• 61 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by youngpotter (138 posts) - - Show Bio

The criminals are ruthless and relentless, and are armed with bats, chains, crowbars, and wood planks.

Lee is unarmed.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you ever watched a bruce lee movie? in enter the dragon he went through a room full of karate guys armed with all those things and housed them...he'd take 4 easy

#3 Posted by WillPayton (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the criminals. If they're dumb then I think Bruce can take them, but if they'e smart they can win. If they rush him from all sides Bruce will be able to put the hurt on one or two, but one will get through and grab him... and possibly take him down. Either way, once he's immobilized for a few seconds the others will mess him up.

If it was 4 unarmed criminals then I'd say Bruce wins most of the time, maybe 9/10. But armed as they are, Bruce only wins like 4/10.

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

Have you ever watched a bruce lee movie? in enter the dragon he went through a room full of karate guys armed with all those things and housed them...he'd take 4 easy

You do realize movies arent real life, right?

#5 Posted by mike23 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

Have you ever watched a bruce lee movie? in enter the dragon he went through a room full of karate guys armed with all those things and housed them...he'd take 4 easy

So true i remember him taking on multiple people.... Also Bruce Lee was fast enough in Return Of the Dragon he threw multiple darts at people hands causing them to drop his weapons. Bruce unarmed has dodged many hit with weapons then steals them from the person hes fighting... Do to Bruces super speed i'm going with him.

#6 Posted by batman_begins (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen clips of Bruce training (since i took up Jeet Kune Do when i was little) and the "dojo" was showing clips of him. Unbelievable hand speed and power, really. Bruce's frame is lithe but man, the dude can seriously punch and kill you with a kick. If the thugs are without firearms, 5 or even maybe 6 of them, he can still win.

Which btw, you guys have seen Ip Man right? where Donnie Yen fights off 10 martial artists! :D Batman!!

#7 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee's kicks had to be slowed down for the movies.

He gives all 4 the chun li treatment

#8 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: you do know bruce lee actually fought gangs off people while growing up? the whole "bruce lee story" is based off true life events (minus the samuri part) so him fighting the cooks and everything, which is documented as really happening would be the same as this scenerio. This isn't some steven segal action hero who can't really fight we're talkin about..this is bruce f'n lee

#9 Posted by nickzambuto (12843 posts) - - Show Bio

Real life Bruce Lee can take this.

#10 Posted by WillPayton (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

@GLforHIRE said:

@WillPayton: you do know bruce lee actually fought gangs off people while growing up? the whole "bruce lee story" is based off true life events (minus the samuri part) so him fighting the cooks and everything, which is documented as really happening would be the same as this scenerio. This isn't some steven segal action hero who can't really fight we're talkin about..this is bruce f'n lee

I did say Bruce can win. But honestly, if the criminals are smart, then it's 4 on 1, and all one of them needs to do is jump in and grab Bruce and slow him or take him down. Bruce is fast and skilled and tough, but one good shot from a metal weapon will break a bone, do internal injuries, or worse. If they surround him and rush him, sorry, Bruce cant cover 360 degrees all at once, someone will get through and grab him.

#11 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: attacking all at once doesnt mean they attack at the same exact moment...someone will reach him before another does and its not like it takes long for a skilled martial artist to take someone down let alone bruce lee...I my earlier days when i took training for my sora lisence, i've seen 1 guy take on mupltiple people and handle himself. Sure eventually someone would get a lucky hit or he would get overwelmed but its a very winable fight for someone who can use their hands and fight as a weapon. you say the criminals are smart, but its not like their master strategist...they would bum rush him jab here, kick there, hip toss here etc..very doable for a limited time. also whats to stop him from unarming them? or even taking their weapoin and using it himself since bruce did use weapons.

#12 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce it's only 4 v 1 after all :P

#13 Posted by nick_hero22 (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce gets killed, martial arts aren't that effective in real life especially traditional fighting forms.

#14 Posted by Dumbseid (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Bruce gets killed, martial arts aren't that effective in real life especially traditional fighting forms.

Dude seriously go into your nearest mixed martial arts dojo and say real life martial arts aren't worth jack sh*t and see how long you live

the average criminal would last less than 20 seconds in a boxing ring yet alone survive against a real top tier martial artist

I agree a lot of Bruce Lee stuff is hype, legend, myth and hearsay

but to be fair to him he had insane skills that impressed even today's best tournament winners, impress top cage fighters, impress today's best martial artists,

Bruce had insane speed, he fought and beat people in amateur boxing championships,

Lee was so much faster and so much more skilled than your regular fighter that he could easily intercept/deflect/counter let alone simply block an attacking gangs best

sometimes depending on the HK tv series he was making, depending on the movie, he got into fights on movie sets every week,

he could floor someone with a one inch punch....DOCUMENTED and vid on the net.....I would put my money on Lee

#15 Posted by Joygirl (18453 posts) - - Show Bio

Lee stomps. His legend is much more than just hearsay, since he was actually badder-ass in real life than in his movies. They had to slow him down to be able to SEE him. He isn't the best because he'd be unable to beat 4 normal people.

