Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle in a real fight.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Seems clear Brock Lesnar beats Big Show in one thread. So lets switch it around a bit. Lets see how well the former WWE Champ, UFC Champ faces the Gold Medalist of the Olympics, and former WWE Champ himself.

Standard Rules of no hitting below the belt, or gouging, but other than that anything is fair game. Both are in their prime. Battle in a Standard WWE Cage Match.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who should win a legit fight?

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cregan_Stark

This is a good match up. If it were a pure wrestling match then I would go Angle but in a fight I have to go Brock. Brock has experience in striking and submission, he's also shown these skills at the highest level of MMA.

I like Angle a million times more though

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Angle is my favorite, but I think Brock would beat Leshner

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angle is the better wrestler and has more resilience lesnar is stronger and a better striker.

i think kurt takes him to the ground and wins.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TehStranger
No Caption Provided

Ends in sex

But seriously I say in a real fight Brock.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IndieComicsFTW
Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: Kurt can out wrestle h but Brock likely submits him while on the ground

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@comic_book_fan said:

angle is the better wrestler and has more resilience lesnar is stronger and a better striker.

i think kurt takes him to the ground and wins.

I like this match myself.

Brock is a MMA fighter, sure, but he also only fought a limited amount of people in a circuit.

Angle on the other hand was the best Wrestler in the world with Olympics Gold Medal, also took Gold in the USA, and he took both a Bronze and Silver medals in the World Cup! He proven time and again as one of the best, and physically fit humans in the world.

So both have their pros and cons.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to go with Brock on this one, too. Apparently once upon a time Kurt Angle was talking smack about Chuck Liddell and Chuck heard about it...not typically a good thing. Kurt said something like he could take Chuck down no problem or outwrestle him easy. Chuck responded by saying, "He might be a better wrestler, but once he starts getting hit for real, it's a whole different game." I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the gist. I think the same would hold true for Brock. Angle is no doubt a great wrestler in the sport of wrestling, but fighting is not the same thing.

I'd say the battle might go a bit like Brock v Couture, with Angle not doing as well as Randy did against Brock.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: so did chuck physically confront kurt or was it just trash talk.

kurt and brock wrestled for real backstage and kurt made brock say uncle before he would let him up atleast thats what i heard

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

"I'll beat big, bad Brock Lesnar! I'll crack open a few bottles of milk and snap his ankle with a broken freakin' neck! WOO! IT'S TRUE! IT'S DAMN TRUE!"

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I loved Kurt Angle. The guy was beast.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine008

But Brock broke the streak!

Brock>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everybody else.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

Kurt > Brock

Loading Video...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ComicStooge

That was match was like, my favourite ever.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the Angle-Lesnar feud.... Team Angle, the contingency plan, Heyman classic stuff. Onto the fight I'm giving it to Brock again.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ComicStooge

@sovereign91001 said:

I loved the Angle-Lesnar feud.... Team Angle, the contingency plan, Heyman classic stuff. Onto the fight I'm giving it to Brock again.

I miss Angle, man. He was my favourite wrestler ever. Total badass. He had insane skill and he was charismatic.

The guy had everything.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

Kurt > Brock

Loading Video...

LOL nice. Angle > Lesnar > To the streak against a old Undertaker.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

Kurt > Brock

Loading Video...

LOL nice. Angle > Lesnar > To the streak against a old Undertaker.

Basically.

Most of Lesnar's old victories against Taker in the early 2000's were clean, too. Their Hell in a Cell was a notable one.

Angle > Undertaker.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sovereign91001

@sovereign91001 said:

I miss Angle, man. He was my favourite wrestler ever. Total badass. He had insane skill and he was charismatic.

The guy had everything.

Agreed, the guy was a once in a lifetime performer, skilled, charasmatic and technical skill up the wizang. He has some good matches in TNA but it was never like when he was in the WWE...ECW withstanding.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ComicStooge

@sovereign91001 said:

@comicstooge said:

@sovereign91001 said:

The guy had everything.

Agreed, the guy was a once in a lifetime performer, skilled, charasmatic and technical skill up the wizang. He has some good matches in TNA but it was never like when he was in the WWE...ECW withstanding.

