• 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Bruce Lee is fighting Hercules from the TV Show

No weapons or prep. They fight where Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris faught in Bruce Lee Return Of The Dragon.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee.

#3 Posted by Sparky_BW (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Bruce Lee.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Bruce Lee.

#5 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee

#6 Posted by Silent_Flesh (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this and was going to flag it as a curb stomp until I saw kevin sorbo as Hercules LOL

Ummm Bruce Lee! wins by fatality

#7 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce lee's kicks and punches are strong, lethal and accurate, and he can aim for weak points on the human body. bruce lee wins

#8 Posted by ChaoticSuperman (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

bruce lee's kicks and punches are strong, lethal and accurate, and he can aim for weak points on the human body. bruce lee wins

#9 Posted by nishi99 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee FTW

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16265 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee got this!!!

#11 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee

#12 Posted by ShootingNova (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee breaks all the bones in his body and sells his head.

#13 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving this one to the Dragon

#14 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules has a huge advantage in striking power and durability, but is imprecise has relatively low hand to hand skill. If he manages to hit Bruce it may drop him in one, or at the very least hurt him quite badly.

The above fight shows his durability. In it he is thrown around like a rag doll by Gilgamesh, and yet was relatively unharmed, even after being punched clear across the room.

I doubt Bruce could hurt him unfortunately, and Hercules has the stamina to outlast him, so this is a stomp in his favor. I can't really think of a counter argument that would lead me to believe that Bruce could ever win this.

Unless this is actually Bruce vs Kevin Sorbo, in which case it's an utter stomp in Bruce's favor.

#15 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

Bruce Lee.

#16 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

He beat Chuck Norris both in the movie, and in a real martial arts tournament.

#17 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

Hercules has a huge advantage in striking power and durability, but is imprecise has relatively low hand to hand skill. If he manages to hit Bruce it may drop him in one, or at the very least hurt him quite badly.

The above fight shows his durability. In it he is thrown around like a rag doll by Gilgamesh, and yet was relatively unharmed, even after being punched clear across the room.

I doubt Bruce could hurt him unfortunately, and Hercules has the stamina to outlast him, so this is a stomp in his favor. I can't really think of a counter argument that would lead me to believe that Bruce could ever win this.

Unless this is actually Bruce vs Kevin Sorbo, in which case it's an utter stomp in Bruce's favor.

This ^ its not about who you like more it is about who would win and the above argument hits it dead on.

#18 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

He beat Chuck Norris both in the movie, and in a real martial arts tournament.

That was a movie. This is just supposed to be real life Bruce Lee I think.

Don't see how he could win.

#19 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: my second statement is not a movie but real life.

#20 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Baldy: my second statement is not a movie but real life.

How does that feat qualify him beating Hercules. Even if it is the tv show version.

Durability and Strength are the main factors. Lee cant win if he cant hurt him.

I like Lee more, Doesnt mean he wins here.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Lee supposed to hurt Hercules here? Even in the show, Hercules' durability will easily allow him to withstand any of Lee's blows and a few well placed strikes from Hercules could easily put him down.

Moderator
#22 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Baldy: my second statement is not a movie but real life.

Martial arts tournaments arn't real fights and as such are irrelevant.

#23 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: I just saw the vid above, nothing real life bruce lee couldn't have done. I don't think you can comprehend the level of a world class martial artist. Look what Jackie can do, and Bruce beat him with less than one round back in china when Chan was at his peak.

if the quality is too bad, he holds a normal chiken egg with his hands and breaks the bricks while leaving the egg unharmed.

#24 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: I think you are overestimating human abilities friend.

Bruce Lee was an innovator and a master of his craft but he was human.

Comparing human abilities to superhuman ones isnt quite fair.

#25 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: what Jackie did in that vid is better than what is shown in the vid on page one. I never really saw the show, but the only thing super-human in that vid was a really high jump.

#26 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: It doesnt matter.. The fact that you havent seen the show is why you dont know how durable Herc is.

Are you familiar with Hercules in any way? Show Hercules is a joke but its still Herc...

I dont see a normal human taking him down.

Where as a punch or two from a super powered individual is enough to be fatal.

#27 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: Unless of course you're Captain America, Batman, or Teen Titans cartoon Robin.

#28 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: what super-power? I know who herc is, but that is irrelevant according to Rolan Bar's Death of the author. Myth Herc or comic herc are irrelevant.

@KMART4455: @Baldy: if you have any better feats for herc tell me. I thought that vid was the best feat in the show. I'll be glad to accept defeat if you show me feats, or at least tell me what he did that makes the show version so strong :) for now Bruce breaks him

#29 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@KMART4455: Unless of course you're Captain America, Batman, or Teen Titans cartoon Robin.

