#1 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay,why not?Seriously i have no clue.

Help me out.

#2 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize all that,but Shang-Chi is what Bruc is in the comics.I just thought it would be a classic bout.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224211 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I often bicker with you with these Martial Art battle threads but seriously Bruce Lee would win. He was the Greatest Martial Artist ever. He could do things that literally no one else could do. Shang Chi is truly one of the best in Comics when it comes to Martial Arts but Bruce was the best ever. I have a VHS tape called Face to Face that show Bruce Lee at Martial Arts conventions knocking a man several feet away witha puch from only 3 inches away ! He could take a dime out of your open hand and put a nickel in there before you could close it. And this is stuff he does in the real world.

#4 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
"I realize all that,but Shang-Chi is what Bruc is in the comics.I just thought it would be a classic bout."
Shang Chi is a joke...."

Nah,thats something more in your direction.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224211 posts) - - Show Bio

Gannon Nereid says:

"I realize all that,but Shang-Chi is what Bruc is in the comics.I just thought it would be a classic bout."

Oh it would be a great bout. There is no question about that. I would pay what I paid to see that lousy Mayweather vs Hatton fight anyday to see Shang Chi vs Bruce Lee

#7 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
"Colt Python says:
"Gannon Nereid says:
Shang Chi is a joke...."
Nah,thats something more in your direction."
Shang Chi is supposed to be like Bruce Lee but he's not even top 10 in the Marvel Universe for hand-to-hand combat...Bruce Lee is the best ever."

Not even top 10????The guy is number one in the Marvel U.

Shang-Chi IS Bruce Lee.

#8 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Bruce Lee as the best living fighter ever and assume that he can pull off moves that a top tier comic martial artist can. So that leaves us with whether Bruce's eclectic blend of fighting styles could cope with Shang-Chi the Master of Kung Fu.

Shang's not the Master of Kung Fu for nothing. He's mastered all of the many styles of Chinese martial arts, including Bruce's two original learned styles of Wing Chun and Tai Chi Chuan. Shang is as good as it gets in those styles and can switch effortlessly from one to another.

Bruce is a master himself and while certainly no human practitioner can match the level of a comic character, Bruce can't be too far away. His movies dont do him justice as back then they would slow down the action so the viewer didnt get lost or think it was too unbelievable. Bruce's final style was a mix of everything that he felt worked in a fight, tailor made to fit his body and his talents. He incorporated boxing and wrestling moves and his ground game would have impressed the Gracie's.

Looking at them in this light it's a tough battle as the two are so very gifted. The writers even slipped some of Bruce Lee's philosophy into Shang's comics as Shang would look to "be like water" when taking on an opponent and would let take the easiest, and most direct path provided for him by his enemy. Both are just as likely to surprise the other with moves that they were not expecting as they are to not be surprised at all by anything their opponent does.

Judging it the way I am... I'm still torn so I'll get back to you later with my decision.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224211 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
Shang Chi is a joke...."
Shang Chi is no joke. He is better than Iron Fist ! And Iron Fist is a beast when it comes to Martial Arts in the Marvel Universe
Post Edited:2007-12-28 14:42:04
#10 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant believe this guy.

As i told Saturn,Iron Fist was too embarresed to even introduce Shang-Chi to Luke Cage because he was a better fighter.

WTF is wrong with you?

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224211 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
"Colt Python says:
"Gannon Nereid says:
Shang Chi is a joke...."
Nah,thats something more in your direction."
Shang Chi is supposed to be like Bruce Lee but he's not even top 10 in the Marvel Universe for hand-to-hand combat...Bruce Lee is the best ever."

Bruce Lee is the best ever I will agree with you on that.

#12 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?

Your embarassing.I cant believe you even would say that,Iron Fist studies Kung-Fu and is a beast at it,but Shang Chi is the master of Kung-Fu and has been a beast at it.

#13 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
"WTF? Your embarassing.I cant believe you even would say that,Iron Fist studies Kung-Fu and is a beast at it,but Shang Chi is the master of Kung-Fu and has been a beast at it."
I'm embarrassing..YOU SAID SHANG CHI IS NUMBER ONE IN MARVEL!!"

