Bruce Wayne v Tony Stark, on a desert island.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MuyJingo

Bruce Wayne (Pre N52) and Tony Stark have both been randomly teleported to a desert island.

They are only wearing street clothes. No gadgets, communications devices, nothing. No one is looking for them.

They have to get off the island, while ensuring the other person can't.

Who wins?

edit: to clarify, there is no physical fighting. They never come to blows, not once.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MuyJingo

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

Why? Isn't Tony meant to be a better engineer, so may be better at building something to get off the island?

They are not fighting each other physically here....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

@MuyJingo: Ah fair enough I didn't see that. However I will still go with Bruce. While Tony is the superior engineer you also said they have to stop the other getting off the island and due to Bruce's physical and skill superiority he should win.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Floopay

Id' say Tony.

Sure, Bruce Wayne can sneak in and sabotage Tony's equipment at night, but at the same time I think Tony could think of a way to keep Bruce away, as well as screw with Bruce.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 202122

Bruce in a stomp

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

+1

@MuyJingo said:

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

Why? Isn't Tony meant to be a better engineer, so may be better at building something to get off the island?

While Tony is indeed a better engineer, I don't think either of them could really outdo the other soo much that it would win them the scenario with the extremely limited resources that they have. You can only really build a raft and each one of them could build a proficient one. So therefore it's not a battle of who can build something better but it's a battle of survival.

Bruce on the other hand, has trained himself in the most extreme conditions imaginable. He can overcome ice and freezing temperatures just from sheer will power. He's a hunter and a fighter and can survive in conditions that most super heroes cannot.

While escaping and building a suit from scraps of metal is a great feat, he can't really build anything that would put him over the edge over batman. Not with the resources given here.

There is also your condition of ensuring that the other person can't get of the island and although a great inventor tony is. He is completely useless against Bruce in this department.

Ironman without his armour is Tony Stark.

Batman without his suit and gadgets is still Batman.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

bruce what make you think he would let tony build something one bat punch and tony is out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

Id' say Tony.

Sure, Bruce Wayne can sneak in and sabotage Tony's equipment at night, but at the same time I think Tony could think of a way to keep Bruce away, as well as screw with Bruce.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He doesn't need to sneak in at night. Bruce can walk straight up to Tony in broad daylight and he won't be able to do anything at all.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

@soaringturkeys said:

@Floopay said:

Id' say Tony.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He doesn't need to sneak in at night. Bruce can walk straight up to Tony in broad daylight and he won't be able to do anything at all.

Pshhhht, Tony will probably have crude weaponry, and he does have some training in hand to hand, not on Bat's level, but if Bruce jumps Tony, I don't put it past Tony to gank him.

I think people are forgetting this is morals on. I honestly see a morals on Batman taking the high road, whereas I see a morals on Tony re-defining the term "low road" and really testing Batman's moral code. And then after he gets back to civilization he'll go back and save Bruce...maybe....but he might.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Floopay said:

@soaringturkeys said:

@Floopay said:

Id' say Tony.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pshhhht, Tony will probably have crude weaponry, and he does have some training in hand to hand, not on Bat's level, but if Bruce jumps Tony, I don't put it past Tony to gank him.

I think people are forgetting this is morals on. I honestly see a morals on Batman taking the high road, whereas I see a morals on Tony re-defining the term "low road" and really testing Batman's moral code. And then after he gets back to civilization he'll go back and save Bruce...maybe....but he might.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Like i said before,

nothing they build with the limited resources that they have will give either one of them a distinct advantage. Sure Tony is a genius engineer but there are only so much you can do with a deserted island.

Batman on the other hand have trained in the worst conditions, have trained and experience with traps and all sorts of things that closely resemble this environment. Nothing that Tony can build, Bruce won't be able to anticipate.

Also, you are misinterpreting morals with agenda. It's beyond Batman's moral compas to kill anyone but it is in his agenda to keep Tony in this island. There is nothing in Batman's moral code about Tony stark & the island. He's left people stranded before.