Ok true.. But even they have qualities or something that puts them above normal humans. Serum, Money, Agility and so on...

Plus Cap is pushing the whole human thing in fairness lol... SSS puts him above us.

#30 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: captain is super human due to serum. and batman and robin have prep and gadgets. BUT I see where your going with this. Nick fury defeated people who can lift cars and break walls, and he did it with hand to hand combat.

Nick Fury disagrees:

#31 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: You're really overegging Bruce Lee here. He's good but Hercules is far stronger, more durable and will last longer. Hercules definitely wins here.

#32 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: ok then, don't run away like the last 2 users. tell what show version Herc did that should shut me up.

#33 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@KMART4455: what Jackie did in that vid is better than what is shown in the vid on page one. I never really saw the show, but the only thing super-human in that vid was a really high jump.

The video wasn't posted to show strength, there are no real strength feats in it. I posted it to show that Bruce can't hurt Hercules, he just doesn't have the power. Gilgamesh launched him across the room with a monster punch and it didn't even hurt him.

Had Bruce been hit like that he would likely have broken ribs at minimum and be out of the fight.

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@KMART4455: what Jackie did in that vid is better than what is shown in the vid on page one. I never really saw the show, but the only thing super-human in that vid was a really high jump.

Not in the slightest. Breaking is a well known gimmick and requires little to no skill or strength, it's simply a flashy and rigged demonstration that has been debunked over and over again.

Even bringing up breaking suggest to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I guess all of these kids and ninja masters as well, capable of bending steel bars and leaping clear over five miles in a single bound. Seriously, try again...

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@KMART4455: @Baldy: if you have any better feats for herc tell me. I thought that vid was the best feat in the show. I'll be glad to accept defeat if you show me feats, or at least tell me what he did that makes the show version so strong :) for now Bruce breaks him

No, it was merely a feat. A simple demonstration that Hercules is durable enough that no other factor in the fight matters. If Bruce can't hurt him, which he can't, then nothing else matters.

Hell, if this is full power Hercules from the show, then it's even more of a stomp as there have been a couple times that he was given full godhood.

#34 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee wins for the share fact that he kicked Chuck Norris ass! I mean come on he beat Walker Texas Ranger!

#35 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Bruce certainly isnt being used to the best of his abilities here - yes he is fast,strong,accurate with kicks and punches but who's to say that he wont use Hercules own momentum against himself, is Hercules going to be able to get out of a well placed choke hold, arm bar or a whole assortment of traps,locks and holds that Bruce is more than capable enough to deliver.

After realising that his punches arent really damaging hercules due to durability then Bruce uses his grapple game - and wins...........

#36 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: Read what has said. If someone as powerful as Gilgamesh, someone who is described as "two thirds god and one third man" couldn't hurt Hercules, what chance does a peak human martial artist, Bruce Lee have?

#37 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedi Wolverine said:

I think that Bruce certainly isnt being used to the best of his abilities here - yes he is fast,strong,accurate with kicks and punches but who's to say that he wont use Hercules own momentum against himself, is Hercules going to be able to get out of a well placed choke hold, arm bar or a whole assortment of traps,locks and holds that Bruce is more than capable enough to deliver.

After realising that his punches arent really damaging hercules due to durability then Bruce uses his grapple game - and wins...........

Yeah, genius. Bruce sacrifices all of his speed and mobility and then simply get's one-shot by Hercules. Great strategy.

You realize that Hercules could simply shrug and break any lock that Bruce can put him in right?

#38 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger:

@Baldy: ppfft, what was shown in the kids vid is nothing, even I can break those. what jackie did was a lot harder.

again, you have failed to prove giga's or herc's abillities with feats.

#39 Edited by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

  

  Pros:   
Durability:  He is able to withstand Ares's blows who, arguably, has super-strength 
Strength:  He is able to go toe-to-toe with Ares and then pin him to the ground. 
  
  
  Cons: 
Slow:  He gets hit a lot.   
Not Pain-proof:  He can still feel each blow (based on this video) EDIT: I don't know if Xena has super-strength as well.
 
Just some vids for Hercules feats.
#40 Posted by Jedi Wolverine (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Jedi Wolverine said:

I think that Bruce certainly isnt being used to the best of his abilities here - yes he is fast,strong,accurate with kicks and punches but who's to say that he wont use Hercules own momentum against himself, is Hercules going to be able to get out of a well placed choke hold, arm bar or a whole assortment of traps,locks and holds that Bruce is more than capable enough to deliver.

After realising that his punches arent really damaging hercules due to durability then Bruce uses his grapple game - and wins...........

Yeah, genius. Bruce sacrifices all of his speed and mobility and then simply get's one-shot by Hercules. Great strategy.