Cause he is.Prove me wrong.

#14 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"WTF is wrong with you saying he's number one in Marvel when that's not even close to true? Shang Chi may have been a better martial artist at that point ut as of late he's nowhere near Iron Fist."

Youre arguing over who's likely to win as opposed to who is the more skilled martial artist. Iron Fist would probably win a fight against Shang-Chi, because of the Iron Fist. He can increase himself to peak human with it and can deliver devastating blows with it. Shang-Chi on the other hand is a more skilled fighter, even though Iron Fist is much better than he used to be (and he's been getting a big push since they brought him back to life). Talking pure skill Shang-Chi is still among the top in Marvel and is still better than Captain America, Iron Fist or Black Panther, though each of them would probably beat him in a fight.

#15 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Your seriously going to sit here and tell me Shang Chi is a better fighter than Captain America,Black Panther,Wolverine,Daredevil,Iron Fist ect.?"

I just did. In skill he is better than all of them. But all of them would beat him in a fight with the exception of Daredevil.

#16 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Colt Python says:
"Your seriously going to sit here and tell me Shang Chi is a better fighter than Captain America,Black Panther,Wolverine,Daredevil,Iron Fist ect.?"
I just did. In skill he is better than all of them. But all of them would beat him in a fight with the exception of Daredevil."

Dont even bother man.

#17 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Gannon Nereid says:

"Dont even bother man."

After seeing this

Colt Python says:

"Daredevil could beat him easily.."

I wont.

#18 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"How can you say they can all beat him except for Daredevil and Wolverine is on that list..a person whom Daredevil happened to beat."

Realistically, Daredevil shouldnt beat Wolverine. But that aside, you cant judge whether A loses to B, because B beat C and A lost to C. Wolverine's claws make it so he can kill almost any normal human with one hit. That's all he needs. Daredevil on the other hand has to get in several well placed hits on Shang-Chi to take him out. Add to that that Wolverine's much stronger than Daredevil, possibly quicker and his skeleton elminates a lot of the normal attacks you would use. A normal person certainly shouldnt try hitting Wolverine in the head, and they cant use any of their attacks to break any of his bones. Dislocate something, pressure points, anything like that yes but then Wolverine knows those are the only attacks he has to watch out for. Wolverine should easily beat Shang-Chi or Daredevil.

But you cant say the same thing about Daredevil against Shang-Chi.

#19 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"This is ridiculous.Shang Chi is barely an asset to his team and all of a sudden people are saying is is top hand to hand in Marvel.Everyone keeps saying Wolverine should beat Daredevil but the fact of the matter is Daredevil is a better fighter than him and his radar sense gives him an edge.Not to mention it was Wolverine's own comic in which he lost to Daredevil.
Post Edited:2007-12-28 16:26:15"

If all you know about Shang-Chi comes from recently then I understand. He has a long history of being the best martial artist in Marvel. Before Wolverine was retconned as knowing martial arts and back when Daredevil was just an acrobatic boxer, Shang-Chi was the premier martial artist. They're raising Iron Fist now and Daredevil is a popular character but Daredevil and Wolverine were never as good as Shang-Chi.

Also, radar sense doesn't give you much of an edge in a hand to hand fight. Radar sense helps you recognize things that someone might not with just regular sight but in a hand to hand fight where your opponent has their eyes locked on you and there is nothing in the environment to use to help you, radar sense does nothing for you.

Having lost in your own comic doesn't necessarily mean anything. Most of Batman's, Thor's, Superman's the Fantastic Four's, and Hulk's (just to name a few) losses came in their own comics. Dont put too much weight into that. Losing in someone else's comic can be indicative of jobbing but losing in your own comic doesn't automatically mean that it was a legitimate fight.

#20 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I refuse to believe that.Shang Chi has done mostly nothing as of late.The only thing he did that impressed me was knock Paladin out and replace him with Captain America during Civil War when S.H.I.E.L.D came to capture Cap."