#16 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee

#17 Posted by Sherlock (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Bruce gets killed, martial arts aren't that effective in real life especially traditional fighting forms.

You do realize that ay form of fighting that isnt just random brawling is considered martial arts correct?For example Boxing is a form of martial art.Do you truly believe that Boxing isnt that effective in a real life situation.Also there is no true form of martial arts that is ineffective.Movie styles are as are tournament styles but those are both fake.I would assume those are what your thinking of when you say "martial arts"

#18 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

#19 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

There's no gun in this thread.
#20 Posted by Sherlock (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

There is no gun in this topic and if you read what i said and what i was replying to then it has no relevance anyway

#21 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

There is no gun in this topic and if you read what i said and what i was replying to then it has no relevance anyway

What I meant was that boxing, contrary to what you stated, is not effective in real life situations. I.e. situations involving firearms or even just standard street weapons for that matter.

#22 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

There is no gun in this topic and if you read what i said and what i was replying to then it has no relevance anyway

What I meant was that boxing, contrary to what you stated, is not effective in real life situations. I.e. situations involving firearms or even just standard street weapons for that matter.

So... Any situation that does not involve a firearm is not a real life situation?
#23 Posted by Sherlock (7230 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Sherlock:

"When you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

There is no gun in this topic and if you read what i said and what i was replying to then it has no relevance anyway

What I meant was that boxing, contrary to what you stated, is not effective in real life situations. I.e. situations involving firearms or even just standard street weapons for that matter.

IN this case you would have to say Boxing isnt effective in ALL real life situations.Yes if a person has a gun then Boxing skill wont help you much but if your getting mugged by a large unarmed guy then yes that would be very useful information.The same is true for school yard bullies and fights against an armed opponent.To be fair Boxing skill would be useful in any fight that involves melee combat.

#24 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

So... Any situation that does not involve a firearm is not a real life situation?

I don't remember saying that. Do you?

#25 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese said:

@Ferro Vida said:

So... Any situation that does not involve a firearm is not a real life situation?

I don't remember saying that. Do you?

First you say: 
 
@royale_with_cheese said:

boxing is not effective in real life situations.

You go on to clarify: 
 
@royale_with_cheese said:

 I.e. situations involving firearms or even just standard street weapons for that matter.

Because we all know bar fights are totally fake.
#26 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida:

#27 Edited by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Chains, Bats, Crowbars? Four grown men using these kind of weapons, unless they are mentally challenged, would beat Bruce Lee to death. Same with any martial artist. Martial arts are most effective as a sport, when it comes to real life situations it makes a lot less impact.

#28 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: Oh, that's clever. You used the pic I posted when you were trolling me. Clearly I underestimated you.
#29 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@royale_with_cheese: Oh, that's clever. You used the pic I posted when you were trolling me. Clearly I underestimated you.

Ha! That never occurred to me, since you've obviously considered the fact you're not the only site user who has posted the same image.

#30 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: I can't even give you credit for being ironic? That's too bad.
#31 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: You're not a mod. I couldn't care less about receiving credit from the likes of you ;D

#32 Posted by Ferro Vida (34671 posts) - - Show Bio
@royale_with_cheese: Mods can't really give credit for anything... I don't know why getting credit from a mod would matter to you.
#33 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Mods give approvals. That's about as close to receiving credit as you're going to get from this sight. Everything else, I take with a grain of salt.

#34 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce.

#35 Posted by livinghorror (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee

#36 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Bruce could do it

#37 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee, he was a real badass martial artist and not one of those for movie fighters, he'd take four armed baddies down as easy as one could take down four armed baddies.

#38 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce would whip all their asses. Anyone who says boxing isn't a martial art or doesn't apply in a street fight either has never been in one or can't fight period. That's asinine.

#39 Edited by nick_hero22 (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Bruce gets killed, martial arts aren't that effective in real life especially traditional fighting forms.

You do realize that ay form of fighting that isnt just random brawling is considered martial arts correct?For example Boxing is a form of martial art.Do you truly believe that Boxing isnt that effective in a real life situation.Also there is no true form of martial arts that is ineffective.Movie styles are as are tournament styles but those are both fake.I would assume those are what your thinking of when you say "martial arts"

I never said that all martial arts aren't that effective but the truth is that majority of them won't help in a real life situation and could possibly get you killed. Boxing is a pretty good form of fighting, but it also depends on the user of the style not so much of the style it's self and boxing wouldn't be that effective against 4 armed men with serious intentions on harming you. Yes, the reason most martial arts look so good is because during fighting demonstrations they are choreographed and the participates never go all out during these scenarios. It's funny how much people on here overrated martial arts in general, I would put a skilled brawler who actually has real life fighting experience over a martial artist who spars against opponents who never really go all out and has to use rules during fighting.

