Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Argantyr

Inspired by this thread: 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/mister-x-vs-bronze-tiger-and-richard-dragon/2832/#146

Team LTP (Low-Level Telepath)
Brass and Mr. X are extremely profficient martial artists who have obtained the mutant ability to read the minds of others to anticipate their motions. Mr.X is a well known, though poorly used, Wolverine villain that is virtually master of all martial arts and a nasty combatant.

Brass on the other hand is a bit more obscure, but make no mistake, Brass is an extremely proficient martial artist and an ex-Navy SEAL, a master of several martial arts but perhaps when it comes to skill he may or may not be up to par with Mr. X. However, Brass in a chance encounter with Wolverine managed to sneak up and kill Hand ninjas with his bare hands, square off with a mildly drugged up Wolverine and even escape from a window before Wolverine could so much as see his identity. Brass's telepathy, or ability to read minds, extends much further than I believe Mr. X's has, and has anticipated not only his foes moves, but has anticipated a blast from a considerable length away with his back completely turned.

vs

Team DCMA [DC Martial Artists]

Which can mostly be covered by the afore mentioned thread, though Brass needed a bit of an intro due to the fact that well...he's not well known. Note that it is this Brass:

http://www.comicvine.com/brass/29-42855/

alright and hopefully this thread is a tad more even. 

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By weaponmaster

Team DC realizes that Team LTP is reading their minds and anticipating their moves (or Mr. X just brags about it because he is a psychotic moron) and Bronze Tiger and  Richard Dragon use 8 Drunken Immortals Kung Fu which neutralizes team ones telepathy.

Team DC wins.

Argantyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Argantyr
@weaponmaster:

Well I can see some victories on both sides but, allow me to disagree wit part of what you've mentioned. I could see Mr. X, even if properly written, possibly implying his ability to anticipate his opponents movements, but not until mid battle or if he were to falsely believe he was about to be victorious but as for Brass, he has not shown the same limitations and not to mention I wonder, where do moderm military combat systems fall into line with traditional martial arts, if someone could inform me if it has any pros or cons versus the more traditional methods from which it was derived I would appreciate it, otherwise I believe the handbooks to list Mr. X as having learned every martial arts on Marvel Earth [Making him one of the most deadly martial artists on Marvel Earth] but I do not have scans to back that up, so for now, until I do, regard that as speculation.

Also, tell me this, what are the chances that Mr. X would be aware that Brass is able to predict his opponents actions as well? Brass isn't really the sort of guy that likes to talk, joke around maybe, blow up a few ninjas with a well placed grenade, but he didn't tell Logan or Ghost Rider of his ability until the middle of the arc in which Brass popped up.

Oh and also Brass has taken a few hits from Ghost Rider, but he wasn't really going all out, just busting some walls intentionally to find some captive girl.

Edit: So do I believe that either team will score a quick win? I'm inclined to believe team LTP will overcome team DCMA more often by not, combined Mr. X and Brass [who has no implications with killing either] shouldn't have the problem with exhaustion nor handicap through uneven numbers - and I'd say Brass and Mr. X are relatively level enough, too bad Brass was depowered, woulda liked to see how the two might have squared off, though perhaps thats a tad too complicated to put into writing.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weaponmaster
@Argantyr said:

@weaponmaster: Well I can see some victories on both sides but, allow me to disagree wit part of what you've mentioned. I could see Mr. X, even if properly written, possibly implying his ability to anticipate his opponents movements, but not until mid battle or if he were to falsely believe he was about to be victorious but as for Brass, he has not shown the same limitations and not to mention I wonder, where do moderm military combat systems fall into line with traditional martial arts, if someone could inform me if it has any pros or cons versus the more traditional methods from which it was derived I would appreciate it, otherwise I believe the handbooks to list Mr. X as having learned every martial arts on Marvel Earth [Making him one of the most deadly martial artists on Marvel Earth] but I do not have scans to back that up, so for now, until I do, regard that as speculation.Also, tell me this, what are the chances that Mr. X would be aware that Brass is able to predict his opponents actions as well? Brass isn't really the sort of guy that likes to talk, joke around maybe, blow up a few ninjas with a well placed grenade, but he didn't tell Logan or Ghost Rider of his ability until the middle of the arc in which Brass popped up.Oh and also Brass has taken a few hits from Ghost Rider, but he wasn't really going all out, just busting some walls intentionally to find some captive girl.Edit: So do I believe that either team will score a quick win? I'm inclined to believe team LTP will overcome team DCMA more often by not, combined Mr. X and Brass [who has no implications with killing either] shouldn't have the problem with exhaustion nor handicap through uneven numbers - and I'd say Brass and Mr. X are relatively level enough, too bad Brass was depowered, woulda liked to see how the two might have squared off, though perhaps thats a tad too complicated to put into writing.

Even if neither verbally gives their TP away, the DC fighters are smart and wise and experienced enough to realize that their opponents are somehow anticipating their every attack and would Utilize drunken techniques.

Military combat training is a crash course in a few techniques but is definitely not a complete system (with the exception of the chinese military Pa Chi system) and there is not enough practice to ingrain the techniques via muscle memory so they fall under basic training for all intents and purposes. learning all of the martial arts on earth won't stop a better martial artist or more physically gifted or more intelligent martial artist from defeating you, even if he only knows one style.

Mr. X would see that Brass is using TP because of X's own TP and from his experience using it himself.

Again, they would surmise quickly that their moves are being somehow anticipated and use drunken techniques.

A few hits from GH who was holding back is not the same as having your windpipe shattered or recieving multiple dim mak strikes via drunken techniques.

concerning your edit. I believe that you mean Brass has no compunction about killing, rather than implication, which is used out of context.

Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon will win as drunken techniques will neutralize their mind-reading and without it they are not in BT and RDs league.

X vs Brass would not be complicated to write if they both could read minds. Their TP would essentially cancel the others out and the best fighter who was faster and had more endurance would win.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Static Shock
@weaponmaster said:

Team DC realizes that Team LTP is reading their minds and anticipating their moves (or Mr. X just brags about it because he is a psychotic moron

LOL.