Even outside the pro-ring he won a Gold Medal with a broken neck.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad
No Caption Provided

Nyahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Nyahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

LMAO.

Seems it would go the other way around when in real fight.

Brock wrecks.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punch Brock in the face and hes on the ropes

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: so did chuck physically confront kurt or was it just trash talk.

kurt and brock wrestled for real backstage and kurt made brock say uncle before he would let him up atleast thats what i heard

It was trash talk on Kurt Angles side, he was talking about how he could take out some of the best fighters in the UFC and specifically mentioned Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell. When asked what he would do to Chuck he said he would be "ankle biting" him the whole time and also said Chuck didn't know how to wrestle. So, the only reason this is relevant is because Chucks responses were pretty on point. He said that 1) If he's close enough to shoot, he's close enough to get hit and he's never been hit before. 2) Chuck was a division 1 wrestler so he knows how to wrestle as does Brock. 3) Assume for a moment he actually is able to shoot on him and take him down...then what? There is no "pin" in mma...wait...dude, this is a WWE Cage Match?

Waste of time.

Kurt Angle wins via flying super figure 4 leotard.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: my point is they have never fought so it's just 2 people saying i can beat you up and the the other saying no way i would beat you up is pretty much all that story. and wrestlers are tested quite a bit i am sure angle has been in his fair share of fights because people are stupid and want to prove they can beat up the fake wrestler man and forget most of them are accomplished athletes or freakishly strong jacked up nut cases.

in bar room fights wrestlers have a winning track records against mma fighters lol.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Kurt could take the win. Lesnar has a chance if he doesn't let Kurt get him on the ground.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kurt, Lesner tries to end his fights from the start by overpowering people and exhausts himself while Kurt being a actual wrestler could probably easily out maneuver him and outlast him.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: my point is they have never fought so it's just 2 people saying i can beat you up and the the other saying no way i would beat you up is pretty much all that story. and wrestlers are tested quite a bit i am sure angle has been in his fair share of fights because people are stupid and want to prove they can beat up the fake wrestler man and forget most of them are accomplished athletes or freakishly strong jacked up nut cases.

in bar room fights wrestlers have a winning track records against mma fighters lol.

Wow, I hadn't heard about WWE guys beating up mma fighters in bars, before. What's the official barrom brawl score look like for Kurt Angle? Seriously, though. Do you have any examples of fights? I am interested in this.

I don't think anyone is saying wrestlers aren't tested, they just aren't fighters. I don't have any reason to think they're any stronger than a normal guy for their size who works out. I'm sure Kurt Angle was a great wrestler and I'm sure he has great story lines or whatever, but that doesn't automatically translate to being able to do well in a real fight with a guy who has actually trained and been in real fights with decent fighters. Kurt Angle has wrestling and so does Brock. That's his *one* thing and Brock can also do it. I just don't understand how people can argue that a guy with very little/zero experience in actual fighting has a chance just because you say "in his prime".

For a similar match, you could check out Couture vs Lesnar. Couture is a great olympic level wrestler who was doing pretty well against Lesnar until he got caught with a punch and Lesnar TKO'd with hamer fists. Couture was able to use his mma on top of his wrestling to be one of the greats, Kurt Angle only has the wrestling and would get destroyed in an actual fight.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say Kurt,got to look around some more

Off topic :who would win between Brock and Goldberg @indiecomicsftw:

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@comicstooge said:

No crap?! Thats a sign of hard core pain tolerance!

Edit: Just read that up, holy sh!t!

@fiodestromus said:

Golberg has no real skill in any fight style that I am aware of. im not a Golberg fan, nor know much about him honestly.

@regular_joe said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Wow, I hadn't heard about WWE guys beating up mma fighters in bars, before. What's the official barrom brawl score look like for Kurt Angle? Seriously, though. Do you have any examples of fights? I am interested in this.

I don't think anyone is saying wrestlers aren't tested, they just aren't fighters. I don't have any reason to think they're any stronger than a normal guy for their size who works out. I'm sure Kurt Angle was a great wrestler and I'm sure he has great story lines or whatever, but that doesn't automatically translate to being able to do well in a real fight with a guy who has actually trained and been in real fights with decent fighters. Kurt Angle has wrestling and so does Brock. That's his *one* thing and Brock can also do it. I just don't understand how people can argue that a guy with very little/zero experience in actual fighting has a chance just because you say "in his prime".

