Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What an ugly battle, Brutaal of the nearly nonexistent feats vs Orion the whipping boy :(

Ironically, I'd say Orion wins due to actually showing he can operate on the same level as New 52 Superman/Wonder Woman/Firstborn.

As of yet, Brutaal hasn't shown that capacity. I mean, sure, we all assume he has it... but that's all it is. An assumption.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I wanna say Brutaal, but Orion is much more established with feats. Orion takes it on that alone.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

What an ugly battle, Brutaal of the nearly nonexistent feats vs Orion the whipping boy :(

Ironically, I'd say Orion wins due to actually showing he can operate on the same level as New 52 Superman/Wonder Woman/Firstborn.

As of yet, Brutaal hasn't shown that capacity. I mean, sure, we all assume he has it... but that's all it is. An assumption.

He broke Atom Smashers fingers, back handed him, ripped off his arm and then one shotted him. He beat down Alan Scott, literally stomped Dr Fate, kept up with Jay Garrick and broke his ankle after hitting him with Omega Beams, karate chopped and Omega Beamed through Steppenwolf, speed blitzed alien ships, his power ripped through part of earths surface and was shining off the side of the planet. Orion probably will not win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days

his power ripped through part of earths surface and was shining off the side of the planet.

That wasn't Brutaal

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days

his power ripped through part of earths surface and was shining off the side of the planet.

That wasn't Brutaal

Alright, let me restate then...he released Steppenwolf's power which ripped across the planet and simply stood in the midst of it.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Orion loses.

Pre-new 52 Orion wins.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BoringPerson

@ancient_0f_days: Please tell me of the incredible feats of all these wonderful characters you mentioned!

There are none. Atom Smasher's durability isn't exactly the most tried and tested of stats. Dr. Fate getting surprised and kicked in the head for KO again isn't particularly impressive, he has no durability feats to show except for that. Green Lantern was holding his own until he got double teamed and then Brutaal beat his disadvantaged face in. Backstabbing Steppenwolf is nice and all, but again give me some Steppenwolf durability feats. Blitzing SHIPS??!?!? Good Lord, Orion's never done anything comparable to blitzing a SHIP before!

Yeah, Brutaal's feats currently suck. Suck enough that Orion's keeping up with established powerhouses is still superior.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Orion loses.

Pre-new 52 Orion wins.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

1. He broke Atom Smashers fingers, back handed him, ripped off his arm and then one shotted him.
  2. He beat down Alan Scott,
  3. literally stomped Dr Fate,
  4. kept up with Jay Garrick and broke his ankle after hitting him with Omega Beams,
  5. karate chopped and Omega Beamed through Steppenwolf,
  6. speed blitzed alien ships,
  7. his power ripped through part of earths surface and was shining off the side of the planet.

Orion probably will not win.

1. Atom Smasher is a glass cannon, sure he has an "atomic punch", but he was dodging around guns and laser, implying that he couldn't tank them. And he fell to a Jay Garrick rookie punch.
  2. Alan is not that powerful, and he was fighting Steppenwolf at the same time.
  3. Before Dr Fate even shot off any spells or magic anything. It wasn't even a fight.
  4. Jay ran right in front of him and Brutaal wasn't able to see him, Jay dodged Brutaals speeding punch from like a foot away, and was running around the world faster then he had ever moved before and Brutaal only caught him cause he used Omega Beams. Jay is way way slower then light. And New 52 Superman was able to keep up with a FTL Barry Allen.
  5. Steppenwolf has no durability feats besides the speculation of being a new god.
  6. Not impressive in the slightest.
  7. He withstood a continent level blast, New 52 Superman has stated to shrug off supernovas.

I don't see why he shouldn't. He fought, albeit losing, to New 52 Superman who is just about 1 million times more powerful then Brutaal.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: except that Earth 2 Superman has been established as being stronger than Earth 0 Superman due to longer sun exposure. (And if you mention supernova level blasts in regard to that WIS with the elite, I may have to emoji slap you. One supernova would blow up our entire solar system and obliterate any planets inside at least a hundred light years. Hearing a panel saying he tanked an explosion from a star that requires 100x the mass of the sun that powers him seems like WIS. That a star has to be in RED giant stage to go supernova makes me shake my head at the level of scientific illiteracy that DC lets slide. My brother knew that was stupid in 2003, and he was eleven.)

On the topic of feats... Orion has few great feats besides getting beat up. Superman always holds back in his fights, and First Born was more interested in killing *Azarello* War. And Wonder Woman has been stated as being a powerhouse, yet has only shown it in her fight with Cheetah. Who was on a cliche stomp fest to establish her comic cred.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

• Atom Smasher is a glass cannon, sure he has an "atomic punch", but he was dodging around guns and laser, implying that he couldn't tank them. And he fell to a Jay Garrick rookie punch.
  • Alan is not that powerful, and he was fighting Steppenwolf at the same time.
  • Before Dr Fate even shot off any spells or magic anything. It wasn't even a fight.
  • Jay ran right in front of him and Brutaal wasn't able to see him, Jay dodged Brutaals speeding punch from like a foot away, and was running around the world faster then he had ever moved before and Brutaal only caught him cause he used Omega Beams. Jay is way way slower then light. And New 52 Superman was able to keep up with a FTL Barry Allen.
  • Steppenwolf has no durability feats besides the speculation of being a new god.
  • Not impressive in the slightest.
  • He withstood a continent level blast, New 52 Superman has stated to shrug off supernovas.

I haven't read a single issue of the New 52, but these things that I just read make me sad...:(

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: Incorrect, Earth 2 Superman is not necessarily equal or superior to Brutaal. Even if they are considered equal, E2 Superman he was stated to be superior to pre Justice League vol 1 Superman who couldn't even fly.

Earth 2 Superman also has the scrappy feat of getting overwhelmed by parades in issue 1, where 5 years behind continuity Justice League vol 1 Superman slaughtered dozens of them without breaking a sweat... using a truck as a bat.