#40 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Just against regular off the shelf stuff? Bruce Lee wrecks them. In a flash he's already disarmed 1 guy and taken the weapon and proceeds to put the other 3 out.

Without weapons made to kill (i.e. blades and guns), the thugs don't stand a chance

#41 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

It says they have a crowbar if you get hit the head or body with that it probably would kill you.

#42 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't read the thread but if anyone thinks Bruce Lee is taking on four armed attackers out to kill him, it must be nice seeing the world through Steven Seagal's piss-colored sunglasses.

#43 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear: You've obviously never heard of Bruce's troubled days when he was consistently taking out gangs and thugs on the streets...

#44 Posted by ThanoStomp (780 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Lee stomps.

Real life Lee dies.

Amazing how many people believe in myth and legend.

#45 Posted by Reptilicus (682 posts) - - Show Bio

What much do the criminals weigh?

#46 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee continues to be the most overrated person in the history of this forum.

There's a good chance he'd lose to just ONE armed criminal.

He is an actor. Not a real fighter you nincompoops

#47 Posted by Reptilicus (682 posts) - - Show Bio

@handsome_stud: Although Lee mostly was an actor and teacher, back when he was just a wing chun man, he did entered in an amateur boxing tournament and knocked out the champion. Even defeating an amateur boxer is impressive when you're only using wing chun. Most wing chun guys get easily knocked out.

#48 Posted by JediXMan (29513 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce.

#49 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee did fought in real life, in his college years he got in a gang fight. Some arrogant fool barged in to his home, angered Bruce kicked him on the ribs nearly killing the guy. A karate practicioner underestimated him and challenge him, what did the Karate guy get? a hell of an ass beating. Bruce have a steal hard body. He can punch an 80 pound bag and destroy it. He can break your bones in seconds. An I read a post of some guy in this thread saying boxing wont last on a street fight. The Hell dude. Why don't you try picking on Mayweather or Pacqiuao to see if your statements are true

#50 Posted by Sherlock (7230 posts) - - Show Bio
@HumanNumber said:

Chains, Bats, Crowbars? Four grown men using these kind of weapons, unless they are mentally challenged, would beat Bruce Lee to death. Same with any martial artist. Martial arts are most effective as a sport, when it comes to real life situations it makes a lot less impact.

Martial Arts is in fact the art of fighting.All of the guys with the bats and crowbars would also be using martial arts.Your entire statement is contradictory to itself and very illogical.
@nick_hero22 said:

@Sherlock said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Bruce gets killed, martial arts aren't that effective in real life especially traditional fighting forms.

You do realize that ay form of fighting that isnt just random brawling is considered martial arts correct?For example Boxing is a form of martial art.Do you truly believe that Boxing isnt that effective in a real life situation.Also there is no true form of martial arts that is ineffective.Movie styles are as are tournament styles but those are both fake.I would assume those are what your thinking of when you say "martial arts"

I never said that all martial arts aren't that effective but the truth is that majority of them won't help in a real life situation and could possibly get you killed. Boxing is a pretty good form of fighting, but it also depends on the user of the style not so much of the style it's self and boxing wouldn't be that effective against 4 armed men with serious intentions on harming you. Yes, the reason most martial arts look so good is because during fighting demonstrations they are choreographed and the participates never go all out during these scenarios. It's funny how much people on here overrated martial arts in general, I would put a skilled brawler who actually has real life fighting experience over a martial artist who spars against opponents who never really go all out and has to use rules during fighting.


1:You did in fact say exactly that and i quote "martial arts aren't that effective in real life"This is word for word what you said.
2:The majority of martial arts were developed to counter something else so chances are they arent good for everything
3:If you are fighting at all especially against more then one person then the chances of you getting killed are always going to be high.Knowing a martial art has nothing to do with that.
4:Anything that involves any skill is tied to the person performing the skill be it fighting singing cooking hockey or sewing.All of those are art forms and if the person doing said form is poor at it the the final outcome will most likely also be poor.This most certainly does not mean there was anything wrong with the techniques used in the forms,it instead means they were not performed properly.Blaming a recipe when you make a crappy cake is a cop out and a lousy one at that.
5:Do you have a better suggestion as to what to do if 4 armed men walk up to you with killer intent?Im not saying that being proficient in Boxing means your going to win the fight but it certainly helps your chances
6:I said in my last post i wasnt counting that as anything helpful in a fight
7:Its more funny how little people know on the subject
8:Speaking of funny a "Skilled Brawler" is a martial artist go figure right?
 
Ever hear of Self Defense classes?They teach martial arts for defensive purposes.To put it bluntly the teach martial arts for real life situations
 
As i have already said martial arts is the art of fighting,and it ranges from the most difficult kicks to making a simple fist.All of them are martial arts forms and anyone who says that martial arts are ineffective in real life needs learn exactly what martial arts are.