Bracket Battle: One-time Amps (4 of 4: Very High)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket battle among characters who all have one-time amps!

Due to the nature of these amps, feats are often limited in number, so extrapolate and estimate as you please. Have fun with this and feel free to take a guess rather than worry about being perfectly accurate!

All the fights in round one occur, then the winners move on to round two, and so on. Last one around is the winner. Everyone is fully rested and healed after each round, and weapons are replenished.

In character, fights start at 30’ in the Badlands of South Dakota. Win by KO, death, or incapacitation.

Sometimes I have changed the characters’ weapons from the original.

What is a one-time amp in this context? I tried to limit myself to amps that only lasted one issue, or at most one story arc.

I will admit to be very Marvel-heavy in these brackets, just because that’s what I’m most familiar with. I am planning to do another set of these sometime in the future, and already have some extra characters for them, but if anyone has any suggestions for great one-time-amped characters, please let me know—and give me some details on the level of their boost to help me know what tier to put them in. Thanks!

I have put in the issue numbers if I know them. If I haven’t put in the issue numbers, and you know them, please post them below and I’ll edit the OP to include them.

This round is very high-powered characters, from skyfather on up. Granted some of these people are clearly tougher than others, but making a bracket with one-time amps doesn't lend itself towards perfectly even brackets.

With that…who wins each fight in each round, and why?

The Bracket
The Bracket

Character Details:

Gamora, after submitting to the Black Vortex, and in possession of the Vortex (Black Vortex).

Magik with the P5. She has only her one-fifth share of the Phoenix Force. (Avengers vs X-Men.)

Rick Jones with the Destiny Force in the Kree-Skrull War. Avengers 97.

Ripley from Lumberjanes #8, with the power of Zeus.

In-Betweener with the Soul Gem. Silver Surfer 17-18.

Maelstrom as Anomaly, with the Quantum Bands, and Cosmic Awareness, Quasar 23-24.

Doom with the Life Force, in Children’s Crusade 7-8.

Havok with the power of the Nexus of Realities, as in his final battle with Madelyne Pryor in Mutant X #32.

Chaos King Hercules, Chaos War 5.

Galactus in the end-of-the-universe storyline in Fantastic Four 339-41.

Trion Juggernaut, Uncanny X-Men 369.

Dr. Strange with the Wings of Needless Sorrow and the power of Arioch in Strange Tales 13-14.

Quasar as the avatar of Infinity, Quasar 24.

Ghaur with the power of the Dreaming Celestial. Eternals 11-12.

Dazzler after the Beyonder (pre-retcon) shares half his power with her in Secret Wars II #4.

Ereshkigal with the Star Brand. Quasar 49/50.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 owie  Moderator

Callouts for Magik, Doom, Hercules, Galactus, Juggernaut, Strange, Quasar, Celestials. Sorry if anyone is listed more than once (I think I got rid of all double tags), or isn't interested. But hey, you're here, take a guess at the brackets! :)

Also, here are the links to the other brackets in this series:

One-time Amps 1: Low

One-time Amps 2: Medium

One-time Amps 3: High

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Why no Superboy Prime with Oan Amp?

I am disappoint.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Dope!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 owie  Moderator

Why no Superboy Prime with Oan Amp?

I am disappoint.

Haha, sorry. Like I said, I know Marvel better.