Ironman without the Suit/technology is just Tony.

Batman without the Suit/gadgets is still Batman.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CalebHara

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emperorb777

Batman stomps

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Pokeysteve

Bruce is definitely the better puppet master, subterfuge artist, and tactician here.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sethlol

Batman stomps.

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerAssassin

Bruce easily.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By roboadmiral

While Tony has an advantage with high end technology, I think Bruce takes it in the sticks and stones realm of a desert island. He's much more physically capable giving him an easier time getting and arranging necessary materials. He'll have an easier time obtaining food as well, and he can always sabotage and rob Tony in the night if he needs to.

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SupermanWins465

Both die because it's a deserted island and lacks viable sources of sustenance. 

Draw. Island wins. 

Avatar image for incrediblebongobands
IncredibleBongoBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony still has Extremis right? What powers does it give him physically?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bane_of_sith

If this is extremis tony,Bruce better not try to get physical lol,,either way I will take tony here

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Add in Jack sparrow and his extremly luck leaves them both dangling on the island :P

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deadgod

Bruce

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theONEtaichou

Bruce kicks Tony in the 'nads, thus ensuring Tony never leaves! EVER! Then he batkicks the island and it moves and drops him off in Gotham.

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jean199999

@soaringturkeys said:

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

+1

@MuyJingo said:

@Strider92 said:

Mismatch. Bruce stomps.

While Tony is indeed a better engineer, I don't think either of them could really outdo the other soo much that it would win them the scenario with the extremely limited resources that they have. You can only really build a raft and each one of them could build a proficient one. So therefore it's not a battle of who can build something better but it's a battle of survival.

Bruce on the other hand, has trained himself in the most extreme conditions imaginable. He can overcome ice and freezing temperatures just from sheer will power. He's a hunter and a fighter and can survive in conditions that most super heroes cannot.

While escaping and building a suit from scraps of metal is a great feat, he can't really build anything that would put him over the edge over batman. Not with the resources given here.

There is also your condition of ensuring that the other person can't get of the island and although a great inventor tony is. He is completely useless against Bruce in this department.

Ironman without his armour is Tony Stark.

Batman without his suit and gadgets is still Batman.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sungod1988

Extremis tony doesn't have physical amps he took it out the genetics so that he could control his suit and technology. Batman waits for tony to sleep builds a minor raft then sets the island on fire around him making walls of flames.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MuyJingo

No Extremis, just the man. I thought I made that clear.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

This desert island theme has already been done before.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/batman-vs-ironman/673854/

Anyways I think Ironman would win. Knowing how smart Tony is, he would probably be able to create a device from coconuts that convert the oil in them into energy, then use that energy to turn the sand into glass, then from there he would make himself a new suit.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sungod1988

^ a Glass suit? He asking to get stabbed with his own suit lol

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Target_X

Since it's not a physical altercation, Tony wins. His entire character is built around engineering stuff.

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sungod1988

And Bruce is around survival and engeneering so I give it to Bruce in this one.

ndm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ndm5

Tony... He has literally been in this situation, but 10 times worse...

sungod1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sungod1988

So has Batman...for years and years

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dextersinister

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

This desert island theme has already been done before.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/batman-vs-ironman/673854/

Anyways I think Ironman would win. Knowing how smart Tony is, he would probably be able to create a device from coconuts that convert the oil in them into energy, then use that energy to turn the sand into glass, then from there he would make himself a new suit.

I am only aware of pre-crisis Lex luthor pulling of stupid things like that, regardless that would still be impossible given that you need factory level machinery to get the finer materials from scratch. At best you could make crappy explosives but Bruce would have that sort of knowledge from experience or reading up on it, Tony would just be guessing what he can use.

All the advantages are Batman's even the engineering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bruce, but not easily.

mhanuroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers