IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Rules:

• Strength: 20 Tons in Lifting Strength. 50 tons in Striking.
  • Speed: Below Hyper Sonic in Movement/Traveling speed.
  • Durability: Must be harmed by 20 ton attacks. Can be Bullet Proof to small arms fire. This does not pertain to Shields or Armor, just their physical bodies.
  • TK Applies to Strength rules.
  • TP Applies to City Block Level.
  • Cannot win by BFR. Can BFR though.
  • Summoning's cannot exceed the limits.
  • In Character.
  • No Molecule Manipulation. No Time Manipulation.

@shenkuei

• Gilgamesh (Fate)
  • Saber (Fate)
  • Caster (Fate)

@nickthedevil

• Black Manta,
  • New 52 Deathstroke
  • Captain Boomerang II

Battlefield

Start 20 feet apart.

No Caption Provided

Fight!

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nickthedevil

YES

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

@shenkuei said:

@nickthedevil: My team is way more broken and hax than yours.

Fantastic argument.

Anyway, let's get started.

How's the durability of your guys? because I have the second Captain Boomerang, who moved just below the speed of sound, and threw his boomerangs even faster. And his aim was uncanny

Let's say your characters did have some high level of durability, his various different boomerangs are still useful, as he has explosives

For Black Manta, this is a guy who wrestles with Aquaman, and shoots concussive beams from his eyes

No Caption Provided

And deathstroke... Well, need I say more?

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShenKuei

Might as well get this started...

Servant basic capabilities:

All of the characters on my team are Servants. They are the reincarnated forms of legendary heroes such as Hercules, Robin Hood etc. They were worshiped by mankind and became beings similar to gods, with superhuman abilities far beyond that of ordinary humans.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

They are not living humans but spirits made flesh which gives them some unique abilities. For example, they can defy gravity. Saber can even fight Rider while running up the side of the building, trading blows at speeds invisible to normal humans.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

They can also take on an intangible "spirit form". Although I must note that Gilgamesh and Saber can't do this. On my team only Caster can turn into spirit mode.

Servant [Magecraft]

The Heroic Spirits summoned by the Holy Grail. They fell under the "Familiar" classification.

Seven Classes (only) were designated in advance. They were souls of the greatest purity called forth by using relics tied to the specific Heroic Spirits.

Originally they were not existences that could be controlled by mere humans, but they were forced to cooperate with the Masters due to the Command Spells. These Command Spells represented Masters' right to rule. For Servants, obedience towards the Command Spells were "the absolute condition required for materialization".

Servants could revert to Spiritual Form at any time. While in Spiritual Form, they could pass through inorganic matters that lack mana.

During Lancer's surprise drop attack from the ceilings at the Emiya residence, he phased through the roof and entered the living room. He then materialized after clearing the ceiling.

While in Spiritual Form, Servants were not affected by physical interference. However, their abilities to affect the material world decreased. As a result, it was considered advantageous to materialize during combat.

- Fate/side material - Encyclopedia: Servant [Magecraft], p.061

Another power they have is superhuman durability and resilience. Something like bleeding to death is not possible for a Servant.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Since they are composed of magical energy only the destruction of the heart or head, powerful magic, or sustained bodily damage can kill them.

How to Defeat A Servant

When a Heroic Spirit emerges into this world, he first acquires a Spiritual Core. The Heroic Spirit then materialises as the body envelopes this Spiritual Core. In order to defeat a Heroic Spirit, one must inflict damage to the Spiritual Core. The Spiritual Core gradually diminishes as a result of massive magical energy expenditure or sustaining bodily damage. Under these adverse conditions, the Heroic Spirit’s expenditure of magical energy will escalate, and should damaged be inflicted through powerful magical energy, curse, or Noble Phantasm, the Spiritual Core will be destroyed, and the Heroic Spirit will no long be able to remain materialised. The heart and head are connected directly to the Spiritual Core, thus they are the weaknesses of Heroic Spirits. Sustaining damage at these locations will significantly weaken the Spiritual Core.

-Fate/complete material III: World material - Record of Heavens Feel - Servant System: How to Defeat A Servant, p.018

They have a few other tricks that I won't get into yet. I'm going to talk about what abilities these three bring to the table individually.

Saber

No Caption Provided

I'll start with our pointman and the best frontline fighter. Saber (セイバー, Seibā?) is one of the main characters of Fate/Zero and one of the three main heroines of Fate/stay night. She is the Saber-class Servant of Kiritsugu Emiya in the Fourth Holy Grail War and Shirou Emiya in the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Her stats are high even by Servant standards. And well-rounded. Of special note is her magic resistance which is so high as to make her basically immune to magic. This is useful as it will make her safe from any potential friendly fire my team may cause.

No Caption Provided

Her skills are quite useful as well. She has "A rank" instincts which basically work like precognition. Not only letting her predict the enemy's attacks but also letting her instinctively know the best move to make in any situation. Her "magical energy burst" allows her to amp all of her stats even further. "Invisible Air" is a spell that makes her sword invisible making it much harder for enemies to deal with. The localized whirlwind also increases the damage of her attacks.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And for good measure here is a video of her fight with Berserker. Berserker is massively powerful, he's got a good stat edge on her (especially in strength) but Saber holds him off for a while. Their blades are clashing hard enough to cause small explosions, showing how much striking force she has. She also survives a decent beating from him, followed by a huge explosion (although Shirou shields her somewhat).

Loading Video...

Caster

No Caption Provided

Next up is the magic user. Caster (キャスター, ?), the magus, is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War. Servants placed within this class are adept in magecraft, and the only qualifying condition is the mastery of sorceries of the highest caliber. The Caster of FSN is basically your run-of-the-mill witch.

Typically for the Caster class her magic power is high but her physicals are somewhat low.

No Caption Provided

She only has one useful skill on the official "stat sheet" but that's because she just does everything else through magic. Obviously, she is adept with magic at as a Caster-class Servant. So adept that she's actually incredibly versatile. Her ability to cast high-level magic with a single word makes her even more dangerous.

No Caption Provided

Saber charges towards Caster 10 meters in less than a second. Caster fires 5 spells in less than a second. Saber shows off her magic resistance by just ignoring it. It's an attack that would be fatal to almost anyone else.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And here's her fight with Archer to show some of her capabilities. She starts off by teleporting away from his slash and flying into the air. From there she unloads with a ton of laser blasts. Then she freezes Archer in place and would have killed him there if the swords he threw earlier didn't come back.

Loading Video...

Gilgamesh

No Caption Provided

Finally, we have the leader and the team's "big gun". Gilgamesh (ギルガメッシュ, Girugamesshu?), is the Archer-class Servant of Tokiomi Tohsaka in the Fourth Holy Grail War of Fate/Zero. He later forms a new contract with another Master that lasts ten years later into the time of the Fifth Holy Grail War of Fate/stay night. He has an obsession with Saber during both stories.

Statwise he is about average, which still makes him superhuman across the board, but where he really shines is in his abilities. He is unanimously considered the most powerful and dangerous Servant in the series. He also happens to be the smartest, by a good margin, although it doesn't show up in the stats.

No Caption Provided

His main ability "Gate of Babylon" is the power to connect to a magic "treasure room" where he stored all the valuables he collected during life. Having been an incredibly wealthy and prestigious king the objects contained within are both numerous and extremely powerful.

No Caption Provided

Here he demonstrates his melee combat ability and the usefulness of having hundreds of weapons that each have a unique effect by wrecking Saber in close combat. Among the weapons he uses is a sword with a curse of vengeance, an invisible sword, a sword that freezes you even if you dodge it, a sickle that goes through armor like it's not even there and the legendary spear Gae Bolg.

(Text-based video from the novel)

Loading Video...

He also has limited telekinetic control over these items and can fire them like missiles, the impact of which is strong enough to cause explosions. He can spam these dozens at a time, for pretty much as long as he wants. Berserker (the black knight) is only able to survive this onslaught due to his insane physicals and abilities as a Servant.

Loading Video...

Summary and Strategy

The plan here will be fairly simple. Have Saber rush in and engage your team close-up while the other two back her up. Saber's raw speed will be too much for Manta or Deathstroke to keep up with. She'll wreck them with her magic sword and explosion-creating striking power. Meanwhile Boomerang will have to try to hit her while avoiding damaging his own teammates (so no exploding boomerangs) and dodging ranged attacks from Gilgamesh and Caster. Factor in Saber's precog increasing her avoidance capabilities as this is going on.

In fact, as soon as Caster gets into the air she will be launching lightning bolts at your team by the dozen and they may very well just be fried right off the bat. She doesn't have to worry about accidentally hitting Saber at all due to Saber's magic resistance. Gilgamesh picks anyone left off with his missile-like sword projectiles. If need be Gilgamesh can bolster his offense with special weapons like his ice sword, armor-piercing scythe etc. and Caster can throw out paralysis spells and teleport or go intangible as needed to avoid attacks.

Since my team has better synergy, more versatility, greater firepower and even superior stats (from what I've seen so far) I have to say they take this battle comfortably. This is without delving into their more advanced abilities, such as the Noble Phantasms.

Your move @nickthedevil

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShenKuei

EDIT: Never mind. I get it now.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it weird that I never got this notification.

I'll reply to this later today

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: It's been a week since my post. Are you still participating?