For a similar match, you could check out Couture vs Lesnar. Couture is a great olympic level wrestler who was doing pretty well against Lesnar until he got caught with a punch and Lesnar TKO'd with hamer fists. Couture was able to use his mma on top of his wrestling to be one of the greats, Kurt Angle only has the wrestling and would get destroyed in an actual fight.

Most of this is garbage. I use to be in the military, and there was many people with Local MMA backgrounds, local Martial Arts backgrounds, and School/College Wrestling backgrounds. I remember seeing this 200+ pound, muscle bound Corpmen who like to do local MMA training in Virginia get taken down in a submission match by a kid of similar weight and build who only had Highschool wrestling background.

Your point is crap. People can fight, especially fake wrestlers who are trained, and excell in the knoeldge how to fight and not get hurt. That may seem a joke, but both know how not hurt others, this is a two sided deal however, as they know how to hurt someone else. I am not a MMA fighter, but I know Law Enforcement style submission and red zone striking to bring someone nearly twice my size or weight down. Point is you cannot say Kurt Angle does not know how to fight, as any idiot with moderate training in fake wrestlig knows where to hit, and what to avoid to cause damage. Turn that knowledge around, and Kurt knows exactly where to hit, and how to harm someone.

Im not sure if you grasp these concepts. Knowledge helps in a fight, but Brock beaten many UFC fighters even though Brock himself was inferior in knowledge and experience. he overwhelmed them. In this case Kurt is physically as daunting, and proven to be the BEST skill wise in wrestling knowledge in most of the world through his various medals in the Olympics, Country, and World Cups. Kurt also has examples of fighting with a dang near broken neck! Show me Brock fighting any battle with that kind of pain tolerance!

Point is you seem to be either ratting American TV UFC (not even a world sport like some MMA, and limited in the quality of fighters) higher than World Level competition of skill and physical performance that Kurt done.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@fiodestromus said:

Golberg has no real skill in any fight style that I am aware of. im not a Golberg fan, nor know much about him honestly.

@regular_joe said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Most of this is garbage. I use to be in the military, and there was many people with Local MMA backgrounds, local Martial Arts backgrounds, and School/College Wrestling backgrounds. I remember seeing this 200+ pound, muscle bound Corpmen who like to do local MMA training in Virginia get taken down in a submission match by a kid of similar weight and build who only had Highschool wrestling background.

O - Then your 200+ pound Corpmen sucked at stuffing takedowns, I guess. Don't know what to tell you. Way to go highschool wrestler?

1 - If it's a submission match, the mma guy would have probably wanted to be on the ground since it's a submission match.

2 - Since the wrestler only had highschool wrestling experience, he was probably really good at scoring points for the ref and winning wrestling matches. As soon as he gets into it with someone who even a halfway decent ground game or grappling, he's screwed. Especially someone who's similar in size and condition.

3 - I'm still waiting for your examples of wrestlers beating up mma guys all the time in barrooms...or was this anecdotal evidence you just provided all you really had? Just some personal stories of back in day where "I one time saw this one guy..." let me know when you come up with something someone can verify to back up your claims. Also, getting a takedown on an mma guy is not a "winning track record".

Your point is crap. People can fight, especially fake wrestlers who are trained, and excell in the knoeldge how to fight and not get hurt.

No. They are trained in how to make it look like they are fighting, not actual fighting. Nowhere in actual fighting will you find guys jumping off turnbuckles at other guys because that's how you just kill yourself in real life. They do not "excel in the knowledge of how to fight". They excel in the knowledge of how to put on a show. Even with that knowledge, they still get hurt all the time.

That may seem a joke, but both know how not hurt others, this is a two sided deal however, as they know how to hurt someone else. I am not a MMA fighter, but I know Law Enforcement style submission and red zone striking to bring someone nearly twice my size or weight down.

That's awesome. Try your redzone stuff against a top mma guy. Let me know how that works out for you. I'm sure you know plenty of secret combat tactics to drop anyone in a "real street situation", but we're talking about going up against guys who fight for a living. Kurt Angle is a performer. Even in his prime, he was only ever a wrestler.

