#1 Edited by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre flashpoint Brainiac gets 45 minutes prep

Dr manhattan has no prep but knows that someone is after him

Fight takes place on Oa

#2 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac has a "12th-level intellect." With a whole 45 minutes of prep I'm sure Brainiac would win.

#3 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a mismatch ....manhattan easily... he is so underrated.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

#6 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Brainiac definitely loses IMO. Gary Franks Brainiac is the most interesting to consider. May I ask if he has any prior knowledge about Dr. Manhattan to go with his prep?

#7 Posted by dondave (33580 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan ftw

#8 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

Actually it's the opposite. Dr. Manhattan is totally overrated.

#9 Edited by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected: No, this is not a stomp,

Brainiac is cosmically intelligent, It took the entire justice league (not just the 8 members) but the whole justice league to make a war with him

If manhattan doesn't interfere with Brainiac's prep

then his technology should somehow pulls out the gig

I don't know who will exactly win

#10 Posted by Equonox (962 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac could likely figure out a way to BFR him, but I don't think actually killing DM is possible considering he has the ability to reassemble himself from nothing.

#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Manhattan wins

#12 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

Brainiac could likely figure out a way to BFR him, but I don't think actually killing DM is possible considering he has the ability to reassemble himself from nothing.

Problem is, we don't if it is possible to kill him, but Manhattan has only ever reformed from one specific thing: having his intrinsic field removed, which is not proof enough to say that he cannot be affected/killed by other means, means that do not involve intrinsic field removal.

As for the rest, I have not read enough DC to know if Braniac has sufficient means/tech to put Manhattan down.

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

New 52 Brainiac definitely loses IMO. Gary Franks Brainiac is the most interesting to consider. May I ask if he has any prior knowledge about Dr. Manhattan to go with his prep?

I forgot to mention I just read the whole new krypton story. I thought it was awesome. It was gary frank/pre flashpoint brainiac I'm useing

#14 Edited by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman said:

@deaditegonzo said:

I forgot to mention I just read the whole new krypton story. I thought it was awesome. It was gary frank/pre flashpoint brainiac I'm useing

Brainiac blinds Dr. Manhattans ability to see the future by setting of an atomic bomb before their battle, thereby sending tachyons through time, which have been shown to blind him in the Watchment.

Manhattan doesnt know at all to expect at that point. Brainiac sets up a machine much like Ozymandias, that breaks Manhattan down into his base atoms, but his plan is different. He catches those atoms and puts them in a permanent stasis (by freezing them at absolute zero, or some electro magnetic stasis field mumbo jumbo), possibly even dipping into their infinite energies a power source, and Manhattan becomes Brainiacs most beloved bottled specimen.

Brainiac ftw, without throwing a punch.

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: if brainiac won he would definitely bottle Manhattan and try to study and find out his knowledge.

#16 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

So many different scenarios i really couldn't say

#17 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Doesn't Dr. Manhattan's size-altering and self-multiplying abilities mean his consciousness isn't confined to a set number of specific atoms? He'd probably just reform himself using other atoms in the surrounding area.

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (5384 posts) - - Show Bio

im going with manhattan... 45 min isnt enough

#19 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan is severely underated in power on this site. Controlling atoms is controlling atoms, it doesn't matter if he lived in a world full of street levelers.

#20 Posted by deaditegonzo (3507 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: I dont know, thats a good question. But doesnt his response to Ozymandias about how reforming himself is the first thing he learned to do imply that he has to reform himself? That he cant just use whatevers laying around? I dont know.

#21 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8 said:

Brainiac is cosmically intelligent, It took the entire justice league (not just the 8 members) but the whole justice league to make a war with him

I doubt Manhattan could be destroyed via any technology at all. It would take some powerful cosmic or abstract being like AM or Spectre to put him down permanently. I really dont see any way for Braniac to win......

#22 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected:

please don't doubt. Brainiac's technology is in cosmic level

like I said I don't know who will win,

but

this is not a stomp match, because Brainiac is cosmically genius

#23 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

@matmatxm8 said:

I doubt Manhattan could be destroyed via any technology at all. It would take some powerful cosmic or abstract being like AM or Spectre to put him down permanently. I really dont see any way for Braniac to win......

@Wyldsong said:

Problem is, we don't if it is possible to kill him, but Manhattan has only ever reformed from one specific thing: having his intrinsic field removed, which is not proof enough to say that he cannot be affected/killed by other means, means that do not involve intrinsic field removal.

#24 Posted by InnerAssassin (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Dr. Manhattan is severely underated in power on this site. Controlling atoms is controlling atoms, it doesn't matter if he lived in a world full of street levelers.

Thank you!

#25 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an intersting match. For now I can't side with either side. Does anyone have any showings of Manhattan from the new Watchmen series that would allow us to feel him out? As it is Manhattans only weakness has been his own power turned on him. And even that wasn't terribly effective. But Braniac has also shown incredible resilience. At the moment nothing indicates anything more then a stale mate.

#26 Edited by Wyldsong (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerAssassin said:

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Thank you!

There is such a thing as different degrees of power and ability with any power set in the wonderful world of comics, and that is an indisputable fact. The problem with Manhattan being is that there really is not a whole lot of intel to go on due to lack of feats and showings to properly gauge his degree of power and ability.