You realize that Hercules could simply shrug and break any lock that Bruce can put him in right?

Oh God No - one does not simply just shrug off locks - they arent based on strength per se - more leverage and positioning and obviously technique comes into play - Bruce trumps Hercules with this.

You try and 'go against the grain' with certain bars/locks etc your going to do yourself more damage especially if you don't know a way to counter - Hercules could even play into Bruce's hands here quickening a win

#41 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: For someone whose user name is 'Killer of Trolls' you seem to be acting like one atm. Look at the videos posted where Hercules breaks out of Ares' hold. Ares' hold would definitely be harder to break out of than Bruce Lee's. It's quite silly to state based on feats that a mere human can beat a demi god. Did you see how far Ares kicked him? Did Herc look seriously injured? What more proof is needed?

#42 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Lvenger:

@Baldy: ppfft, what was shown in the kids vid is nothing, even I can break those. what jackie did was a lot harder.

again, you have failed to prove giga's or herc's abillities with feats.

What?! Jackie Chan, a trained and highly fit adult managed to preform a better physics gimmick than some little kids?!

There is literally nothing impressive about that Jackie Chan clip. As I've already explained to you. Breaking is a gimmick, not a feat.

What other feats do I need to post? I've demonstrated already that Hercules cannot be harmed by Bruce.

You just have to look at the intro to see him smash a giant.

#43 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: oh boy, here we go, that is the easy way out. I am not acting like a troll. I don't know how strong herc or ares are because there are no feat. using titles such as Demi-god or god as proof for anything is a basic battle forum troll cliche, so I can say the same for you, but I didn't want to go that low. that's like the idiot back in animevice who said thor could beat Lord of Nightmares because he is a god and can do anything, while we tried hard to explain to him that LON is a multiversal reality warper. if herc never did any thing proving his assumed strengh then it doesn't count in battle forum.

#44 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jedi Wolverine said:

@Baldy said:

@Jedi Wolverine said:

I think that Bruce certainly isnt being used to the best of his abilities here - yes he is fast,strong,accurate with kicks and punches but who's to say that he wont use Hercules own momentum against himself, is Hercules going to be able to get out of a well placed choke hold, arm bar or a whole assortment of traps,locks and holds that Bruce is more than capable enough to deliver.

After realising that his punches arent really damaging hercules due to durability then Bruce uses his grapple game - and wins...........

Yeah, genius. Bruce sacrifices all of his speed and mobility and then simply get's one-shot by Hercules. Great strategy.

You realize that Hercules could simply shrug and break any lock that Bruce can put him in right?

Oh God No - one does not simply just shrug off locks - they arent based on strength per se - more leverage and positioning and obviously technique comes into play - Bruce trumps Hercules with this.

You try and 'go against the grain' with certain bars/locks etc your going to do yourself more damage especially if you don't know a way to counter - Hercules could even play into Bruce's hands here quickening a win

All of the leverage in the world isn't going to help you against a guy with super strength.

Let me guess, you think this is a legit feat because Black Panther has 'leverage' on Silver Surfer.

I repeat. Hercules cannot be harmed by Bruce.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: Well look at the legitimate feats of strength and durability here and try and stick to your viewpoint that Bruce Lee wins.

@Baldy: Oh I miss that show. Hercules is my favourite mythological hero and I loved that show when I was a kid.

#46 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy: why didn't you post the clip with him beating the giant in the first place? oh and stop saying it's a gemmik, it takes alot of time to learn it the technique.

#47 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: that giants beating feat was good enough. all Bruce has over him is a bit of speed, but if you showed me he could beat giants earlier that would have been different.

#48 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Baldy: why didn't you post the clip with him beating the giant in the first place? oh and stop saying it's a gemmik, it takes alot of time to learn it the technique.

Mostly it seemed unnecessary. If one combatant can't even harm another it's pretty obvious who is going to win.

@Lvenger said:

@Baldy: Oh I miss that show. Hercules is my favourite mythological hero and I loved that show when I was a kid.

Never liked the show myself, or Xena, her sidekick was cute though.

#49 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX: i know Hercules in the TV show is a serious downgrade of the Hercules we know. However he is still super strong and with serious vulnerability and endurance to physical attack. Bruce lee would land the most shots but i doubt if he can KO him. Hercules wins in the long run after lee runs out of steam. Herc needs only to connect one shot and its all over in a mighty stomp!

#50 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Baldy: why didn't you post the clip with him beating the giant in the first place? oh and stop saying it's a gemmik, it takes alot of time to learn it the technique.

Mostly it seemed unnecessary. If one combatant can't even harm another it's pretty obvious who is going to win.

diffidently necessary. in the start you showed me herc beating a random black guy, that I am supposed to beleive he is strong because of statements that he is 2/3 of a god.