Some characters arent as popular as others. So you have to go deeper to get an understanding of their abilities. Look Shang-Chi up on Marvel's site and anywhere else you can find him. They'll tell you how good of a fighter he is. He's more skilled than all those guys we mentioned before and the only reason he would lose to them is because of their powers. Daredevil's powers wont really help him much in a hand to hand fight, other then putting him on equal footing with someone who can see, and that wouldnt be enough.

#21 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite Bruce Lee being as close to superhuman as a person can get in the real world, I'm going with Shang-Chi. Comic book martial artists don't play by real world rules.

#22 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Daredevil's powers do help him in fights..it helps him predict what his opponent will do.Shang Chi may be a goo fighter but I will never put him in the same category as the people I named.Skill doesn't mean nothing to me if you can't win a fight."

It's not much of a predicter. It's not like its spider sense. He can tell if a normal person is about to shoot a gun because their heart rate increases, he can tell if a normal person is about to throw a punch because of the subtle changes of their bodies.

But Shang-Chi is a master martial artist. He fights in a relaxed state so there are no tell tale signs. Plus because of repeated practice, his movements are much quicker than a normal human's and he has been displayed showing the same levels of quickness as Daredevil, so Daredevil doesn't have any advantage over him. Well Daredevil is probably stronger but Shang-Chi would have more than enough hitting power because of his training.

Skill doesn't mean anything if you can't win a fight? I know what you meant by that but youre ignoring the point. That statement applies when talking about Shang-Chi and someone he can't beat with just skill. Skill doesnt mean anything in the fights he cant win, those fights against people whose powers would keep him from winning just as I said (all the others in that list). But Daredevil doesn't have those types of powers. Daredevil needs to be as skilled or more skilled than Shang-Chi to win, but he isnt.

#23 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Alexander Anderson says:

"Despite Bruce Lee being as close to superhuman as a person can get in the real world, I'm going with Shang-Chi. Comic book martial artists don't play by real world rules."

That's the easy answer Alexander, but I've been trying to even them both out and look solely at skill to make it more of a debate.

#24 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Alexander Anderson says:
"Despite Bruce Lee being as close to superhuman as a person can get in the real world, I'm going with Shang-Chi. Comic book martial artists don't play by real world rules."
That's the easy answer Alexander, but I've been trying to even them both out and look solely at skill to make it more of a debate."

Fair enough. Disregarding all the comic-silliness, I think Bruce might pull it off; what with his more varied training in the martial arts. But then again, if Shang Chi really is a master of every style of Chinese martial arts, that's a pretty tall order for anyone.

#25 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Colt Python says:
"Gannon Nereid says:
Shang Chi is a joke...."
Shang Chi is no joke. He is better than Iron Fist ! And Iron Fist is a beast when it comes to Martial Arts in the Marvel Universe
Post Edited:2007-12-28 14:42:04"

hey! what? eh? um? better than iron fist? ah? wha? when?

#26 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

the truth of the matter is shang chi is marvels copy of bruce in a comic... if bruce was portrayed in any comic he would always win... thats ow he would be written

#27 Posted by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"You know I often bicker with you with these Martial Art battle threads but seriously Bruce Lee would win. He was the Greatest Martial Artist ever. He could do things that literally no one else could do. Shang Chi is truly one of the best in Comics when it comes to Martial Arts but Bruce was the best ever. I have a VHS tape called Face to Face that show Bruce Lee at Martial Arts conventions knocking a man several feet away witha puch from only 3 inches away ! He could take a dime out of your open hand and put a nickel in there before you could close it. And this is stuff he does in the real world."

So if he displayed these feats in the comic, he would be considered to have super powers, speed and strength.

#28 Posted by Darth Malek (86 posts) - - Show Bio
@Forever: plus Shang Chi easily whupped Spiderman's ass in the Ultimate universe though it wasnt canon, spiderman still had all his powers and Shang Chi was only a teenager at the time, not even at the full level of his skill
#29 Posted by DeathDefyingDevil (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gannon Nereid:
it would be a total draw
neither would come out the strongest one.