would guess she has supernatural speed, though it doesn't match anyone like Quicksilver or the like...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Apparition

Kurtis Iverson says:

"She's as strong, fast, and has thee agility of a Vampire. She also has accelerated healing so yeah, Cap goes down in this one."

you've convinced me.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gottheit

Hmm. Yeah, Buff seems to be the superior candidate in terms of, like, statistics and whatnot. But, I dunno, I'm still gonna go with Cap here...He's been fighting a lot longer, and has been fighting far deadlier opponents then some dusty old vampies...Plus, Cap knows more styles, and is far used to fighting opponents stronger and faster then himself...

Mickey1412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mickey1412

In a straight up fight, I'd have to say Buffy. With her reflexes and stamina alone she could probably wear down Cap, not to mention her strength. Sure he has decades of experience, but this is Buffy we're talking about. Supposedly she's the most powerful slayer in a very long time. Good match up though!

Avatar image for orrible_cabbage
Orrible Cabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Orrible Cabbage

Gottheit says:

"Hmm. Yeah, Buff seems to be the superior candidate in terms of, like, statistics and whatnot. But, I dunno, I'm still gonna go with Cap here...He's been fighting a lot longer, and has been fighting far deadlier opponents then some dusty old vampies...Plus, Cap knows more styles, and is far used to fighting opponents stronger and faster then himself..."

As far as fighting styles, every Slayer has the memories of the entire previous Slayer line. So, while she may not have been trained in (or explicitly used) all of the different styles and techniques, Buffy has all of the instincts and muscle memory of people who were trained in those styles.

If you take away her friends, weaponry, magic, etc., it would definitely level the field somewhat, but she is probably still going to win.
Post Edited:2007-08-03 04:40:23

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gottheit

Hmm...I guess your right...

betweenwars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By betweenwars

Kurtis Iverson says:

"Buffy is way stronger the Captain America. She has superhuman strength as do all Slayers, where as Apparition mentioned Cap is only peak human. "
Cap is beyond a SINGLE human in peak condition. It's a shame to see people underestimate the Super Soldier syrum.Kurtis Iverson says:
"She's as strong, fast, and has thee agility of a Vampire. She also has accelerated healing so yeah, Cap goes down in this one."
Not true. Buffy has the power of a demon. Vampires, in "this" plane of existance, are half-breeds, one, and the type of demon was never disclosed, two.Orrible Cabbage says:
As far as fighting styles, every Slayer has the memories of the entire previous Slayer line. So, while she may not have been trained in (or explicitly used) all of the different styles and techniques, Buffy has all of the instincts and muscle memory of people who were trained in those styles. If you take away her friends, weaponry, magic, etc., it would definitely level the field somewhat, but she is probably still going to win.
Post Edited:2007-08-03 04:40:23"
Wow, devistatingly false. Slayers have bits and pieces of previously Slayer's memories, but nothing beyond those flashes. Muscles memory is muscles, but the Slayer gains only the memories of the brain. Buffy had to be trained in every fighting style she knows, trained to use every weapon she picks up- simple as that.Ugh, beyond all that... horrible question. They would never fight. If I had to pick a victor, I say Angel with a KO in Round 3.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Post edited for grammar and grilled cheese sandwiches
Post Edited:2007-08-06 19:45:28
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Satyrquaze

Sorry, I've watched Buff get sucker-punched by newly-fresh-out-of-the-grave Vampires too many times.

Cap has been beating the hell out of (or just plain outclassing) guys a lot stronger than he is long before the Vampire Slayer of the 1970's was in diapers.

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By vegeta

kidding me right???????

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the creator

As Buufy has been taxed to her strength limit in various episodes by some vamps (like Angel), she may be only a little stronger than one. Now I don't know what the strength of a vamp is in the Buffyverse - but from the looks of things, it would seem to be at least about 4 - 5 times as strong as a human - so this puts Buffy's strength at around the 1000 - 1200 lb mark. We know her endurance and agility/reaction time are up there with vamps as well.

This would make their abilities similar to Marvel universe vamps and Cap has defeated Baron Blood before (with his shield I admit).

Cap is peak human in his physical abilities and perhaps a little enhanced (due to the SSS in his veins) on endurance as it helped eliminate fatigue poisons. This was the basis of his character - he is the best human possible - he does not rely on super powers to get the job done and as such was the inspiration he was to those around him.

So Buffy may be slightly quicker and stronger. For endurance I seem them both as equal. I also think that Buffy is likely more durable.

However Cap knows far more about Hand to Hand fighting than Buffy.

Overall, I don't see the slight physical advantages that Buffy has getting the win over Cap's fighting skills and experience.

Avatar image for fanofsuperheroes
fanofsuperheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By fanofsuperheroes

@betweenwars: Not exactly sure where you get your info from but slayers do have the inherent memories of all slayers before them and NO she has not had to train to use the weapons she knows. Case in point when Giles first starts to train Buffy she asks to start with the crossbow, where he proclaims that she needs to start with the basics before using a more experienced weapon. He hands her a Boa and she kicks his ass with it. He says, onto the bow then. Buffy's power does come from a Demon, a Pure demon, which is much more powerful than most of the creatures Buffy fights which makes her MORE powerful than the Vampires she kills.

Captain America is peak human, nothing more, the serum he took only brought him to the maximum of human efficiency. He is NOT superhuman.