Point is you cannot say Kurt Angle does not know how to fight, as any idiot with moderate training in fake wrestlig knows where to hit, and what to avoid to cause damage. Turn that knowledge around, and Kurt knows exactly where to hit, and how to harm someone.

Kurt Angle does not know how to fight. If you have to "turn your knowledge around" to figure out where to hit someone to do damage, your starting off even worse than someone with no experience.

Im not sure if you grasp these concepts.

lol

Knowledge helps in a fight, but Brock beaten many UFC fighters even though Brock himself was inferior in knowledge and experience. he overwhelmed them.

Brock has 5 professional wins and 3 losses. So, 5 times he got into the ring and beat the crap out of another guy to the point where he knocked out, they stopped the fight or he submitted them. I don't think any of them went to the judges...could be wrong, I'm just too lazy to check at the moment. That's 8 times Brock has gone into combat, real combat, and won more times than he's lost against some great fighters who have far more experience in actual fighting than Kurt Angle ever has and, really, ever will at this point. Saying he "overwhelmed them" is you, I think, trying to sort of say that he just got lucky in the ring. Maybe he did, but 5 times against high caliber fighters is pretty lucky. He's not the greatest fighter ever, but he's certainly good enough to beat the crap out of Kurt Angle at any point in his career.

In this case Kurt is physically as daunting, and proven to be the BEST skill wise in wrestling knowledge in most of the world through his various medals in the Olympics, Country, and World Cups. Kurt also has examples of fighting with a dang near broken neck! Show me Brock fighting any battle with that kind of pain tolerance!

He has examples of wrestling with a dang ner broken neck. I will not dispute the awesomeness of this feat. Just because you have a high tolerance for pain, doesn't mean you can beat another guy at fighting. It just means that you'll get beat up a lot more before the ref stops the fight.

Point is you seem to be either ratting American TV UFC (not even a world sport like some MMA, and limited in the quality of fighters) higher than World Level competition of skill and physical performance that Kurt done.

I'm rating (I assume you meant "rating") UFC fights as the only examples we have of Brock actually fighting. Saying UFC is "limited in the quality of fighters" is kind of true, I guess but there are some amazing talents in there. Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Jon Bones Jones, etc. There's some A+ talent in there.

Also, I am pretty explicitly stating that nearly any fighter in the UFC stable should be able to beat nearly any wrestler of equal weight class, simply because the wrestler is not trained in fighting. It's an unfair advantage putting someone trained to fight against someone who is trained to wrestle for points.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lesnar after a good fight.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: And yet many people disagree with your very faulty line of thinking lol. So there is that guy ;)

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Regular_Joe

@regular_joe: And yet many people disagree with your very faulty line of thinking lol. So there is that guy ;)

I have no problem with that. For now, you're the only person I'm talking to, though. I'm open to discuss where you see the flaws in my logic that really boils down to:

MMA fighter beats Wrestler at MMA.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@regular_joe said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

I have no problem with that. For now, you're the only person I'm talking to, though. I'm open to discuss where you see the flaws in my logic that really boils down to:

Your flaws is your Linear thinking, where my real life experience involves the fact there is more variables than simply "He fought people in a few real matches from a limited talent pool" which is really all you have for a argument. :) Its narrow minded faulty logic.

But its your opinion. Nothing factual about it lol so its all good. Thats why I posted this fight.

Also this.

Epic fail. this is not a MMA fight, its pretty much a anything goes fight with no low blows, or gouging. Not a limited UFC fight with rules as well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

Kurt wins because of his entrance music alone

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Regular_Joe

@regular_joe said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

Your flaws is your Linear thinking, where my real life experience involves the fact there is more variables than simply "He fought people in a few real matches from a limited talent pool" which is really all you have for a argument. :) Its narrow minded faulty logic.

Limited talent pool full of people who would also stomp Kurt Angle in a real fight. Your "real life experience" is somehow special and gives you greater insight that you are unable to share with others apparently. More variables such as what? What other variables are going to present themselves that Kurt Angle will be able to take advatage of? Please elaborate.

