• 0 results
#1 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle: Chess tournament, everyone plays everyone else, best 3 games out of 5.

Contestants:

Bruce Wayne (the godamn Batman)

Lex Luthor (bald guy who loves real estate)

Reed Richards (stretchy dude)

Doctor Who (Time Lord)

L (from Death Note)

Rules: Everyone is playing to win, best 3 out of 5 games, 1 hour (per player) games, allowed to talk to opponent (within reason... i.e. no yelling, constant chatter, threats, etc.). Everyone has basic knowledge of opponents.

How do they end up placing?

#2 Posted by DCB4Marvel (74 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as i like the other characters as well i think Luthor would come away the winner

#3 Posted by mextli (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd wager Doctor Who he is a walking dues ex machina of intellectual bad***ery

#4 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to manuvering pawns it would come down to doom and lex... Who would win?

*tosses a coin*

Doom

#5 Posted by mextli (648 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice: doom isnt in this, its Doctor Who

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

When it comes to manuvering pawns it would come down to doom and lex... Who would win?

*tosses a coin*

Doom

There's only one slight problem with your answer. I'll let you work out what it is. =)

#7 Posted by DCB4Marvel (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I just dont see anyone out smarting lex

#8 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Actualy sense the doctor can see all possible futures (Not something he always dose cause it can drive you insane) at once i cant see him loosing in chess.

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

Actualy sense the doctor can see all possible futures (Not something he always dose cause it can drive you insane) at once i cant see him loosing in chess.

When has he shown that ability?

#10 Edited by Superguy1591 (3245 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex is smarter than Bruce.

Reed is supposed to be one of the brightest intellects in the Marvel U, but I heard Doom is smarter and Lex has been compared to Doom the most by most comicbook readers.

Don't know anything about Doctor Who, so I'll eliminate him right off the back.

It'll come down to Lex and L, both would be a tough out.

I'll go L just to be fair.

#11 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (3956 posts) - - Show Bio

Pft.. Lelouch from Code geass schools them all

#12 Posted by Nefarious (19663 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman solos. 

#13 Posted by Immortal777 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex

He reg place with people like their chess pieces didn't he trick brainiac

#14 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by JediXMan (30266 posts) - - Show Bio

Playing what?

I'm assuming it's chess. I'll say the Doctor for now.

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Playing what?

#17 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Playing what?

Considering it's a chess tournament, I'd say you assume correctly. =)

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking it comes down to Lex and the Doctor. I'm leaning to wards the Doctor taking this.

#19 Edited by Kinasin_ (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. I still remember when he called out Mr. Terrific for using some trick when playing chest blindfolded against two other jla members.

#20 Edited by DCB4Marvel (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Battle: Chess tournament, everyone plays everyone else, best 3 games out of 5.

Contestants:

Bruce Wayne (the godamn Batman)

Lex Luthor (bald guy who loves real estate)

Reed Richards (stretchy dude)

Doctor Who (Time Lord)

L (from Death Note)

Rules: Everyone is playing to win, best 3 out of 5 games, 1 hour (per player) games, allowed to talk to opponent (within reason... i.e. no yelling, constant chatter, threats, etc.). Everyone has basic knowledge of opponents.

How do they end up placing?

@JediXMan: ^ he said its a chess tourny

#21 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

batman- he is second only to Lex in the DC universe, but he is a substantially better strategist

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10614 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor. 

#23 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex.

#24 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who takes first. Reed takes last.

#25 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how all the characters had something said about them that describes their abilities and potential to win, then L just gets "from Death Note."

#26 Posted by Strider92 (16252 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who is definitely first that guy is insanely smart even by comic standards.

#27 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom

#28 Posted by beatboks1 (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

How anyone believes anyone other than the Doctor is winning this is beyond me. The Doctor has been thousands of years into the future and still finds the technology of that era simplistic. His mind is so far beyond any other contender here it's ridiculous. He's defeated galactic empires with shear brains. He has limited telepathy and psychic ability that gives him a very distinct edge. His MUCH greater experience (being over 1000 years old). is another. His brain is such that he speaks and reads billions of languages. He has the tactical knowledge of billions of words from every time period. He wont drop a singe game against any of these opponents. Anything that Reed, Doom, Bruce, Lex or L have ever done he'll be aware of. The Time Lords spent most of their time "watching" the events throughout the time line on all worlds (something the Doctor did for his most of his first regeneration - the reason that that one attained teh form of a very old man)

#29 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10114 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with Lex, cus in Red Son he basiclly beat multiple people while read books and the only mistake he made was skipping a page. He was also said to be able to make Supes commit suicide by just talking to him.

#30 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird: And thats the picture of the least smart one here. Heck batmans a better detective and fighter plus he can also invent shit. All the other ones are super scientists.

#31 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne would come out on top.

#32 Posted by Joygirl (19388 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#33 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight.

#34 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor obviously... ...

Lex is close second.

#35 Posted by Dextersinister (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex, he is written well so him being smart seems plausible. The Doctor isn't that smart and is backed by a shocking amount of PIS.

#36 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5015 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins even though he isn't even in this match.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor get's my vote.

#38 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor, easily.

#39 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero92 said:

@Enemybird: And thats the picture of the least smart one here. Heck batmans a better detective and fighter plus he can also invent shit. All the other ones are super scientists.

Since when was there a correlation between being a scientist and being good in chess? You're also mentioning that batman is a better detective? Why? That is debatable but irrelevant.

#40 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor makes everyone on that list look stupid.

#41 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird: Cus he's always been known as the worlds greatest detective. He figured out Supes and Martian Manhunters weakness. Plus knew that MM was telepath right away. He's also an awesome Stratagist and has a backup plan for everything. Lex Luthor as stated in one of my other comments beat multiple people in chess while reading a book and learning a new language. DrWho...I dont know anything about him. L on the other hand let his enemy to close and got killed.

#42 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

L

#43 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1577 posts) - - Show Bio

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

L

my shortest reply ever

#44 Posted by Xaraghoul_the_Ravager (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I see the Doctor and a bunch of other chumps not on his level.

#45 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor wins this. His feats make him a multi-universe threat through out all of time.You would need to be Celestial or higher to have a better feat then the Doctor.

#46 Posted by dondave (36397 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor

#47 Posted by Pyrogram (36363 posts) - - Show Bio

doctor stomps

#48 Posted by WillPayton (9346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero92 said:

@Enemybird: Cus he's always been known as the worlds greatest detective. He figured out Supes and Martian Manhunters weakness. Plus knew that MM was telepath right away. He's also an awesome Stratagist and has a backup plan for everything. Lex Luthor as stated in one of my other comments beat multiple people in chess while reading a book and learning a new language. DrWho...I dont know anything about him. L on the other hand let his enemy to close and got killed.

Bruce Wayne let his enemy too close and got his back broken.

Just sayin'...

#49 Posted by TheCannon (18290 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed.

#50 Posted by Enemybird (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero92 said:

Based on everything I've seen and read from Death Note. I cant really imagine a scenario in chess where L is unable to anticipate a move from his enemy/opponent. Its true that L was killed as a result of Light's tactics. But he deduced Light's plan to relinquish the power of "Kira" temporarily only regain it at a later time so your point is moot.