#1 Edited by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Mills is an ex-CIA Agent and professional bodyguard who has been trying to get closer to his daughter. However, everything goes wrong when she is kidnapped by none other than Clyde Shelton, an ex-assassin and prep-lord who specializes in doing things discreetly, and with flawless timing.

-Both have their respective resources and contacts that they had in their movies

-Clyde has one year of preparation, and has something to prove (but we don't know what)

-Bryan has exactly one week to get her back

Who wins? Does Bryan use his "specific set of skills" to get his daughter back, or does Clyde's absurd intellect get the upper hand?

Do either of them die?

YOU DECIIIIIIDE.

#2 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen neither movie, but this seems like it would be a real clash of the titans. Based on what I do know, I would put my money on Clyde.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: ZOMFG. Watch them both now. Especially Law Abiding Citizen.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92990 posts) - - Show Bio

Takennnnnnnnnnnn. Such a good movie. Liam Neeson is the sex.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Takennnnnnnnnnnn. Such a good movie. Liam Neeson is the sex.

Liam Neeson...it's the new sex.

#6 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL I don't own either movie :p

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

I have seen neither movie, but this seems like it would be a real clash of the titans. Based on what I do know, I would put my money on Clyde.
#8 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Well then ACQUIRE both movies! Sheeeeesh.

#9 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

There are literally no video stores in this town anymore. We lost two blockbusters and a CD plus last year ):

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Clyde with 2 years of prep pretty much makes this a stomp for him.The man could put Batman to shame when it comes to prep. 
No offense to Mr Mills....his very special set of skills were most impressive...but Clyde would know everything about him and be prepared

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Clyde with 2 years of prep pretty much makes this a stomp for him.The man could put Batman to shame when it comes to prep. No offense to Mr Mills....his very special set of skills were most impressive...but Clyde would know everything about him and be prepared
#12 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

Little bump! Taking prep down to 1 year.

#13 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

Little bump! Taking prep down to 1 year.

1 year makes no difference. Mills has no idea who he's going up against and Shelton will still know everything about Mills.
#14 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

You gave Clyde 1 years prep!? Why do you hate Bryan!?

Clyde takes this.

#15 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: @Strider92: He had ten years in the movie and still got foiled by Ray Charles. One-tenth that time should make things pretty even.

#16 Posted by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Really? I need to watch the movie again. I thought it was only a year.

In that case I think it could go either way as Bryan has his contacts (Sam etc..) he can call upon to get some intel. Gonna say Bryan due to the fact he is just so damned determined.

#17 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

"Spies are a dime a dozen....Clyde is a brain."

#18 Posted by MisterWhisper (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Bryan got a lot of his things done by knowing the right people and being trained to deal with those kinds of things.

Clyde did almost everything on his own, planned WAY ahead of everyone else, did most of it from a jail cell, and is a much much more ruthless character.

Clyde shanks him with a T-bone.

#19 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper said:

Clyde shanks him with a T-bone.

So that's what he used! I kept wondering what the hell he stabbed that guy with.

#20 Posted by MisterWhisper (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I have feeling some militant vegan somewhere used that as an anti-meat argument...

#21 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight is over before it begins. Phone scenes from both movies come to mind.

Edit: And for the record, Bryan was making a judicial statement. It didn't matter whether or not he was foiled, just that he made the appropriate plans to tear down the copacetic lifestyle of careless political figures.

#22 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26109 posts) - - Show Bio

Gerald Butler stomps.

#23 Posted by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

There are literally no video stores in this town anymore. We lost two blockbusters and a CD plus last year ):

Tis' called Netflix free trial.

#24 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

This fight is over before it begins. Phone scenes from both movies come to mind.

Edit: And for the record, Bryan was making a judicial statement. It didn't matter whether or not he was foiled, just that he made the appropriate plans to tear down the copacetic lifestyle of careless political figures.

lol

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightm-"

#25 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear: And I'm shocked no one noticed I said Bryan instead of Clyde. I need another lobotomy.

#26 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: I noticed. ^_^ Just decided not to make an ass of myself by correcting something obvious.

#27 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: I usually just call Liam Neeson Taken and Gerard Butler Gladiator or Braveheart. It all works out for the best. I don't mind being corrected.

#28 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: If you don't mind being corrected, then why don't you call Gerard Butler 300? Gladiator and Braveheart are Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson, respectively.

#29 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Now you're just being anal.

#30 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: I, ha... hehehe... no comment. *gigglesnort*

#31 Posted by Joygirl (20146 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!