But its your opinion. Nothing factual about it lol so its all good. Thats why I posted this fight.

All I'm posting are facts. Actual statistics of his fight record. Your posts are all based on opinion and you, for some reason, refuse to accept a basic reasoning. Would say that a guy with zero wrestling experience could beat Kurt Angle in wrestling if they were both "in their prime"? Yes or no on this one would be fine. Include any variables you like. I thought it was just hand to hand, but maybe you're thinking a broken beer bottle laying nearby will turn the tide.

Also this.

Epic fail. this is not a MMA fight, its pretty much a anything goes fight with no low blows, or gouging. Not a limited UFC fight with rules as well.

Well, you're basically describing a UFC match. No groin shots, no eye gouges. The only other rules really are no knee strikes to the head while they're down and no hitting behind the head. Every thing else is legal.

MetalGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock takes this..

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock should win. His strength and size and power should overcome the advantage angle has in wrestling. Brocks a good wrestler himself and a better striker.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By godzilla44

Kurt takes him down with a double leg or sweep single, then ground and pounds from their

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By comic_book_fan

@regular_joe: Batista randy orton and HHH beat up a whole mess of kickboxers in a hotel for starting shit with ric flair.

brain Christopher jerry lawler's son beat up 2 local mma fighters in a bar then fled the police and was found passed out in a strange woman's bedroom floor when she got back home. there is 2 i will look up a few more.

the nasty boys bullied ken shamrock and beat him up this story came from his mouth.

and many mma fighters that have done both say that wrestling is much harder.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: Batista randy orton and HHH beat up a how mess of kickboxers in a hotel for starting shit with ric flair.

brain Christopher jerry lawler's son beat up 2 local mma fighters in a bar then fled the police and was found passed out in a strange woman's bedroom floor when she got back home. there is 2 i will look up a few more.

the nasty boys bullied kin shamrock and beat him up this story came from his mouth.

SOOOOO TRUE!

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fiodestromus

@comicstooge said:

@fiodestromus said:

@regular_joe said:

@comic_book_fan said:

Your point is crap. People can fight, especially fake wrestlers who are trained, and excell in the knoeldge how to fight and not get hurt. That may seem a joke, but both know how not hurt others, this is a two sided deal however, as they know how to hurt someone else. I am not a MMA fighter, but I know Law Enforcement style submission and red zone striking to bring someone nearly twice my size or weight down. Point is you cannot say Kurt Angle does not know how to fight, as any idiot with moderate training in fake wrestlig knows where to hit, and what to avoid to cause damage. Turn that knowledge around, and Kurt knows exactly where to hit, and how to harm someone.

Im not sure if you grasp these concepts. Knowledge helps in a fight, but Brock beaten many UFC fighters even though Brock himself was inferior in knowledge and experience. he overwhelmed them. In this case Kurt is physically as daunting, and proven to be the BEST skill wise in wrestling knowledge in most of the world through his various medals in the Olympics, Country, and World Cups. Kurt also has examples of fighting with a dang near broken neck! Show me Brock fighting any battle with that kind of pain tolerance!

Would you be down to make a thread ?

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going for Kurt

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kriminal

lesner beat the undertaker at WrestleMania, so I would take him. didn't think wrestling could make me so sad still

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kriminal said:

lesner beat the undertaker at WrestleMania, so I would take him. didn't think wrestling could make me so sad still

Kurt beat Lesnar in Summer Slam. So Kurt > Lesnar > Out of Shape Undertaker by your ABC Logic :P

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan said:

@regular_joe: Batista randy orton and HHH beat up a how mess of kickboxers in a hotel for starting shit with ric flair.

the nasty boys bullied kin shamrock and beat him up this story came from his mouth.

SOOOOO TRUE!

Loading Video...

More anecdotal evidence. Here is an actual fight that Batista had which shows his fighting ability. The older, out shape man he's fighting is named Lucero who took the fight with Batista on short notice.

That these guys are going around saying they're pounding mma fighters all the time is laughable. Wasn't Ken Shamrock actually in the WWE at one point? I find any comment from him like you suggested highly suspect.

Batista has almost no fighting experience or ability, but at least he got into the ring at least once, such as it is. It more showcases his inability than fighting prowess.